Let me take you down
[html]

The pups weren't old enough to come out of the den by themselves, but Naniko had found another packmember who was willing to watch over them while she went out for a bit. She and Anu were usually in there with them, and her mate had agreed to keep watch over them for a little while. They were as much Anu's as they were hers, in Naniko's eyes. These ones would grow up knowing the love of two wolves, even if one of them wasn't biologically related to them.

It was a slightly warmer day than usual, and the sunlight felt great on her light fur. Naniko sat down at the borderline when she reached it, stretching her forelegs out in front of her and yawning. Some things, like travelling, still made her a little tired--she wasn't completely back to her previous state of health yet. The female let the movement take her down to the ground and rolled onto her back, wiggling around in the dry soil, going from side to side. She would mark the border after she was finished rolling around.

[/html]
*scoots in this general direction*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... el/t36.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____The talk of a new pack had more or less gotten his attention, though he had gotten it from the horse's mouth. Or in any case, Anu, who had tipped him off about the whole deal. He had heard about Twilight Vale going to pieces about the same time that someone had mentioned Shadowed Sun had disbanded. He knew Naniko to be one of the leaders there and with all of the air around with the things he had been informed, his curiosity had finally driven him from Esper Hollow with a long awaited fishing pole he had promised. It helped that it was a nice day, though the chill in the air had him wondering just how quickly winter would set in across the countryside.

_____He had already seen Ahren dragging building materials around for something and in the back of his mind, Laurel knew he had been keeping the fire going even more at night. Yet for as bright and warm as the sunlight was on his back as he meandered loosely through the rolling hills and scattered forestry in the general direction of his neighbours to the south, he thought summer was doing a good job of hanging on. It was near to where Crimson Dreams had set its borders that he found Naniko rolling around from one side to the other, putting on a rather amusing display as he neared.

_____“Good thing it hasn't rained lately,” Laurel called out to the now dusty-white leader, “you'd have a hell of a time getting the mud off of your back.” A warm smile broke the stoicism on his face at that point as he came a stop, noting carefully that she had indeed had her puppies finally. Inwardly, he thought better manners would have been to bring food along with than just a useful gift. “Finally got that fishin’ pole I said I'd give you.”

[/html]