pay for what you get
She knew now that she was indeed paying for the price of her little adventure in the city. She'd thought that she was well beyond the reaches of the heat but it proved that the stress from all the emotional chaos had changed up the internal clock that had almost been like the lunar cycle. The silver and gold woman sat on the old pier staring out across the ocean. She knew well enough who the father was, or atleast what he was, who he was, that they'd never really got to. The lady closed her eyes and chuckled, for a leader and a mother she wasn't the best at making wise decisions it seemed when it came to her own life.

She could give and give to those she cared most about and leave herself with nothing, seeing the light in their eyes and the happiness that they thrived on was always worth it in the end. She wondered now just what her family would think when they found out, when the litter was born. The one she worried about most was DaVinci, yet this had been her choice and she would face the world alone if she had to. She doubted she would, but if it came down to it she could be strong atleast this one time.

Tossing pebbles into the sea she smiled sadly, atleast once she could do the right thing and stand up for the choice she'd made and the consequences that were also such a blessing. She raised her head from her knees and watched the sun as it began to rise above the horizon. Today was just the start to another day and she'd continue like normal..
Hi, hope you don't mind. Smile

WC: 308

Pendzez sat quietly on a rock, looking out into the sunset, watching it go down slowly. The mere beauty that it offered was so... fascinating. Pendzez couldn't remember the last time he saw a sunset like this before. The only time was when a pup on a beach with his parents. Seeing this sunset brought back that memory from his long mindful corridor of memories. In his mind, a door opened before showing that memory. With the sunset and the sound of the waves, he found this a serenity of peace. With his eyes half-closed, he was about to fall asleep. He tried to stay awake by shaking himself out of a slumber. He took a breath of relief and stretched himself out with a light yawn. Once he had done this, he noticed someone on the pier. Pendzez gazed at the female sitting at the end of the pier, staring into the sunset. Pendzez knew who it was. Iskata Sadira. Pendzez knew her because she was a co-founder of the Phoenix Valley Pack.

Pendzez jumped off the rock and onto the soft light brown sand that made a crackling noise when he landed on his feet. It wasn't loud enough for Iskata to notice, but then again, it wouldn't have mattered if she noticed or not, Pendzez would talk to her anyway. Once he regained himself, Pendzez began to walk closer and closer to the Female. He got to the start of the pier, with him looking down at the wooden ground before him. He kept going to the female, then started to take steps closer. He walked slowly on the wooden deck, but with the boards probably old, they were making creaking noises that seemed to trouble Pendzez a bit. Hoepfully, he wasn't making to much noise to disturb whatever Iskata was doing. "Hi there, ma'am."
Iskata was use to catching the soft sound of paws padding around behind her, raising children tended to do that to a woman. She smiled to herself as she listened to the soul trying to creep so carefully behind her. The voice that spoke was one she didn't know, but she wasn't surprised. It seemed that their little pack had blossomed overnight and she was meeting new faces and new members each day. Flicking her ears back for a moment she raised her eyes to the cloudy sky before turning to face the newcomer who was approaching. A soft smile was placed upon her lips as she nodded to the youth, realizing that it was the boy Deuce had briefly spoken of.

Her sun shot eyes sparkled as she pushed her secret thoughts away with a soft welcome to the child. "Hello to you too young sir'" She smiled as she asked, "What brings you out here?" She was curious, most of the pack members seemed to be a little leary of the piers, the leaders had ended up being the ones to bring the boats to their dockings. The sun seemed to make sparks fly from her pelt as she studies the smaller male, curious to learn more about this young pack member.
WC: 374

Pendzez had a feeling that he was noticed before he said something, or probably when he started to walk closer from the start of the pier. If so, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, Pendzez would try to get to know Iskata a little more better than he did. Asking Deuce wouldn't do much help. Pendzez had thoughts in his mind of what to say to the golden female. Some he seemed fit. "Hello to you too young sir'" Pendzez looked at the female as he came to a stop, just no too far away from Iskata. Pendzez thought that he might have interrupted something and she might get angry, but no. She was just sitting there, watching the sunset. Pendzez felt relived about this. If he disturbed her, whatever she was doing besides watching the sun, then he might get yelled at and get told to beat it. It happened a few times before, but the snow white wolf chose not to worry about it. It was all in the past. Pendzez took a breath before Iskata started to speak again.

