stones in the road
[html]

savy
the trenches

Even in her moments of contentment and happiness, Anu could not help her wandering soul. It pushed her to travel, and made every muscle twitch until she gave into its demands. Her initial thoughts when the call came to her were those of her new family and her pack. She as content within the mansion and the new borders, and she didn’t need any more adventure in her life, pups were more then enough.

But even with all the things that made home, just that, home, there was a little voice with in her. At first it was quiet, almost silent, just asking politely to see a new path. It was so easy to quell and ignore, until it became stronger. Until it started to demand, no longer using please, but screaming and ordering her to move and explore. And in the end, the poor weak wolfess could not do anything but surrender, and hit the road. Thankfully, even with all the inward fighting all she needed to do was point her nose in a new direction and walk for the voice to go silent.

The air was light with a cool fall breeze, making the summer heat a distant memory. She loved the scent of fall, the change of the leaves and the climate. The changes of air help little with her wandering heart, and made it easy to push her over the boundaries of the packlands. Her paws tapped over the few fresh fallen leaves, and her steps were light, not truly set on any strict path other then westward.

Moving away from any familiar territory she moved her way over new rocky terrain, exploring every nook and cranny. She had no plans of traveling far, for her mind still thoughts of all those she had left at home, but she knew better then to ignore the feeing for to long. She kept close to her scent’s path, a little bread crump trail that would lead her back in the right direction. Weaving in and out of the sparse trees, her head sky ward to examine all their different species, Anu found that the day was ending and the weather was about to move in a much different direction.

[/html]
[html]

wc 395

The new subleader had decided to take the day to explore the territories around their pack boundaries. She thought it would be important to know the land around them, in case they would ever need to take advantage of it for any reason. Also since the puppies had just been born, it would be quite some time before Naniko was able to explore the areas herself. Savina planned to report her findings back to the Commander on her return home.

The air was cool and crisp. It felt good as her slender limbs carried her over the grass and fallen leaves. She had always loved fall. Ehno and her used to play in the colorful leaves when they were still pups. Little did she know she was going to be in for the coldest winter she'll have experienced in her life. Italy's climate is very temperate, never getting too much colder than it is now. The femme would definitely be in store for a rude awakening once winter was in full swing. However for now she was very content, basking in the glory of fall.

As her lungs took in air a familiar scent entered her nose. The Italian wolf came to a halt as she took in more of the smell. It was Anu, her friend and packmate. Her tail begin to wag softly as she took off in the direction of the multi-hued femme. It appeared Anu was having a bit of an adventure of her own, as her scent trail had her weaving in and out of the rocks and trees of this land. Soon her friend came into sight and she barked happily, running up to poke her nose against the older wolf's in greeting.

"How're you doing today Anu? What a coincidence we were both out here exploring!" Barely a second after the words left her mouth a huge clap of thunder split the air. Savina's sleek body tensed and jumped at the unexpected noise and her head looked up to the sky. It seemed to have gotten exponentially darker in the past few seconds. A large drop of rain fell and hit her right between her eyes. Shaking her head she looked back at Anu. "We better find some shelter, I don't think we'll make it home before this really starts, and it looks like it might be bad."
[/html]
[html]

yay! Inspiration… and I’m still watching TV….

The once blue sky disappeared, replaced by tarnished grey and covered with large sweeping clouds. Where they had come from the thin female couldn’t recall, but as the seconds passed, it only became darker. Anu pealed her eyes away from the growing storm, and looked to see a familiar face among the different and foreign atmosphere.

Where Savina had come from, Anu wasn’t sure, but she was always happy to see her friend. Her tail began to wave, and even with the dampening evening her face broke into a surprised smile. But as the ebon fey spoke, her greeting was broken with the sound of thunder. Anu cringed, her smile gone and replaced with a concerned face. Her ranking officer was right, they needed to find a way out of here, and shelter quickly.

Looking back at her friend Anu let another smile slip onto her face, “Did you bring the rain with you?” Teasing Savina, her smirk and her voice made her sound anything but serious. A little rain wasn’t anything that they couldn’t handle. The drops touched her head and back, softly at first but it was just moment before it started to pour buckets down on the pair.

Thankfully the tawny fey had explored enough of the land to know that there was a rocky outcrop just south of where they stood. “Come on, I think we’ll find something this way.” She wasn’t sure that there would be anything substantial among the rocks, but at least it would be better then standing in the open. She turned and began to trot southward, slowly at first, until the rain became even heavier.

