And the Werewolves Cry
[html]
There's times I wish I was different. I'm sure everyone has those, but mine... They're so real I can taste them.

Outside, birds sang and bugs chirped and the trees whispered secrets to one another, but inside, it was blissfully silent save his own thoughts, and the faint ringing that occasionally accompanied them. He'd come through the lands that Tayui had owned- he knew she had, she was nothing less than a leader- and into these wild, emaciated woods. They were calming, a blanket above and a blanket below to muffle the footsteps he couldn't hear, open space to see all that went on around him.

It was lovely, but his mission was failing. He hadn't a clue where Tayui was now, her scent trail had jumbled and gone soft after leaving the mountainside, and now he was lost in a place he didn't know. He would try and keep it together, but he had never been alone for long. There had always been someone by his side, even if they were silent, even if they weren't really there. Agani ignored those now. Because he could not help.

Now, he could not even help himself, as his long strides had no purpose, and his swaying head could neither see nor hear a new direction in which he could travel. All parts of him wished for clear, solid help, help that he could feel.
[/html]
[html]

Alexey was on her way back from Halcyon Mountain where she had encountered a strange crimson-eyed male. Thanks to their rather entertaining conversation, she could now safely assume that all canines residing close to Inferni were all bloody insane- every single one of them. The Circee had made it halfway through the Dampwoods, where she made sure to take an absurdly large detour toward the coast. With the way she was feeling, impatient and irritable, she considered it wise to avoid running into coyotes. Of course, that probably meant she wouldn't make it back to Dahlia de Mai before nightfall, but between getting into a fight and traveling a few more miles, Lexey didn't really mind the extra exercise.

She accelerated her pace a little, moving as fast she could. Her wounds had healed nicely, and running didn't prove to be as painful as a week ago. A silhouette eventually appeared amidst towering pine trees, causing Alexey to double her efforts in order to catch up to the so-called shadow. Putting an extra strain on her recently injured leg definitely wasn't wise, but the Dahlian often did the exact opposite of what was best for her anyway. The male looked a little lost, and unlike the wolf she'd met a couple of hours ago, he looked sane enough.

"Hey!" she called out, slowing down as she finally caught up to him. "Where you headin'?"

[/html]
Have fun playing with Agani's volume level ;D

[html]
I know you can hear me, I know you can hear me, look at me, listen to what I have to say.

He felt her before he heard her. The pine needles spoke to his feet and told him she was coming, and he turned to see a lopsided stroke on her leg as she ran, a mouth that opened to speak and was silent. But she was alive. She was very much alive, whether the things trying to get his attention behind her were or not. Ignore them, and their cries. They were just as silent as she.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I c-c-can't hear you." His ears flicked, the bone cuff on the left tapping against the human barbells his teacher had pierced into the right, and he lowered his carrying pack to the ground, hoping she'd be able to point him in a direction whether he could hear her or not. As per usual, he felt awkwardly huge around normal wolves, and ended up folding himself down to the ground rather than slouching, in an attempt to seem less... Beanie. "My ears... Don't wo-work."
[/html]

D'oh, I have no way to wordcount -Facepalm-
[html]

Her hopes of meeting someone 'normal' went out the window with this one. When he'd first stated that he couldn't hear her, Alexey taught that maybe she hadn't initially spoken loud enough. She was about to repeat her previous statement when he provided her with a more in depth explanation. His ears didn't work. The two-year-old tried to make sense of that, all the while attempting to hide her shock. After psycho bunny killer came the deaf giant. Needless to say, this definitely wasn't her lucky day.

"Uh okay," she stated dumbly, trying to find something coherent to say. Could he atleast read lips or something? The honey-eyed wolfess was at a disadvantage; she wasn't a luperci, and thus couldn't shift. Not being able to shift meant that she couldn't make signs to communicate with him. This was a bad situation. "Do you need any help?" she asked, making sure to articulate slowly enough for him to read her lips. What the hell had she gotten herself into?

