Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Aquilina drew a breath, she rolled over on her back. Her old life had been on her mind recently. She missed everyone, her mother and siblings, even the wolves she had met on her way here. Estella hadn't even bothered with her lately, and she was really happy about that. She tried to imagine life without Estella, and so far, it looked good. But then again, the only reason why Aquilina had guts to talk to other wolves, meet everyone, was because Estella took over when Aquilina became a quiet girl. She needed someone, that wasn't right out of her imagination. A friend, maybe someone more, she always thought about being a mother, she always wanted puppies. They were so cute, running around, and looking like adorable fluff balls.

Suprisingly, today Aquilina wasn't in her anthro form. She thought that she needed to act like a normal coyote for a while, hang out by the river and hope all goes well. She didn't realize until now how lonely it got without family. Why did Estella have to ruin everything, everything she worked so hard for. All Estella had to do was be a stupid different personality of Aquilina and she goes and tries to seduce Amelius. Aqui thought about what Cosmina was doing right now. Did she miss Aquilina at all? Or was she as happy as everyone else that the 'crazy' sister was gone?

Aquilina closed her eyes, the birds chirped and the sound was fantastically smoothing. The rush of the river, the sound of the water made her feel relaxed.
[html]

as ever, smooth silence guided his actions as he ventured away from the Pack of White Supremacy, carefully avoiding pack borders as he followed along the river yawrah. it was peaceful, if not oppressing. the Loony Luna was pleasant along the ridges of his back as he casually trotted forward, untransformed. he considered his options. his life was quite the dull one… he had yet to make any strong bonds or do anything spectacular. samson didn’t even have a den yet—he was planning to pick one out eventually, set up a studio in it and such, maybe even work with some sculpture with the clay he found by the riverbanks. but for now he had taken to sleeping wherever he fell, usually in the forest.

he smelled something up ahead. a dog, it seemed. the were hadn’t been a part of ‘souls long enough to know the tales of the Land of Wuffluvers, so rather than ignore it, he curiously followed it. something about the scent seemed familiar, too. the culprit he discovered was a female dog, lying down on her back. he squinted; she looked familiar, smelled familiar, but he couldn’t know who she was. the hybrid flicked through his memories, trying to rethink of every dog he had ever met. he hadn’t met many, but considering his mother was over-half-yote, he had met a few.

her name, was a something. he frowned. ’er, hello,’ samson hesitantly spoke, clearing his throat. then he laid down next to her, on his belly like a sphinx, wondering if she would be able to piece together his memory puzzle. that is, if they could communicate.

[/html]
[html]
Aquilina heard foot steps, then she heard someone lay down beside her. She rolled back over onto her stomach, just then she smelt the scent of someone she had been longing to see forever. Aqui smirked, "Well well well, a face that I haven't seen, it almost feels like ages. Samson Adonis." She stared at him for a long hard minute, wow, he didn't change at all really. Honestly, the last time she seen him, was... almost when she was a puppy. She remembered her mother introducing Samson to her for the first time, because one of Aqui's aunts were good friends with his mother. How long ago that had been.

Quickly, throwing her thoughts out the window she looked at him, obviously he didn't recognize her. "You probably don't quite remember do you..." she paused before he didn't answer and she continued, "Aquilina Despoena." she made a 'tisk-tisk' noise. "Wow, you have a terrible memory my friend." she giggled and got up to stretch. "So, what are you doing around here?"

Aquilina realized that he may have been younger than her, but when they grew up together, he sure didn't act like it. She remembered their little childish romance they once had. She loved going to the meadow with him, even at night to star gaze. But she hadn't seen him since a few months ago, a few months before everything started to tumble down. She wondered if he realized that she was crazy.
[/html]
[html]
the frown lifted slightly as she began to speak, and he leaned forward, grateful for the proximity. he couldn’t make out everything she was saying, but he heard his name, so she must know him as well. he smiled, sheepishly, intently trying to catch her name. aqui was all his caught, but that was okay. his memory jumped—aquilina. that was who this female was. a real grin broke out across his face. samson remembered her. his mother’s friend’s daughter or something, he had had quite the puppy crush on her. the day they had to go back 127.0.0.1 had syntax error'd his heart. who would have thought that he would run into her again, here of all places?