[/html]
[html]

The jet femme laughed at her friend's comment. "I certainly don't think so, though my pelt may lend itself to such a belief." The rain had started off softly, but soon was pounding against her back and neck. She was relieved to hear that Anu knew of a place that could offer them shelter, and quickly followed the tawny wolfess towards the rocks. Their slower pace soon grew to a quicker one as they were pummeled by the pouring sky.

As they reached the rocks her emerald orbs began frantically searching for any kind of a shelter. The two were in luck as she spotted an opening in one of the larger rocks. "Over here!" she called out to Anu. Her slender form easily fit through the opening to the cave. She was happy to see that it was a fairly good sized cave. Plenty of room for the two wolfesses and plus some.

Savina shook herself off, splattering water against the rocky walls of their shelter. As she sat down panic hit her as she feared that in their mad rush her necklace from Kansas might've been lost. Swiftly she brought one of her front paws up to feel for the shell. A relieved sigh escaped her lungs as she felt the smooth surface of the small pink shell. Eyes shot back to her friend, a smile on her lips. "Well, I wasn't expecting to take a bath today, but I guess I got one anyway. Its lucky we found this place." Her body shivered a bit. She was soaked to the bone and it wasn't exactly warm out.

[/html]
[html]

They had the type of friendship that Anu cherished. Both kindhearted spirits they always played well with others and got along with most for a simple reason, there was no good reason not to. Their similar outlook always made their time together pleasant, and no matter what they got into or the subject they discussed Anu found Savina to be gratifying and someone just genuinely easy to be around.

She ran, and as the rain picked up, so did her speed. The black fey seemed to be one of the few that were able to keep up with her, though Savina’s lean build surely did help. They raced through the sparse woods, coming to a stop when Savina found a hollow place among the rocks. They slipped inside, the cream and grey fey following her companion. Blue eyes peered around the cave, it was surprising large and deep enough for them to sit comfortably inside without being hit by drifting rain.

“We’re very lucky…”

Turning her form from side to side she cast as much of the rain from her pelt, leaving it sticking up at all angles. She had never been one with a perfect coat, and she felt slightly embarrassed that she was so ragged. She laughed at Savina’s words, shaking her head slightly, sure she looked far worse then the black shewolf did. Eye glanced to see a few hairs out of place, but nothing like her own coat.

It was then, before her fur could dry and fall back into its proper place, that Anu felt the real chill in the air. “If we’re not careful, we’ll miss fall all together and winter will be here in no time.” The thin fey fought off a shiver, and gave another quick shake in hope of getting more cold water off her body. If they didn’t find a source of heat they would have to use their body heat, and she was sure Savina wouldn’t be comfortable with that idea.

“Oh, I’ll be back.” Anu looked out at the rain, cringing at the thought of heading back into the storm. “I’m going to get some dry wood. For a fire.” With a half smile and a glance backward she dashed out into the rain. It came down hard, but the cover of a pine tree was able to keep enough timber for a small fire dry. Escaping the weather for as many minutes she needed to shift Anu gathered as much as she could hold, before rushing back to the cave, peering in before walking under the low entrance on two legs.

[/html]
[html]

Bleh, this is kinda icky.
wc 304

Anu was such a kind wolf. Savina was so grateful that she had decided to join Crimson Dreams. Well, of course Naniko was probably the main reason she had wanted to, but nonetheless she was glad to have her around. They had similar outlooks on life, and the older female's wisdom would be an invaluable asset. The younger girl always felt very comfortable around her brown hued friend, as she did with Nani, which she loved. Perhaps that was why the two were so good together. She was so happy that Naniko and Anu had found each other. She knew that Anu would take care of and love the alphess with all her heart and being.

As her friend spoke the word "fire" before she disappeared back out of the cave opening, her jade eyes grew wide. She couldn't argue that the heat was needed, but the thought of being close to a fire scared her. It was probably her "traditional" upbringing that caused this fear of the element. Surely this was a somewhat normal thing that the luperci here knew about and practiced. However she had yet to witness such a thing. The onyx femme closed her eyes and began to shift to her optime form. She supposed Anu might need help making their source of warmth, even though the idea terrified her. The transformation was still painful for her, but she was getting more and more used to it.

Eyes reopened once she was finished and soon the tawny wolfess returned with wood. Savina sat there, staring at the bundle, tail twitching nervously. "So, ummm...what do you do? To make fire?" Her words were laced with fear, and a little curiosity. The Italian wolf was at least thankful it was Anu and not someone else that would be witness to her reaction.

