cut yourself open.
[html]
Backdated to August 18.

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

Hybrid wondered if he had acquired a taste for wolves. Perhaps not; their fur stank, a vile odour that constantly reminded him of what they were, and they always appeared large and sluggish, as if they had stolen too much food away from the (watchful?) eye of their Alpha. He had encountered a wolf or two that had been amusing enough, but even now, they were just play things. Rotten.

Annoyed, he wrinkled his nose. It was as if their smell had permeated the borders of Inferni only to find him and rip him apart. Perhaps to dice and chop him into little pieces, then devour him greedily. How stupid.

This was all stupid. This damn war, everything. It had all started because his mother was such a fuck up; couldn’t even exercise some control. Hybrid knew all about control. There were many times when he had wanted to kill Samael, but had not, for he had kept in mind what Samael could do when he was living, breathing. Perhaps Samael preferred corpses to real, living things (since he seemed to like just about everything else anyways), but Hybrid liked it better when his ‘friends’ were more responsive.

He smirked; responsive. He ripped a weed out of the ground, watching as it ‘responded,’ ripping and tearing; useless now.

Bored, he tossed the thing away, and then fell back, running his clawed hands through the grass. Stupid.

CORONA LYKOI

She had already lost track of the days that had passed since she had arrived and learnt of the war. Each day that Talitha was gone made her wonder even more what was going on in that little blemish of a pack to their southwest; each day that passed she wondered about the sickness that had sunk its claws into her father and brother. Corona had already started to make some contact with the family that was scattered around, but for the most part she had been so engrossed in investigating symptoms out of a book that she hadn't branched out much within Inferni since. But while the weather was nice, she decided to opt for a short break. From the sprawled out forests to the ravine, it was quiet and there was nary a soul to be seen, at least until she had finally left the cover of the forest for an open ceiling. Approaching him at her own leisure speed, Corona let her blue eyes roam towards the sky. "It's a nice day for a change, isn't it?"

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

He supposed he could appreciate the sheer simplicity of lying in the grass, surrounded by nothing by earth and sky, but… if Hybrid were to be honest, that really wasn’t his ‘thing.’ Appreciating things in general wasn’t his ‘thing,’ though, Hybrid would first have to define the word, and… he didn’t really feel like it. He felt like taking a nap, but he was unsure if a member of Dahlia de Mai would prance on over and attack him. Those damn wolves had no respect for the borders.

He sighed; someone was there, speaking to him, or something. “I suppose. Depends on your definition of nice.” He shrugged. He wasn’t really ‘nice’ anyways, so he supposed the word was lost on him.

CORONA LYKOI

The weather may have been nice, but given the circumstances in the air, a nice day didn't mean very much. War didn't care about the weather, it didn't care about the damage it caused anyone. Whether it was day or night didn't matter, whenever it happened it simply happened. She had missed out on the fighting side of everything and had turned up to put the pieces together one way or another. "Yeah, I guess. Maybe in that case I'd rather have it rain to match everything going on around here," she said with a sigh. "Mind if I join you? I'm Corona."

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

Hybrid shrugged. He would prefer it didn’t rain while he was fighting, as it dulled the senses and made finding a good, solid footing a chore. He had fought in the rain only once or twice—he could not really remember—but it had not been a pleasant experience. If the girl required some form of relevance between the weather and the current events to experience a bit of pathos, perhaps she really wasn’t suited for war. Hybrid squinted, trying to see the girl better as she moved, letting the sun bob behind her head for a moment before ducking back and blocking it for a moment. “If you really want to, I suppose you will join me no matter how much I protest,” he replied, wincing slightly as he said ‘join me.’ Strange.

CORONA LYKOI

Coyotes weren't nearly the social creatures that wolves were, this she knew. Her mother had kept to herself far more times than she had in the company of others and had often travelled alone. But as it were, she was more wolf than she was coyote. Company was occasionally nicer than being alone, at least in her case. "Well, if you'd rather I didn't, I can leave you alone," and until he said something, she didn't make any move to leave or stay. "Either way, can I at least have your name?"

