then i opened my eyes and the nightmare was me
[html]
*rubs hands together evilly*

The northland was quiet and cold, but it was nice to be away from the city and from the sins he had committed there. His breath smoked in the chilly morning, and the mare’s puffs of air rose up to join them as her hooves fell on the winding mountain path. She was relatively placid now that they had reached Halcyon, her grumbling kept to a minimum and her physical fighting nonexistent, but Levent knew that she knew the wet leaves lining the treacherous rocky path could send her falling if she unbalanced. He didn’t like that he had to control the mare through placing her in circumstances where disobedience resulted in harsh consequences, but his usual tactics of kindness didn’t work here.

Kindness rarely worked for him anymore; it’d been bled out of him. The closest he could come to peace right now was the morning punctuated by hoof-rhythms and dawn-twitters of birds that’d yet to leave in preparation for the coming months.

Fur shifted against fur, and Levent glanced down at the bulge under his shirt where the white tomcat was curled in a ball, snug and warm. This wasn’t even the worst of the weather to come, he knew, only a taste of winter like the ones they’d weathered upon first coming to North America, but he could afford the cat a little more luxury. Wilson was the last thing he felt he could love anymore; it was already clear that he’d failed to love anything else right. For Wilson, he’d killed—and done worse things, in the span of a few frantic minutes.

So the odd trio traveled, winding up through the mountains to a destination that Levent was only half sure of, leaving behind the song of the south and the scars of the city.

+ 300 words

<style type="text/css">
.strvgrace-ooc {margin:0px auto; width:490px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:9px; font-familyConfusedmall fonts; text-align:right;}
.strvgrace b {color:#050d12; letter-spacing:0px;}
.strvgrace b.npc {color:#e2eed4;}
.strvgrace p {text-indent:50px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.strvgrace p:first-line {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.strvgrace {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#617067; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K6Rmn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d211e; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:1em; color:#1d211e; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

Blast that northern pack. She would make them pay for what they had done. Amy had come to her home to recover from the injury. It stung her body, and she needed it to be fixed. The sling she had placed around it worked for now, but she needed better care. Amy was a killer, not a healer. While she knew how the body worked in an intimate way that few did, she couldn't put it back together. Someone else was needed for that.

Her ears twitched at the sound of someone outside. Since she was already in a bad mood this made things just perfect for her. Drawing a throwing knife she stepped out, watching as a horse trotted along. The familiar scent reached her, and she slipped the knife away. This was good news. She'd enjoy a visit with him. Smiling she let out a deep bark. Levent! How are you? The anger from before was gone, confident he had been punished for his impudence.

Images courtesy of blood--stock & sixwings.

<style type="text/css">
.soldsoul b {font-weight:bold; color:#723021;}
.soldsoul p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.soldsoul {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jP1MV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 345px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#faf6ef; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000

[/html]
[html]

The paint mare continued to plod along, the furry ball of warmth curled against Levent’s stomach, and the birds occasionally trilling from the mountain pines or hopping around the bushes. It was peace, all for a few more seconds, until the horse stopped still and snorted and a voice hailed him.

The man pulled back on the reins out of reflex although Mai had already halted, and she jerked her head in retaliation before snorting once more at the strange blonde dog standing before them. An ear went back, but Levent slowly reached up to pat her neck before slipping down out of the saddle, his arms cradling the bulge under his shirt as if it were a pregnant belly. He could feel the form underneath breathing and shifting, but fortunately Wilson hadn’t woken yet, and Lev did not want to wake him.

“They’re dead,” Levent stated coldly, his voice low and barely carrying across the distance. He looked at her sling, at the treacherous cliffs, and knew that if he reached out and shoved her she’d die; maybe they’d both die. “My puppies are dead,” he continued in the same voice, one devoid of the emotion and grief and pain that had plagued him, destroyed him, in the month after their passing. He’d shaken and sobbed in the middle of the night, had contemplated ending his one goal in life in the span of an instant, had done terrible things to a young woman with his hand alone. He should have wanted to break down and cry, those four words whispered in the cold air, but he didn’t.

There were no tears left; that Levent had been effectively killed, and dead men did not cry tears.

<style type="text/css">
.strvgrace-ooc {margin:0px auto; width:490px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:9px; font-familyConfusedmall fonts; text-align:right;}
.strvgrace {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#617067; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K6Rmn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d211e; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:1em; color:#1d211e; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

Her eyes fell to the slight rising of Levent's stomach. Probably his cat. Her eyes moved back up to him. Levent's eyes were icy, almost dead. He'd never been real around her, though, so it didn't really mean anything to her. She watched him step down, confident that he wouldn't do anything to her. He was hers completely. Even his soul belonged to him, if his heart was still his to give to who he pleased. He just paid the price when it wasn't someone she approved of.

She listened to his words. So that's what he'd been hiding from her. Shaking her head she stepped forwards. You shouldn't have hidden them from me. You belong to me. You should know that. Her brown eyes were falsely sympathetic, looking over him. Would you like something to drink? I have some tea. It could warm you up, chase off the cold. The cold inside him, Amy had never lived without such a thing.

<style type="text/css">
.soldsoul {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jP1MV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 345px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#faf6ef; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The dog woman’s words were simple, her voice matter of fact: Levent had disobeyed her, and he had suffered the punishment, and that was all there was to it, no more than a logical statement one might offer to an insubordinate child. He was disgusted by how simple the words sounded to him, how it struck him with helplessness rather than drawing out the rage beating behind a ribcage like cold white fingers. She’d killed his children, his baby girl and little boy, but he had killed them, too. Maybe if he’d simply spoken the words, admitted the existence of his progeny, they’d still be alive. Had it been worth sheltering them only for them to die without knowing the woman?

All the shivering man could do was lower his eyes, and it was then he knew that she’d broken him, fully and completely.

A wind stirred the versicolor leaves of the wooded mountains, and Levent wrapped his arms a little more snugly around the bundle against his stomach. His dark ears immediately flattened at mention of a “drink,” but the thought of warm tea sounded exquisite, never mind who it came from. He hesitated, feeling cold to the bone in the mountains’ morning chill and with the beaten-down rage in his heart, and then nodded.

“I assume you have a better place to have said tea than this path,” the man stated, glancing down at the rocky drop-offs below them. Mai shifted again, and he reached back to rest his hand on her neck though her skin jumped under his touch as if he were an annoying fly, probably a fairly accurate thought. He grabbed her reins instead, waiting for Amy to lead the way, not before his eyes flickered over her sling. “Someone give you what you deserve, şeytan kadın?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

He was shivering. Something had changed him. Amy had noted it before, and her curse should have done the work to change him back. Instead he was being submissive, a rather boring result. She hadn't wanted to shatter his spirit. She'd been drawn to it. If he truly was broken it would be a crying shame, knowing that she had lost such a jewel of a canine. At least he accepted the tea. She would have to examine how damaged he was more closely, and do what she could to make sure he remained useful.

His remark did show that he still had some spirit at least. Amy's ears flicked back before she perked up again. Please. I didn't deserve it, and they will pay for what they've done. Turning she walked down the path, heading down to the house where she lived. The house is nearby. Your horse can be picketed with my own. What flavor tea would you like? She could play the gracious host as long as he played by the rules.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]