soft revolution
[html]
http://i33.tinypic.com/8x651g.jpg); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;">
     The tides had turned so suddenly and dramatically that the frivolous, flitting D'Angelo girl hadn't had time to scout out the different landscape until the last day or two. Long, languid days of mirrors, wine and solitude had morphed into fish and frets, with friends (nearly family) health bubbling down a drain. Her head and hands had been almost entirely occupied with stopping up that hole, fumbling and clumsy as her attempts might have felt, it was not something she could stop trying. Unmoving loyalty was a trait that her mother had kept all to herself genetically, leaving Poe with little intent for such things, but the bond that she and Ahren had woven over time had encompassed her these past weeks.

But she found herself on the shoreline, her bounty tended and turned over into a drawstring sack to her side, seemingly ready to go without her, by the slow squirm it made. But her feet were planted in the thick grass before the stoney shore, overlooking the ragged coastline. Rain clouds loomed over the ocean, over the otherworlds beyond it, and her thoughts reached out for it. If only allowed for a minute or two, her eyes closed and face to the wind, she saw the difference in her life in this newly turned tide.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

I apologize for the ridiculous delay on this. -fails-

Judging by the density of steel-hued clouds on the horizon, it would rain again tonight. Festivity sighed a little at the thought as she wandered aimlessly on a randomly-selected trail. Rainy days were well and fine by her, but there had been an awfully lot of them lately. A change would be nice - she was tired of having to dry out her cloak every night by the fireside. The water also made Valrian cranky, which was why Festivity had left him sulking at her library-side campsite. The finicky myna had told her quite clearly that if she wanted to get caught out in the rain exploring, go ahead and by all means but he was staying right here thank you very much. At this point, she'd left without further comment.

That was several hours previously. Now, she was several miles from the campsite, wandering on a seaside trail. Festivity was a restless creature by nature and had days - like today - when the only thing that would satisfy was a new trail beneath her feet and fresh winds on the breeze. Thoughts churned over in her mind, restlessly one after another and quite detracting from the natural beauty around her. Memories met thoughts halfway to revealed faces dearly missed or decidedly detested; an amalgam of which had been what brought her here, in the first place.

She would discover herself not alone on the windswept seashore, nor perhaps, solitary in entertaining melancholy thoughts. Perhaps the dark luperci she met would have preferred the silence of her thoughts be unbroken but Festivity was a social creature by nature and never turned down meeting a new face. Besides, the squirming bag intrigued her. "Looks like we're in for another storm, doesn't it?" Her voice was rich in tonality and by her diction it was apparent that English was not the luperci's native tongue, although the grammar spoke of careful study and moons of unending practice.

[/html]
[html]
http://i33.tinypic.com/8x651g.jpg); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;">
I am much more ridiculous than thee!
     Her head tilted, followed by both ears in a mildly surprised sweep that eventually lifted her eyelids and a smile. The salty breeze in her face had erased any suggestion that company had come about, stealing her senses and train of thought in the moments leading the exotic hybrid to that little corner of the world. Immediately, it was made very clear that the wolf was anything but bothered by the interruption of solitude. Her eyes rounded and smile bloomed with the a childish sort of glee as if Festivity were an old friend. Which was a slightly racist reaction when it comes down to it, but that hardly registered in the small wolf's head. No, right then it seemed like her imagination had taken form (which admittedly, wouldn't exactly be a first) and flight, right across the rolling ocean waves and to her side. Africa! was all her mind could really produce for a couple of seconds, which translated into a brief and quiet giggle. Mature.

"Ohh, yes," she said excitably, cutting off her own giggle and looking out at the sky again. But her attention almost immediately swung back to the jackal-dog, openly taking in her wide ears, her contrasting markings and dark eyes. She was lovely, utterly enchanting to the monochrome luperci. Poe had taken on a distinct vanity when it came to human clothes, in great part due to her journey to Africa and Europe. Even now with her chores on the shoreline, she wore a flower-printed sundress and colourful ribbons, some feeble attempt to live up to the brilliance she had seen there. "Uh, yes, lots of storms these days. Stormy summer," she said, and without pause continued, "So, Africa. I mean, I've never seen someone from Africa over here before. Which is a shame, but awesome now that I have. When did you come?" her head tilted again, this time much more dramatically and inquisitively. No conversation was worth dilly-dallying on small talk to Poe. Far too many wonderful things to discuss. Especially when to came to Africa.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
the delays are not for lack of interest, I swear D: faillife is fail

Festivity found the other girl's giggle a powerful force for driving away the cloud of personal baggage overhead. Melancholy was not a natural state for her, and she felt her mood lift with a carefree smile. "Well this is a surprise greeting," she commented with a laugh. "A pleasant one, mind - I've been getting weary of stares and awkward questions." The people and places that represented home might now cast shadows on her everyday state of mind, but they were still the characters and locations of her youth; subject always to a special soft corner of her heart.

"I haven't been here long," she responded. Festivity had been on the North American continent for only a few months, but in the 'souls area specifically a shorter time still. "My name's Festivity," she offered an introduction before continuing "I assume you are not from here then, if you know something of foreign places?" Well, her comment was more in reference to the sun dress than to anything else. Festivity had met other travelers here already, but none that embraced the two-footed lifestyle so completely.

[/html]