"What brings you out here?" Pendzez picked one of the thoughts of what to say from his head. This is a good reply, not a bad one. If it was a bad one, then Pendzez wouldn't even bother to talk Iskata. He would just walk away. Luckily, the snow white wolf wasn't anything like that. He took a breath and said, "Oh, I thought that I might come out and see the sunset. It's one of my hobbies." Pendzez talked smoothly and calm, slowly walking over to the end of the pier, looking out into the orange sunset reflecting on the water. He sat down next to the golden female, looking at her to ask the same question poltely. [b]"What about you, Miss Sadira?"[b] Pendzez knew who she was because he sees her from time to time, but doesn't talk to her because she would have been busy, or was doing something important that can't be interrupted. With her here and Pendzez aswell, this was the chance to get to know her. Pendzez's goal now was to get to know more about the leader of the pack. Just as a friend, of course.
Iskata had turned her gaze back towards the setting sun as the young boy spoke, she had a whole nest of thoughts settling in her mind but she pushed them away for the time as the sun turned her pelt from silver and gold to a firey orange and crimson as the brilliant orb finally met the horizon. She smiled as the warmth sank into her fur, knowing that it would probably be one of the last times that she'd be able to enjoy the setting sun with a warm breeze filtering through the beachfront. "Well enjoy it while you can, fall is upon us and winter is coming." she turned her eyes back to the boy as she spoke up, the truth in her words were just a warning of the weather to come.

Her eyes scanned over his smaller frame as she judged that he probably couldn't even remember his first winter, and if he could it wasn't much but the last part of the season. The question he asked her made a slight smile spread across her maw as she admitted. "Just thinking about the future and what's to happen in the coming months." The boy didn't need to know the whole truth, she wasn't even for certain just what would happen but that didn't mean she wasn't happy to accept the changes. A question for a question she returned once more. "How are you liking it here?"
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 279

"Well enjoy it while you can, fall is upon us and winter is coming." Pendzez would find it easy to enjoy, though it won't be long untill winter is upon us. However, winter was a favorite season for Pendzez because of the snow. Not for snowball fights, but for camoflage. Winter was a perfect hunting season for Pendzez. They didn't call him the Child of the Tundra because of his pelt, but because he was born in a tundra and had an ability to blend into the snow which made it hard to see him. To Pendzez, winter was his play time. "Well, I hope winter was here already. If it was, good luck trying to find me, though I may be close."

"Just thinking about the future and what's to happen in the coming months." The snow white wolf listened to Iskata as she spoke about the future. Pendzez too was looking forward to what the future will have in store. Pendzez also looked for to finding a mate, though it may take some time. "I think we all will."

"How are you liking it here?" Pendzez was starting to like it around the area. Pheonix Valley hasn't changed much since his last visit as a loner. He enjoyed it then and still doesn't now. Meeting new creatures and friends. It was better than it was when he was a loner. Although, he had a bit of problems with Jefferson, but the whole deal was sorted out. Now, Pendzez had to think of what lies ahead on the path. "I'm liking it quite well, Miss. Nothing much has changed since my visit here when I was a loner."

[/html]
She smiled at the young boy's confidence in his camaflage abilities. With a raised brow she leaned closer to him and said justly. "You'll be surprised.. I'm not that easy to find in the winter either.. maybe you'll be the one having trouble finding me!" Iskata had always had a beautiful coat, yet strange as well, in the summer and fall her coat took on a tawny golden hue with silver flecks through it, perfect for blending in the fields and meadows.. while in the winter she was more silvery white with light sprays of gold throughout her fur and as soon as spring came around and the warmth tugged at the world again she reverted back to the golden beauty that was stationed with the youth this moment.

