another.
[html]
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... boomer.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; background-color: #c0c0c0;">
Cool waves lapped at his ankles as he hummed an unrecognisable tune. His belongings were placed in a neat pile up on the shore--the bag on bottom and his poncho folded and draped over the top. The rumbling in his tummy was growing more and more difficult to ignore, but fishing was a sport of patience. Fortunately, the Australian had a remarkable amount of this. Fishing with poles or nets was something that he had learned to do practically since birth--even before he could contribute, he'd watched some of the other villagers doing it.
Before too long, he felt a tug on the line. Instantly his ears pricked forward and the humming stopped as he tried to focus. Giving it a quick jerk to snag the fish, he began turning the crank to reel it in. It felt like it had some good weight to it, but all of a sudden that weight and the tension was gone. Ah; the bugger had gotten away. Shrugging, he continued to reel in his line. The lure was still attached, so he cast it again. Sooner or later, this was bound to pay off.

table by jesile/amanda! <3

[/html]
Iskata had been sitting crosslegged on a dune along the shore watching the stranger fishing in the waters. She had been quietly thinking about the last time she'd seen anyone attempting to fish with poles.. there were only two souls besides herself that came to mind, two souls she missed quite a bit. It had been seasons since she'd seen the grey wolf and moons since she'd seen the hybrid lass that was closest to her, yet farthest away. She closed her eyes and sighed softly, wondering where the world kept taking those she held dear, yet knowing there was no point in wondering since it never really gave her an answer.

Her sun shot sky eyes openned again as she watched the male attempting to land a large one by the pull on the line. Her own ears pricked forward with interest, yet the moment was lost as the fish got away. She smirked at the idea, remembering how many had got away from the lines that Faolin and she had used. With Tsunami she'd had better luck, but perhaps she wasn't giving the poor bloke a chance yet.

Rising to her feet as the winds whipped around the soft silky sundress, brushing against her silver and gold fur as the lady made her way towards the odd stranger. His appearance was slightly like a coyote yet with sharper edges. She didn't know what to think or even if he was dangerous, but she was curious and she couldn't sit on the dune forever watching the tawny hued male.

Her soft voice broke between the waves, "You fish often..." she asked. Such a strange thing to say to a male you never knew, but it wasn't everyday you caught a queer looking fellow attempting to catch fish in such a fashion.
[html]
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... boomer.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; background-color: #c0c0c0;">
The sandy female must have been one hell of a master of disguise! Boomer started slightly as a voice sounded behind him; how had he not noticed her before? Crickey, he must've been zoning out again. One hand rose up to scratch behind his ears thoughtfully as he peered at her with curious golden eyes. I suppose so; been doin' it since as long as I can remember, at least, he said with a light laugh, shrugging, Australian accent muddled with countless others to the point it was practically unrecognisable. Seafood was basically all he'd eaten during the journey across the Atlantic, and in some ways it surprised him that he wanted it again so soon. After landfall, he'd been on a strictly mammalian diet for a few weeks... rabbit, squirrel, woodchuck... deer while he was still with the others and they could hunt in a group.
But today, he'd decided he missed the taste of fish and that it was probably one of the easiest ways to get food. It might have taken about the same amount of time (or more) than tracking down and planning a hunt, but there was no chase involved--the food came right to you! Just then, he felt another tug on his line. A delighted smile crossed his face, and he gave the line a quick jerk. The fish on the other end struggled to get away, but Boomer reeled in the line quickly. He didn't want this one to get away! Before long, the fish was out of the water and thrashing about wildly. He grasped it firmly in one hand then with a quick, calculated snap broke its spine. It stopped moving, he tossed it to the ground on shore, and cast out the line again. Now that he had company, he'd need to catch at least another fish.

[/html]
She smiled at the strange accent that lent spice to the exotic male before her. She had grown use to the voices of those who had lived in these lands for so long and the sound of a new soul always sparked interest in the silver and gold woman. She flicked her bejeweled ears back and forth as the sands whipped across the beach softly while the male continued at his sport. Her words were soft when she admitted, "I've tried my hand at it once or twice.. I'm not for certain if I have the patience to keep at it for a living.." she joked. The girl was patient, though she could just idle and watch the world go by, fishing was somewhat along the same lines. She'd rather be in the mists of it all, absorbed in the very center of life.. not sitting on the sidelines and watching the world float by.. though from time to time the idea was a sweet one.

