Wishing upon that star
1. Character Name: Aroha La'haZora
2. Character Birthdate (including year): September 21, 2002
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines): 50% Coyote 50% Red Wolf
5. Gender: Female
6. Your e-mail: hannonbrust@gmail.com">shannonbrust@gmail.com
7. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M) AIM Brintan90020
8. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I play already
9. Initial post:
WC: 322

Rain, that all she seen for the last several moons, she was no longer a youthful child that could do battle with the raging waters that the lord and lady brought down upon them. Her slim frame sniffed around the lands, her gut growled, it had been days that she had been fasting. Green leaf was fast ending while Falling Leaf was peeking around the bend, the earth showed the signs to her, though if anyone wanted to look it was there, not hiding, mother earth never really hid anything. The hybrid female gave a yawn as she saw the sparrow that was too busy trying to find something to feed her own offspring, ah how the lady knew that feeling, her only child was gone, passed in front of brightly colored eyes.
She shifted her weight down, hovering over her powerful back legs, she knew it was wrong, she knew it could get her killed, but she knew she had to eat; she had fasted so many days. The bird must have heard her joint snap, as the small was to be meal took off. She sighed as she moved on, the scent of a pet, not just any pet, a pet that she had picked up the sent before in some of the more human like packs. Though she could never live like how the humans did, the lord and lady had a reason for them to have been killed off, and to make the canine breed live and mutate. She lived like she should off the lands; her meat was served best to her fresh and warm, and bloody. No cooking needed, it took away from the fresh taste of it. The copper and white lady sighed as she came to the borders, sitting down as she bent her head back till her head and haunches touched, letting out a soft muted yip. She was beat from the travel.
Iskata had kept herself from the face of her pack everysince Anu had left. She had wished the lass luck and love in her new world with Naniko but she felt a small bit of herself ripped away as the girl who had begun to feel like a real family member had deserted them. They were a silly little family, she knew that, bickering, laughing, dreaming, hurting.. all the time all mixed together.. sometimes more hate than love, and sometimes more love than hate. She sighed at the idea and just shook her head. She didn't have time to think of loss and pain, she'd been thinking of that way too much lately with all that had fallen at her paws.

She dropped her paws from the porch swing and stood up, hearing a call softly through the rains. She wasn't for certain who it could have belonged to, though the voice sounded slightly like Asphyxia's call. She worried about Skoll's widow, though she wasn't going to pad after her every step to make certain she didn't bring more pain into her life.. but she couldn't ignore a voice in the rains when it was obviously calling for attention. Casting a gaze back to her nice dry cottage she shook her head before driving into the rains.

Padding down the old dirt road she soon carried herself towards the borders to patrol the exterior of their home, listening for the call again just incase she'd gone offtrack. Before too long she caught the scent of a stranger and veered off from her search to investigate. The silver and gold lady found the strange fellow with ease but she wasn't certain what to think at first glance. She caught the scent again just to make certain it wasn't one of Inferni's clan members come looking for Asphyxia, after she verified that it wasn't she offered the lass a greeting. "Hello Ma'am.." after a moment she curled her tail up around her haunches and settled down. "Can I help you?" she asked. Iskata really had no fault with anyone until they gave her a reason to find fault.

Famine had struck the lands and the great leaders of the past was not able to help them, they turned their head away to the whole tribe, not even the fellow tribes would let them in. There was no place for an older lady whom had just lost her litter to live; she was more of a traitor in every tribe’s eyes, then useful. She knew if the great leaders of the past would have never wanted her to have the pup they wouldn’t have let her body carried them, nor would they have let her birthed them, she blamed the child’s passing upon her, due to the famine that had attacked the lands she didn’t make the milk that she needed to feed them. She accepted that fate.

Seeing the lady of bronze and cream the mix she wolf dipped her head, she was old and had a hard time when her tribe had taken their own ways, each knowing that this was the last time they where one. The lady was lucky and had found these lands that offered life. Though if the life was willing to let her live and be a part of their lands was an issue that she wasn’t for sure if she knew the answer. The coyote wolf female began shifting to lower her frame towards the ground just a bit, though it wasn’t an issue of her standing higher than the she wolf that now sat in front of her. ”Yes miss. I’m looking for a tribe, clan, pack...Whatever you may call it to join, and live with. She had her age against, her, no longer in her prime and the lack of food and taken a bite off of her health also, she knew that with fresh kill and a bit of rest, she would be fine, and she would regain most of her strength that she had before the pup came to being about, but sadly not all, age was slowly but surely taking it’s fair toll upon her body.
Iskata had been studying the woman before her as the silence seemed to echo on between them. She knew by the scent of the stranger that she wasn't really from around here, atleast not from any of the packs or clans that she knew. Her sun shot sky eyes were slightly dull today as she was slowly beginning to become soaked through and through from the storm that was reigning down upon them. She shook the rain from her pelt once in an attempt to better the odds but still the cool water creeped along her spine.

