bottom of the bottle
DaVinci hadn't really expected to be able to relax around another, atleast more than just being there, but the crimson eyes hybrid had struck some cord that he'd been able to forget most of the fears he'd held when the eyes of the world were upon him. It had just seemed that she'd erased the shame of being who he was atleast for a moment in time. There was still the steady tick tick of the clock in the back of his mind as he worried and wondered just where that wildcat of a sister had disappeared off to again but he knew he could find her again, he'd spent half his lifetime chasing after her.

Haku knew that DaVinci would stick around their packlands until they could figure out what to do with the present issue on hand. He shook his head as doubts began to pass through his mind.. had he been imagining that the small girl's abdomen was blossoming.. he couldn't be sure, after those words had left her lips and he'd realized what it was he'd missed in that frightened scared gaze through the bars of his prison.. maybe he'd just assumed. She was a child, she couldn't be pregant, there was no way.. but that small voice that laughed and taunted him always put in the sour point.. she wasn't really a child anymore... a yearling yes, but not a pup.

He lowered his head to his paws and stared out into the meadow from the enclosed netting of the hammock he'd been resting in. He really didn't know what to do or think.. he almost wished the strange crimson eyed lass was here again to ease the worries and make the world seem lighter.. but it seemed so foolish, it had probably just been the conversation at hand.. nothing more, nothing less.
[html]

She had heard the Aquila's howl throughout the packlands a few days earlier. His presence in Dahlia de Mai probably meant that the exchange had taken place, thankfully enough. Whispers of Firefly's return were everywhere, but for some strange reason, the broken teenager wasn't anywhere to be found. DaVinci, on the other hand, was always around one way or another: her nose picked up his scent often enough. Timitidy was the main obstacle keeping her from seeking the male out. That, and the Circee also figured that he needed some time alone with his sister, wherever she was.

It had been almost a week since their last encounter, and curiosity was slowly getting the best of her. She already had a vague idea of where he was, and it made finding him all that easier. Honey-colored eyes caught sight of the hybrid, and a coy smile promptly appeared on her lips. Lexey was genuinely happy to see her new friend. He would be able to fill her in on a few things pertaining to Firefly, at least she hoped so. Padded paws carried her over to the hammock, where she quietly sat down in front of him. The tawny girl observed him for a good moment, head tilted to the side, before finally uttering an inquiry. "You okay?" The sadness and worry in his eyes hadn't gone unnoticed.

[/html]
DaVinci had been so engrossed in his thoughts that he hadn't even been paying attention to the world around him, the sudden voice that called out made him jerk his head up suddenly as he realized where he was and who it was who was speaking. The words that Alexey had spoken rang in his ears as he shook his head and gave her a weak smile. "I'll live.. just worrying about Firefly.." He knew that the world was use to seeing Firefly as the dark and fearless youth but he'd known her much longer and the frightened rabbit she'd turned into at the exchange wasn't what even he was use to.

His stormy eyes watched the golden girl as she sat there watching him, the space was quiet a moment before he collected himself and in moments was unravelled from the hammock as he dropped to the ground to join her. "How are you Alexey?" he asked as he tried to sooth his ruffled fur.
[html]

A barely audible sigh passed her lips as the hybrid mentioned her younger friend’s name. Deep inside, she’d already known something was wrong. The exchange couldn’t have put an end to her suffering just like that, it was common sense. Alexey was aware that Firefly was mentally scarred for life, thanks to those coyote bastards. However, she had half-expected the girl to be a little happier now that she was back home. But that wasn’t the case. Instead, the adolescent chose to stay away from her pack, as if they were the enemy. Did she hold Dahlia de Mai responsible for what happened?

So many questions, and yet no one was able to provide an answer to them. Alexey couldn’t help but wonder if she was the one Firefly was avoiding. She felt guilty for snapping at her friend the last time they had seen each other. Her gaze met DaVinci’s for a moment, before filling the void between them by sharing her own worries with him. “I think she’s been avoiding me. I can’t find her anywhere.” Her voice was low, almost ashamed.

As the male dropped to the ground and inquired about her well-being, Alexey mirrored his weak smile and offered an evasive answer. “I’m good. What about you? You look like hell,” she joked, attempting to lighten the atmosphere. There was a hint of truth in her statement though. He looked tired and worn out, more sleep certainly wouldn’t hurt.