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

Hybrid blinked, curious as to why she was still talking. He did not suspect that if she remained she would continue to converse with him—most chose not to anyways, and he usually only got a few words out before someone was attacked. He sat up slightly, pushing himself onto his elbows so he could see the girl better. A pee-coloured wolf; how curious. “I don’t care,” he replied. He was surprisingly indifferent, for most times he would rather be alone, but then, he was usually alone anyways. Corona, or whatever kind of beer or alcoholic drink she was, could stick around if she really wanted. He didn’t care. “Hybrid Holocaust.”

CORONA LYKOI

His name didn't mean anything to her, although it was just as unique as her appearance. Like a few others, he had very distinct red eyes, though they had a much different look and depth to them than the others she had met. With a name fitting for a coyote who belonged to the group that was most recognised for having crazies and the blood hungry at one point in time. Perhaps it was still the conceived notion; she didn't know any more. But since he didn't care, she simply plopped down in the grass beside him and brushed her bangs out of her line of sight. "So..." just what was there to say, anyway? "How poor of fighters were those wolves from Dahlia de Mai?"

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

He supposed anyone could make interesting conversation if they knew what to say. It didn’t matter that Corona seemed to be fairly boring, fairly easy-going for a creature of Inferni, but if one were to ask the right questions, then everything changed. Hybrid smirked; now she was just a boring girl with interesting questions. Perhaps she was clever. Perhaps not. “They’re wolves. What the fuck can you expect?” He chuckled quietly, eyes glinting with amusement. “They were cowards and fools, and still are. There’s nothing that can be done about a fool, or a coward, except kill them.”

CORONA LYKOI

She smiled faintly, forever being torn about the two worlds, but in a sense and in regard to Dahlia de Mai, she could agree. "I'd say in any case they're certainly both for taking a child hostage, especially one from such a large family. I suppose they'll find out who they're dealing with sooner than later." And if it came to tearing them limb from limb, they were all capable of doing that, all in the name of the clan and all in the name for their criss-crossed family tree.

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

Oh, right. That. Hybrid really did not care that they had taken Talitha. He felt nothing for his niece, and felt no strong desire to save her at all. The fact that they had taken her was what really pissed him off. Did they not think she might not be a part of something larger than them? That they could get away with kidnapping someone and think they would be safe? It did not matter who they took, but rather, the fact that they had. “And to think that they would get away with it, too.” He chuckled, pushing himself up from off his elbows, straightening his arms so he could lean back onto his palms, clawed fingers splayed out and digging in slightly to the earth. “They don’t even know who we are yet. If they did, they never would have done… this.” He shrugged. Anyone that knew what Inferni was would never have gone to war with them. They would hunt them down even after the war was over, and for years to come.

CORONA LYKOI

"Well, maybe after this they'll learn that," and maybe after that they could finally just live like everyone else. Even though she had never met Talitha, Corona felt a pull to save her. She meant a lot to Gabriel and in a sense, meant a lot to her because of that familial bond, something that her mother and father had raised her strongly on. "Even if they did know who we were, they would have done something. Or claimed that we were only here to invade their land and take something... I get the feeling that's just the kind of people they are. Things were like that on the other side of the mountain." She knew that Inferni had always been the refuge of the oppressed people, the people who the grudge to bear.

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

Hybrid chortled in reply to her initial statement. Learn? Wolves did not learn. They only mindlessly went about their lives without any consideration to others who were unlike them. They did not hesitate to attack, and would use dirty, underhanded tricks to push a coyote away from who they really were. Zaets, the Syemv war—he had seen it. They could not learn; they would rather die for their ignorance, for that was all they had. “Things’re always like that,” he said. “They won’t learn, and they never will. It’ll be like this forever.” He grinned; not that he minded, of course. “So long as there are wolves to kill, I don’t care how the fuck it happens.” He shrugged. “I mean, hell, they just wander into Inferni acting like they own the place and then have the gall to act surprised when they’re killed.” He chuckled; that’s just how they were. Stupid, stupid wolves.