She was surprised though suddenly by the answer she was greeted with about the future, with a soft chuckle she questioned him, not exactlying doubting, but wondering what could be so serious for one so young. "And what's so serious to make a boy like you broad so?" She could think of a million silly answers he might have, possibly answers her brothers would have given her at their age.. but yet she couldn't honestly think of the one that was on his mind. She'd changed a bit in the past few years and romance wasn't as important as she'd thought, the need for shelter and love she could find in the arms of friends.. she just wasn't as lonely as she once thought herself to be.

While Phoenix Valley hadn't been there long the lands had and just like the lands that changed in the seasons a fellows thoughts on the place could change just like that as well. She knew, she'd seen it happen in other lands before.. she'd even felt the pull of discontent and sorrow at mistakes and poor choices. When the boy spoke of his true feelings she tilted her head to the side and asked. "When did you visit us before?" Phoneix Valley had only been settled since midsummer and she couldn't recall ever seeing or hearing of the child being along their borders.. but she guessed it was possible.. she couldn't be everywhere or hear everything.. she just thought it strange a loner would come to gaze upon their lands.. though she knew the beauty the home beheld.

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 332

"You'll be surprised.. I'm not that easy to find in the winter either.. maybe you'll be the one having trouble finding me!" Pendzez as surprised to see that another wolf also can blend into the snow as a form of camoflage. Well, some had pelt that would changed between the seasons. Pendzez, in any season, always remained the same pelt color, which was white as snow. He always played hide and seek with his parents and they would have a tough time trying to find them in the winter and on snowy days. He always found it fun to play, but his parents did get playfully disturbed to find that he was too hard to find every time. Pendzez thought that a happy memory to keep in his corridor. "Yeah, I sometimes played hide and seek with my parents and, well, they always had trouble finding me when on a snowy day, or in the winter."

"And what's so serious to make a boy like you broad so?" Broad? What did she mean? Unless she meant bored. Some have know to say words instead of other words instead. "Pardon? What do you mean?"

"When did you visit us before?" Pendzez didn't really know, but his parents told him that he's been there when like five and a half months. Well, he was still a pup, but has a good memory when he was that old. He only found that his grandmother on his mother side was still alive. The other grandparents were dead. His parents were upset, but his grandmother still was alive. She was the only one that was told that she had a grandson. She was still alive today, but Pendzez hasn't seen her lately. "Oh, like when I was five and a half months old, nearly six months old. Came to visit my grandparents, but found only my grandmother on my mother's side was still alive. Speaking of which, you haven't seen her, have you? Tenla Gyu'byt her name was."
[/html]
Iskata shook her head at the boy, her words having gone up over his head as she grinned. She hated to have to explain herself but she knew from time to time she tended to talk over others and along lines her fellows could barely follow. "I meant the fact that someone your age should be out having fun and adventuring.. not trying to settle down and find that perfect someone. You're only young once boy." She'd spent her childhood in a strange manner and though she'd turned out fine, well, not exactly.. but atleast she'd lived and had found happiness from time to time. She smiled to the male and wondered if he'd take the words to heart. He needed to have a bit of fun instead of being oh so serious.

The silver and gold female nodded as the conversation went on and the male began to explain his exploration of the valley. She flicked her ears back in sorrow at the question the boy asked. She'd lived here for over half the world's turn and had never met anyone by such a name. "I'm sorry Pendzez, I don't know her." Of course Iskata met new faces everyday and all she had to do was step outside their lands and find some new face to speak with, or even an old friend. She yawned, thinking about just that. She really did need to go visit her family, so spread out now across the lands they probably thought she'd forgotten about them. Not that some of them would care.