[/html]
DaVinci watched the girl as she spoke softly, the shame in her voice was so illplaced that he could do nothing but shake his head. "No Alexey.. it's not you she's avoiding." he sighed in frustration and took a step away from the golden hued lass as he growled softly. He really didn't know what in the hell to do about the whole subject and he felt that he owned the girl a real answer atleast.

Pausing for a moment his shoulders drooped as he spoke bitterly. "She's hiding from herself.. and what happened to her." His stormy eyes turned back on the girl before him as he tried to figure out exactly how he felt. Shaking his head he admitted the truth. "Hell, yeah.. that about sums it up." He really didn't want to talk about Firefly right now but the conversation had already been open and he didn't expect it to stop there.

Settling back near the tawny pelted girl he gazed into her golden eyes as he tried to find the right words. Nothing was coming out correctly as his opened his maw. "Alexey... geez.. she's only a child.." he blurted out as a fire that hadn't sparked in his eyes for so long flared up. "She's my kid sister, I should have been here to protect her.." He really didn't know where he was going with it all, he shouldn't have even spoken up agian but what did he expect.. he couldn't keep it all inside anymore.
[html]

A puzzled look settled on Alexey's face as the hybrid took a step back and growled. She watched his every movement, dazed and confused, unable to understand what he was referring to. "Hiding from herself? Why? Wait, what?" His explanation was vague, fueling the Circee's need for information even more. She knew that Firefly had been through a lot while being held captive by Inferni, but something told her that DaVinci was talking about something else. What exactly had they done to her?

Her gaze was drawn to his as he tried to explain everything, but nothing that came out of his mouth seemed to make sense. His naturally stormy-colored eyes changed, becoming fierce and dangerous, and it made Lexey catch her breath. "DaVi?" He looked on the verge of breaking down, and it scared her. She just wanted to hold him and tell him everything would be okay, but how could she? The honey-eyed girl had no idea what was going on. She moved a little closer instead, hesitantly nuzzling his shoulder. "What aren't you telling me?" she asked quietly, wondering if she truly wanted to find out what was bugging him so much.

[/html]
The anger that boiled inside, the storm that he'd held at bay yet had blamed himself for was overflowing now as he tried to explain everything to the bronze pelted lady. He shook his head, knowing that no matter what he said it would all come out wrong and he'd just be stuck in an endless loop of blaming himself and trying to make Alexey understand just what had befallen the young girl. His stormy eyes were extinguished as he closed them and whispered softly. "I should have protected her.. I should have never let her leave.." he would blame himself forever for the deeds committed against the fierce soul that had suddenly seemed to fade to embers, even if he deserved it or not.

The sudden touch of the woman drew him back sharply to reality as he pushed himself away and growled softly. He didn't deserve her touch, he didn't deserve her comfort, not when Firely was so lost and bitter, the result of a sick game she'd had no hand in playing. His deep voice was sharp as he finally spat the truth out. "She was raped, what do you think happened?" he turned his gaze back to Alexey as he rambled. "I should have known something was up when we went to find her... that just wasn't my kid sister.." his shoulders drooped as he gazed out across the meadow with a look of defeat across the planes of his face. There was nothing he could do now and he didn't know if the fact that he hadn't done anything, or if he now couldn't do anything was what hurt the most.
[html]

The stormy-eyed male's reaction came as a shock, causing Alexey to take a step back too. She was speechless, silently wondering if the growl had been directed at her for touching him, or at himself for not being able to protect Firefly. Whichever it was, it hurt. The Circee kept her mouth clamped shut, resembling a mere child getting reprimanded for her stupidity. Rape. What the fuck? Her eyes widened as the word left his maw, and she suddenly felt sick to her belly; as if her internal organs where being churned and broiled.

Lexey just wanted to heave, and she almost did. Those fuckers were going to burn in hell. How could they? Dahlia de Mai had treated Gabriel's kid like royalty. Talitha didn't have a scratch on her body, and yet Inferni had gone ahead and scarred a young girl for life. It wasn't fair. "I-I'm sorry." she murmured, flattening her ears and tucking her fox-like tail in between her hind legs.

[/html]
He just sat there dejected as the shock seemed to take hold of Alexey. He hadn't even thought of how his reaction would affect the girl. He wasn't use to being around others, his two sisters were the closest to friends that he'd had in so long and they'd known his queer habits and emotions so well that it had been like second nature for them to know what to do. His ears were flattened against his skull as he tried to contain his emotions.. he wasn't a gentle soul when it came down to letting his emotions show and he didn't know how to take the tawny girl being there to see him explode so suddenly.

