With wide eyes you tremble
[html]
We talked about having a thread :]]

She opened her eyes, yawning. She had been surprised that so many had come to see the pups' birth--it was exciting. She'd been very, very glad to see Anu there. Now things were all settled, and all four of the pups seemed to be doing well, so she felt all right with leaving them for very short time periods. It was nice to get out of the den every once in a while.

Naniko had been thinking about something for a while, about getting Anu to come in and lay with the pups with her, to get them used to the smell of her, too. She wanted them to know their second mother just as well as their first one. She sat down in the middle of the kitchen, looking toward the door that led outside, then to the door that led into the living room.

[/html]
[html]

ummm… <3!

Time. Anu had watched it tick away with every breath. She understood that it was necessary to give a mother and her new pups such moments, so they could bond and grow strong, but the time was tearing her a part. Her need to see Naniko made busting down the door a full and real option, but her love and understanding for her kept her from doing just that. She wanted the pups to be strong and know their mother, but she also wanted them to know her so badly that she had stayed outside the door for most hours of the day and night.

She wasn’t alone, most of the pack had claimed a space outside the room, on guard in case their leader had anything that she needed, or if there was any reason for she might be in trouble. But even the most diligent needed to see the sun once in a while.

Her hide legs bent as she stretched her front, digging her front claws into the soft earth. It was pleasant and clear out, as if the storms of summer were ending and a clear and an easy fall was about to approach. The air was cooler, giving her relief from the stuffy atmosphere the mansion’s hallways had surrounded her with. Breathing easily she trotted around the mansion, once then twice until her legs had gotten the stretch she had been looking for.

Back up the steps she went, entering through the doorway and walked down the hall. Her eyes rested on the place she had claimed her own, against the wall and beside the living room doorway. Curling up along the wall and over the floor she brought her head backward, to lean against the closed door.

Her head fell back, hitting the floor and shaking her out of her daze. The once closed door was now opened, and her eyes looked back into the living room, searching for her mate. Standing slowly and quietly she stretched her head into the room, wondering where Naniko had gone, and what was wrong.

[/html]
[html]

The mansion did have a peculiar smell to it, but Naniko was used to it by now. She didn't even notice the musty smell that it had, the scent of old human things. Carpets were coming up in some places, windows creaky and doors squeaky, but she didn't mind. Naniko loved the mansion, even with everything that had happened inside of it. The rest of the mansion had a real charm to it. She just avoided that one room.

The green eyed wolf went out the back entrance to the mansion, heading outside. Where was Anu? There was usually someone hanging around the kitchen or the living room, sometimes Anu, sometimes Pilot or one of the others, but today she couldn't see anyone. "hello?" She called, trotting around the perimeter of the mansion. She wasn't sure about leaving the pups inside the house without knowing that there was a guardian there. Naniko came back up the steps, pulling the door open with a paw. "Anyone?"

[/html]
[html]

ummm… <3!… still!

The room was large, but she could hear the little beings that lived within the far wall. Their sounds made her smile, but still she didn’t enter into the room fully. She could sense that they slept, and she knew all to well to leave sleeping babies to their dreams. Backing up slowly and softly she nudged the door so that it would close half way.

Back in the hall she heard a voice, and shifted her attention to the front door that she had just came through. In the quiet of the large house it was easy to tell who was about to pass over the main threshold. Her tail wagged, and her face slipped into a much larger smile.

The green eyed fey walked through the door, lighting the entrance as she did. It was a bright light for the tawny slim female, sending a humble shadow over her. Standing along the wall Anu took a moment to take her in. She looked rested, her white coat gleamed and her body was almost weightless.

Rescuing her lost breath Anu trotted down the hall to close their large and chilly gap. Her tail waved behind her, “Hey momma.” The words brought a smile to her face and her voice held an excited tone.

[/html]
[html]

She had worried about Anu, had wanted her to be there when the others had left...but at the same time, she had desperately needed rest, and it probably wouldn't have been a good idea. She had been so anxious about whether the pups would be all right, and if she was doing things right that day to have anyone but her mother and Deuce around...her two comfort wolves. She did trust Anu, but Naniko had been nearly frenzied with the worry that she might mess something up and somehow lose these pups as well. Deuce was a wonderful healer and a lifetime friend, and Iskata was her mother.

