I'm left standing here, desperate in the cold.
[html]

For Adelaida, and possibly Sankor. Serana Reserve. Big Grin <3 300 +

Alexey's life was a real roller-coaster ride, one that she needed to get off of as soon as possible. She was now practically living with Kol, which was a good thing. On the flip side, she hadn't seen Aiden since their first encounter and that left her feeling a little bummed out. Why she yearned to see him was a mystery; apparently emotions were unpredictable.

Cercelee had come home, and Lexey could only pray that the Rosea would bring structure to the pack. Not that Haku was doing a bad job, but she hadn't seen him since the new moon. Perhaps he was recuperating, at least she hoped so. That seemed to be the only possible explanation for his lengthy absence. Firefly was running wild, Desaevio was missing, and everyone else was on edge. Someone needed to bring Dahlia de Mai back on track, and that someone would have to be Cercelee. Lexey had faith in her.

The only person she hadn't faced yet was her own flesh and blood. She might have put it off a bit longer if only she hadn't caught Adelaida's scent close by. It took all of her might to track her down, knowing that the masked femme wouldn't greet her with open arms. Honestly, Lexey was scared out of her mind. She had fought coyotes and infiltrated their territory to save a friend, but none of those exploits had seemed this terrifying.

She regretted calling Adelaida a monster, now more than ever. She hadn't meant any of it and it was important that her sister knew that. They needed to stick together. Taking a deep breath, the Circee called out her sister's name and sat on her haunches, refusing to move any further. "Adelaida!" She was close enough. It was wiser to let her come.

[/html]
[html]

Adelaida! The voice matched the scent that had infiltrated Adelaida’s nostrils. Both the scent of the female and the sound of her voice were known well to the two toned two year old. Adelaida knew them so well, they might as well be her own scent and voice, and in some ways they were. Their scent was similar, although now Adelaida’s continued to be that of her own and only a faint lingering of where she had slept the night before and Alexey’s was strong of other wolves, all who shared a common trait: Dahlia de Mai. Their voices, while clearly individual, Alexey’s more bold and cheery, and Adelaida’s shy and timid, held a few similar notes, that if one listened hard enough, and had met their mother, they would know that little of Katanka was each of their voices. And the carrier of that particular scent and voice was almost as much a part of Adelaida as Adelaida was to herself. Her sister, her more sensible, stronger self. The part of her she had been avoiding and didn’t wish to see.

However the voice beckoned to her, sounding and resounding in her head, even long after Adelaida had ignored the initial call. The fuzzy chinchilla, still having not returned to his true mistress, squirmed at her chocolate colored feet, Pickle’s small eyes peering up at Adelaida’s bright blue ones, as if the ask “Why don’t you go to her?”. Sighing Adelaida stood, shaking the leaves, that were beginning to turn color even now from her pelt, and looked down at the tiny rodent. Fine, but you stay here, little one. I’ll be back, quick as I can. It shouldn’t take long, Adelaida didn’t have much to say to her sister.

The closer Adelaida came to her sister, the more vividly she recalled their last meeting. The words thrown at one another. Adelaida still felt Alexey was in the wrong. Lexey had agreed to stay with her, Umbra or not, and then she had turned around and joined a pack. A pack of shifters. Adelaida shivered at the thought, remembering now her bruises and wounds. The large one on her chest, the numerous ones dotting her left side. Her right leg still ached, still showed the teeth marks, but she no longer limped. It wasn’t the marks on her body that caused her to shiver though, it was what the marks had done to her insides. She was tainted, now one of the freaks Alexey had pledged herself to.

Emerging into view, Adelaida shot a quick look at her sister, waiting so patiently. The two toned female had taken much longer than required to appear, though she intended to keep this meeting brief. What do you want Lexey? Her voice, surprising herself, did not contain any of the hurt or anger she felt, despite the strong sense of abandonment and self hatred that constantly dogged her. Instead it betrayed only annoyance.

[/html]
[html]

300+

It wasn't like Lexey to simply give up and walk away. When Adelaida didn't come, the Circee stood up and took a several steps in her direction. She didn't want to invade her sister's privacy, but she would have no problem doing so if it came down to it. Clearing her throat, she made her intentions clear. "I know you're there, and I'm not leaving until we talk." Her voice broke Serana Reserve's haunting silence once more, echoing throughout the area like an eerie lullaby.

Her rabbit-sized companion was there, she could smell him too now that she was a little closer. At first, Alexey felt a little betrayed by the chinchilla, having worried about him all this time. However, it didn't take her very long to figure out that he was better off with Adelaida. The tawny femme wouldn't have been able to take care of him during the war. It was a cruel world, and Alexey was starting to see this.

After what seemed like an eternity, her alter ago stepped out of hiding. Golden eyes promptly caught sight of her injuries, lingering over the smallest wounds before travelling up to the bigger one on her chest. She simply stood there, unable to speak. It was as if someone had knocked the wind out of her. Just like the last time they had seen each other, Adelaida was sporting new cuts and bruises.

Alexey didn't know what irked her the most; the fact that her littermate hadn't come to her for help, or that she was currently acting as if everything was under control. Adelaida's question was sharp and cocky, only fueling the fire ignited within her amber counterpart. Curling her upper lip into a snarl, she tried to remain as calm as possible. "I wanted to see you. Good thing I decided to stop by, because you obviously can't take care of yourself." So much for the happy family reunion.

"Who hurt you?" The look in her eyes made it clear that she wouldn't settle for a bullshit answer.

[/html]
[html]

Adelaida knew how she appeared to her sister. It was their last meeting all over again. Adelaida defiant and covered in wounds, Alexey bewildered at the sight. Only now, the injuries were ten fold, and the defiance was only an act, or at least it turned into one. The longer Adelaida stood in a face off with Alexey, the more her resolved seemed to melt away. The anger and hurt did not dissolve, but Adelaida’s strength to stand up to her sister did. Still, the response of her sister warranted a sneer. I wanted to see you. Good thing I decided to stop by, because you obviously can’t take care of yourself. It sounded more condescending in Adelaida’s head than Alexey had actually spoken. Don’t worry about me, sis. I’m fine. I’m not the one who lost her head and decided to abandoned her sister for a pack of filthy shifters, remember?

Adelaida shuddered inwardly. She was a filthy shifter now, but the words had escaped her none the less. It was hard to think of them any other way, and the lone female didn’t try, not hard at least. Instead she merely thought of herself in the terms that she used to describe the shifters. Filthy, disgusting, disturbing, monster, freak. And she believed those things about herself now. Staring into Alexey’s eyes, which were reflecting the tension of the situation and Adelaida’s personality rather than her being, the masked female believed that her sister thought of her in these terms as well. Suddenly, Adelaida felt as if she would like nothing better than to just crumbled beneath the weight of her life and not rise again.

Instead Adelaida just pricked her ears up at Alexey’s question and shrugged, as if the answer was of no consequence. They had already done the damage, what did it matter who they were? Still, she answered her sister, although Adelaida did so only because she hope that complying would cause her sister to return to her own life and leave Adelaida in her self pity. Coyotes, from Inferni. Three of them. Shifters too. Two males and a female, one of the males had quite a few scars, the female was almost wolf like, white fur and blue eyes... I have no names for you. Her voice was listless, uninterested and detached. Alexey could do what she wanted with the information, Adelaida was done with it.

[/html]