The words she spoke made his shoulders sag, of course she was sorry. He didn't know anyone who wouldn't be sorry to hear the tramatic events that the youth had gone through. He didn't even want to tell her the worst of it.. but with a shake of his head he let the horrible truth out into the open. "She may be pregant.." he replied dully, the emotion completely missing from the brooding male as he let the secret he'd been keeping free. A weight would have lifted from his shoulders if he could have stopped worrying about his sister and just where she was and how she was doing.
[html]

Alexey simply stood there for a moment, agape. Firefly couldn't be pregnant. She was only a child. Shaking her head, the Circee replied with the only question she could think of. "Is she going to keep the puppies?" She doubted he'd know the answer, but it was worth a try. Lexey assumed his sister had given it enough thought by now. Bearing these puppies was both a curse and a blessing at the same time. Granted, they were going to be hybrids, but was that such a bad thing?

Honey-colored eyes examined DaVinci as she thought things through. He was living proof that being a hybrid wasn't all that bad. "Who did it?" she asked, a hint of urgency in her voice. Lexey didn't know if she truly wanted to know who the rapist was, knowing that she'd probably get in a whole lot of trouble if they ever ran into each other. He deserved to be castrated, nothing less.

[/html]
DaVinci just sat there staring at his feet, his emotions were confusing him, all mixed up and jumbled. He felt like a child being scowled for doing something wrong yet he wasn't even at fault for once. Shaking his head as Alexey asked him he replied softly. "She doesnt' want them.." He knew as well as the next that he had no reason to feel bitter for what his sister had said but it still hurt him, having to say the words about a litter of hybrid children unwanted when he himself was the same. He sighed and turned his gaze off towards the woods, trying to keep from meeting Alexey's honey hued eyes.

The words she spoke last made him flick his ears back, a sharp bite of anger piercing his soul as he spat out the truth. "I don't know.. but I'll find him.."] He had no damn clue how in the world he was going to find the male responsible for his sister's state but he would. Finally he turned his stormy eyes back to the woman, the anger still brewing there while he examined her, wondering just what she thoought of his decision.
[html]

Alexey's ears dropped as her friend mentioned his sister's final decision. She couldn't help but feel a little saddened, knowing that Firefly might regret her decision further down the road. Nothing seemed fair anymore. If they didn't find a solution, the two-toned teenager would have to deal with children she did not want. On the other hand, getting rid of the pups was morally wrong. It was murder.

Was there a way to terminate an unwanted pregnancy? The Circee knew next to nothing about medicine, but she sincerely wanted the answer to her question to be "no". She could only hope that no healer out there would agree to murder unborn puppies. Of course, she kept those thoughts to herself. Now wasn't the time to discuss such things with DaVinci. "Listen, if she doesn't want them," she paused, silently wondering why the hell she was making such an offer. "I'll take care of them."

Lexey nodded in agreement as the hybrid spoke once again, sharing the anger flaring up inside of him. Her gaze locked with his for a moment, and she added the following statement. "Let me know if you need any help once you do find him." The tawny femme would have no problem making the bastard pay for his actions.

[/html]
DaVinci's mind had been filled with his own little thoughts but when Alexey had spoken those words about his sister's upcoming litter and her own wishes DaVinci snapped back without even thinking. "Why would you want to do that?" He could feel his heckles rise slightly, "They're not even yours.. just that of a filthy rapist.." Perhaps it was the anger that another litter just like himself was the discussion but he couldn't stop the angry words from flowing. "Who's to say they're not going to turn into monsters like their father.." Shaking his head he turned away from Alexey. "She doesn't want them.. I'm not going to make her keep them. I won't lose her." DaVinci could be kind and tender, but he was just a selfish as the next at times.. and he wouldn't sacrafice Firefly's carefree spirit for a broad of halfbreds that would probably turn out just like he'd been as a child.

DaVinci took a step away from the tawny female as he shook his head at her offer. "No, I'll take care of this.. I would have done the same for my mother if given the chance.." As much as the hybrid child disliked his mother he hated the beast that had been his father more. IF Laruku hadn't been the one to kill the male he knew he would have done the deed himself. The bastard had deserved more than the kindness that Laruku had given him in death. If given the chance DaVinci wouldn't be so kind to Firefly's tormenter.