"You're a momma too, now" She hadn't been sure at first if Anu would enjoy the fact that she would now have guardianship over the little ones, but now she was sure of it. She looked really happy! Naniko's tail wagged furiously when Anu came closer, and she pounded her front paws against the floorboards in a playful manner, bouncing a little bit. If she'd been tired the day before, now she was full of energy. "How are you? I missed you." Even though she'd been asleep during most of the last day, she had still had some time to think. Naniko sat straight, reaching forward to lick at the darker wolf's cheek.

[/html]
[html]

started this right after we talked... but couldnt finish it! oh man

look lil hearts!

Their was a delicate balance between them. With pack, pups and each other, both wolves, though mostly Naniko, had huge responsibilities the sat on their shoulders. It was the love she felt for the white fey, as well as the children and the pack that made her take the responsibilities onto herself, her mate did not need to go it alone. Do she felt the weight, and began to juggle the many complications that Naniko had worried would keep them apart.

When Anu watched her, her excited display and eagerness to see her, the thumps of her heart quickened and she felt the blood rush to her cheeks. She left a small laugh fall from her mouth at the playful stance and felt her body wiggle a small bit, the excitement bubbling over. "You're a momma too, now", how the words rang in her head. It was the combination of actually being a parent, as well as Naniko’s willingness to share her puppies with Anu that made her eyes water at the corners. Distracting the white fey from any water that might dampen her cheeks Anu sunk her face into the crook of snow colored neck.

“Missing you of course.” Exhaling softy she began to inhale her scent, “Happy. I’m happy and proud of you.” Anu tore herself from her favorite place on her love and looked to her jade eyes. “How are you. How are they?” There was a tinge of worry lingering on her words. She didn’t want to fret, because she knew that they would all be strong and healthy, but still she needed to ask and know the answer.

[/html]
[html]
Yeah!! Big Grin I requested them!

"They're doing fantastic! Always hungry, though." Naniko was always so happy to see Anu--no matter what was going on. Every time she saw the female she was filled with excitement and a bouncy, playful energy...it was great. She had never been in a relationship like this one before, one where she felt so entirely appreciated, and she wanted to make sure Anu knew that Naniko appreciated her, too.

"whoah" Anu almost put her off balance when she pressed against her shoulder, but once she regained her footing Naniko pushed back against her a little, closing her eyes and breathing in the girl's comforting scent."I was so glad you were there too"She said into Anu's fur.

Her heart pounded a little in her chest, but she wasn't sure why. She had no reason to be nervous around Anu--there was just something about her that made Naniko very excited. Did Anu want to go and see the pups up close?

[/html]
[html]

She smiled, a little embarrassed that she had almost pushed Naniko to the floor. Had she been a little too excited to get close? But, it felt like it had been so long since they had been together, she couldn’t help it. It was before Anu had gone to Iskata to tell her that she was no longer staying in the valley. She had confessed that she loved her daughter, and had been questioned to the fullest. The smaller fey just needed a little reassurance.

“I knew they would be strong.” Anu couldn’t help but smile, enjoying Naniko lean against her. It had been to long since they were alone. “Almost didn’t make it. Savina and I were off hunting.” It had been an exciting time, and Anu was still unsure what had happened to the doe that they had brought to the mansion steps.

At the time Anu had been a nervous mess, worried that there would be complications. But, in the graceful way Nani functioned, the birthing had gone smoothly, for the bystanders anyways. At the time Anu had only seen the pups for a few brief moments, barely getting to put their names with each one.

Unsure if Naniko was letting others venture into her den, she was weary of asking. But still, Anu was their second mother. “Can I?” The question didn’t come out as eloquent as she could imagine, more like an excited pup herself. Anu broke away from Nani and trotted excitedly back to the living room door.

[/html]
[html]

To Naniko, it seemed that their relationship was perfectly balanced. Naniko was the calm, rational one and Anu was the wild, spirited one. They weren't opposites, exactly, but each brought their own brand of energy into it. There were times when each felt insecure, and the other was always there to lend a helping paw, to help them get back up onto their feet. Naniko couldn't describe in words how happy she was that Anu was here with her. There had been no way that she would have been able to join Phoenix Valley, not with this many wolves depending on her.

She started quietly toward the kitchen, pushing the door open and holding it so that Anu could pass through as well. "They came very suddenly. It wasn't as hard this time...I knew what to expect. But it was still hard. Someday maybe you'll have some of your own...more to add to this growing family. But...that's just a thought." How was that even possible, really? They would have to enlist the help of a male, a stud. And Naniko wasn't sure if she could handle sharing Anu with anyone, really. Even for pups. Right now they had these babies to look after, too.

