she will be loved.
[html]

out of character

Iskata. Dampwoods.

in character

Hunter of Esper Hollow, co-rank Apothecary, mate to Ember Phoenix, picture perfect homely den on site, brother still insane, but able to cope with that, and by the sounds of it Naniko was adjusting to make a new pack. All was well in Khaden's life, and most of the problems he had faced in the past seemed unimportant to the transition Ember and he was making to work together as new lovers, as a new life with each other. They were in the honeymoon stage of their relationship, and he was loving every second of it.

But nonetheless, he had left Ember that day, wanting to adventure off on his own and see what these terrains past the his new home had to offer. He had left early and skimmed past the Shattered Coast, picking his way through the creepy forest of Arachnea's Revenge only to come to the sliver of land between the packland and Dampwoods. Facing the midday gray horizon, he picked at the slowly through the Quartz Shoreline, curious to know who and what was about the Phoenix Valley, yet Khaden shrugged it off. Perhaps he would know, perhaps he wouldn't.
[/html]
Iskata Sadira had been moving along the borders of Phoenix Valley, she wasn't for certain how Inferni had felt about their own members leaving the clan to join a pack, but she wasn't about to give them a reason to take it out on the pack. If there was anything that they wanted to hate anyone for they could hate Iskata for knowingly allowing the lady and her family to stay. She wouldn't have either of her fellow leaders take the blame when it had been Iskata's choice, and though she'd explained it to her counsil members that they owed it to the unborn children for the deed the father's killer had performed.. and for the father himself, to know his mate and family would be protected.

She wished that she'd done this earlier, atleast that's what she'd been grumbling about as she moved across the lands to see which packs still resided in the lands and where exactly they resided. She'd been slightly baffled by the disappearance of Skoll's own pack but there was nothing she could really say to the fading packs. They came and went, she knew that now.. she just hoped that her own pack wouldn't become a fading trend.

Lifting her head up out of her thoughts the silver and gold lady caught sight of a dark hued wolf moving along the Shoreline. Quickening her pace she thought a first it may have been Asphyxia or Garnet yet she realized that the newcomer was male. It didn't take long to gather herself to where the boy was, her pads already growing use to the beach and the rocks below her paws. Bowing her head towards the male she called softly. "Hello.."
[html]

in character

Funnily enough, it didn't take long at all before he really did find someone that resided amongst the curious pack borders. With a brow furrowed in question as the white colored femme continued to trek towards him, he lowered his status immediately. Tail left limp behind him as his ears swiveled back to show the respect as a passing visitor. His body slunk lower to the ground, not grovelling, but not assertive either. He knew he was still in mutual terrain, the little sliver of shoreline that seemed to cut through the rest of the neighboring territories, nonetheless he was close enough that given a wrong perception he could be mistaken as a threat.

Her response, soft and easy, gave the idea that she was friendly enough and he let his tail wag slowly behind him in reply before taking his steps to come closer to her. She seemed familiar in some odd, queer way, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Nonetheless, he shrugged it off and gave an easy smile and inclined his head politely. "Hello there! Wonderful weather we've been having lately eh?" He said, sarcasm making light of the gray and absolutely dismal situation that the heavens above seemed to want the rest of the world to indulge in. Perhaps small talk would make itself realize that the creatures below didn't quite appreciate the third or so week of rain. But alas, as the drizzle began to accumulate into soft, fizzing rain, Khaden thought not.
[/html]
She still wasn't use to the respect others paid her when they entered the lands, knowing he was a leader or not she could barely remember a time in any other pack where others had submitted so. She nodded to the male and just wished that he'd get himself up off the damp earth, just the thought of laying there made her joints want to ache. It took him a moment longer than she wished but soon enough he had taken in the sign and moved forward to join her. Her eyes lit merrily at the sarcasm that he displayed at the world about them. "Watch it, Mother Nature doesn't appreciate critisism too often.." she said with a grin as she paused a few steps before the male.

