little runaway
She'd stuck to the woods and had managed to keep herself away from the prying eyes of her packmates. She wanted nothing more than to be left alone, to try and erase the images that had been building in her mind for the past moon. She hated the time she'd spent in Inferni but she didn't hate all the souls she'd seen, more than anything she just hated one with such a fury she wished that the damned peace hadn't been met so she could find the bastard and take the life that had been given to him. She would, or atleast she dreamed she would.

Firefly sat on the outskirts of a golden field and ripped the feathers from the carcass of what had once been a turkey she'd surprised in it's sleep. Now it was a hell of a mix of blood, down and feathers. She bared her fangs at the lifeless form before her as in her eyes it belonged to the male who'd taken what for once she hadn't freely given. The fury faded from her eyes as she gazed at the mess before her and sighed.
[html]

I hope you don’t mind this dated after Cer returns?
Cercelee had smelt the girl’s scent a ways off, she must had passed the same way Cercelee now went not too long ago because it took no effort to follow the trail. The trek between where Cer had picked up Firefly’s scent and where Firefly now stood was a bit of a ways, and the time in between served to ignited the anger Cercelee had all but forgotten about. Ember’s arm, her reason for leaving Dahlia de Mai. Her reason for leaving Cer in a way. Cercelee had been a piss poor leader, failing to protect a member of her pack from harm, her own sister no less. The anger smoldered as she made her way along, and it was in a full fury by the time that she reached Firefly.
Her voice, her posture, her words however did not tell. Nothing about her spoke anger, exactly. But if Firefly could decode the words, guess what they meant, than surely she would know. The sight that met her made Cer’s skin crawl, the mess of flesh and feathers, but her disgust did not show either. She was the perfect picture of calm and collected, pleasant even. "So little Firefly Sadira, I’ve heard you had a great deal of fun while I was out?" Cercelee took dainty steps toward the girl, in among the mess of shredded turkey guts. Looking around, she sighed dramatically, almost playfully. "Such a waste. You could at least make a meal out of it."

[/html]
Firefly's pelt was smeared with blood and flickered with feathers as she licked the crimson fluids from her lips. Her mind was a whirlwind of dark thoughts and twisted images, half gathered from her time in Inferni and half mixed with ideas of the crime that she'd believed Haku had committed in her time of imprisonment. The words that cut through her thoughts made her snarl in rage as she jerked her head to the side, those emerald eyes catching sight of the ivory hued woman as her heart races.

Turning away from the savaged shreds of the poultry she backed towards the woods, the heckles raised along her spine as she snarled at the woman before her, snapping a reply. "Get away from me.." Something inside of her had crumbled, the strong dark mirror had developed a spider crack and slowly pulling outward across the reflective surface. She sputtered a response to the words of the leader, not yet realizing that she'd called her by her whole name. "He deserves it.. I should have done it sooner! HE DESERVED IT!" her sputtered words had gained force and by the end she was screaming the defense of what she'd done at the sapphire eyed lass.
[html]

ooc buisness
Cercelee bristled at the sound of Firefly’s snarl, directed at her. Get away from me. Cercelee laid her ears back at this, navy eyes narrowing at the younger girl. As laid back as Cercelee was, such insolence would not be tolerate by the leader, especially when such anger was unprovoked. At Firefly’s outburst, about the turkey deserving his fate, Cer guessed that both the outburst and anger were directed at someone else, but who? Haku? Someone from Inferni? It did not matter, Cercelee did not find herself sympathetic at the moment. Perhaps it was the anger she felt on behalf of Ember, or the rude greeting she had received from Firefly, but either way, Cercelee was in no mood for such behavior.
Cercelee lunged at Firefly, snapping at her and making contact on her muzzle, although the bite was cut short, not breaking skin. Merely a warning from the Rosea, perhaps to break the spell Firefly was under. Jumping back, in case Firefly felt the need to lash back at Cer, the alabaster female landed easily out of reach. "Silence!" Cercelee was surprised at her own voice, so much more commanding that it ever was, she hadn’t even been sure her voice could take such a tone. "What is your problem, child? What are you babbling on about?" Cercelee had no patience for nonsense at the moment, for the childish antics of Firefly, and she was in no playful mood.

[/html]
Firefly's mind wasn't registering who exactly was speaking to her, she could see the woman before her and she knew the scent, but something wasn't connecting in her mind to assure her that the ivory woman was safe. She wanted to escape, she wanted to retreat back into the cool darkness of the forest and run away from it all.. but she couldn't. The sudden change in the small female before her made the Sadira child's musces tense as she was suddenly lunged at. Never before had anyone attempted to actually put Firefly in her place in such a manner.