She nudged the closet door open, shedding light on the four squirming, now awake puppies. They were sleeping in a pile, the smallest, Salem, almost invisible beneath his lighter brother and sisters.

[/html]
[html]

Her tail curled over her back, wagging in anticipation. Poking her nose passed the door, with Nani leading the way she could hardly wait to truly meet them. The words Naniko spoke were unexpected, making Anu think in a different direction. The fey was sure she would never be able to betray Naniko in such a way. It didn’t seem like Nani was expecting her to jetting off and sharing a bed with some male, it was more off a decision that they would make together.

Her mind was cleared when she saw the small pups. Looking back at the white wolfess, her eyes glistening, “I don’t know, I think that our hands are full enough.” Smiling she watched her mate fro a few long moments. When she had become pregnant, the small lean fey hadn’t even known her. But now, as they stood before the pups, squirming and squealing for attention, Anu felt as if Naniko had given her the greatest gift.

Tearing her eyes from her beautiful face blue eyes watched their children again. Did the other shewolf know how all of this was a gift for her mate? Lowering herself to the ground, Anu curled her body against the bunch. It was a warm and natural movement, her nose touching each of them while her mind put their scents and shades to their names. Looking up to the face of the alabaster fey Anu spoke the only words that would come to her.

“I love you Nani.”

[/html]
[html]

She had been thinking about what Anu had had to go through to be here with her. Hadn't she had to leave Phoenix Valley? Naniko knew how hard it was to leave a pack and start something new--it just reaffirmed how Anu felt about her. It made her feel so special to know that the female had left everything just to come to be with her and the puppies. She wanted Anu to know how she felt.

She came to curl up beside Anu and the little ones. They were too young to have their eyes open yet, she knew, and were still blind to the world, but the pups moved instinctively toward the brown female's body warmth. Naniko knew that this was an important time and kept quiet, just watching. It took her breath away, the sight before her."I love you brighter than the sun" She said quietly, leaning over the whelps to give her a light lick. "I'm so happy. I don't ever remember being this happy...not for a long time" One of the pups, little white Brooklyn, rolled onto her back and squirmed, trying to get back onto her paws. She squeaked, wiggling, trying to right herself for a few moments before Naniko reached over and nudged her, helping her out."How was mother when you told her you wanted to go?"

[/html]
[html]

sorry for quickness

She felt her warm body as she lay down beside her, every touch Anu received feeling like an embrace. She watched the pups move closer to her, even with the closed eyes they could still find their way. Anu brought her nose down to gently stroke each; only bring her eyes to Naniko as she spoke. Her words were soft and gentle, hardly flouting to her ears. Anu caught each one, letting the honesty in her voice settle in her heart.

The fact that Anu contributed to her happiness made her tail wave silently behind her. If she could place words to her own happiness she would, but when she tried to pull them to her throat, none came. Instead they shone in her eyes, and on her face.

A wide smile wrapped around her face, watching the motions of the white pup. Each one moved with such difficulty, and it was odd to think that in such a short time they would find their legs and be running through the Mansion. Her voice was different, making her ears perk. Looking back to the green-eyed fey Anu was hard pressed to hide her feelings, and sure they were written on her face.

“I think she worries.” It was a simple honest answer that gave her mate little true information. Wishing she were satisfied with her own answer as well as with giving Naniko such a response she looked back to the pups hoping to fin inspiration. “She’s seen you hurt, and just needed to be reassured that you wouldn't be hurt again.” She looked back as she spoke the last few words, hoping to show her the confidence that she felt knowing she never would.

[/html]
[html]

She and Anu hadn't known each other for very long, comparatively...but that didn't matter to her. Her life had changed so drastically in the last few months...she knew that it could change again, just as fast. And she knew that she wanted this girl with her, by her side. It frightened her to think of being without Anu, though she would probably never admit it unless she had to. She didn't want anyone to think that she relied on her too much, or that she depended on her all the time. She could still be independent.

Naniko didn't want to rely too much on Anu. She didn't want to be hurt, that was true. Naniko hadn't ever really spoken to Anu about what had happened, and she didn't know if she could. Not yet, anyway. And what would they tell the pups when they got older, about Conri? She wasn't sure.

