living breathing demons
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Like the city that they had all utilized before, Corona knew the things that she would no doubt find. Every city, at least a city of this particular size, had a hospital. Hospitals were notorious for having the things that she needed because she just happened to be the sort that dealt with the healing instead of the death sentence dealing (although she could have been in that business too). Despite the dust that lingered in the bland, nearly colourless walls and the patterned tile floors, it hadn't been ransacked as horribly as she would have imagined it to be.

_____It was in these kind of places that her knowledge of man's language came into great play; her comprehension of their tongue made it remarkably easy to read what the signs said and get a general feel of where to go and what to be looking for. What sun shined in the windows through the clouds helped to better light the place, though not in the areas that Corona wanted it, necessarily. Stepping into a darkened exam room, she started to rummage through the cabinets, barely giving her eyes enough time to adjust to the sudden departure of the sun in the other room as she picked over the contents. Placing a few things in her pouch that she had brought along, she soon left that room and returned to wandering down the empty walls to find more deserted rooms of interest.

[/html]
[html]

Obvoiusly it's up to you if she hits or not. LOL 335 words

She was out of bandages. Ahren's claws had dug in when he'd broken her ribs, and some seemed to be infected. She was taking goldenroot, and willow, and chamomile, and a few other herbs, but they weren't helping much. She didn't want to leave the pack lands, but she had no choice. She had to get more bandages. In her periodic wanderings through the city, she'd passed the hospital. now was the time to enter. As she entered, she could smell the aroma that humans always referred to as the 'hospital smell'. It wasn't entirely unpleasant. It was a clean smell, actually.
She glanced at the signs, heading deeper into the hospital. Along the way she picked up on a smell. Another being was here. Someone from Inferni. Her mind immediately jumped to Ahren, thanks to her rcent run in with him. She couldn't remember what he'd smelled like the day he'd attacked her again. it didn't matter. This time she had the upper hand. She glanced around for something to use as a weapon. A large paperweight was sitting on some papers in the nurse's station.
She picked it up, hefting it. it was heavy and metallic. perfect. She was a healer, but she'd crack his skull open. She hadn't done anything to deserve getting hurt by him. Not a damn thing. She followed his scent. Nothing moved as she stalked the halls. in the back of her mind, something told her this wasn't right. She ignored it. He could have killed her. Why shouldn't she return the favor?
And there he was in front of her, his back to her. Her lips drew back from her teeth in a feral, almost crazy grin. Her bi-colored eyes glittered with the anticipation of revenge. Her arm seemed to drift up. in her mind she could already see the blood splattering as the paperweight crushed his skull. And then she charged, swinging the paperweight with all her might at his skull, screaming as she did so.

[/html]
Same to you, in this case. XD;
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Though she only spent a meagre amount of time in the care of her mother, Corona had learnt things from Kaena that had ultimately kept her alive. She was no great fighter, but she was very aware of her surroundings nine times out of ten. So it was long before she heard the feral scream of rage behind her that she knew someone else was around. Her breathing stilled the closer the sound of nails on the tail became, her body tensed as the tension between the two creatures reached a breaking point and when it broke, the steps came much faster.

_____She was wide-eyed when she finally turned to meet the quickly approaching attacker and assessed things without entirely processing what to do; she narrowly missed the swing of the paperweight as it sailed past her arm, barely grazing the hair there. Now if that wasn't a snap to just how serious this woman wanted to bludgeon her, Corona didn't know what would get that point across… but it was also foolish on the attacker's part to come to a fight injured. And it was towards that injured set of ribs Corona aimed to connect a return blow.

[/html]
[html]

^^
I'm not gonna say what Corona does while Deuce passes out. So if she chooses to move Deuce and tie her up, it's all good. In other words, feel free to pp with Deuce while she's out. Big Grin

The paperweight missed. Before Deuce could bring it around again, Ahren swung at her ribs. As the blow connected, Deuce realized that this hybrid couldn't be Ahren. Builds were simular, but that was mostly it. And then her world expolded in a burst of pain. The paperweight fell from her hands, and she stumbled backwards, gasping for breath as her ribs set her body on fire. Black filled her vision and she fell heavilly on her rear, sending another bright burst of pain off in her body.
She sat there gasping frantically, trying to get her lungs to fill with air. The fact that she couldn't get a full breath scared her more, making her gasps even more frantic. She tried to slow her breathing, but her body wasn't co-operating. The darkness moved closer and she could see shadowy figures waiting for her. Figures she hadn't seen in a long time.
Darkness overwhelmed her and her head hit the floor as her body toppled backwards. Passing out was her body's way of making her control her breathing. She could see colors and hear music. She was utterly unaware of time and her physical location. She was floating.