Flickering her eyes towards the woods around them then back to the lady as she spoke in a strange accenpt Iskata smiled softly. "There's a few to choose from still, around these parts.." she relaxed as she knew the reason for the heartmasked lady's appearance now. "You're on the edge of Phoenix Valley's lands." she cocked her head to the side, slightly curious as to what drove the woman in search of togetherness. "We're more of a family than anything, a dysfuctional family, but still home none the less." She chuckled softly at the self made comment on her pack but continued. "What sort of life are you looking for here.." She wasn't for certain if the lass wanted to be part of their pack but she was willing to learn if she was interested in becoming another edition to their strange yet loving family.
WC: 335

The lady stepped back away as the water sparyed off the kind worded lady in front of her. The mixed breed knew a thing or two about tools that the lord and lady above had provided them with in order to make life a little better. ”Fish oil. Bath in fish oils, yes you will smeel, but it will keep the water from getting down to your skin. Even when fishing in shallow waters.” She bit down on her bottom lip, knowing that just there she could have over stepped a unspoken border, or stepped on a toe. She lowered her head down even further, for shame she had just brought upon the name of the Talon Tribe. She didn’t want to let one on to belive that she was a know it all, for she wasn’t, even in her prime ripe age of six, she was still learning, and learning to keep her mouth shut was still the hardest one of them all.

The brown and ash colored lady gave a nod as she smiled softly ”I family in time yes, I just lost my family, so right now my heart is like melting ice. Sorry if that not the awnser that a lady of your rank would like to hear.” She wanted to have a family again, she wanted to feel that love again, however right now it was hard for her to think that there was a chance that she could love some one as she did her old tribe, they had issues once and a while but they knew if there was a fight where every member in the tribe would be. She smiled thinking of the day before the rain had taken the tribe had to leave the lands. ”Well what I am hoping is for a place that has a few enough member that I can learn about every one, however big enough that we can feed for our self’s if a battle was to come to the lands.”
She smiled at the kind words of the lady, though Iskata herself normally didn't mind the rain. She nodded politely to the words the woman had advised her with but with a chuckled she passed on the wisdom. "I'm afaid I'm a bit vain about my appearance, I'm sure fish oil would work just fine, but I'd rather suffer to the rains than suffer my nose." she winked at the girl as she spoke. It was clear that the stranger knew a thing or two to keeping onself safe, even if it was advice that the matriarch herself wouldn't use.

Iskata watched the woman as she bowed her head, almost as if she expected to be punished. The silver and gold pelted woman shook her head sadly and spoke softly. "Hey, you're allowed to speak your mind here, you do know that don't you?" She smiled softly, a spark of mischief in her eyes for a brief moment as she teased. "I may be one of the leaders of this pack but I'm not a monster.." She didn't even know if the lady wanted to even see what their pack and territories was all about but Iskata didn't want the world to believe that all leaders required you to grovel at their paws. She just requested respect as an individual and perhaps a little bit of friendship.

She shook her head when the newcomer spoke of her response and Iskata's rank. "I'm not looking for right or wrong answers.. just your answer." She grinned as the girl's next words. "I'm not for certain but I think you may have come to the right place. We're a small pack, though with puppies on the way we'll be growing soon enough... " She inspected the older woman a moment before admitting the way their pack worked. "We're a family, here no one gets left behind.." she said firmly.

Flicking a bit of water from the tips of her ears she nodded off towards the interial lands. "I'm Iskata, the Matriarch in these lands.. There's a counsel that leads jointly. Deuce is our Shamen and Hel is represented by the Warrior. You'll met the others soon enough if you wish to stay.." she granted the woman a soft smile as she suggested. "For now let's atleast get out of this rain, what do you say?" She wasn't even for certain if the chocolate hued woman with the unique markings wanted to stay or if she just wanted a warm place to stay for the night. Iskata could remember them coming and going in the old days like that but she couldn't judge them.. not everyone was cut out for the pack life.

Her sky hued eyes watched the woman as she moved along, waiting to see if this stranger wanted a tour of their lands before deciding. "So.. what's you're name?" she asked, her silver paws splashed with mud from the red dirt road she'd ventured on to get to the lady.
392 sorry >,<

The lady knew more about herbs that she should have, her great leaders of the past told her many of times in her dreams that she was the child of a medical healer. That was a taboo where she had came from, she was dumped off at a tribe where she had lived believing that she was a birth member of the pack, that her mother was killed by a badger saving the life of Mairta La’haZora. The ash and brown colored female lifted her head up looking at the lady like she was lost more so then she already was, she was raised to believe that leaders knew best, and it was always stupid to question them, or talk to freely to them. She shook her head as she lifted it out of the level of shame, as she shifted her eyes towards the lady trying, really trying not to shift here eyes and facial expression away from a neutral look. ”Well no…I was raised and lived with the idea that the leader knows best, and the leader would never do anything to harm there tribe.” There was no punishment of death for questing the leader, there was just the label of shame added to the name, and the whispers of the lands knowing that you where the one they were talking about.