[/html]
[html]

<3

Reentering the cave, Anu stood strait with arms full of the thin, but dry, timber she had found. Eyes found that Savina was no longer in her four legged form, but matching her own. She had always found it odd how they could sense another’s transformation, before it even happened. She let the timber fall to the ground gently as she watched the reaction on the dark female’s face. Her voice was uneasy, matching her expression. Anu found it slightly curious that Savina was unsure about the fire situation, but was more then happy to explain the process to her.

“Well, we just need to arrange the sticks like so…” Anu moved around the cave, gathering the branches again, setting them against each other in a tepee formation. “Its not hard really.” She spoke as she placed each one into its rightful place. Slitting one branch with her sharp claw she made the second ingredient of her fire plow. “Just need to get a little dry grass on the end here, then you plow.” Pushing one stick against the split piece she worked vigorously, watching to see if any embers would arise from the friction.

Stealing a small glance of the others face, her curiosity growing, Anu almost missed the small spark jumped from the rubbing sticks to the small bunch of grass. “Ohh there we go!” jumping from her kneeling position she crouched to gently blow on the small match sized flame. Holding the burning blades of grass as if it was fragile blossom, she transferred it to the branches and placed it beneath them, blowing on it ever so slightly.

[/html]
[html]

I <3 Anu :3

Eyes carefully followed Anu's movements and actions. The more she watched, the more curious she became. It was fire that had been the human's first major separation from the rest of the animal world, or at least that's what had always been said. So seeing this Promethean action take place peaked her interesting despite her nervousness. Without even really realizing it, she had inched forward slowly, to get a better look at what her friend was doing. When the grass suddenly ignited a surprised yelp came from her throat and she slunk back against the cave wall.

When it was obvious they were not both about to be incinerated, a sheepish smile crept onto her muzzle. "Sorry uh...never been around fire like this before. Old fears die hard." Savina's muscles relaxed and she slowly worked her way closer to the little fire. The warmth it was already starting to give off felt wonderful on her still wet fur. Her gaze turned back to her companion. "Thanks Anu! It would've been an awfully cold night without this." From the sound of it, the storm wasn't going to be letting up anytime soon, which meant they'd be there for a while. "So, how've things been with you?"

[/html]
[html]

more <3

The little flicker of light ignited the larger branches, eating away at the dead flesh and growing stronger by the second. Placing her hands towards the orange glow she felt it heat. It would soon travel through the cave, drying them off and chasing the chill from their bodies. But it seemed like Savina was still unsure, her reaction to the flame was one of fear and confusion. Anu gave a small comforting smile, hoping to ease her fear, “My father always told me; fire can be either a kitten or a lion. Small, soft and purring, or large, ferocious and roaring. We just need a kitten tonight. “ Looking from the fire, she hoped to ease any thoughts of anything getting out of control, she wouldn’t let it get that big.

Crossing her legs, Anu settled by her friend, think about her last question. “Good, the pups are healthy and growing.” She paused, she was never sure who knew what and how they felt about it. If Naniko had told Savi they were together, it seemed like the black shewolf didn’t care. Everyone had different reactions to their nontraditional relationship. But, the last thing she would be was ashamed or embarrassed; “Nani and I are mates, if you couldn’t guess.” Sometimes she just need to say it out loud, and her voice held a light laugh in it. ”I never know who knows.”

[/html]
[html]

I have no idea if Anu/Nani being mates will come up in her current thread with Naniko, so I'm just going to say she noticed it. Big Grin

She liked the analogy about the fire. Though she'd never been around a "made" fire before, it seemed to be correct. The one before the two now was crackling nicely and heating their cold bodies. Perhaps the storm wasn't such a bad situation after all. Savina hadn't had a one to one chat with Anu since the first night they met. Now she'd be able to talk to her and find out about all the goings on in her packmate's life. Then she could share as well. Maybe the older wolfess would actually be excited for her relationship with Kansas, unlike Naniko. She felt an internal stab at her heart when she thought about her best friend's reaction. It hurt her more than she cared to admit.

The Italian girl's smile widened as Anu told her that Naniko and herself were indeed mates. Though it hadn't been said out-loud to her, she had a pretty good guess that they were. It was pretty easy to pick up on the subtle signs of affection when you yourself were feeling them. "I had a feeling you two might be. I'm really happy for the both of you. I'm so glad that the pups will have two parents, and I know you'll protect and love them and Nani like they all deserve. Honestly I don't think I'd want it any other way." Every word her voice spoke came from the heart. She hadn't really been around any "non-traditional" couples before, but she found it didn't bother her in the slightest. As long as the two were happy and in love who cared? Certainly not Savina.

