just exceptionally good at small-talk, baby.
[html]
___________________________ THREAD COUNT _____
LAST UPDATE - 7:05 PM 12/17/2007
# [ 001 ] rise up from the dirt. j.
With Conri Church. Set on June 18. Luz, fresh from the European coastline, stands at a crossroads of choice. Fortunately the decision is made without her input; a breeze blows away one of her star maps, and the chase brings her to the Clouded Tears. There she meets Conri. Besides the usual interview, they briefly discuss birthplaces; she departs their meeting with a liking for the hybrid.

# [ 002 ] tangled u[p] in blue!
With Zaets Russo. Set on June 21. Luz awakens early, and being the beast of caprice that she is, decides a walk on the mountain-side is exactly what she needs. On her way, gasp, she falls! Zaets to the rescue!

# [ 003 ] mexican [p]illbox hat
With Hybrid Holocaust. Set on June 28. Feeling lonesome, Luz trudges up to Mount Alusia to make some awed sounds at the sunrise. As she arrives, she notices something quite unexpected: a coyote’s bones, littered about the space between her and the Inferni border. She examines a skull, as of yet unaware that she is ‘too close for comfort’ to dog country. Consider the lesson learned.

# [ 004 ] trading clothes and ringing [p]avlov's bell
With Gibraltar. Set on June 24. With intentions of solitude, the astronomer puts to good use a firepit, a box of matches, and a wine-bottle. No such luck, I'm afraid.

# [ 005 ] [p]repare your telescope!
With Adrian. Set on June 26. Among the boughs of what may one day soon become her permanent home among the fog and grandfather oaks of Clouded Tears, Luz lounges, drawing as much absent-minded delight from a songbird's leg-bone as from sensorial digestion. She's happened on by a fresh packmate; a lick of conversation ensues and comes to naught.

# [ 006 ] those bold city girls » p
With Hisano Rahim. Set on June 27. Feeling, initially, religious, Luz seeks out the park. It feels good and old and dead to her, safe to make her sort of prayers to gods she doesn't wholly believe in. Her mood shifts; she begins wandering among the shadowy figures of the park. A moonless night makes some difficulty for navigation. She meets a strapping young lad, and exits with an opinion of him slanted towards 'like.'

# [ 007 ] it seems the stranger is always you.
With Tsia Zyz'nara. An evening meander among the bonefire's tunnels and olfactory overdrive, what what?

# [ 008 ] night-timing, baby.
With Rurik Russo. Set on June 25. In a quirky sort of mood (my favorite sort of feeling), Luz ventures to the city. With alcohol! Add a tea-spoon of forlorn graveyard, two-cups of sexy Russian pirate, and a dash of peppermint. Mix well. Big Grin

# [ 009 ] midnight radio.
With Laruku Tears. Set on June 19. Luz, initially lounging by the riverside, gets a life-lasting taste of her new Alpha.

# [ 010 ] A Hexed Life.
With Hex. Set on June 28th. Luz stumbles along with none of her usual swagger, having only recently escaped the fight of her life.

# [ 011 ] little plastic castles.
With Poe D'Angelo. Set on August 1st. Brimming with memories, recollections, and other unwanted stuffs of the head, Luz stumbles across an old friend, if that term might stretch enough to describe the myriad sensations Poe evoked in Luz. She exits with teeming thoughts and an opal necklace.

# [ 012 ] blinking lights, j.
With aboslutely no-one. Set on November 21st. Four-days fresh from a birthday, Luz Cresceno makes her third and likely finale debut at Clouded Tears, heavy-hearted and yet unchanged (or concealing any alterations skillfully enough).

# [ 013 ] stoneface.
With Skoll. Set on November 22nd. Luz makes a trek into this particular apltly-named neck of the woods, and sets to astronomizing. But moments into her work, some synapse flashes and recollects that five days ago she had her fifth birthday; great thought, and perhaps an interruption, ensues.

x [ 014 ] the black magic show.
With Misery D'Angelo. Set on November 24th. Familiar scenery for crime-scene investigations: misty walk-way, alleged hauntings, an ungodly hour. Though such details bristle with the promise of excitement, of supra-usual happenings, they deliver zilch, nada, nothing. Yet perhaps the portents were not entirely incorrect.

x [ 015 ] salute my shorts!
With Samson Adonis. Set on November 25th. Urged by whim, as always, the astronomer slides into the lake, blue bottle in hand. She espies a shadow on the other portion of the island, and greets him warmly enough, somewhat pleased at the prospect of a drinking partner. (It lends a sense of, how do you say, 'social drinking,' rather than solitary inebriation's straight-up alcoholism.)

x [ 016 ] reminiscing this and that.
With Laruku Tears. Set on December 2nd. Spying a somewhat familiar beast on the bridge, the astronomer nears, encouraged by conversationalist elements rather than any need to comfort the down-trodden. It seems, however, the memory is not mutual.