’it’s nice to see you,’ the were said simply, still smiling. he didn’t realize he had missed the second part of her statement, her question, when she stood up. the red animal rose, letting his gaze drop over her, studying her. she looked different than he remembered; then again, he had been a child then. sam was sure he had looked quite different, then, too. and he hadn’t been impaired… ’s’been a while.’ he continued, suddenly nervous. how did he tell her he couldn’t hear her? a lingering scratchiness still gripped his voice, and the volume continually went all over the place, because he had no way of judging it.

samson sighed. ’aquilina, i should tell you… i, ah, well it doesn’t matter how it happened. but i’m… deaf.’ drop a bombshell like that, let’s see where the conversastion goes.

[/html]
[html]

Aquilina froze, he was deaf? She shook her head and faced him so he could read her lips, "Sorry, I uh... didn't know." she looked at the ground, she didn't realize how much she missed him. It had crushed her when he had to leave. It hurt her more than what happened after he left. A sigh drew from her lips, she then smiled and looked at him again, "I missed you, you know. It wasn't the same without you." she didn't know what to say, so she tried to attempt conversation, "A lot happened after you left, half the pack was murdered, my father is dead, and I was left for dead, but Cosmina and everyone found me. They took care of me, and now I guess I'm better." she laughed in her head, she wasn't better, she was worse.

Stepping closer to Samson, she nudged him with her nose and then inhaled, smelling his scent even more, that nice warm smell. It made her miss _home. "So how are you? And what are you even doing here? Where's your mother?" she asked all questions, a little bit closer to him, looking at him. Oh how much cuter he had gotten.

She wanted to tell him everything, but she couldn't. Aquilina didn't want to scare him off. It's not everyday someone blurts out that they've been beaten and raped, left for dead. Being beaten was even enough for her mind, she she sighed, 'Let it go, Aquilina.' she seemed to tell herself. She wanted to be wrapped up in Samson's arms, an old friend, an old lover. She would never forget the good times, even if he had someone else in his life.
[/html]
[html]
samson smiled, a small bit reassuringly. he leaned in, catching a few words. ’i missed you, too.’ that was, until he forgot about her. it wasn’t that she was forgettable… it was that the hybrid was self-involved. a series of rapid blinks followed her next flow of words. reading lips wasn’t his specialty at all. something—murder? some one, father or brother dead, and herself was injured, or something. his heart lurched. ’i’m so sorry,’ the hybrid said sincerely, even though he wasn’t exactly sure what had happened. something bad was all he knew. ’but i’m glad your okay,’ he added as an afterthought.

..ow you.. even doing here… mother. samson cleared his throat again. ’i’m fine.’ except for the whole bear thing. ’hm?’ was how he completed the sentence, confused by what she had meant at the end. mother? who’s mother? was his mother here? an idea lit up his eyes. of course sam had completely forgotten, but he was carrying a small package of paper and a stick of charcoal. he nosed it off of himself and quickly shifted, feeling as always the strange sensation that comes with bones shifting and fur growing out. once he finished he sat down cross legged and displayed the sheets of paper. ’if you want, you can write on these…’ if she could read and write, but he was sure she could.

[/html]
[html]

Aquilina smiled, she shifted as well, the popping of the bones made her shudder. She then grabbed the piece of paper and charcoal, she started to write 'So how are you? And what are you even doing here? Where's your mother?' she also added in a few other things like 'I was so mad at you when you had to leave, even if it wasn't your fault. I just wish you would have said goodbye instead of just disappearing. I wish you stayed, maybe we could have been something if you did.' she then passed the paper to him and looked away, almost nervous. Aquilina was surprised that she even had the guts, without Estella doing it, to tell him all that.

Aqui knew he could shift as well, his mother could as well. Usually she wore human clothes while she was shifted like this. But however, it wasn't the first time she had been like this in front of him. She had boobs, wow, very surprising even though she was a girl. She remembered all the swims they had and the first time they ever got close. She smiled at the thought of when she always thought he had cooties. Little kids had big imaginations, she knew she did when she was little, especially that she thought her and Samson were going to be with each other till the end of time. But she was a little one, who didn't know about dangers in the world, everything was a fairytale to her. Not anymore though.
[/html]
[html]
the hybrid watched her write, her deft fingers holding the charcoal as she manipulated it to make words. it was utterly fascinating to him. oh yes, he’d have to sketch her, sometime. samson smiled at the thought and took the paper, looking at it sideways and admiring her handwriting. it was a lot to respond to, so he took his time to read it through before beginning. ’i’m good.’ the male started, and paused before continuing. ’luck, i guess. i just sort of.. ran. i don’t know how my mother is… i haven’t seen her in a long time.’ he looked down, and resisted a giggle. ’i didn’t want to go. but you know how my mother was.. my parents.. they were so secretive. sometimes, even i forget their names.’ half-hearted attempt at humor. he chuckled, quietly.

maybe we could have been something if you did. sam looked up, and smiled. it was a sweet sentiment, but sam doubted it. they had just been little kids, who didn’t understand the world at the time. and now obviously, she was damaged and he was damaged… how could anything ever work out of that? the most they could strive for was friendship. sam was a commitaphobe, when it came down to it. he was scared of the idea of being with someone. with time there might be a chance, but now…? no.