[/html]
[html]

ok, ick post

Rain poured in the dark night that stood just outside the caves mouth. In side it was light and warm, just a continuation of the enjoyable day that they had both encountered just hours before. Savina’s kind words only added to the pleasant atmosphere. Her tail thumped against the ground, smiling at the way she described her relationship with her mate. It was very different from the feel she had left with after her discussion with Iskata.

Still smiling she poked the fire with a long stick. Stirring the fire she watched Savina’s face and found nothing but sincerity. “It isn’t easy to hide it, even if we wanted to.” It was had for Anu to find the words that could describe how she felt, about Nani as well as at the moment.

The crack of the fire filled the space between them, and highlighted the shine that came from the dark coated female’s neck. Her curiosity blossomed, gleaming in her eyes. “Its beautiful, did you make it?” A finger gestured to the chain that hung around her neck.

[/html]
[html]

Her head nodded at Anu's words. It was very hard to try and hide feelings such a those. She knew it'd be impossible for her to hide her feelings for Kansas even if she tried. But that wasn't much of a statement concerning her. It was very hard for the obsidian female to hide any emotion of hers. If she was sad it was written all over her body and actions. It was the way she had always been, and surely would continue to be for the rest of her life.

Ears perked at the question that came from her companion. One of her hands moved up to fiddle with the shell and chain, and her smile changed slightly. It was still happy, but in a new and different way. Emerald eyes glimmered in the light and in the feelings the necklace brought with it. "No, no I didn't make it. Kansas made it for me." Savina could feel the butterflies in her stomach as she thought of the sweet Sadira boy. Her voice had a somewhat dreamy tone to it as those words had been said. Suddenly it occurred to her that Anu might not know who she was talking about. "I don't know if you've met him yet. He was the cream colored male sitting by me at the pack meeting."

She looked back at her friend, hoping so much that this time the reaction would be more what she had hoped for with Naniko. The girl didn't need validation for her feelings for Kansas, but she wanted someone to be happy for her, for them. Naniko hadn't necessarily seemed unhappy, but she certainly hadn't acted like she expected her to. She wanted a friend to share her excitement with.

[/html]
[html]

oohhh nooo ... !

Her thoughts scurried through her head, wondering if she should make such a thing for Naniko. It would be a nice gesture to give, to show her love as well as pride that she had chosen to be her mate. Anu watched as Savina held the shell between her fingers, listening curiously all the while.

Connecting the dots, Anu remembered very well the male she spoke of. She was an observant fey, taking in little details that others might miss. She saw them, but rarely made the connection between them. It made sense now, giving her a small sly grin. “Yes, I remember him. As well as the way he looked at you.” She lipped in the last sentence quickly. Anu wasn’t the only one who had given her heart away.

Eyeing the onyx female, a smile on her face she spoke again. “He must be good with his hands, to make something like that.” It was an indecent comment, but they wouldn’t he girlfriends if they didn’t talk about indecent things.

[/html]
[html]

Hahaha! Poor virginal Savvy XD
wc 375

Soft ears folded back slightly as Anu mentioned the way the Kansas had looked at her that day. Savina knew that look well, and cherished it every time he gave it to her. No one had ever really made her feel beautiful before. Sure, it was told to her by quite a few. She didn't think they were lying, but none of them had ever really made her feel it. Kansas did. Every time his blue eyes looked at her she felt beautiful, and she felt wanted. She did her best to make him feel the same with her glances.

"Yeah, I guess so--" Voice froze in her throat as something clicked in her brain. If her friend's last comment had been said flatly, she would've missed the innuendo all together. Savina was inexperienced in such things as these...the physical part of relationships being at the top of the list. They had kissed and embraced. That one night she had cuddled with him and slept in his room. But that was the extent of it. "I uh...ummm..." Her voice stuttered, like a school child who had been caught off guard with a question. "I'm not sure...about...that." If midnight fur didn't cover her face one would be able to clearly see the bright red shade her flesh had taken. It wasn't so much that she didn't want to talk about such things, she just didn't have anything to talk about.