Suddenly it seemed that time had paid off and the male had finally won the battle with the beast of the sea. She grinned at the catch when he brought it to shore, "So, what brought you here, I'm sure there's better places to fish out there?" She wasn't trying to run the boy off, she was rather curious as to who he was, of all the creatures she'd met across the times she'd never seen one that looked like the boy before her. Her head tilted to the side as she watched him cast another line. She chuckled, "I'd watch out, I've heard some of the fish out there are strong enough to drag the fisher out to see.. instead of the opposite way around." she grinned at the male, the joke a slight one, though she'd seen fish large enough to eat a wolf thrown up on the shores of these very beaches.
[html]
Boomer would always be a creature of emotion and whim--he went wherever the tide took him. It was much more enjoyable to go with the flow rather than be pressured with deadlines or obligations. If he was feeling spontaneous he'd pick up and go somewhere new and exciting, but if he was content where he was he saw no reason to push onward "just because." So what if there might be something better elsewhere if he was already happy where he was? Eventually the novelty of a place would wear off and he'd move on. At the very least, that's what'd happened to him so far throughout life--he'd gotten held up in places like China, India, and Spain. Travelling through the deserts of the Middle East had been an enjoyable journey, and he'd savoured the breathtakingly clear desert nights... but mere sand wasn't enough to hold his interest, so he'd never stayed in one place for more than a day.
I don't suppose I can know what's the best place to fish until I've fished everywhere, he said lightly, although there was some seriousness in it. He'd already seen a lot more of the world than some people had and he'd always be grateful for that. Still, he hadn't gone full circuit once yet and he was already past his fourth birthday. He wondered if he ought to try to see everything while he still could, then pick the best place to settle down before he got too old to travel. Then again, he'd picked up a good amount of skilled training over the years--maybe he could attract a younger apprentice when he got that old and they could travel around together while he exchanged his knowledge for food and transportation.
As for her concerns, he simply laughed. I can always get another fishing pole... I'm sure I'd let it go before it drug me out too far. Simple problem, simple solution, right? Just then, he felt a tug on his line. He reeled in the fish quickly; this one came in without a hitch. It was slightly smaller than the first fish and clearly of a different species. He didn't really recognise either--all he knew was that they weren't toxic like some of the fish found around his native Australia (or in tropical water in general). After promptly killing it, he moved back to shore. He put the pole down and whipped out a knife and deftly cut both fish in half lengthwise. Now they could have equal portions and get to try both kinds of fish. He held up the two slices to the female, who he now had a chance to get a better look at. Now we can eat up! he said with a grin.

[/html]
The woman wasn't for certain what to think of this stranger with the exotic accent. His words were tempting enough to make you want to hang onto every word and just enough to make you forget just what you were talking about in the first place for. She'd always been a fool for the tongues of other lands, the spice and excitement of it all was silly but something about those voices just made her want to act like a puppy again. To run about and laugh for no reason, to tease and romp, roughhouse and just be plain foolish. She knew well enough that those voices caught her in a trap every time. It was too easy to crush on the exotic foriegn wonders of this strange world.

She shook her head, ridding her mind of the silly thoughts as she smiled at his comment. She had barely been out of the territories along these lands much less ever away from the shores. She believed that the male had been much farther than she'd ever dreamed of going and she wondered just how far his paws had taken him. "..And anything else besides fishing?" She grinned as she spoke. It's more than apparent you're not from around here..." Now why had she said that, it sounded so stupid outloud..

It seemed that in mere moments she forgot all about her stupid comment as she found herself laughing along with the stranger. She shook her head and spoke truthfully. "IF one catches you off guard don't think I'm jumping in after you, k?" She nodded seriously as she tried not to let out the snicker that was tempting to escape. She could almost imagine him being pulled into the deep salty waters and having to drag himself back in to shore like a drought rat.

Almost as soon as she had spoken those words it seemed that he'd finished his sport of fishing with a second catch. She watched as he quickly killed the fish and sliced them up equally. When she was presented with half his catch she smiled at the male and thanked him for sharing. "To dining with strangers!" she joked as she settled down, tucking her legs under her body and watching the male out of the corner of her eye.