[/html]
*salutes... also got carried away!*
[html]

_____She hadn't drove her punch in very hard, but it was enough to drive the attacked into a dazed state, though she more or less put her own lights out when her head met the floor. It took Corona a couple of moments to grapple with the fact that everything had been so sudden. There was no doubt in her mind that she was being attacked because she was from Inferni, but she didn't know that she was getting it from both sides of the family name and cross she bore. Letting out a breath, she took advantage of the time to look over the white-haired woman, taking note of the wound at her side and the various scars that were noticeable on her body as she crouched down beside her.

_____She'd been in a fight recently, there was a little to deny that based on the wound at her side and Corona momentarily remembered the way Samael and Hybrid had gone after the wolf that had run away from her not all that along ago. Then she had realised what their purpose had been for Inferni and just how much of an opposite hers was. But aside from knocking herself out, she seemed okay, her breathing was regulated, she wasn't overly warm to the touch, and a check of her pulse panned out to tell Corona that she wasn't going to go into shock. If internal bleeding was mostly ruled out, the next thing to do would be to restrain her.

_____Rising up and looking around, Corona decided to check in the room nearest to where they were to find something that would have done the trick. Past the closed door and behind a curtain, she found the restraints, though they were attached to a gurney. But that would certainly do the the trick, and she once she figured out how to get it to move, she pushed it out into the hallway. Lugging the wolf over and onto it wasn't too hard to do either, mostly because her smaller size compared to Corona (even if it was only a few inches or pounds in either way) made the job easier and a couple of minutes later, she had her fastened right on that gurney.

_____Once that was taken care of, she decided that was the most appropriate place to break out the goodies to clean the wound, at which point she started on. It had gotten infected, but that was nothing that a little peroxide and fresh bandages couldn't fix. She could even tell that the wolf had done some of the work herself—she too, could have possibly be a healer of some sort, Corona imagined—but the gold-haired Lykoi chose to stitch up the worse of the wounds, working quietly and quickly. There was a definite part of her that was angry at being attacked in such a place, but that was why she had restrained her, it was why she didn't intend to leave her alone once the job had been done.

_____When the woman had been patched up, Corona rolled the gurney right back into the room where she had found it and closed the door, letting the darkness engulf them entirely save for the low lighting that seeped in around the door frame itself. She'd wait now, fully ready to either undo what she had already done to help if things didn't pan out in the right way. The wolf may have been sorry to ever cross paths with Ahren, but there were no doubt things that Corona was capable of to make her regret ever dealing with one of several who stood at the crux of two kinds of crazy.

[/html]
[html]

I envy your beautiful post. LOL

She had no idea how much time had elapsed when her eyes finally fluttered open. The light had changed. Or was it her location that had changed? She laid there in the mostly darkened room, breathing slowly. The wounds Ahren had given her didn't hurt so much now. She could smell the antiseptic that had been used on her, though she didn't know the name of it. She tried to sit up; the straps on the gurney held her down. She tested both legs and arms. All were secured.
The idea of being trapped make her tremble. Especially being trapped somewhere that she was so unfamiliar with. She whimpered softly. Was her captor still here? Her voice trembled, giving away her deep fear.
"Hel...hello?" It wasn't that she was afraid of the dark. She loved the dark. She was afraid of what laid in the dark. Afraid of what vengance her captor might wreak. Or had she been left tied up to die? She tested the bonds again, more fiercely this time, every muscle in her lithe form trembling.

[/html]
XD;
[html]

_____Quiet minutes eventually gave away to the slow awakening of the woman, who just as Corona had predicted, tested her restraints. Only this time instead of finding the anger that she expected to hear, it was fear that punctured the air instead. Corona had been lingering in the dark on the other side of the room and in every cliché sense of the action, strode cleanly across the short distance and pulled the curtain back sharply. There wasn't the curiosity or concern on her face that had been there before; it had been replaced by anger. It was in the silence that it had gotten the chance to brew and boil.

_____“Who are you,” she demanded lowly, rather than asked. Anything to provoke more fear into her little heart, that was the goal. She didn't need to feel her pulse to be able to imagine the way that it would beat faster, she wanted her to know that her life was more or less at the mercy and hands of the very person she had attacked. And there were plenty of tools in the room that Corona could have easily picked up to use, if that point needed to be put across any more than it seemed it already had been.

[/html]
((Gawd. I fail...sorry for the lateness. D: I'll get better now.))

Deuce shrank back as the curtain was pulled back. She could see the resemblance to Ahren in the way the woman stared at her. It made Deuce's blood run cold. The voice was angry, unfriendly. And why shouldn't it be? Deuce had only tried to brain the hybrid with a paperweight. Aware of the position she was in, she centered her gaze in the vincinty of the hybrid's navel. She swallowed hard before ansering the demand. "I'm Deuce Rhiannon."