At this moment though, she was so glad that she had Anu to talk to about this subject. Lord knows that she would never be able to talk about it with Naniko. The fact that Kansas was her adopted sibling was the least of that problem. "I've...never really been with anyone before. Kansas is the first relationship I've ever had." Fear gripped her for a moment. Anu and Nani were mates, what if without thinking Anu shared things with the alpha about herself and Kansas. "Ummm, Anu? Could you not tell Nani about the stuff we talk about? At least not concerning Kansas and myself." If the tawny female prodded into why she would tell her, but she would make sure that nothing came up about the not-so-pleasant past between the adopted brother and sister.

[/html]
[html]

short; -snuggles savi- its alright! XD

She didn’t want to cause Savina any discomfort, and gave a small smile as the dark coated friend explained her position. The first was always the most unnerving. Anu remembered her first love, even if she didn’t want to. In a way she was just as naïve as Savina, having only been with other females. But Anu knew how it all worked, generally.

“He seems like a kind soul, I don’t think you should be nervous.” If the fey knew one thing it was that nerves got in the way of to many things. Her voice was hushed, giving Savi and small but caring smile. It was hard for her not to be motherly, with all the emotions that had been running through her lately.

She was taken aback by her request, but kept it from her face. Why would she feel as if Nani couldn’t know what they discussed? Thinking it over for a moment, she shifted her seating, before speaking. “I don’t tell Nani everything, this will be one of them.” Smiling softly she could help but ask, “Why don’t you want to tell your best friend about your special someone?” It was an innocent question that she didn’t know had a serious answer.

[/html]
[html]

hehe :3
wc 344

A soft smile graced her lips at her friend's comforting words. If there was one thing she knew, it was that Kansas was a very kind wolf. He had done some bad things in the past, but who hadn't? They had made promises to each other to help avoid doing any harm to one another. "Thank you. He is very kind. No one's ever treated me like he has. We'll work through everything together. Clumsy as the effort may be." There was a bit of a laugh at that last sentence. If there was one thing about the both of them, they were a bit clumsy when it came to this. They were finally getting their emotions together though. Their first serious physical encounter still worried her however. It wasn't much, but he did have more experience than she did, and it made her more self conscious than usual.

It relieved the wolfess to know that what was discussed this night would not reach the ears of the ivory leader. It made her sad too though. She wanted to share a talk such as this one with Nani as well...but she couldn't. What was worse, she had no idea why Naniko reacted as she had. Savina had her guesses though, and they hurt her to her core. Ears folded back, she looked into Anu's eyes, her own jade orbs full of sadness. "I have told her. And she...she didn't react like I thought she would. I thought she'd be really happy, since we're so close and Kansas is like a brother to her. But...she wasn't. She wasn't unhappy, but she wasn't excited like I thought she'd be..." It was the first the dark femme had talked about this disappointment to anyone. She clutched her legs to her chest and her gaze turned to the flames, unshed tears beginning to build behind her eyes. "I...I don't think Nani thinks I'm good enough for him..." And there it was. The main fear that had been tearing at her insides after her talk with her best friend.

[/html]
[html]

Anu gave a small chuckle with Savi’s comment; everyone was clumsy, at one point or another. Everyone had their moments, and everyone had some they would rather forget. Watching the other female, she noticed her friend fold into herself. What ever she had to say, it was a definite source of unhappiness.

Listening carefully, she wanted to understand what Savina said perfectly. But even as she concentrated it was hard to think that her loving mate had reacted in such a way. Her mate’s actions embarrassed the thin and small fey, but maybe she just didn’t understand it clearly. And now, having pledged she silence, there was little she could do to question Naniko.

“That can’t be it.” Her voice was serious, still caring and concerned but far from the soft consoling she had once expressed. “Because there is no reason to ever wonder if you’re good enough.” She could love Naniko till her death, but she wouldn’t always support her every action. The tears came to the green-eyed girl, making Anu instantly soften, “It isn’t always easy to understand why one might fall in love with another.”

She hated to make excuses for anyone, but this was the wolf that held her heart. “I know I was protective over my brothers. Nani will come around, once the hormones have left her system.” Laughing slightly at the last remark. Eyes back to her soft and comforting glimmer she gave her friend one more question, “Does he make you feel good enough?” That was the important thing.

[/html]
[html]

wc 368

As she listened to the words of her companion, her fingers began to play with the fur on her legs. This was the same action she had done while she was contemplating things after her encounter with Conri. It was a sort of "safety blanket" for the onyx girl. Almost as if she were giving herself the same sort of embrace or touch that she might receive from a loved one.

