the devil's city
DaVinci had finally caught his sibling and with the help of Haku they'd delived the girl to Deuce. She'd made him leave the house after a while of hoovering over the lady while she worked.. He figured she just didn't want the hybrid breathing too close to her but he would play nicely, she was afterall helping his kid sister. He shook his head at the thought and sighed, knowing that he had to find something to do. The silvery grey boy ran a hand through his hair as he walked along the border of the packlands. Suddenly a thought reached his mind..

The male smirked and pressed his way on past the lands of Phoenix Valley, following the command that had been given to him some while before. He'd kept a busy schedule and hadn't been able to fulfil Ryan's command to find her, but he could now.. and he was rather curious as to what she'd been up to lately. She could probably as the same from him but his life was a but complicated and everything was hard to explain. He smiled at the thought of finding the girl and moved on through the Dampwoods.. she'd said she'd be around.. now he just had to wonder how long he'd have to wait.
[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

She had been hanging around the south east borders after swimming in the bay an hour prior. It had been rather relaxing and she was surprised that no one had come across her or bothered her. She had yet to really meet many from Inferni, but she supposed that would happen with time. Even her father, whom had been kind enough to give her the grand tour, had been sparse the past week or so. But she was alright. She had been alone for a few months now, so she couldn’t expect everything to be different so suddenly. After all, she could take care of herself.

She trailed around the yard of the mansion, looking up at it’s malevolent expanse, and plucking a rose from one of the bushes. It petals had spread out wide, and as she walked, one by one they began to fall away from her. It reminded her of the ferns that she had watched DaVinci absentmindedly strip down to nothing. She smiled with the thought of that boy, and wondered when she would see him again.

She didn’t carry her bag this time, leaving it stashed near the place that she slept. She did, however, have her slate blue dress which she had been carting around. Now that her fur had finally dried, she pulled her dress on down over her head. She had discovered that not many wore clothes here, but she liked to. Fuck everyone else if they didn’t like it.

The border trailed away from her as Ryan headed deep for the heart of the Dampwoods. She kept the rose between her fingers, helping along the defacement of it as she plucked away some of the petals. She whispered a little game that her mother has shown her when she was a very little girl. "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..." and so on as a very sparse trail of rose petals began to fall behind her.

[/html]
He'd been roaming the woods for quite a while with no company but his thoughts, not that he really minded, there were a million thoughts up there to keep him busy, but yet he still hadn't found Ryan. The soft draw of his breath was one of the few sounds besides the soft press of the decaying matter below his paws as he passed through the old eerie woodlands. He knew he would find what he was looking for in time he just had to keep moving.

Soon enough the scent of another crossed his path and a softl smile appeared on his lips as he turned off his wayward trail and followed the newly created one of another hybrid. The bright crimson drops of rose petals made him chuckle as he scooped up a few between his fingers, the soft satin feel of them against his skin and the soft scent meeting his nose before he let them go and watched them flutter once more to nature's wastelands.

Pushing on after the woman he smirked, the petals he trailed after making him chuckle softly, the thoughts on his mind pushed away for a brief time as ahead in the dim light of the woodlands he caught sight of the litterbug. On soft paws he quickened his pace, the words that fluttered faintly from her maw made him raise a brow as he fell into her shadows as he spoke up. "Can't make up your mind?" a grin spread across his maw as he continued. "Or his?" He laughed softly before admitted. "I'd say whoever it is.. we'd all be confused by now.."
[html]

She wheeled around as soon as she felt the presence behind her. Though he loomed in the shadow she had cast, his frame behind her was comforting. Her hair floated around her shoulders as she turned, coming face to face with that familiar grin. It was a much appreciated sight and she couldn’t help but let a soft smile find her lips. He arms floated up and snaked around his neck, as she peered up to his steel blue eyes. He stood taller than her, but she barely noticed that she had to stand on her tip toes to be able to link her arms over his shoulders.

"You found me!" She breathed, questioning the feeling in her frame as something spilled into her veins. She was scared, yet something else was there. Tonight would be the night that she would fall for DaVinci, though she hadn’t realized that perhaps that had already happened. "Oh, I’ve made up my mind," she revealed to him.

[/html]
He hasn't expected the moment he spoke and she realized he was there to have the princess wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning against his slim frame. Smiling down at her, his bangs cascaded across his stormy eyes as he was greeted in turn with the crimson orbs of Ryan de le Poer. He chuckled as he lowered his face down towards the captive in his arms as he confirmed her announcement. "Yes. I just followed that pretty little trail, and here you were." He wasn't for certain why the young woman had wrapped herself all around him but his own hands had wrapped around her waist as he smiled softly.