"I never want to hurt you. Not ever." She did want to reassure Anu of that. "We...can talk to each other. I'm not afraid to tell you if you do something that makes me mad, or sad...or happy. You make me so happy. Sometimes I wonder when it's going to happen, if we're going to have a fight. But it doesn't happen. ...I hate fighting"

[/html]
[html]

Anu would keep Nani’s mother’s lack of confidence in their relationship to herself. She would also leave the tears she shed at the Phoenix Valley leader’s doorstep. She felt no need to give all the dirty details, in the end they didn’t matter. All that did was that she was beside her mate and their pups. She would be the mother they needed, as well as everything Naniko asked and needed her to be.

“I’m to happy here, at this moment, to ever have any regrets.” She wasn’t scared that Naniko would hurt her. At this point it seemed so impossible Anu could have laughed at the thought. “We don’t need to think about that. Why would we need to fight?” Her question was laced with a smile.

She knew that there was so much that they didn’t know about each other. There were secrets, and details that she knew existed, but she was happy to stay ignorant. Of course they hadn’t know each other for years, but Anu could care less about that detail too.

“I wouldn’t wait for it.” She paused to watch their children, “I don’t like fighting either.” Her voice was light and almost carefree.

[/html]
[html]
It's cold in here D:

She had been thinking about moving out of the closet and into more of a private area for a while, but wasn't sure. She knew that she didn't want to stay inside the mansion, that was for sure, but she needed to find someplace where she, Anu, and four growing puppies would be able to live and move around comfortably. The mansion held too many bad feelings--and the whole entire point of combining the packs was so that they could all have a new start. Why stay in the old house?

It did provide good shelter, a food source...but she could always just come inside if she needed something. Maybe a den near the house, but far enough away from it. "I think we should get a place of our own" She said, after a short while. "I do want to be here, with the pack, but I think we could use a little privacy. Do you want to help me find a good place in a week or so? Then they'll be old enough to move without so much worry"

[/html]
[html]

yay!

A silence had settled around them, with the interruption being the small pups in their efforts to get closer to their mothers. Anu found the quiet calming, easing her into a even more relaxed mood. Her imagination and thoughts drifted in and out of the present, settling on thoughts of when the pups were grown. It was only when Naniko spoke that she was lulled out of her daydream.

She had always wanted to get just a little further from the memories that haunted Naniko’s past. The only reason Anu had agreed to stay with in the large house when they had first committed to each other was because Nani had asked. Though now she had come to enjoy the company of the others in the pack. It would have been a little upsetting to move away from them, if she wasn’t getting her family all to herself.

”That would be perfect.” Her face was in a large smile, excited about the new adventure. “I can scout around to see what there is in the newer parts of the territory. “

Her features turned suddenly, as she realized how selfish she was being. What if Savina need them? It was a fact that she could handle herself, especially with Kansas but Anu worried still. “If you think the pack will be ok.” Even with her concerns she couldn’t help but think about having Nani all to herself. Pups included of course.

[/html]
[html]
haha "yay"? XD Close this one?

Pups grew very quickly, and she knew that it wouldn't be long until they were out on their own. She wanted to be there every step of the way. At the same time, though, she knew that she had her leadership and healing duties to attend to--they would have to adapt to being without her sometimes. She would be there as much as she could. Naniko didn't feel bad about having those duties, though; her own parents had abandoned her completely. She wouldn't be doing that to them, not ever.

"That would be so great. I think that they'll all be okay...we don't have to go too far away. And I'll still be using the house for my patients, so I'll be in it for parts of the day. I just don't want to live inside it any more, you know?"

[/html]
[html]

sure thing!.. and yes "yay"!

Nani had so much responsibility, and so much to think about it might be best have a separate place just to relax. Naniko was right, she could treat the sick within the mansion, and live with her and her family just beyond it, beyond the ciaos, and away from the memories. Anu would be happy to be away from Conri’s haunting, even if it was just all in her head.

“A place to start fresh.” She smiled, taking in a deep breath and releasing it as getting rid of all the tension her mate’s misfortune had given her.

Anu was ready to keep moving, and if she had any question that Nani was still unsure about being hers completely, they had disappeared. Iskata’s question had been lingering in her mind, the one that questioned the loyalty they held for each other. Anu was sure she could forever be committed to Naniko, and this new step made it easy to believe Nani was just as dedicated as she was.

“I’ll start looking tomorrow.”

[/html]