She hoped that Anu was right. That Naniko was just being protective over her younger brother. That that, plus the stress and hormones brought on by her pregnancy and labor were simply making her a bit off. Surely that must be it, right? Her fears weren't all gone, but these words made her feel a bit better. "I hope you're right." She wasn't sure if this was the right time, but honestly she didn't care at the moment. Moving closer towards the older female, she wrapped her arms around her, like a child to a mother. The spoken words had comforted her, but she wanted the physical comfort as well. This had been eating at her for days now. She hadn't wanted to tell Kansas for fear of how he might react, considering his old feelings for the Commander.

"Yes. I've never felt more worthwhile than when I'm with him." Accented voice spoke softly. Savina had never really expected to ever feel the way she did toward a male. Not after the whole history of what Serge had done to her and all her family. Yet Kansas was able to make her feel more comfortable than she'd ever been with another male aside from her brother. He was the one she wanted to be with, there was no question of that within her mind.

Now that that was over, she felt somewhat guilty for laying this on Anu. After all Naniko was her mate. Her intention hadn't been to make the alabaster wolfess look or sound bad. "I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that. I wasn't even really thinking about it." She hoped that this conversation hadn't made her friend feel uncomfortable. She didn't want to put any strain on the relationship between the mates.

[/html]
[html]

It was never easy. When someone stepped into the middle of your life and suddenly gave you the option, its like you’ve never really thought about settling before. She always had hopes and dreams for love, and when it slapped her in the face its like she realize that in the end, she never believed it was possible. Love was some distant idea that was unattainable and certainly unreachable. The feelings that rushed through every vein were merely figments of the imagination, let alone a reality.

Then, as soon as she was able to accept what was being given to her, and open her heart to receive it, it was a reality. It was the more vivid and pure thing that could exist, it was in truth that only thing that held her to the ground. More powerful then gravity it held her in place so secure that her only option was to give all she had in return. It was so that she could be the gravity and the anchor for one wolf that became her new hope and dream.

Savina just needed to surrender all the feelings that made her feelings so confused. It comforted Anu to know that Kansas did make her feel as important as she. It would hurt her to think that someone couldn’t see how kind a soul she possessed. The lean fey embraced her, letting her arm wrap herself around the other female. It was a maternal gesture, stroking the long mane that fell against her neck.

”If he treats you well, that is all that matters.” It was an ignorant wolf that crossed a fey with such a support system. Savina had shown that well enough with her rightful intolerance of Conri’s actions. Anu wanted her to be happy, and she would not put up with any foolish actions from a male. The apology was unnecessary, though it was only the nature of her friend to give it. Anu spoke softy, letting the words come with little thought.

”Don’t be. I am sorry that she isn’t more supportive.” It was true, she wished her mate hadn’t acted like Savina described.“But you know I love her, and even this will not tarnish how I see her. I guess I should apologies for my favoritism.” Though the words might have seemed a joke, her voice was sullen and bordered on embarrassed.

[/html]
[html]

I still find it amazing how many posts we made to this on Sunday XD
wc 330

As her companion returned the embrace she felt so much better, especially as Anu began to stroke her hair. Even though she had never been shifted around her mother, and her mother had never been shifted around her, Savina imagined that it would've felt like this. That if she had gone to Amata in a time of distress, that these were the same physical acts of comfort she would've used. The Italian wolf still missed her mother horribly. For a moment she even let herself imagine that it was Amata instead of Anu comforting her. But this wasn't her mother, it was her very good friend, and she wasn't any less thankful for that.

The older female was right, all that mattered was how she and Kansas felt for each other. As long as they were happy that's all they really needed. Though admittedly that didn't stop her from wanting Nani's happiness and approval. But she would let the topic rest, allow her best friend to digest the information. With a little time everything would work out just fine, that's what she would tell herself.

She was greatly relieved to hear that all this hadn't upset Anu. That was the last thing she would've wanted. "Thank you. I hope you're right and she will be with time. She means so much to me, and I'd hate for something like this to come between us when it should only bring us closer." Her voice was still somewhat soft, but it was growing in strength the more she calmed down. "You have nothing to apologize for. I would never want for this to tarnish the way you see her. You're her mate, and you love her. Your reaction is just as it should be." Thin arms squeezed her friend's form, hoping to comfort her as well. They would all get through this, together. Even though she'd only known her for a short time, Savina couldn't imagine what they would do without Anu.

[/html]