She could almost misplace him as Ember as close as they were now with those emerald eyes and dark pelt but she knew better. Shaking her head softly as the rain began to pick up she laughed and raised a brow at the male. "I hate to say I told you so.." she said with a wink. Flicking droplets of rain from her ears she realized that she hadn't introduced herself. She felt suddenly silly at having forgotten but she really hadn't been outside the packlands in a while and had almost grown to a point of forgetting that everyone didn't know her. "I'm sorry, I'm Iskata, Matriarch of Phoenix Valley." she said suddenly, wondering just who the stranger who she'd happened upon might be.
[html]

in character

Her light and breezy atmosphere that seemed to cling to her persona made Khaden feel at ease, and in response he lifted his submission before stepping closer. Her comment, done in the same good natured humor that Khaden initially offered provided a hearty laugh. Indeed, it seemed as of late mother nature didn't appreciate anything and had been beating it relentlessly into the Souls citizens. Dully noting her warning with a juvenile eye roll and a chuckle in his own, he suddenly remembered his manners and dipped in an introduction of his own. "Khaden, of Esper Hollow." He then sat back on his haunches and gave a little laugh of his own, shrugging his shoulders as he regarded his rank. "I guess my rank is a Hunter; Esper Hollow doesn't seem to make much of ranks."

He had heard it from Laurel's mouth the first time he met the strange coyote, and then the second, when both him and Ember were seeking acceptance. He didn't particularly know why they had this strange and unorthodox policy, but it was definitely beginning to grow. And it seemed to be doing wonders to Ember's self esteem, as he helped her understand how to hunt and prepare meat for store. And as long as Ember was happy, Khaden realized that he seemed content with life as well. He could see her now, attempting to store the meat that he had previously provided with her bandaged up arm, but doing all she could about it. He shook his head visibly though, giving an apologetic smile to his new company. He seemed to be wistfully wandering today. "Sorry, was thinking of my mate."
[/html]
She smiled softly, the rain falling light on her pelt as they stood there teasing and taunting the forces of nature. The teenage gesture was met with a smirk as the dark hued male made his introduction. She nodded at his rank, knowing nothing of the pack he was actually a member of other than where they resided. "Esper Hollow, what's it like there, I've yet to make my way to meet some of the other packs.." She'd known a few of the packs, but here and there were a loner or a pack she hadn't had time to deal with yet. The workings of a pack and family demanded a lot of time which gave her little for the rest of the world.

It seemed that the boy had become lost in thought as she watched him, waiting to see what he'd speak of his pack. She was rather curious to see what the pack was like but the views of a packmate from those lands would do. She smiled as it seemed that the boy had finally came back to life with a shake of his head and an apology on his lips. She returned the smile as he explained just what had stole his attention as she asked with a raised brown. "Oh, and does this love have a name?" She had no clue who resided in Esper Hollow but she knew so many that had lived in the packs that had dissolved that there was a chance she may know the lucky lass, or lad...
[html]

out of character

tap on my window, knock on my door, i want to make you feel beautiful. I can't get the song out of my head. >< Especially with Khaden. A little shorter post. I'm sure it will pick up soon though xD

in character

The Phoenix Valley native's question fell upon the deaf ears as he had been following the curvature of Ember's lingering thoughts that seemed to dance around in his head. Her second inquiry had been noted and Khaden shrugged his shoulders sheepishly. He couldn't believe that he could get so carried away so quickly about his newly wed status and mind. Alas, it was true that Ember had really dominated his life and priorities lately. He gave a sheepish grin at Iskata as she asked, guilty that he was so caught unawares by the sudden onslaught of her. "Ember." He replied, shuffling his feet nervously, anxiously, as if he didn't dare say her name in case she was to disappear in a puff of smoke. "Ember Phoenix."
[/html]
Iskata watched with mild amusement at the boy who was so quickly stolen away by his daydreams of young love once more. She shook her head and chuckled, knowing that sooner or later he'd drop back down to reality. Her eyes were shining with laughter as he finally did drift back, that little sheepish grin telling more of a story than he could ever imagine. She raised a brow but didn't ask anymore questions.. yet her amusement seemed to disolve into shock suddenly with the name he graced her with.

Her eyes dropped down from watching him quickly as she spoke softly, "Well, I do so hope you plan to take care of her.." she said as thoughts moved through her mind, of the happiness that her babes seemed to be finding while hers was drifting away. ISkata raised her eyes back up to meet the green ones of Kaden as she finished. "Because I'd hate to know you broke my baby's heart." She knew she could be kinder, yet with what had happened to Naniko and the sudden change of mates.. and now this, she wasn't for certain what to do anymore.. atleast to her knowledge Kansas's heart hadn't been stolen away, yet.