kickin' it back like ols school
WC:309

The land under her paws where her home, they where something that she had felt a longing for. Though she knew her old home had been flooded, she missed her old Tribe. She was nothing more than the rank of scout, which just meant if there was a battle she was the first one there. The lady’s heart was in teaching, she wanted to teach the younger members what to use for everyday things. She knew moss would pick up the blood, but spider webs would help stop the bleeding, but they where a sticky mess, and a rather pain to put onto someone. Her golden eyes looked around exploring the lands. These where all so new to her, she had been in the house and the barn with the gold and cream leader, but she had made the choice to live like she did back in the tribe, in a hollow underground den that she dug for her-self, she would start hunting for her-self once she gained the muscle mass back, she would offer the meat up to the pack and the fur, well she wanted that for her den, it would make it nice and soft, she knew she could layer it with straw and fur to make her sleeping area that much better.
She flexed in the mud, she snarled. She hated the mud, mud had driven out her tribe killing some, and leaving the one’s that didn’t leave or die, to starve. She hated the rain, hated it more than close minded beings. She shook her head, she looked around, and the sun was trying to poke though. The thunder kept it hidden though, the lady sighed. Walking though these lands, the lady moved further into the lands then she had been, this was her first official day here after being accepted into the pack.
Iskata had just been out checking on the lifestock while there was still some sunlight left in the day. She was beginning to worry about what they would do about getting hay put up for the winter if the rain was so bad that there was no way to dry out the alfalfa. She knew that it couldn't rain forever but she could still worry and fret. She had moved off away from the path, catching the scent of the newcomer of the pack once more. She smiled to herself and wondered just what the girl was upto.

Shaking the waters from her pelt from running through the cattle pen she smirked at the ideas that the newcomer had given her on keeping the water off her back and chuckled. Iskata wasn't against trying new things, hell what she'd brought to this pack was strange to most of them but it was change and change could be good. She'd learned overtime not to judge change.. but over time change hadn't always been good to the silver and gold lady.

It took her a good while to find the hybrid lady but when Iskata finally did she ley out a bark of greeting and a soft smile lit her lips. She wasn't sure why but putting her life into the pack seemed to make up for the broken heart she never could seem to heal.
wc: 318

She was getting use to how her life was going to be going, though it was just taking her a while to get use to how the lands where set up, she wanted to avoid going near the strange places if she could, it wasn’t that she wasn’t open for changes, it was more just she was scare to change to much in case one of the old tribe members would come to take her away. She didn’t want them to not be able to take her back to the old lands because she had submerged her-self into a new life style off the path that she was raised to take. She wanted that chance to go home if it was offered to her, though she knew that would never happen, she knew most of them she would never see, if she would ever see any of them ever again. The odd colored lady saw the lady she knew as Iskata, the leader of these lands. It was nice to feel like she was actually wanted in these lands. It was slowly becoming her home. Seeing the leader she could see something was off in her eyes, the shimmer and sparkle that was there when they first meet was dimmed, she raised her head up to the left side a bit with a smile yipping back a found greeting to the lady.
Making her way towards her, the mix breed let her tail shake freely as she was truly happy to see the first face that she met in these lands greeting her so sweetly. ”How are you today M’Lady Sadira?” The lady had cleaned her-self fairly well last night was for a first time she had found her-self going without the fish oil to coat her skin and fur in months. She wasn’t going to ask her about the lost o shimmer in her eyes just yet.
The silver and gold lady smiled as she heard the greeting of one of the newest members of the pack. She relaxed a little bit as she saw the simple happiness in the other lady's movements and grace as she came to meet Iskata. The words that greeted her were met with a half shrug as she paused and eyed the hybrid woman before her. "I'll live, the world is a busy place and I'm keeping myself busy in it." She chuckled sourly at the thought of how she'd kept her mind off the bitter thoughts that piled in her mind.

Flicking the dew from her pelt she eyed the lass before her and admitted. "I noticed you've refrained from your own suggestion.." she said with a wink. The softer subtle scent of the wolf before her was a lot easier on the nose than the fish oil that the other had coated her pelt with on their past meeting. Iskata could learn to ignore the scent but she liked not having to keep her mind off an odor when she didn't need to. There was enough she was trying to keep off her mind as it was.
wc:325

Aroha laughed, all in good fun. She sat down in front of the lady dipping her head to her, greeting the leader of these lands. She lifted her head up only slightly keeping it below the leaders, she was pretty sure that it would be fine to hang her head normally and not worry about it being any higher or lower. The mix breed smiled and gave a soft nod, ”Yeah..I’ve been working on making a den; I want it small enough that I can fit into it without the rain coming in. Soon once the warm fall days start coming I will be making a mix of dung, mud and water to make a past to make sure it don’t fall in, well after I use some stick in the roof to brace it.”

She blinked and wined trying not to let the dew drop hit her, she didn’t like being wet. She knew that illness followed being wet from long period of time. The female smiled, her side lip hinting at something with sympathy, she knew there was something wrong. ”Iskata you need to breath, you have two other leaders. Let them help you. Now what’s bothering you my dear friend?” The lady shifted her weight around as she kneeled down over her paws she was willing to give the lady three whole moons to talk about what was on her mind, well it was only a statement, she would give her as much time as she needs. Her amber eyes focused upon the lady, with a smile, she would let the lady in trust her with anything. She really hadn’t a soul to tell to, she felt other then Iskata she was a loner in a pack of wolves. She knew only in time would that feeling change and maybe she would meet and greet other members and they would learn to trust her like the leader in front of her did.
Iskata noticed as the woman laughed that she still had issues greeting the leader as an equal. Iskata didn't comment on the stance of her packmate, she just hoped that overtime the lady would come to find that there was no need for the formalities of the old world. When Aroha admitted what she'd been upto lately Iskata smiled at how the lass was settling in. She had spent quite a bit of time in the pack's den in her old pack before finding a place of her own. She tried to ignore the fact that the lady was going to use dung to strengthen the home but she couldn't help but wrinkle her nose when the words were spoken.