Stunned for a moment the girl lowered her body to the ground as she attempted to creep around the woman before her, those emerald eyes glaring at the lady as she spoke. She tried to hide her bulging sides from the woman as she moved, the mental strain from the rape having twisted her mind against her, believing she was infested with the spawn of the filthy clan member. "Go away.." she muttered as she cast her eyes away from the lady. "I failed, I was caught.. should have died.." she whispered harshly. She wished that she had died, being killed would have been better than these nightmares, the memories.. and the assumed thought on what Haku had done to their own hostage.

She began to back away from Cercelee from the side, keeping the woman before her as she felt the cool cover of the limbs overhead along the edge of the woodlands. Finally her mind was making sense of who was before her, and she didn't like what she was greeted with. Her eyes narrowed suddenly as she spat angrily at the woman who should have been there with them. "What do you care! You abandoned us all.." she accused the woman of the truth. While they had been waging war their own leader had left them alone, seemingly not caring what would happen to the whole lot of them. "You should have been there! You should have stopped it all.." she whinned, not caring that the woman was angry with her, not caring why or what she'd done in the past.. just wanting the memories and nightmares to disappear
[html]

Cercelee watched at the female interchangeably when from creeping along the ground to spitting angry words at her leader. Cercelee shook her head, more annoyed now with Firefly’s hysterics than angry. Cercelee wasn’t pleased with the lack of respect and lack of self control present before her, for it both showed that perhaps Firefly wasn’t worthy of the rank she held and it prevents Cercelee from completing the task for which she came. Yet she was also sympathetic of the girl, for clearly she had suffered a great trauma behind enemy lines and had not the psychological strength to deal with it. Still, Cercelee couldn’t melt at the first sign of pity, she merely dropped the snarl that grew in her throat and covered her fangs, her navy eyes watching her younger cousin intently.

"If you all didn’t want a war, Haku shouldn’t have started it. I did not abandon you, I made it clear from the beginning I would not participate, nor would I require anyone else to." Cercelee spoke matter of factly, neither harsh nor gently. Life was rough, war even more so, and it seemed that Firefly had just learned that fact. "What did you expect little Sadira? War is not fun, it’s not meant to be. If you weren’t prepared for the consequences, why throw yourself in the fray?" Why had so many of them thrown themselves after Haku?

[/html]
Her chest was almost touching the soft grasses of the meadow as she crouched down and glared at the woman. Slowly it was coming back who she was and what she was doing lecturing Firefly, but the girl wasn't in the mood for company. Her eyes flashed as the leader spoke but she remained silent. She knew that Cercelee was correct but she was still young and so defiant. The slightly raise of her lips at the truth was met as Firefly lowered herself to the ground slowly as her anger and panic seemed to dissolve into the very soil below them.

She suddenly dropped her gaze from those sapphire eyes that almost could remind her of her mother's as she heard the snowy pelted woman say her name, not Firefly, but Sadira. Even after the name was dropped between the two she sat there quietly because the words that followed were the worst. She lowered her blood covered maw to her paws as she admitted harshly. "For him.." She really didn't care where the leader had learned her name but she could probably figure it out. Her emerald eyes seemed to have lost all their fire as she raised them up to meet those of the leader, so many emotions boiling inside of them.
[html]

Cercelee let herself relax as the fight seemed to slowly leek from Firefly’s being. The younger girl lowered herself to the ground in a defeated manner, though defeated more by her own mania than by anything else. Cercelee waited, the gaze of her cousin lost now, which was just as well. Cercelee didn’t think she could stand much more of this face off, and it was proper for lower ranking members to drop their gaze when confronted so, Cercelee didn’t care for the reason, as long as she got a chance to speak her piece. For him. Triangular ears perked forward, the Rosea hadn’t quite expected an honest answer, or an answer at all. "For Haku?" There was no concern or surprise in her voice, the two often smelt of each other, though Cercelee hadn’t thought Firefly to be the type to put her life on the line for a male. Perhaps Cercelee couldn’t sympathize with that, she had never felt so close to a male to throw herself at his cause, unless there was some other reason for her to do so. Shaking her head free of the thought, she looked back at the girl, her voice even and calm. It was time to get back to her task, Haku’s and Firefly’s business was their own, and Cercelee didn’t wish to know anymore than what the girl had told her. "And what about Ember’s arm? I don’t suppose you did that for Haku too?"