[/html]
[html]
She tried, he had to give her that, and not for the first time he wished there had been another way to block them out. He wanted to hear her, and the birds and the wind, but not... The others. They asked too much he couldn't give. Even their eyes asked, but... He could pretend he did not see. Instead he tried to look encouraging.

"Help?"

She didn't seem to be asking for it, so he assumed she meant to ask if he needed any. He scritched at his chest, half an inquiring gesture towards himself, half force of habit, and said, "I could use some, I think. I'm looking for someone." He paused and smiled, trying to articulate why he needed to find Tayui. To find a parent or a sibling or even a friend was so common, there needed to be a way to make her sound special. The way she was.

"She's important to me," was what he settled for.
[/html]
[html]

Alexey looked relieved as the male seemed to catch on. She nodded energically as he uttered the word "help" and gestured toward himself, something she found incredibly... adorable, in a peculiar way. The deaf giant had the whole cuteness factor going on, she had to give him that much. Perhaps it was pity that made her see him that way, but she highly doubted it. Lexey was not the type of woman to pity strangers, not when there was a possibility that they deserved whatever had happened to them. Granted, the lanky male didn't look anything like a sadomasochistic killer, but appearances are not always what they seem. Still waters run deep.

"Girlfriend of yours?" she inquired, as he mentionned how important his friend was. Half a teasing smile was on Lexey's lips, until she realized that he probably couldn't hear what she was saying. Clearing her throat and returning to the matter at hand, she finally asked a serious question: "What's her name?" The Koios femme didn't know many people outside of Dahlia de Mai, so unless his friend was actually a packmate of hers, there was little chance that she'd be able to help him find whoever it was he was looking for.

[/html]
[html]Sorry this took so long ;_;

She seemed amused. Agani was actually kind of glad for that, because it meant she was sympathetic to his plight, and it meant that he didn't need to worry so much. The nervous look on his face relaxed into an awkward grin even as he tried to figure out what she was saying, exactly. He absently drew on the ground as he did that, his ears working to catch the sounds he could not hear, and his eyes trained almost severely on the female. No one-

You can see me, you can see me. Listen!

Behind her. Name! Agani knew that word, and made a dramatic face at himself.

"That would have h-h-helped, huh?" he asked, hoping his tone was right. It was hard sometimes to know how he sounded now, after not hearing his voice but for in his head for the past months. "Her name is T-t-tayui, she's my... mum." It was a lie, but the female didn't know that. She didn't need to know his life story, with all the angsty, generally bizarre details he still lied to himself about. After a moment, a thought struck him.

"And I'm Agani."
[/html]
[html]

Alexey's gaze moved toward the ground as the male provided her with a name. No matter how badly she wanted to help, she simply did not know Tayui. The Circee could relate to his situation though, which made it harder to deliver the bad news. She hadn't seen her own mother since the month of June now, and every once in a while, Lexey would wonder how the old lady was doing.

She shook her head before meeting his hazel eyes once again. "Can't say I know her. Sorry," she stated bluntly, suddenly feeling a little awkward. The two-year-old kept on talking though, hoping to change the topic of conversation. "Nice to meet you, Agani," she offered with a warm smile, before introducing herself. "I'm Alexey." The little she-wolf pronounced her name slowly and exageratedly, finding it important for the male to understand.

It frustrated her to know that she would never be able to normally discuss things with him, because she did enjoy his presence.

[/html]
[html]
She didn't know Tayui, he could tell that more from her body language than her words. Words delivered unhappily were hard to decipher through lips, but he appreciated the effort she was making to communicate with him.

She continued on though, the ringing in his ears altering faintly in pitch, and her relaxed expression allowed him to read her more easily. So he did, like she was a furry, four-legged book. A very interesting one at that. He smiled at her.

"Thank you, Lexey," he said. "I'll f-f-find her, I'm sure." As he said this, he dug through his deerskin bag, pulling bits and bobs out and scattering them over the forest floor before he withdrew a smallish, flat chunk of slate. With a bit more digging, a crushed piece of pink chalk was found.

"If you can sh-sh-shift, I can read well," he offered, rubbing his arm across the slate to clear away dust and debris.

Or you can listen to me.
[/html]