# [ 017 ] disappearing theme.
With Poe D'Angelo. Set on December 4th. A second meeting of minds between the darkling girl (with a penchant for piracy) and the astronomer not yet courageous enough to tell her that she loves her. Both of wandering persuasions. After a few lines of dialogue amid distracting hands, Luz Cresceno asks for that evening and nothing more, and in the end, receives exactly what she deserves: a morning-after all alone, and presumably, a lifetime.

x [ 018 ] there is comfort in my dark seat.
With Lith Ia. Set on December 5th. Another astronomer, likewise of a certain hoary palette? DUN DUN DUN.

x [ 019 ] renaissance women.
With Fatin Kali. Set on December 17th. Having heard of the Healer's talents, Luz Cresceno hikes towards that particularly wooded territory for a conversation, and with much luck, a bartering between trades.

x [ 020 ] ah, cold comforts.
With Maria Agapito. Set on December 18th. Luz, cooling her heels in her den and lolling about a winter's day, gets an unexpected (yet not unwelcome) visitor. To her chagrin, she encounters more than a language barrier.

x [ 021 ] then comes dudley.
With Kansas Sadira.. Set on January 4th. Nostalgia strikes again. Abandoning hearth and home at the beckon of an impulse she doesn't entirely understand, Luz makes her way to Storm's borders. She's greeted with a splash! (Oy vey.)

KEY
x - replied
o - waiting
# - archived
_____________________________ NOTABLES _________
Inspiration Level - 100/100
Why? - This is as good as it gets.
Threads - 6/5
Thread Requests? - Oh, I probably wouldn't be able to resist, but I really shouldn't. (Meaning, if you ask, I will still say yes. Damnit. XD)
Plots? - Everything is up in the air. I think Luz is very plottable, and if you're interested, just give a gander to her profile for possible hooks. Romance, encounters sexual and otherwise, and simple friendships would be embraced thoroughly. (Rivalries and hatreds also, of course!) A secondary note, I'd like to have Luz pierce either nose or ear. Help me there and I'll adore you!
In the Works - Varous threads, Samson plot.

____________________________ SOPHIE_____________
Sex? - Yes, please. (That's right. I went there.)
Mate? - I am a lonely tumbleweed. D:
Location - College of Wooster
Personality - I'm friendly and light-hearted. Random messages are my nectar!
Currently - A bit down, prone to lots of mega-highs and ultra-lows right now. Determined.

AIM - Never Had Paris
MSN - exwithastripminer@gmail.com">sexwithastripminer@gmail.com
EMail - windmillwarrior@gmail.com
[/html]
[html]
_____________________________ LUZ CRESCENO _____
A wolf-woman, a devotee to sensorial wonder, an astronomer, an addict of small villainies, a love-lorn homosexual best suited to starlight trysts, a predator, a mother, a slave to small indulgences of spirit and flesh, a moral-barren beast, a silver-shaded thing that pocks Clouded Tears’s more idyllic evenings with hedonist laughter. These things are twined in every step she takes; they are pooled in both irises as scintilla and thought-spark. She is subject to the warp-speed twists of caprice. Her faults are numerous; her strengths are far fewer and less apparent to unloving eyes. Although prone to pretty turns of speech, she herself scoffs at the starlight fancies of poetry, as well as lovers’ sea-like yearning and the lineless faces of children.

Eyes - Low-lidded and secretive, the color of hard amethyst. Variances are caused by the flux of emotion.
Laughter - Soft, low, chuckling rather than a bark or bray of amusement. Often of questionable cause, but most seem to stem from circumstances rather than direct statements.
Facial Features - Symmetrical and pleasing to the right pair of eyes. Androgynous, with sharp angles tempered by feminine softness. It waxes endearing with time.
Figure - Willowy, with a smooth transition of proportions rather than the radically dainty ankles and plump thighs of curvier creatures.
Hide Colors - A shoal of silvers, a chaos of monochrome colors with flashes of white and dreary brown and more furtive black streaks hewn in among the riot. By day it is drab and unseemly; night adds an as of yet unidentified polish, a sort of shadowy loveliness.
Hands - Long-fingered and capable of moments with near inhuman dexterity.
Scent - Not readily identifiable. At first it is only the vaguest of musks, accompanied by a not-unpleasant sourness and traces of rosemary and thyme. Close proximity reveals the dominant scent to be the lulling odor of lavender.
History - Sordid, unsorted, unspoken except for fits of wine-watered conversation. It involves a tribe of superstitious wolves, the daughter of healer and astronomer, and an ill-advised mateship that results in a infant being deserted by his mother.
Skills - Minor herbal familiarity, mostly related to the olfactory impacts of selected plant specimens, but also owns a modicum of healing knowledge. Her talents lie mostly with astronomy, being both familiar with the legends and a more scientific education regarding navigation and precise timing.

