love remains the same, here in your arms
[html]

Shattered Coasts

Naniko D'Angelo
Naniko sighed, looking up at the expanse of blue overhead. It wasn't often that they got a day where it wasn't raining, and she was taking advantage of it. Her long white body was laid out over the sand, absorbing whatever sunlight she could. It was cool outside, but with the sun shining down on her it felt perfect. The female looked toward the sparkling water, around ten meters away, and then up the beach. Nobody around. Perfect.

Anu

Would this be her life? Running from one pack land to another, torn forever between love and obligation. The tawny female trotted across the light sand, eyes watching her footing as usual, hoping not to catch a rock. She moved west, toward the Twilight Vale boarders, hoping to find Naniko, as always.

The day was perfect, the best it had been in weeks. The clouds gone, and the sky as clear as the oceans water let her with nothing to complain about. A forever-familiar scent drifted to her nose, making her heart and pace falter. She turned toward the water, and raced along its edge. There she was waiting for her, as always.

Naniko D'Angelo

It was kind of strange, how they kept running into each other the way they did. Whenever one needed the other they somehow managed to find each other. It was some sort of a second-sense, maybe. She wasn't sure what had made her come out here today, to this particular area. She wouldn't be able to leave the packlands much longer...well, they weren't packlands yet, but she was working on that...without fearing that she might go into labor while away from home.

She frowned and looked up when she heard footsteps, a yawn escaping her as she turned her head. When she saw Anu her tail thumped against the sand, stirring it up a little. She didn't try to stand, as that would have been a lot more work than it was worth, just waiting for her to come closer so she could greet her properly.

Anu

Her ears fell backward when jade eyes met her blues. As usual Naniko as not expecting her, but her tail and posture gave away her happiness to the gray and brown wolfess. Anu let her tail wave behind her, not hiding the fact that she was eager to see Nani again. Loping over the soft flat sands she closed the distance quickly. "How do you always know where I am running to?" Her voice was light and playful. She laid immediately next to the white fey, eyes watching her face.

Naniko D'Angelo

"You just always run to where I am. Must be instinct"She grinned. She appreciated the fact that Anu was laying down next to her; she could reach her this way. Nani scooted forward, brushing the other female's cheek with her nose. Anu had a comforting scent; all of her worries seemed to float away whenever she smelled it. "I've been pretty busy lately...but I took some time away from the others. I disbanded Twilight Vale...so we're all just sitting around, mostly. We're moving from the packlands...but not very far."

Anu

Maybe she did just know. Anu met the comforting touch with her own. The words she spoke surprised the older fey, why would the pack come apart? She could have left the question in her head, not wanting Naniko to have to explain any upsetting details, but then she would never calm her anxiety. "Did something happen?"

Naniko D'Angelo

"Lucifer left. I don't know if he just...couldn't be around me, or if it was something I did...or maybe something Conri did. Conri beat him too." She said. Naniko was trying desperately to keep her eyes on Anu's face, but they kept dropping down to the sands. She was supposed to be the strong one, the leader of the pack...but she wasn't sure she could do it all alone. She had Savina, and knew that the fem fully supported her...but she still wasn't sure. What was wrong with her?

"I think it's just time to start over again. If enough wolves will join, then I plan on making a new pack...a better one. One without Conri. One all by myself."

Anu

The idea of Naniko rebuilding an new pack made her even more anxious. Anu knew that she could do such a thing on her own, but with pups so close to being born, and with the history that surrounded them Anu did not like the conditions. She moved a few inches closer, hoping to comfort any upsetting feelings the white fey had. It was like fate would drive her closer and closer to Naniko. "You shouldn't have to do that alone." She spoke in a sure and confident tone, and there were few times she had used it. "Could I help?'

Naniko D'Angelo

"I want you there." There...she'd admitted it. It was what she had been feeling for weeks, really, that she wanted Anu around. She couldn't help it. Every time she was with her things just seemed so much better. Like a huge weight was lifted from her chest. She looked up at her. "But...I wasn't sure if it was what you wanted. You already have a home. The pups will be here soon, and I just...I don't know. I can't tell them about you, rely on you, if you have to go back to Phoenix Valley every night. And that's no kind of life for you, either"

Anu
It was music to her ears, no it was sweeter then that. It was sugar or honey, but still her blood was to warm and her heart to light. Blue eyes found nothing but honestly, as she expected nothing less. "My home is with you." It hurt to think that Naniko could not rely on her, but such trust would have to be earned, and Anu knew it. She rested her head on the larger snowy female, enjoying the warm crook of her neck. "Where ever you go, that is where I will be." The decision was made, she would leave one family for another.

Naniko D'Angelo
”Things will be different there" She knew the other female knew that...but she just wanted to make sure. Naniko wanted Anu to be happy, as happy as she had been over the past few weeks. Ever since Conri had left she'd felt like a new wolf. She could do this. She felt sure of it now. The snowy wolf turned her head, nuzzling into Anu's mixed-color fur. She would be able to see her whenever she wanted, if they were in the same pack...they could be together. She could barely believe it, even though she knew it was true.

Naniko pulled back for a moment so that she could look Anu straight in the eye, though her thumping tail gave away her feelings. "I was meaning to ask you...and this is up to you, too. If you don't want to, or if you feel rushed...I know we haven't known each other for very long." She paused, unsure of how to phrase it. "I want you for my mate. I don't want to live a day without you there by my side--I want my pups...our pups, to grow up with two parents who will love them."

Anu

Of course things would be different. The world felt different when they were together, as if it spun in the opposite direction. They would make each other happy, however they could. Anu loved her, there was no other description of how she felt. The way she wanted the white wolfess, the way she wanted to make her happy had become the reason for waking when the sun rose, for breathing, and reason for each beat her heart took.

It didn’t feel like rushing, because their feelings were so identical that they melted together, undistinguishable between her own and Naniko’s. Her breath was lost for a moment, as she spoke. Anu was not expecting the question, but there wasn’t anything else that felt more right.

Blue eyes on hers Anu let her mouth form another smile. Her voice was soft but serious. “There’ nothing I would want more then to spend every day with you, and with them.” Her heart was in her ears, clouding what she said aloud. She couldn’t look at her eyes any longer, and buried her head in her great white pelt. “I don’t know what it is, but I can’t imagine not loving you, and its like I’ve always loved them.”

[/html]