[/html]
[html]

Aquilina chuckled and lightly grabbed the paper and charcoal from him, writing some more, I never knew their names at all. she then chuckled, I left my family because they think I'm crazy. I feel... like a machine except for, a _broken machine. Although I never was really 'normal'. snow started to slowly fall against her fur. She looked up, it was a warm day for winter but the sky had a few odd clouds.

Aqui wish she knew more about him, what he was like now. But it was so hard to carry on conversation because..well he was deaf. She thought a moment. What if she taught him to lip read. That way their conversation didn't have to be on paper, that way maybe she could make facial expressions as the expression in her voice. Maybe that way, anything she said didn't sound so bland. But would he want that? Aquilina realized that maybe the reason why he couldn't lip read was that he didn't want to know, or just the fact that he became recently deaf. She grabbed the paper back fast before he could read it to add in, ...Please Sam, tell me how it happened..you know..you being deaf and all. I really want to know, but if you feel like you're not ready, you don't have to tell me.
[/html]
[html]

the red coyote balanced his weight on his hands, fanned out on either side of him. a ticklish sensation brushed against his face—powdery white… samson licked his lips and looked up. it seemed too warm for snow, and even the flakes dissolved almost as quickly as they hit the ground. he sighed, contently, letting his eyelids droop while he waited for the paper. when it was handed to him, the hybrid looked down, and read ‘i left…’ before it was taken away from him again. he frowned.

when he got it back, he read it carefully. ’crazy?’ sam queried, raising his eyebrows at her. he finished the writing, and looking up with his ears back, said quietly ’it’s actually not a long story.’ he half-smiled. ’me and alexandria- you remember, my sister- were out hunting, and happened to wander into bear territory. a big nasty one blindsided us. alex got away in time but i, ah, decided to excersize some heroism. that bear tossed me so fast i didn’t have a chance… i guess it popped my eardrums.

‘i think i still have a little hearing left in my left ear. and who knows, it might even be fixable in time… i don’t think so, though.’ he finished with a grim smile. the male suddenly remembered the early part of the note. ’crazy? why do they think you’re crazy?’ without paying attention, the were reached out and gave her a questioning—or reassuring, maybe—pat on the knee, ears up and at attention.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... atable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:90px; background-position:bottom center;">

Tada! I love my new table. : D <3 _Pilot did it. ^_^

Aquilina looked at him and shook her head in an obvious 'nevermind.' it was too complicated to tell on paper. She would wait till he could at least read lips or the day that may never come. Even though they were pups then, does that mean she couldn't love him now? Maybe she could like him even more for who he was now instead of as an innocent little pup.

Sighing because of her mixed debates and feelings, she grabbed the paper and charcoal to add in, That's a story that I'll have to tell you another time. she also put a grin on her face as she handed back his belongings to him. As she looked around unsure of what to do now, even though they still had so much to catch up on, she had to admit to herself that she was too lazy to write out everything.

Without even thinking she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him and kissed the side of his face, she then grabbed the paper to write, putting the dirty black writing tool in her hand she wrote, You are probably getting bored with catching up on old times, but that's okay.. I'll go. as she handed the sheet back to him, she waited a second, wanting to see what his reply was.

[/html]
[html]

it's pretty : D why dont we end this here? -busybee-

he smiled, studying the way aquilina moved. she was even more beautiful than he had remembered. of course, age was a factor, now, but still. maybe they'd have a chance, in the future, but not now. the idea of being with someone was frankly scary to samson. but of course they were still young. sam wasn't even two years old. he looked briefly down at the paper and nodded. 'okay.' his mind was as blank as a fresh sheet of paper, until she gave him the paper again. he nodded imperceptibly. 'okay,' the wolf repeated, twisting his head slightly to look at her. he was tired and this spot was peaceful. 'i think i'm gonna stay here a little while,' he smiled again, softly. 'think a little bit. take care, aquilina.' he assumed at this point she was going to leave, and leave him to his own devices, which he was fine with.

[/html]