[/html]
Firefly barely heard the words that her leader spoke when she questioned just why she'd done what she had, but her ears flickered halfheartedly at his name as she whimpered slightly, catching her breath as she tried to swollow against the growing lump in her throat. She was so angry at the male, yet not for certain if she had any right to be either. Those emerald eyes rose up barely to catch sight of Cercelee as she gave the verification that she asked for. "Yes.." she whispered harshly. She had done it for Haku, she'd done it for herself and for him.. to show him she was worth it all.. and yet she hadn't been in the end.

Her emerald eyes stared flat at Cercelee when she asked of Ember, a soft growl rose up in Firefly's throat as a small flare of anger sparked in those orbs. She shook her head and spat. "Ask her yourself. I told her to back off, I told her to leave.. She wouldn't accept no as an answer. I didn't start it, but I did finish it." she would admit the truth. So she broke her sister's arm. Obviously Ember had gone crying off to the rest of the world that Firefly had been the big bad wolf in the situation, but she seemed to have failed to admit that she was the one who wanted it all.
[html]

Firefly confirmed Cercelee’s assumption, although the alabaster rosea was certain she was not mistaken. Haku could weave a sticky web, and it seemed as if Firefly had willing thrown herself head first into the spider’s nest. Cercelee pitied them both, as she could already tell that the relationship would be an unstable one. Haku and Firefly both with their drastic personality faults: self indulgent behaviors and egoist viewpoints among others. The fact that they were cousins was not lost on Cercelee either, but that was a smaller problem in the sea of greater ones. Cercelee simply shook her head at Firefly’s confirmation, they would do as they pleased with or without her blessing.

"I don’t have to ask her, she already told me." Cercelee stared hard at the girl before her, wishing that she could just see the err of her way. Ember hadn’t chosen that, Firefly had pushed her to it. Yet the damage was already done, Ember was away in another pack and it would be pointless to banish Firefly now. Even if Firefly was asked to leave, Cercelee doubted that the female would understand completely why. Haku and her shared that blind spot. "You started it long before she confronted you. What have you got against your sister exactly?”

[/html]
Firefly didn't budge under the glowering look that her leader graced her with. Her ears pinned back as Cercelee spoke of already speaking to Ember. The youngest of the Sadira/Phoenix broad growled softly as she could already see that her sibling had poisoned the leader against her before fleeing the pack. She laughed a short bark of disbelief as Cercelee asked just why she had it in for the dark hued girl. Narrowing her eyes Firefly spoke truthfully of what she might have had against her sister. "If daddy's spoiled little brat hadn't blamed me for every bad thing that had happened in her life since I ran away from home then maybe we could get along." She broke the gaze of her leader as she turne dand stared off into the distance.

The silence was brief before she spoke softly, the bitter tone still lingering as the words floated free. "Just because you're family doesn't mean you're automatically obligated to care about them, or be friends, or anything like that..." The words of her own leader were tossed back at her. Here Cercelee was trying to talk to Firefly about family when once before she'd told her she wasn't obligated to care. Was the ivory woman changing her tune now because Ember had somehow got into her good graces.
[html]

ooc buisness
Cercelee listened to Firefly’s explanation patiently, but all it elicited was a roll of the leader’s eyes. "So Ember blames you for things not your fault? You can’t rise about that." It seemed a petty family feud. Briefly Cercelee wondered if her brothers and herself would have grown apart, yet the thought was quickly extinguished, it was a pointless thing to think about. Instead of letting herself daydream Cercelee focused all her energy and attention to the task at hand. Though it wasn’t likely Firefly would understand, or agree if she did, it wasn’t that Cercelee favored Ember (though she did), but rather that in Cercelee’s eyes Firefly was not living up to her end of the bargain. “I don’t expect you to care about her because she is family, I don’t care if you never talk with her, but you do not attack your own pack mates. The reason for a pack is protection and familiarity. If you don’t get along with someone, fine, but I never want to hear that you have harmed another member again.” The pack was greater than any family Cercelee had, it had to be, as she was it’s leader and to her that made it the most important thing she had. She would protect it, and it’s members, the best way she knew how, yet she had failed in Ember’s. Now the only thing to do was prevent a future occurrence.

[/html]
Firefly lowered her eyes as the leader spoke, it was obvious she'd already made her choice on who she was going to believe and what she thought of the whole situation. Sparks of fire smoldered in her emerald orbs as the lecture creeped on. She hadn't even known that Ember had run away for good, she'd just expected the dark hued sibling to have finally decided to leave her alone. Firefly rose her eyes up to gaze at the leader when the words died away, her voice sharp as she truthfully gave her own views of the whole thing. "I don't think it even matters who is in the wrong or right.. since you already believe what you want to." She held the leader's gaze for a moment before turning away as she rose up from the position sh'ed held so long.