An exquisite rendition by India may be found here. Thanks again, Lacopra!

___________________________ HER POSSESSIONS _____
Opal Necklace - Everything one might expect. It is a sparkly bit of nothing hung on a slim silver chain; it fits in such a way that the gemstone nestles between her breasts, a subtle reminder to the astronomer and to anyone with a wandering stare. From the coffers of pearls and silk and sumptuous things aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, it was thieved, though that is not the cause of the memory it carries.
Astronomical Instruments - Decades older than the astronomer herself, and yet kept in tip-top shape. The nearly entirely brass set includes several varieties of telescope, a sextent, a sizeable compass collection. Her arrangement of star-maps is mostly inherited from her father, the remainder having been stolen from a very miffed sect of Italian werewolves. They are exquisitely cared for; each is bound by a silk ribbon whose color denotes the particular stretch of sky the scroll describes, and worth well above another's life to Luz Cresceno.

_______________________________ HER DEN _________
Diagram: Tada!
Luz Cresceno is not its first occupant; in good sooth, most of the comforts she enjoys within it are a result of another’s handiwork. Nestled in the Haunted Hills of the Pack of White Supremacy, there exists a knoll (rampant with weeds and skirted by thorn brush) from which sprouts a great, towering oak. A small entranceway – made smaller by the eternal drying herbs hanging above it, tied on root-tips by fraying twine – approximately a foot above bottom of the knoll leads into the sole room of her home. There is a dropoff; to combat the risk of injury due to careless entry, a heap of eiderdown pillows on a singed oriental carpet have been placed for visitor’s convenience.

To the far left lies the bed of Luz Cresceno: little more than a helter-skelter collection of blankets, almost an afterthought. To the right lies everything else that she possesses – the small array of books blockaded by granite book-ends, the far greater compendium of wine bottles, the haphazard stacks of star-scrolls – on a variety of makeshift shelves carved into the right wall of her home. Much like the entrance, the root-straggles hanging from the ceiling have been adorned with drying herbs; the unusually tall cannot take a stride without being batted in the face by a daisy-cluster. The wall directly opposite the entrance has no decoration at all, save a dagger tied to root-stub protruding directly out of the wall itself. A hole-ridden basket below this light threat contains all the human adornments that Luz Cresceno, on blue moons and other nights of untold fancy, sometimes dons. Small claves have been carved all about the room by the previous occupant for the placement of candles, the vast majority of which remain empty.

There is little transition from one end to another, although the room does grow rapidly shorter towards the back (away from the doorway), and it does not occupy the whole of the knoll. Exiting is tricky. It involves either a lunge followed immediately by a small drop off to the bottom of the knoll, or the trust in small footholds directly bellow the entranceway specifically intended for the purpose for a slightly more gainly departure.

__________________________ FRIEND & FOE _________
Friends - Few, and far between. The greatest among them would probably be considered Poe D'Angelo, but that particular creature is many things to Luz and a recent betrayal leaves the name with a bitter aftertaste. Among those whose company has so far been proven pleasurable include: Rio, the sassy bohemien that the astronomer flirted with in her European excursion; Laruku Tears, whose lone conversation left the she-dog with a distinct sense of like; and Zaets Russo, who healed her after an ungainly moment. More currently, there's been a budding friendship betwixt her and the warrior-wolf, Skoll, who she regards with equal parts curiosity and amicability.
Foes - Ah, this category is reserved for but one beast only: Hybrid Holocaust, who inflicted injury without any apparent provocation. So far they've had only one meeting, but surely the gyre of circumstance will inspire a second. She suspects her son, if they do cross paths again, may make himself a comfortable place here; yet so far, fate has proven close-mouthed on that count.
[/html]
[html]
_______________________ CHARACTER PLAYLIST _____
Female leads whose voices ride on a subtle build of intensity, lyrics of a decidedly more poetic persuasion, cymbals rather than the slap and crash of other perscussion: this is what inspires Luz Cresceno inside me. I myself am slave to the grit of garage-rock, with drums like an ass-backwards avalanche of sound and adolescent frontmen here to tell me all about their woes (in three stanzas or less), but she is not. There is always a sort of sadness and anger to her music, unless it’s sonic sensuality. Adjectives always fall short for me. I can attempt to describe my characters personality, but music does it so much better for me. This tidy little list, this handful of ballads? This is what Luz feels like.