CORONA LYKOI

Maybe it was pride that got all of them in the end. They were very prideful creatures, very loyal ones. But the time she had spent away from Inferni and packs in general had altered her point of view about it all. "Not all wolves are that way," Corona said, partially out of the fact that it was obvious to anyone that she was a hybrid. But she knew that there were some who had frowned even on hybrids because she had seen it herself and she had been down that twisty road before. "The ones that don't respect us should be dealt with immediately, but the ones that do we don't have any qualms with. The road goes both ways, if we don't respect them in the way that they respect us, there will be blood." There would always be blood because there would always be ignorance, but she wasn't really one to go around preaching about equality from where she was sitting.

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

Hybrid sneered—what the hell was she talking about? The wolves he had met had always sneered at him for being a coyote, for being something they were not. The wolves of Syemv had hated them for living where they always had, and one in particular had taken the only coyote he had ever felt attached to and twisted him around, bending and mutilating him until he betrayed Inferni and Hybrid. He had betrayed them, fucked with them, taken everything good from them and tossed it away. Hybrid would kill him for that. One day he would find Vitium and make him pay, like he would to Andrezej. They would be murdered, and it would be beautiful. “Wolves are scum. I’ve killed enough of them to know that.”

CORONA LYKOI

He didn't like that answer and she expected that. It wasn't either side would ever learn, even if they lived for years and years and years. They'd fight over each other, fight over territory, over food and water or anything. It would fester and stew and build into greater things because the world was made of chaos. She let out a breath and let her gaze wander out from where they were, surveying the landscape with her next question. "What about hybrids then? Are we scum too just because the numbers are a little blotched somewhere?" She wondered if he knew that both she and Gabriel were more wolf than coyote. She wondered if that mattered or if he was just one of so many in the world with that particular sense of view.

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

“It’s not the hybrid’s fault they’re a hybrid,” he replied warily. “It’s what they do. Full-blooded wolves are scum, but that doesn’t mean their children will be as well. The fools become the wolf.” Anselm looked nothing like a coyote—he was huge, fucking huge, but he was still a de le Poer, whatever that meant. He saw Inferni for what it was, and saw wolves for what they were, or Hybrid hoped. The poor bastard better think like a coyote or the rest of Inferni would tear him apart.

He grinned. “You’re lucky I’m not a lot of things. I’m sure there are some who would love to hear your opinions on equality as they chew your paws off,” he said with a chuckle. She was lucky he was not anything aside from himself—she was fortunate he was not anything other than that.

CORONA LYKOI

There really wasn't any sense in talking about it anymore, she supposed. He was set where he was set and she was set where she was set. It was just as easy to agree to disagree, though in a pinch she would surely help him if he needed it. That was just one of the many things that bound them altogether in Inferni, so whether it was wolf or coyote or something in between that attacked, they would meet their end. "I suppose," she murmured, quite aware of what he was talking about. Pushing up from where she was sitting, Corona brushed her hair out of her view once more. "I should be getting on my way though. I guess I'll see you around sometime."

HYBRID HOLOCAUST

He snickered, suddenly hit with a realization: there would be no hybrids, no problem of affiliation if wolves were not there to pollute everything. There were only problems because wolves existed, and this state of existing was what threw everything out of proportion. Perhaps, some day, they would be completely erased. How quaint. He frowned; how boring.

He blinked, rather annoyed that the girl was leaving now. She had chosen to sit and speak with him, and now she was just leaving? “Yeah, bye,” he said, feeling a smirk tug at the corners of his mouth as she pushed a bit of her pee-coloured mane out of her eyes. Perhaps he would see her again.

[/html]