sweet and sour
He'd struck a never with the girl and her emerald eyes flashed as she growled softly. "I'm not miserable here!" she said as she glared at the two toned male before her. She'd never been miserable with the land or her pack or with wandering the grounds, it had been the damn issue at hand where she'd made the mistake and got caught in the middle of a war. The clan was her source of misery, or atleast one soul there truly. "I made a mistake, that's all!" Her feather's were ruffled and the woman tried to calm herself as she groomed her fur down a few moments trying to sooth her irritated emotions. "I'm sure you've never made a mistake.." she said dryly.

The woman hadn't exactly made a mistake, there was no knowing that she would have been the one who'd been left behind or that there would have been someone who would have had a grand time using a prisoner to the last extend. She narrowed her eyes and ignored the last part of the question as she continued on. "Something here? Right.. are you sure you're just not hunting up excuses." she figured the male had no where else to go or was afraid of a more highly congested area. She had been taken back the first time she'd arrived in one of the larger eastern style towns where the wolves were taking over.. now though it wasn't so glam.
[html]

Bi-colored eyes lifted to the emerald ones as the lady began to defend her answer, but Leland merely shrugged. Of course he had made mistakes, everyone did at one point or another. However none of them he would change or do over. They were all experiences he valued, for the led to more interesting situations, or in the very least, he could learn from them. The female before him had said coming back here was a mistake, and she did indeed seem miserable, at least right now. However Leland wouldn’t press the issue. Arguing with female could be like talking to a rock, at least that’s how his father had always felt.

"Nah, I’m not huntin’ up excuses. There’s something fer me here, jus’ don’t know what yet. Don’t you ever get feelin’s like that? Jus’ knowin’ that somethin is gonna happen, either good or bad, but it’s comin’?" Leland spoke sweetly, trying to diffuse the negative feelings that seemed to swell up in Firefly. Surely she could relate to that? Or maybe not everyone believed in fate and followed it blindly. However, it sure made life more interesting to live that way.

[/html]
She was growing to regret not having lashed out at the male in the first place or turning and running with the wind. Words were cruel heartless reminders of the truth, of the past and of the nothing she had now. Maybe she was just being a child, but in all honesty she was a mere babe, it was her right to act childish and stubborn.. she beleived there was little future, the darkness closing around in what she once may have dreamed of. She narrowed her eyes at the male as he tried to sway her with pretty words and painted pictures.

Her words were bitter as she replied. "Living for what may be the death of us all?" The mocking tone was thrown at the male as she stared at him in disbelief. She might not be wise in years but she was no fool. Firefly had always made her own paths to follow, this one that had been cast for her was something new and the wild ride was hardly begun. She wanted nothing to do with a world where you just waited for the good or the bad. She'd take the world and make it her own or die trying. This was her misstep, her mistake.. but she would glue the peices back together and make the dark mirror she gazed into whole again without this foolish fate the male before her tried so hard to make sound so good.
[html]

Leland merely shook his head at the female. The bitterness flowed from her mouth, yet Leland was not biting onto her bait, not this time. He had felt bad because of her, once before, without reason, he would not play the game twice. The husky would continue to be pleasant and kind, for as long as this female could stand it, but he decided that his day would not be ruined because this female preferred clinging to hurt feelings than looking forward. "We’re all gonna die one day miss, no use trying to fight that. That too will come in good time, when fate feels like taking us, there’s nothing to do ‘bout that. In the meantime I can enjoy my life, whatever comes me way." Leland would accept what life threw at him, trying to make the most of it, rather than fighting against the current. This young lass was fighting the current and if Leland had to describe her, he would say she was drowning, losing that fight. No one had to be miserable unless they wished to, Leland believed that.

[/html]
She just bared her fangs at his way of thinking and shook her head. The girl was going to have none of whatever he was selling this day and she was running out of patience for his game. Stepping away from the male she glared at him for a brief second before spatting. "I will make my own choices in life. There's no such thing as Fairytales or fate..." She narrowed her eyes as she turned away, her tail held high as the fur along her neck bristled. She didn't like being reminded of all those things the world believed in. She didn't believe in them and she didn't want to have to deal with the wishy washy world that they thought existed with happiness and dreams.

She paused a moment as she grumbled. "Wishes don't come true either!" she shot back before she let her paws take control and quick as a flash she was racing through the underbrush and far from the strangely marked hybrid. Maybe oneday when her world settled down she would relized that no matter what choices she made she didn't have complete control over her little world.. but she wasn't about to admit that now, she was headstrong and bitter.. and she was gone.