1. Just Like Friends, by Shimura Curves
You're just exceptionally bad at saying when.
2. Superball, by Helium
My mouth is full of sand, everything I say ends with 'and'.
3. All Hail Me, by Veruca Salt
So sorry, mister, but don't look now. I got your sister, I shot her down.
4. Who The Fuck?, by PJ Harvey
I'm not like other girls, you can't straighten my curls.
5. We Will Vacation, You Can Be My Parasol, by Be Your Own Pet
What aggravates you will be my demand.
6. Ooh La La, by Goldfrapp
Oh child of Venus, you're just made for love.
7. I Get Around, by Dragonette
Here I come when I better go. I say yes when I ought to say no.
8. Teenage Lust, by the Jesus & Mary Chain
Well she's been told about sins now, but it feels fine.
9. YFLMD, by Giant Drag
And if we kiss here, my word dear, you and your gun.
10. Staple Gun, by Ladyfuzz
And if I tell everyone that I'm so strong?
11. Evil, by Interpol
Tell them now your pleasure's set on slow release.
12. Lydia, by the Butchies
Close encounter's the first risk. Psychic goes physical, break it down.
13. I Want To Love You In My Room, by Irving
You have such a pretty face; maybe tomorrow you'll clear out the space.
14. Those Bold City Girls!, by the Shins
What's it take to bend the lens?
15. I Am My Father's Daughter, by Juliette and the Licks
When is it the right time to never do what you're told?

Of course, being a rather auditory person, there are songs that remind me of other’s creations. These are also very nice for delineating how my character feels about another. Please, bear in mind, I can only get vague impressions – and even then, only after extensive threading. I hope my choice of song (or genre, or artist, or what have you) doesn’t offend. This list will be cautious and short.

Poe D'Angelo: AM 180, by Grandaddy
And if you come down, we'll go to town, I haven't been there in years.
The tone is intentionally childish, as the song is one of friendship’s tender-hearted naivete. I love it. This song has very personal meaning to me, and it’s happily applied here. There’s a shrug to the lyrics, a ring of complete certainty around the phrase ‘or whatever, together.’ It’s a song not only of trust and delight in another’s company, but mutual awe, without breaching romantic parameters. Lovely.

_____________________________ TABLE STUFFS _____
I do all of my own stuff, only because I’m always too bashful to ask anyone else to. I try not to use brushes, textures, anything I don’t make myself, although I can’t take credit for the photographs I mash up. Everything is done in Paint Shop Pro 7 and compressed into glorious JPEG format for you, here. Click on the little square to see the whole table with the standard Lorem Ipsum text.

TABLE ONE POINT OH: t3h purple one
Table one was a lavender affair that began life as a picture depicting my bloom of choice: the gaudy sunflower. I trashed it, of course, with pallette play, color adjustments, and the unceremonious abuse of the blur function. The heart in her signature is one of the preset shapes that comes with PSP7; I just toyed with erasing to make it a syntax error'd one. Her name is in [ank]* font. The lovely gray coyote used as her avatar was stumbled on in Google Images, as was the field of sunflowers. Unfortunately I found them so long ago I can’t even remember who to credit. It's one of my favorite layouts. Simple, the right mood, not a whit of lyrics but a whole dollop of whimsy. (Er, or so I like to think.)

TABLE TWO POINT OH: lady and vial
Aah, this is a bit more risque. I never saw any souls layouts depicting humans before, but I was struck enough by how the illustration of the woman and the vial made me think of my character that I decided to use her in it against my misgivings. The drawing, sadly, is not mine. She’s property of Zak Smith, and part of a collection of images meant to illustrate Gravity’s Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon. Beyond her and the coyote in my character’s avatar, it’s all Sophie. Again, the avatar was located through the love of my life, fire of my loins: Google Images. The font used is Courier New Baltic. Although I'd love to claim both the lone line of lyrics in the table and the adage in the signature, I can't. The former is extraced from Virginia Black, by Knock Knock Ginger. As to the latter, I have no idea where it's from, but I have a feeling I heard it somewhere else. I like grayscale layouts best; I turned back to a classic look, with some HTML tomfoolery, for my second Luz table. It’s best viewed in the Another Castle layout.

TABLE THREE POINT OH: er, moody gray much
Take one Le Soleil in Teh Sky-shot, dick with color reduction, add a dash of text and fashion matching avatar by thorough use of grey-scale and color retouch, and there she is. The avatar is Luz to the nth power; the table is one of my pooerer (yes, the double-er is/was totally intentional, haha) attempts. Everything is from Alamy.com. I don't dig the lyriclessness and dire lack of coding flair, but I'm on a simplicity kick lately.
[/html]