NEWS/URGENT -- Impending Board Move
@Scotty: Yep! All PMs, threads, notes, posts, etc. will remain. C8
Aly is right! Smile All things on the current board will be preserved, so nothing is being lost whatsoever! You will be able to view old threads, edit profiles, etc; the only difference will be that you will not be able to post any new posts. ^^
One small question, when is the latest that we can keep posting on here? Can we go right up to the deadline of the move or would you advise us to start tapering off our posting on here during the week?
You can keep posting until we've got the new board ready, which is ideally before the deadline, but we'll see. Whether you choose to post right up until the move, or wait, is entirely up to you.
Okay, update/clarification!

We've gotten a lot of questions about reposting stuff/post counts and how count-dependent requests are going to be handled, and we have now decided that only new posts are to be made on the new board, so as to avoid any posts being counted twice.

This means that threads that are unfinished at the time of the move should be continued on the new board with a link to the original thread on the old/archived board.

For example, Wolf and Coyote have a thread on and old board and it is not finished yet. It is Coyote's turn. Coyote will post his reply as a new thread on the new board and at the beginning of the post will be a link to the original thread on the old board. This way, no posts are mirrored, no posts are counted twice, but there is still something connecting the original and new threads, as inelegant as it might be.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience, but thanks for your cooperation and understanding!
Okay doke! Big Grin

Just for a bit of clarification? For character requests- will we be completely starting over with these as well? Or would it be possible to take into account old-board counts and new-board ones as well? For example; I plan on requesting a fourth on November 25th, which means my six week count started October 14th. As we'll be moving, will I have to start my six week count again, or can the two weeks already counted on the old-board be accepted?

-fingerscrossedpleasepleaseplease-
We'll still be able to check your posts on the old board, so we can combine posts/activity from old and new boards both. Smile
<33 LYGUIZZ!

haha, thank you for clearing that up! Big Grin
Why is Sarai a dead joiner? Or is that a thing for the board move? xD; -is in her stupid period-
Dead joiner simply refers to our archival process. :3 Sarai is still titled and still an active character.
QUOTE ('Souls Assemblage @ Oct 23 2012, 07:02 AM)
Okay, update/clarification!

We've gotten a lot of questions about reposting stuff/post counts and how count-dependent requests are going to be handled, and we have now decided that only new posts are to be made on the new board, so as to avoid any posts being counted twice.

This means that threads that are unfinished at the time of the move should be continued on the new board with a link to the original thread on the old/archived board.

For example, Wolf and Coyote have a thread on and old board and it is not finished yet. It is Coyote's turn. Coyote will post his reply as a new thread on the new board and at the beginning of the post will be a link to the original thread on the old board. This way, no posts are mirrored, no posts are counted twice, but there is still something connecting the original and new threads, as inelegant as it might be.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience, but thanks for your cooperation and understanding! [/quote]
Just wanting to clarify some things. From now on, we shouldn't make any IC posts until the new board is set up? And we can just link to the old thread on the new new board?

Also, will there be a thread to ask about features that we would like or at least a list of features you guys are planning on using? (totally wants subaccounts with an OOC account Big Grin)
QUOTE (Ayasha @ Oct 23 2012, 02:32 PM)
Just wanting to clarify some things. From now on, we shouldn't make any IC posts until the new board is set up? And we can just link to the old thread on the new new board? [/quote]
It's your decision whether or not to keep posting up until the actual board change. When this board gets archived is the only time you wouldn't be able to post. ^^ For instance, I'm gonna try to keep replying to threads when I find the time since there's no point in not. :O

And yes, you just link to the old thread from the new board. Posts would be like this:

QUOTE (OLD BOARD)
Wolf posts.

Coyote replies.

Wolf replies.[/quote]

aaand

QUOTE (NEW BOARD)
Wolf replies with a link to OLD BOARD THREAD in the post.

Coyote replies.

Et cetera![/quote]
QUOTE (Vesper @ Oct 23 2012, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (Ayasha @ Oct 23 2012, 02:32 PM)
Just wanting to clarify some things. From now on, we shouldn't make any IC posts until the new board is set up? And we can just link to the old thread on the new new board? [/quote]
It's your decision whether or not to keep posting up until the actual board change. When this board gets archived is the only time you wouldn't be able to post. ^^ For instance, I'm gonna try to keep replying to threads when I find the time since there's no point in not. :O

And yes, you just link to the old thread from the new board. Posts would be like this:

QUOTE (OLD BOARD)
Wolf posts.

Coyote replies.

Wolf replies.[/quote]

aaand

QUOTE (NEW BOARD)
Wolf replies with a link to OLD BOARD THREAD in the post.

Coyote replies.

Et cetera![/quote] [/quote]
Raze is right on the first part - however, rather than wolf replying, coyote would reply with a link to the old thread at the top, since it's his turn to reply. ^^ So;

Quote:Wolf replies

Coyote replies

Wolf replies

Quote:Coyote makes new topic in the new board and puts a link to the old thread at top, and includes his reply to Wolf

Wolf replies

Coyote Replies

etc.

^^"
So its up to us if we want do posting now or pause and wait? OK Big Grin
That is the gist c:
;__; Argh that's what I meant but I didn't look to see whose turn it was to reply. *cries in shame*
I have seen many people writing out their post logs in their wiki, I have a question on.... will the link address to the topics be the same when the new board comes or will it be overwritten since it's going to be on the same site?
The wiki code [[SoulsThread:#]] automatically links to whatever thread the numbers come from, even when they are archived. I believe someone mentioned this, but whenever the new board is made, the code for threads coming from that site would be something entirely different, like maybe something like [[NewSoulsThread:#]] or something along those lines. 8D

Edit: Just gonna copy and paste what the SA said in a different thread. xD;
Quote:Updating broken links to the archived board should just be a find/replace job. For example, threads currently at soulsrpg.com/ipb/index.php?viewtopic.php?t=32309 will be moved to something like domain.com/archive/index.php?viewtopic.php?t=32309 so the important part -- the thread number -- will be preserved and you just gotta swap "soulsrpg.com/forum" for "domain.com/archive" or whatever that latter bit ends up being.

There's a good chance we'll be able to auto-update any wiki links that are using the shortcodes we've made, like [[SoulsProfile:7|Text]]. We'd just create a new shortcode for the new board, so idk, like [[NewProfile:7|Text]]. We'll seeeee.
thanks aly! shaw aparently doesn't read everything :X
Quote:Our server will undergo a scheduled upgrade this Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 20:00 (10 PM) EDT.

Not really a huge detail but I just thought I'd point this out. 20:00 is actually 8 pm, 22:00 is 10pm Smile Figured I might as well point that out since people are going to think they have 2 more hours to finish up posts when the board suddenly clicks off xD Hoping everything goes smoothly ^^