Tossing his bangs back from his eyes he quirked a brow at the woman and asked with amusement. "Oh, have you?" Running one hand through her silky mane he laughed softly as he teased. "And what have you decided?" He found it strange that the few times he was around the lass he felt more relaxed than he had his whole life, like there was no reason to care what the world thought anymore of his role in their world. Could he dare to say he felt like he'd found himself for the first time.
[html]

It was a strange feeling being here with DaVinci. She had a connection again with something. It wasn’t like the one she had lost – the relationship she had with her mother could never be replaced. But maybe, just maybe, a new kind of love could enter her life and she would be able to adjust to that instead. She had never experienced anything like this before, but she felt so protected and no longer vulnerable in his arms. She leaned her check against his warm chest as he stroked her mane, welcoming this feeling of intimacy. It so much different then anything she had ever been submitted to with another man. She wasn’t scared and she didn’t feel like this was a job. This was completely different.

She smiled, grinning into his fur as she listened to the rise and fall of his breathing. "I’ve decided that I don’t want to lose him." She had lost her mother, and had never had her father (until recently). She didn’t want to have to face not being able to see the one other face that made things seem alright. Sure, it had all happened fairly fast, but she couldn’t help what she was feeling.

[/html]
He wasn't for certain what to think of the woman in his arms, he'd never really thought about her being in his arms, not seriously, not after the words she'd spoken upon their first meeting. He had given himself to others before but only for pleasure, never for love. The crimson eyed babe in his arms pushed him to the limits, made him actually believe that he might be viewed as more than just worthless in another's eyes. In her eyes he could actually believe he might be someone worthy of love's gifts. Her soft silky hair gliding between his fingers glittered in the late summer light as he smiled down at her, lost in thought as he watched the young woman.

The touch of her skin against his made his heart pound as his blood quickened. The smile that lit his lips was enough for him, just a few seconds before she hid her face once more from his eyes but the words she spoke was beyond his dreams. He was unsure if she was teasing him or if he was dreaming. The hybrid sivery hued boy was silent for a moment as he swollowed hard and finally spoke up, his deep voice harsh with emotion, "But you've only just found him.." wondering just what he was getting himself into. He knew that she was part of Inferni now and he wasn't sure what the clan thought of him, the son of a wolf with the pure look of a coyote. Trapped with a paw in two worlds and not belonging to either but wanting desperately to fit in somewhere. Could two together fit so perfectly that it didn't matter what the world though.
[html]

She pulled away, almost reluctantly, but she eagerly clamped a hand onto one of his. She grinned at him, pulling to lead him away from where they were. She wanted to show him Inferni while remaining hidden away in the shadows of the Dampwoods. If they just traveled to the edge of the forest, she would be able to show him where she had been since she had last seen him. "I know that," she said warmly, leaning into him for a moment as she walked. "I want to show you something, DaVinci." She noted how her hand felt small in his, but also how a sense of protection came over her. She had never had that before.

[/html]
DaVinci had let her go when she pulled away from his gentle hold, but almost at once the small hand of the girl was nestled within the palm of his own as that mischievious grin held him captive as he wondered just what she was up to. Letting her lead him away he smiled softly, watching the flickering rays of sunlight dance across her hair as they filtered through the forest canopy. Tagging along not because he had to but because he wanted to his smile turned to a smirk as she answered his statement so simple and yet so sure. He could be unsure of the world but as long as she knew what she was involved in then he would walk like a trusting lamb wherever it was she would lead on to.

The gentle tug on his arm as she explained that she had something she wanted to show him made him chuckle as he gave up mockingly dragging his paws and actually quickened the pace. "As you wish, m'lady.." he teased as the soft touch of her hand in his made him wonder if maybe things could work in favor to brighten his views on the damp and dark world he gazed out upon. The closer they drew further away from the direction of the few packlands he knew it suddenly dawned on him that they were getting closer and closer to Inferni. His stormy orbs scanned the forest as he asked softly, "Ryan.. where are we going.." an uneasy chuckled followed, the boy still amused by how eagerly she was leading on, yet a sinking feeling made him think he already knew where this blind path would lead.
[html]

"You’ll see," she teased him, eagerly wanting to reach the edge of the forest. When the trees began to thin, she slowed her pace and turned to look fully at DaVinci. Somehow she felt as if there was something shining in his eyes. Fear? Disapproval? She wasn’t sure. "Are you ready?" She asked, smiling, before she turned and led him through the last bit of trees.

Stretched out ahead of them lay a section of Inferni’s borders, close to where Ryan had left from earlier today to find DaVinci. She looked out at the view – nothing spectacular – and smiled. It was her home. Sure it wasn’t beautiful, but it was her home. "Look!" She said, turning back towards him. She leaned her frame into one of his arms as a hand found his chest. "I found my dad, DaVinci. I found a home. Isn’t it great? It’s called Inferni. It’s where I’ve been all this time."

