words from afar
ooc: vague on the den.. because I don't know if it's ahouse or a actual den.. so yeah. and Iskata is gone from the den.. just so you know.. she just left the letter for her. XD

She did it only because she couldn't bring herself to burn the words. She hadn't burnt the pages of the letter that had been written to her though now they were barely readable.. She'd moved on to the lands of Esper Hollow with a letter to her daughter from the man she'd once loved. Iskata didn't know how she felt anymore but she had her duties and she'd fulfil them atleast.

Kaden had informed her that Ember had been living in the new lands and armed with that knowledge she'd set out looking for the girl. She hadn't found her but the scent of her daught was strong in what the Matriarch had decided had to be the place the girl had decided to call her den, the scent of her mate hung in the air as well, though Iskata tried to move past the happiness that her daughter must be drowning in.

She placed the letter in the center of the home and turned to go, the opening line of Phoenix's words dancing on the page as she turned away.

To my daughter, Ember:

I am so sorry for not being there in your greatest time of need. When I was your age I was still alone in the world and longing for a family of my own. I swore an oath that if I ever had children, I would never abandon them as my father had abandoned me. And now, ironically, I was forced to leave you to rescue your two surviving brothers from my father.

He did not die, as I always believed. He was taken by wolves who live as humans and take their own kind as slaves to serve them or fight for no reason other than their pleasure. But rather than fight the evil, he joined them, and now fights against me on their behalf. I was locked away and only brought out to fight to the death against other wolves, but instead of giving in, I chose to fight and convinced my fellow fighters to join me. Now We are leading a whole rebellion of slaves, but the wolves who took us are many, and have weapons and resources we do not have.

I wanted nothing more than to be there for you and your mother and your siblings and live out the rest of my days in peace and happiness. But whatever beings are in power are not that kind. So long as these wolves remain unopposed they are free to take whoever they desire and terrorize the lands, and I can not allow that to happen. I also can not just leave with Moon knowing that so many other wolves are suffering. I know you once looked up to me, my child. I hope that you will be proud of me for what I am trying to do. At the very least, I beg for your forgiveness.

Do not forget that I love you and always will.

Your father,
Phoenix

Iskata didn't care what her daughter did with the letter from her daughter, the silver and gold lady was glad it was out of her hands though, as the man obviously wished to be out of her life. She left the creamy papers with the inked scribbles laying there for the world to see, yet nothing in them could begin to make her understand why her mate hadn't returned.