Firefly didn't care if she'd been dismissed or not, it didn't matter what she said or tried to say, Cercelee already had her own ideas of what happened and Firefly just didn't care. The attack on Ember hadn't been an attack, they had come to an agreement and her bitch of a sister had turned into the snivelling coward she was and at the moment of truth she broken and couldn't admit defeat. She'd left the bloody remains of the turkey laying in a mess at the feet of her leader with no answer to what she'd asked as she began to walk out of the field.
[html]

I think if it ends like this Cer will have to kick Firefly to the curb XD
Cercelee stood dumbly for a moment, the tail of the younger female flashing before her eyes as Firefly unceremoniously retreated. Snapping out of the confusion that had descended on the leader, Cercelee let a snarl escape her lips as she lunged at the girl, quicker than even Cer herself had expected. Her body came up hard against the other’s, shoulder to shoulder, if the force wasn’t enough to roll the Mai, it was certainly enough to make her stumble in her tracks.
Cercelee spun her body to face the girl, expected a reaction in the form of a counter attack. Her voice was not the soft spoken notes she normally used, but a firm and commanding voice, the sort of voice that stopped the most confident of criminals in their tracks. "It’s not about picking sides here Firefly, it about your failure to live up to my expectations. You have a responsibility to this pack, and also to me. Respect to your fellow pack mates and more over your leaders, both of them. Which you don’t seem to comprehend, or you choose to ignore. If you don’t want to live up to those responsibilities, maybe Dahlia isn’t the place for you." Cercelee hadn’t wanted to threaten her place in this pack, but she had been pushed to it. She could see how Ember had been pushed to a confrontation. Perhaps Firefly subconsciously relished in these conflicts.

[/html]
She had expected her leader to take the truth of the matter and stand there dumb as she walked away. The young fae was in a sour mood and the white bitch wasn't helping the whole situation. So she had no care to even try and hear Firefly's side, she knew she sister had always been good at getting under your skin and making you believe she was always the victim. Firefly would show her sooner or later what it really felt like to be a victim. She'd been so caught up in her cross little thoughts that the sudden attack from her leader caught her completely off guard and she found her blood tinted form rolling through the dust and dirt before she settled back on her belly, legs splayed in all directions as a flash of white found itself before her.

Those dark emerald eyes flashed as the woman began to speak, but deep down the young Sadira was very much impressed with the power that the petite Rosea held within. The younger Sadira might be fire all the time, but Cercelee was like ice, you never knew what would happen once you treaded on the surface, atleast with fire you were sure to be burned if not careful. Her jade eyes gazed up into those sapphire orbs as a chuckled began to rumble in her throat. "I'd protect this pack with my life.." She couldn't bring herself to spatting back in the face of the leader that she almost had done just that, even though it had been their little war. Cercelee hadn't been around to see how the packmates did care about one another with a fierce loyalty. "I'll work harder at being what you expect me to be.." She said firmly. She could obey the icy queen, it wasn't like she had a problem within the pack anymore, as Cercelee had so rightly pointed out, Ember was gone.

Sobering up as she remembered that she was suppose to be in trouble she picked herself up, though didn't rise up to tower over her leader. She sat there watching her leader silently, wondering what she was going to do next. She had every right to throw her out on her ass, and she probably more than deserved it, but the young girl had learned one thing, Cercelee was worth respecting as a leader, even if she wished to come off more like a friend.
[html]

The change that came over Firefly was instantaneous, Cercelee’s actions had the intended effect. Cercelee saw that the fight had fled from the girl and Cercelee took a step or two back, giving the girl some room the breath. Although her features did not return to the calm, passive expression they normally wore the hostility disappeared just as quickly as it had come. It was the fact Cercelee could turn her emotions on and off like a switch that made her so dangerous at times, a ticking bomb that might never go off or might explode in one’s face. It was impossible to tell, just as it was impossible to discern anything from Cercelee’s expression now. It was calculating and firm, but neither friendly or unfriendly. Cercelee just listened to the words of the girl, taking them in and turning them over in her head.
Although no apology came from Firefly’s lips, Cercelee decided one was not necessary. The younger wolf pledge her life to this pack, Cercelee didn’t ask for much more from her members than that except for respect when it was due. Firefly seemed resigned to that as well, and so Cercelee nodded to the girl. "Very well, I’d like to see that." And she meant it, she wanted Firefly to stay, to prove herself worthy of the rank she held. "You may go now, may our next meeting be under more pleasant circumstances." Cercelee simply watched the girl, waiting for her to take her leave.

[/html]