Her head spun around taking names, there was Hel, Deuce…and the female, the head of the lands, the leaders Iskata. Such short names, every one where she came from had the last part of their name attached to them at 2 years of age. The name La’haZora. The lady gave a soft laugh as she sighed softly these lands sounded promising to her, a sly grin tugged at the side of her mouth as she made her confession.”Fish oil…” Though she stood up with the female and followed, Fish oil had been coated her skin though and though a few days ago, it was starting to wear off and wash off but it wasn’t as bad as going without . Her name was the name of honor to her, she had earned it. ”Aroha La’haZora” Aroha was given to me after entering adult hood, at 9 moons, then La’ha was the first leader of the tribe where I came from, and Zora means dawn..the best time for everything.”
Iskata smiled kindly at the woman when she honestly admitted how she was raised to believe differently than those in the lands she stood in now. The silver and gold lady had noticed that the newcomer hailed from mixed blood but there was nothing she thought wrong with that, her own son's blood was just as diluted. She raised a brow as she said softly, "Well, I'd never do anything to harm another within these lands.. but I will be the first to admit that even I can make a mistake." she wasn't for certain what to think of a pack like that, but she'd heard of stranger places and stranger ways of life. With a soft teasing smile she moved away from the lass and began to lead them towards shelter.

Iskata's ears caught the comment from the girl as she chuckled at the comment. "I heard that.." she said softly with a wrinkle to her nose. The newcomer spoke of herself as they walked down the red dirt road towards the center of the packlands and Iskata's cottage. She turned to the lady and smiled at her name. "Iskata Sadira is my full name, though few call me by it. You've got a lovely name Aroha.." she said softly as she turned onto the path to her cottage. Leaping up onto the front porch and shook the rain from her pelt. The lady smiled and settled down to let the cool breeze of the summer day run through her fur.

Turning her eyes to the hybrid she cocked her head to the side and asked. "Do you think you could grow to like these lands?" the lowing of the cattle in the pasture made her raise her head up to gaze out across the fields. "of course.. we do carry some strange prey here.." she admitted. Flicking back her ears to the woman near her she asked suddenly, "Are you hungry?" Iskata normally didn't kept prey at the house, but she'd been introduced to a new process of keeping meat from spoiling, it wasn't as savoring as fresh kill but it was still filling and nutritious. She didn't want the poor lady to starve here within sight of helpless livestock...
wc 345

She laughed following be hide her, it fun to laugh, with an utter stranger. Well she wasn’t an utter stranger, she knew a bit about her. She knew that she was the leader of these lands, and she knew that there was two other that was under her, Hel and Deuce. She hadn’t meet any one other then Iskata, but if the other two were any way like the two toned leader then Aroha knew this transition between homes was not going to be rather easy. A part of her was still in them lands, she knew those lands where gone and a vast majority of the wolves that called that place home are gone alone. She wanted to make everything work again back in the old lands. She hoped that one day maybe her tribe would show up and just tell her that the tribe was back and the lands were more alive then every before.
”Is your names a meaning of anything, where you born with that name or did you wait for so long to get you name, like I did?” She always wanted to learn more, while teaching others. It was something that the tribe had scolded her for. She stopped looking down to the best as she sniffed the air that must have been the rather strange sent that she was picking up. She looked to the female leader with a questionable look; she had never seen anything like the sort before. She lifted her ears up at the sound of food; it was been weeks since she last had anything. She knew that this was going to be hard for her to adjust at first but she had a feeling in her gut that this was going to be her home till the leaders of the past told her otherwise. ”Your kind to offer, I wouldn’t mind trying a bit. I have never had anything other than forest prey and the rare fish. I don’t know about like, I already starting to like it…love it, yes… Yes I do.”
Iskata hadn't expected such questions from the woman but she paused in rummaging for the jerky she'd prepared and stored to gaze off in the distance as she tried to give a real answer to the questions. She shook her head and spoke softly as she moved back to looking, "Well, I was named after my granddam.. and I'm not really for certain what it means.. My mother named me when I was born." She smiled as she pulled out a leather pouch from the cabinet, the raspy clatter of the dried meat shifting inside heard loud and clear in the silence after her words.

Iskata normally wouldn't have slain one of the lifestock outside the season but the half grown calf had been lamed and was refusing to eat. She knew he probably wouldn't have been strong enough to make it through the winter, even with the pack to care for them. She dug out a few of the strips of meat and nibbled on one as she tossed the package to the newest pack member with a smile at the words she'd spoken. "Beef jerky, the humans had a few good ideas.. it carries light and a quick meal when you're on the move." She chewed on one of the pieces, savoring the peppery taste as nodded. "It's easy to fall in love here.. " she admitted, though she wasn't for certain if she was talking of love of the lands, the family, or of another.. but perhaps she'd find out over time.