[/html]
He just shook his head with a small smile upon his lips as he let the girl lead him on, the soft brush of her body against him seemed to send shivers down his spine as he tried to ignore the thoughts that tried to slip into his head. His stormy eyes flickered back to her as she asked that question he really couldn't answer, but he just smiled once more for her, assuring her that he'd face whatever it was she had instore for him, though the thinning trees told him well enough what he needed to know as he answered. "Ready." he said firmly, though he wasn't so sure himself if he really was, or what he would or could even say to this surprise that was waiting.

His eyes watched her as they came to a stop, searching her face as he saw the small blissful happiness that was a steady glow to her features. The view was obvious, though when she turned to him and pointed out her new start on life, along with the announcement that there was a father out there she'd found after a life of never knowing. His arm wrapped around her waist as her slim frame had found a place along his side, the light tough of her fingers on his chest probably had found the fast beating of his heart as those crimson orbs semed to be expecting the world from him with each comment she spoke.

He drew her closer as his eyes gazed back towards the lands of Inferni and the harsh thought of what fate had befallen his baby sister within their boundries. There was a million things he could say of the clan, though he didn't. He smiled down at her, the sad thoughts that passed through his mind were brushed away as he admitted. "I'm glad you've found family and a place all your own.." His eyes drifted back to the clan's borders and he wondered just what the leaders of the lands would even say to seeing the hybrid boy so close to their lands. He'd never exactly done anything to bring the wrath of the clan a callin' but he knew well enough his family had.

DaVinci swollowed as he asked, "Ryan.. do you know who I am?" he doubted the girl did, if she did she would have been cruel indeed to lead the boy to their doorstep. He didn't know if Inferni would hate him for whom he was related to, but she might as well know the truth of his family's mixed affairs with Inferni.
[html]

His touch was comforting as were his words, yet it still wasn’t exactly the response she had been anticipating. She looked up towards his steel colored eyes, feeling warm against his silver frame. It was as if he felt somber to be here and she had to wonder if there was something about Inferni that he didn’t quite agree with. She paused to think. Had it been something she said? "I…," she muttered, looking away from him and out towards Inferni. She didn’t want him to see her confusion. "I don’t know what you mean, DaVinci." All she wanted was some approval so that she knew she was at least doing something right for once.

[/html]
He hated to see that look in her eyes as she tried to understand just what he meant. Tightening his arm around her waist he sighed and shook his head, trying to find exactly what to say to make her understand. "I come from a family that's not exactly on the best of terms with Inferni. My sister was held as a hostage in their most recent war.. she was raped while inprisioned there." His stormy eyes gazed across the lands as he continued. "My mother as well was raped by a member of Inferni and her mate killed by Gabriel two years past.." He flicked his ears back as he was silent a moment before nestling his muzzle in her dark locks as he sighed.

Opening his eyes again he murmured softly. "I don't think they hold anything against me.." he admitted, "I just don't know where I belong.." he pleaded. He didn't know why it was so important to him that the disappointment he thought he'd viewed in her eyes disappeared but he didn't like seeing the bright soul so suddenly dimmed, and by his own means.
[html]

What he told her couldn’t have been anything she could have ever expected. It was horrible. His sister and mother… rape. The word made her shutter. She was so confused and had such mixed feelings about that word; about anything relating to a sort of sexual relationship in general. Her mother had really done her over by submitting her to those things at such a young age. She probably would struggle with discovering the difference between love and lust for the rest of her life. But the real thing that got to her was when he spoke of Gabriel. "…her mate killed by Gabriel…" That couldn’t have been true. She hadn’t met the man – her father’s cousin. He wouldn’t do something like that, would he? She didn’t want to think that the members of her new family, this clan, would be willing to do things like that. She tightened her grip and rested her cheek against his warm chest. "I’m sorry DaVinci," she muttered, for lack of any better words. What could she say? This obviously hadn’t turned out quite as she had expected. She tugged at him, turning so that they could head back into the woods. At least enough so that Inferni wasn’t starring back at them with its malicious borders.

[/html]
ooc-fade away?

He stared those lands, so like the ones over the mountains and yet dangerous in their own ways while in her mind the words turned over and over. The steele hued male was quiet as he felt her head rest upon his chest again. His heart was beating steadily as he wondered what would life be like if he had just left the wolf pack behind and become one of them. Even as a child they seemed to detest him for carrying the scent of wolves instead of coyotes, like he'd really had a choice at that date and age.

A soft flutter escaped his chest as he leaned his head down, his lips lightly touching her hair as she muttered those words. He shook his head and whispered. "That's the past now.." and within moments it seemed that she was pulling him away from the view of her new home and back towards the woods. He didn't fight her but let her take him where she pleased. His eyes lingered on those strange lands that could have been his home at one point or another.. he wasn't for certain why he'd never joined the clan of coyotes and hybrids.. and he wasn't for certain now.. atleast when he was confused and flustered with Ryan he felt more at peace than ever.