She was only dimly aware that her wound was no longer as painful, that the infection was easing, due to the care of the one she'd just tried to kill. And failed. Of course, Deuce was a failure. She had a bad tendency to lose fights, as her second encounter with Ahren had proven. She continued to tremble, though the being hadn't made a move towards her since stopping. "Please, untie me." Her words were a pained whisper. The Shaman was truly frightened, and very repentant. Obviously.
S'okay! I was about to nudge you anyway. XD
[html]
The name didn't mean anything to her, but she would remember it. It would be just as hard to forget her general appearance—white-haired, bi-coloured eyes, not all that common—but for the time being, she had every intention of getting out any and every little bit of information from her. It wouldn't matter to Corona how much she shook or how much she begged, the only emotion that was going to set anything off would be anger. “Why did you attack me?” Why shouldn't she kill her? Why shouldn't she gag her to muffle her cries so no one would hear her and let her rot in that very room? The tone in her voice did not change at all and her sharp gaze was relentless and well focused; pleading would not work out here.
[/html]
[html]
Deuce swallowed again. Her instinct was to shut up, to not speak. To cower. She was a leader, damnit. Why was she in this stupid position? She knew the answer, of course. She was stupid. She was aggressive when she should have just turned and walked away. She closed her bi-colored eyes and took a deep breath. She let it ot, trying to calm herself. Fear would get her nowhere. Anger would get her nowhere. She needed to just stay calm and rational, and answer her captives questions.
"I thought you were Ahren. He's tried to kill me twice now. I...I didn't deserve it, and I wanted to get even. I'm sorry." She wanted to let her gaze focus on her captor's face, but didn't. Submission would serve her better than rebellion.

[/html]
[html]
It wasn't too surprising for her to get mistaken for her father though they had distinct differences. That aside, two rights didn't make a wrong and an apology didn't mean anything. Just from the way that this woman acted, Corona doubted she would mean her apology down the road and from the looks of her, she believed that if her father had tried to kill her, then there was a justified reason for it. It couldn't have been recent either, Corona decided, because he had been sick. He was lucky to be able to stand up on two feet and have enough coordination to light a cigarette. Her outside expression didn't change, but on the inside she felt a looming desire to do damage. “And why shouldn't I kill you for what you've done against me and others? How much do you value your life?” When faced with death, everyone seemed to value their life so much more. When faced with every little piece of tragedy in their face, they valued their life. But when things were fine and the world was on an even keel, they stopped valuing their lives and everything in relation to them.
[/html]
[html]
Deuce whined soflty, her ears flattening against her head in submission and fear. "Please don't kill me..." She really had no good reason to beg for her life. She was a mother who'd been forced to leave her children. A formor mate who'd been unfaithful. Ever being a leader granted no mercy; the pack had three and could function without her. An idea murmured in her head and she spoke softly, pleadingly, hoping and praying to Rhiannon that she was right.
"You are a healer...I think you'd rather save a life than end it. You cleaned my wounds rather than tying me up and leaving me to die." She held her breath, hoping her guess was right. She herself was a healer, but that wouldn't have stopped her from ending Ahren's life if she'd been able to. In her mind, he'd attacked her for no good reason, and that should make his life forfeit.

[/html]
*punches this horrid, crummy, short post* :\
[html]
“What you think I am and what I decide to do are two different things,” she said without hesitation, “and you're not one to talk.” Healer was a title, not a state of mind or a demeanour. Not to mention in their little backwoods way of living, they all had to have skills that differentiate from whatever their chosen profession was. For the same reasons that apologising didn't do anything, begging didn't sway her much either. Instead, it was the gently spark of anger in her system again that rose up and she grabbed the white-haired woman's face tightly, forcing her to make eye contact. “You didn't answer my question either. How much do you value your life? What's it worth to you?”
[/html]
Sorry for short post. ><

[html]
Instead of pacating the female, it only seemed to anger her more. Deuce whined softly, her voice catching in her throat. She struggled to pull away, fear making her eyes wide. The woman's question burned in Deuce's mind, and Deuce didn't know how to answer it. Her voice was strangled when she spoke. "Please...my life is everything to me..." She would cherish it more after this event, she subconciously knew.

[/html]
[html]Once she had spoken, Corona released the grip she had on her and only hovered over her. Even if she couldn't have verbalised the real worth of her life, Corona could see it in her eyes. For a few fleeting moments, that was the only thing Corona did: stare. Long and hard and cold into those different, mismatched eyes. In the same way that their ancestors had once asserted dominance over each other, this was very much the same thing. They did not need to speak or make sounds to get points across any more, eye contact did that for them. “I'll let you go,” she said at last, drawing her attention away from the foolish woman and to the many supplies around her. “But only if you promise never to hurt anyone else again—wolf or coyote—and actually stick to it. And don't think I won't know, don't think I'll find out, because I will. And when I do, I won't hesitate to find you again. I won't let you go a second time.” Satisfied that there really wasn't anything she felt the woman could feasibly grasp to use against her, Corona turned her full attention back to her, and met her gaze in the dim light. “Can you do that or not?”[/html]