She chuckled and shook her head. "Well, I've always been fond of digging my dens within the roots of old trees or residing in caves.. I don't have that much knowledge of how to keep one newly made from colapsing. .so I'll take your word on the ingredients for perfect bonding there." her eyes sparkled slightly at the idea but she just merely shook her head and settled down.

When Aroha began to speak on Iskata's current busy schedule the woman sighed and turned her eyes away as she was asked that question that she knew more than enough the answers too. She was quiet a moment before turning her eyes back to the lass as she spoke. "Hel's busy preparing for her first litter.. and Deuce has to start gathering her apothacary supplies for the winter.." Iskata knew that they were weak answers but it was the truth.. as well as the knowledge that Deuce was trying to work with DaVinci in helping her daughter.

Flicking her ears back and forth Iskata admitted. "I recently received some letters from my mate.. and he's not coming home anytime soon." Her voice became brittle as she forced the last words. She really didn't want to think on the real worries on her mind but here she was just blurting them out. She never thought she would have come out and just vented her issues to a newly met packmate, but everyonce in a while even leaders needed a friend.
The heart masked lady smiled, and laughed lightly. The leader never questioned her more then known odd ways of how she made the choice to live her life in these lands. Ahora knew that she had come from a different way of life, and she was going to have a hard time finding a land that lived any way close to what she did. Thankful though, she was that the leader here understood that she was in fact from a different way of life, and that she did not demand her to change her ways. Ahroa smiled and nodded, hearing everything that the leaders where doing, some was taking care of children, the other making sure the pack would have the healing stuff that wasn’t going to be around in winter. The new member just hoped that there wasn’t going to be a war any time soon. The pack would need a lot more herbs for healing if there was. Though Ahora knew that it was good to have a back stock of the product.

The female ears flipped back watching the lady’s face, it wasn’t something of joy, and no it was more of sadness. The female gave a soft whimper with a nod, she felt her pain, and she missed her old tribe members just as dearly as a lover would miss there mate. The female stood up as she walked over to the lady, taking a risk that she knew could very well get her hurt as she dropped her head upon the lady’s shoulder. Resting her head there for just a few second the female hopped back to look at the lady. ”I am so sorry, but he still loves you, and you love him…maybe one day he will come back for you.”
Iskata had been sitting there in the small silence between the two of them, she'd become lost in her worrisome thoughts again and yet out of nowhere she'd almost startled when Ahora laid her head upon Iskata's shoulder. When she realized what exactly was happening she relaxed and sighed softly, realizing how she missed having her old friends about whom had comforted one another in the same manner so many times. The moment faded so quickly as the hybrid woman moved away from Iskata's shoulder, the warmth still there as the silver and gold Matriarch's eyes rose to meet those of Ahora.

The words she spoke made Iskata's eyes flicker with mixed emotions as she shook her head and gaze down the misty meadow as she admitted. "but it's not just me he's not returning home to." She knew she was making excuses but she was so angry, so torn apart. She whispered softly as her eyes moved slowly back to Ahora's face. "I'm not certain how I feel anymore.." She still cared for her chocolate hued mate but her whole life she'd been betrayed, left behind and abandoned by those she cared for.. and he knew that.. to leave her behind when given the chose was like a slap to the face.
She had been in that world before falling in love, and knowing that what you once had was gone, and the odds of it coming back was gone, in case of the female in front of the hybrid lady sat some one that faced it that her lover wasn’t coming back. Ahora still can’t believe that her one wasn’t comeing back for her. The female looked to her leader, her eyes where hurt, she was trying to mask it, like she had done at the border, but she wasn’t. She gave a slow nod, understanding, or at least trying to. ”Your brave.”

Ahora dipped her head. A she lifted it back up, trying not to let her own feelings slip though.”Do you know for a fact that he is not coming back? Ever?” The lady wanted to help her the best she could, but by doing so she would have to dig into the female’s heart, and mind.
Iskata bowed her head at the words that Ahora granted her. She wanted to correct the woman, she was not brave, she was bitter and her heart was icy. The man she'd called her mate had known the pains that she'd been through in her past and he still proceeded to drag her down and out. She laughed sadly and shook her head as she gave up arguing with herself and just finally said it. "No I'm not, if I was we wouldn't be having this conversation.." She didn't want to sound like she was being a bitch but it was the truth, if she'd been stronger and braver she'd have been able to face this alone and not be pouring her soul out to her family like pack.

When Ahora asked her the last question Iskata narrowed her eyes as she gazed off into the distance and spoke, her words were crisp as she admitted. "He may be returning.. but I'm not certain if he'll be coming back here." He had walked down that path alone and knowingly broken Iskata's trust. Before they'd even walked down that road he'd known each and ever pain and distrust that had frozen over her beating heart.. and now like everyother before him he'd done the same and once more she was a frosty ice queen.