You can make the sun rise[p]
[html]

table ©Vida Big Grin 300+ words. 3 points

Leilah was never much of a late sleeper. But today, she was up especially early. She had spent most of her days before going Anathema walking until her paws hurt to bad to carry on. Now that she finally had a new place to call home, she was free to focus on different tasks of her choice.

She expected she would be given chores eventually. Every time she encountered a possible playmate, they always turned out to be much to busy. An insect had distracted her for a while. She practiced her pouncing, and played an entertaining game of chase for a while. Most bugs she found could fly-- Like the red ones with black spots. They would always land on her, usually on her back, and drive her crazy! Then, just when she felt like she was getting close to capturing the little bugger, it would fly off. She shuddered, feeling her skin crawl beneath her fur. It was such an ugly sensation.. Having an itch you just couldn't reach. She lowered her purple eyes upon spotting movement by a nearby piece of grass. Her fluffy ears flickered, listening closely to see if she could hear the whistle of wind passing through the trees. Of course she could have tried to see if she felt it on her skin, but touch was one of the simpler sense. She felt as though she had to keep all of them in tiptop shape. That way, they would all be equally as strong. The detection of still air told her that there must be something on, or near that strand of grass. She pounced, her rump up in the air as she landed with her paws perfectly over the area. After sensing no movement under her small brown paws, she turned one over to the side to check underneath them. Just as soon as it happened, a small insect jumped out of her grasp. Leilah signed softly.. "Fooled by a buggy!"

The pup trotted on, searching for a new source of enjoyment. She hadn't wandered all that far past one of the Howling Cavern Entrances when she discovered a barn. Her nose wiggled, along with her tail as she excitedly sniffed at the smells that came with this previously undiscovered area. She circled around the barn, then ran towards the scent of another canine. "Maybe they want to play.."

<style>
.gal01.ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gal01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gal01 b {color: #CAB802; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.gal01 {background-color: #EAE8D4; border:5px solid #000000; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color: #000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify;}
.gal01-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #91A90A; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Ayasha hadn't really spent as much time as she should have with Ahuli between the horse being gone with Liam, the pups, and her missing her mate. So she knew that she should probably go spend some time with her stallion. So she grabbed some of his favorite treats and headed to the stables with Albus perched on her shoulder. He was almost fully trained and she mostly trusted him to not fly off, or at least not without coming back when she called to him. When she arrived at the stable, Ahuli came over to see her and Albus perched on a piece of wood nearby.

She smiled at the horse, rubbing his nose gently before handing him an apple. Pretty soon she wouldn't be able to give him fresh apples and would need to figure out something else to treat him to. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to spend much time with you, my friend." He neighed in acceptance and she giggled at him. But Albus alerted her to someone approaching and she turned to see a young pup, likely a little bit younger than her own, coming towards her. She gave the horse a pat before she crouched down to the young one's level. "Hi there." She gave the pup a warm smile.
[html]

occ:Sorry for the crap post!

Leilah offered a warm smile to the white lady, but her eyes observed the small creature that sat on her shoulder. At first she did not recognize it to be a bird. The only time she really saw the winged animals was when they were high up in trees, or soaring in the sky above her. "Hi!" She said, her long-haired tail swaying back and forth behind her. "I'm Leilah!" She felt like she hadn't talked to anyone in years. Everyone around here was much to busy.

The young wolfdog approached Ayasha, her eyes still trained on the owl. Of course the horse had drawn her attention too, but the bird could fly away at any minute! "Why would he choose to stay?" Every time she tried to approach something they ran away. "What's so special about her?" After circling once around the girl, she directed her speech towards her again. "Can I kill it? Just for fun," Asked the canine. Her voice carried a cheery sound, almost as though she didn't realize what a dark thing she said. Oh, how she wished she was older. Then she could catch things all by herself!

[/html]
OOC: Its a perfectly good post Smile

IC: Ayasha watched the young girl stare at her owl companion. She was starting to get used to people be confused or startled by her having one. Einarr had been one as well and so she didn’t mind the looks that she got for Albus. The young pup's name was Leilah and Ayasha's grin grew wider. "My name is Ayasha, little one. How long have you been here?" She kept her voice gentle and soft. She knew quite a bit about pups from being a mother. She wanted to know about the pup's parents but wasn’t sure how to ask one so young about that.

She was amused when the little girl circled around her and Albus, Albus twisting his head around comically to watch the young one. At her question about killing the owl, Ayasha's eyes got wide and the owl gave a squawk. She quickly shook her head. "No. He's my friend. You wouldn't want me to kill your friend for fun would you?" Her tone was firm but not cruel. She had an idea. "Would you like him to sit on your back? His name is Albus and he's mostly OK with other canines. He'll be good with you when I let him know to be nice to you." He gave her an incredulous look at being offered to the thing that wanted to murder him. But she mostly ignored his look, focusing instead on Leilah.
[html]

It wasn't as lovely as yours, either! 600+ words. 5 points

"Not very long," She said, responding to the woman's question. "I had to go 'acuz I didn't follow the rules. They said:

'See no evil,

hear no evil,

speak no evil.'

But I did" She let out a light, low whine on her last word before looking down at the grass near her front paws. She lifted her paw, then placed it down firmly on a patch of dirt close by. When she moved it again, she could see the light mark left behind in the dirt. After watching the owl for a few minutes, she was convinced it wasn't going anywhere. At least not now. She trotted over to the horse, snorting at it just as she had heard it do earlier. She was not sure exactly what that noise meant, but it was the easiest to mimic. He had made one earlier that sounded like a word she had heard once before.. "What was it?" She traveled back through time in her mind, sorting through memories and searching for the correct one. In time she would be able to remember less and less about her pack. And sooner or later, she may even forget that she was ever part of one before AT. The older she grew, the less accessible her memories of pup hood would become. Of course, at this point in time, she didn't know that. She couldn't picture herself growing up-- Or ever using any other forms. Never once had she pondered whether she would use a bow, or take things down in her halfling mode. These things, at this point, were not important to her. Sh almost made a sound of realization out loud when she remembered where she had heard the word. "Yay or nay!" After a member of her pack had offered an idea, one that she could not recall right now, he had said that after. It seemed the dogs that agreed with the thought would reply with 'Yay' and those who disagreed would say 'Nay'. The chances of the horse using his noise in the same way was far fetched-- But she was still amused that it could make a sound similar to a word that canines used.

Her answer to Le's request had caught her off guard. She knew it was about a 50/50 percent chance of her saying yes, but the question that followed her reply was confusing. Would she let someone kill a friend for fun? If it was fun for both of them? Her to watch, and them to do? This thought invoked various feelings from within her. When one of the elders would lick and clean her who she didn't like very much, mother said that she still had to be nice to them; for they had been good to the pack for many years. Were they friends? What exactly were friends? She had certain people that she had to put up with for specific reasons, such as having to tolerate their presence within the pack. And then there were also those whose company she enjoyed-- Like Malakai. Was that a friend? Would she kill him if she thought it would be fun in the spur of the moment? "No.. I may kill them for fun, though." It was brutal honestly. Untouched by the need to hold to some type of morality, and falling within what was considered socially taboo. It was fine to think these things, but to say them out loud? That was dangerous. "Okay!" Chirped the small dog, excited by the thought of having one of these feathered creatures so close to her. The subject change had been swift and sudden-- In an instant she seemed to have gone from dark, to just another curious puppy.

<style>
.gal01.ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gal01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gal01 b {color: #CAB802; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.gal01 {background-color: #EAE8D4; border:5px solid #000000; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color: #000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify;}
.gal01-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #91A90A; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]