i can be what you need
Set in the Sheraton Hotel near the Airport, yah know?[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

A large bolded S surrounded by a crown of leaves marked much of the décor inside, confidently declaring the name of this institution and making it quite clear the monetary value behind it. Ryan gazed around in amazement, even though the luster of what it had once been had greatly been diminished. Still, she had yet to see anything like this in her entire life. She hoped to find some sort of adventure inside.

She trailed through the lobby; one hand gripping the hem of her dress while the other dangled by her side, ready to reach out and stroke any surface that seemed interesting. She eventually wound up in a long hallway, lined with a beautiful carpet that had long been soiled by years unkempt. Her crimson gaze trailed along the gold numbers that marked the doors, centered over a small black peephole. One of the doors remained wide open, and she lingered by it. She could make out the dark forms of two large beds, and one window’s drapings which had been ripped down and now hung haphazardly along the ground and partially on an armchair. A glass bottle half full with a deep amber liquid glittered on the bureau as Ryan took a few steps further inside.

[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /renot.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His nose twitched in agitation. Someone was here. Someone had followed him. Yet, he felt as if he were getting too full of himself; too paranoid. He wasn’t that important, and no one was after him as far as he was concerned. The tall male stood still for a long moment, ears pricked to the soft, airy steps beyond the door he stood behind; he suddenly felt trapped in this large, yet still four-walled room wit the smelly décor and rotting furniture. He suddenly regretted walking this far into the building, and listened on baited breath as the steps paused, then moved on. He thanked himself for closing the door when having entered the room.

He stood stock-still for quite some time, before the footsteps had paused once more, and then became slightly faded. Out of curiosity for what the other was doing, Antigrin slowly opened his door, blessing the hinges that they did not creak, and stepped out onto the hallway. He followed the scent, creeping with all the grace and skill of a well-learned hunter, and found the open door to which the other had ventured into.

Anti gently gripped the doorframe, and tilted his muzzle inside so he could see. A young, shifted female stood there; her hair long, and her dress… dress? Anti blinked his mahogany eyes slowly, staring at her in slight disbelief. Sure, he wore a bandana around his neck, but that was all; and some other werewolves had looked at him like he was crazy. He’d never seen a werewolf care enough to fully clothe him or herself, but he’d have to admit that it looked fairly nice. He was staring at her from the side of the door, but couldn’t have realized it with all the silent thinking he was doing.

table by akumu
[/html]
I was just about to reply to your aw thread when I saw this. XD[html]

One bed, remarkably, was still made and the blankets were relatively clean compared to the adjacent furniture. The other had been torn apart, as if a hurricane had ripped through this room and left a hellish mess of sheets and stains behind. The smell in here was sickening, yet intriguing. Something about this room and the history it had made Ryan want to discover more. She ventured to the bureau, gently picking up the glass bottle by it’s neck and swishing around the amber liquid inside. The light that filtered through the uncovered window made the alcohol glitter as she studied it with a gaze equivalent to Anselm’s.

She easily spun around, hair twirling around her torso as she did. Something had felt strange and she immediately knew someone else was there with her. Whoever it was, she had a feeling they weren’t an acquaintance. When her eyes adjusted to the light and she took in their frame, she realized she had been right. She had no idea who it was peering back at her. She hesitated, before holding the bottle out in front of her. "What do you suppose is in here?" After living with her mother, she had a fairly good idea.

[/html]
I can read minds, ya know ;3 *shifty*

[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /renot.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had turned a little too fast for him to evade; so he ended up staring at her dumbly, caught off guard by her meaningless question, and feeling retarded for having been discovered gawking. He looked down, letting go of the door frame and easing his tall figure into the room (if only to be polite), and kept his distance. Alcohol, I’d guess… he replied, looking up at her slightly, seeing as his muzzle was tilted downward, and wondering if she knew what that was. He shifted a little uncomfortably, his left hand fidgeting noiselessly with the bandana draped loosely about his neck.

His eyes constantly wandered elsewhere, having no particular desire to be caught up in staring at her again. He lacked the sociability to ensue more conversation with her; so he seemed rather stupid as he stood there, constantly glancing back at her as if in waiting. Of course, it’d be rude for him to just walk away… like he wanted. With a last shift of his eyes, he found his voice; albeit a little misplaced. I’m Antigrin! he blurted, perhaps unnecessarily, and definitely a little louder than he had intended. He silently cursed himself and frowned darkly, his gaze moving away from the girl again as he had suddenly become silent and brooding.

table by akumu
[/html]
[html]

She nodded, "Ohh, right," she mumbled, bringing the bottle closer to her and once again studying the contents. She swirled it a few more times, watching as a miniature cyclone formed in the center and twirled about. As soon as it died away, she settled the glass down on the wooden bureau with a soft clink. She pushed her bangs from her eyes, glancing towards the boy questioningly – he had moved in from the door, but was still standing there silently. She let her fingers fall over the other odds and ends that had been forgotten or perhaps stashed near the liquor. She picked up a glass cup with a large chip on the rim. Almost suddenly, it seemed as if her company was blurting out his name. She turned to him, not able to suppress her smile as she nodded. "Well then, Antigrin, my name’s Ryan." He seemed to act similarly to how DaVinci had been when Ryan had first met him; almost nervous, as if she was capable of doing something to them that they were completely terrified of. What that was, if anything, she had no idea.

She grabbed the bottle again and moved towards the bed that hadn’t been throw into complete disarray. Sitting down on it, she began to pour some of that amber into the chipped glass she held in one hand. "Have you ever been inside this building before?" She asked, though she focused on the task at hand. When she had filled it half way, she stashed the bottle on the ground, before twirling the glass cup in her palm.

[/html]
[html]

Her smile gave him the sense that she was laughing at him, but he didn’t comment, merely continued to frown and blink furiously with himself. He was aware of her movements, yet found it hard to acknowledge them with his new attitude brewing upon his lips. He always started off nervous, then would fall behind a shield of dark musing before easing off into something slightly friendly, if you could call it that.

The newly named Ryan spoke again, forcing his mahogany gaze to seek her out once more and remain there for a small time. No, he answered quietly, albeit gruffly. He edged closer, ears twitching against his Mohawk. He watched her pour a glass of alcohol, and suddenly began to wonder if she was a happy drunk, or a mean one. Have you? he returned, slightly quieter due to his musings.

table by akumu
[/html]
[html]

She wasn’t sure why she had done it, knowing of what it would instantly remind her. Still, the Tirones stared longingly at the amber filled glass as if it would offer her some sort of answer to a question she had been wanting answered for a long time now. When she did finally raise the chipped glass to her lips, she pulled it away in a grimace. The taste was awful – a bitter sweet that made her want to be sick. It wasn’t even so much the taste that reminded her of those times long past, but the smell. It was the sour smell that seemed to linger on anyone she and her mother had come across.

"No, me neither," she told him, looking up to his mahogany eyes, before she studied him closer. She realized now that he had a blue bandana tied loosely around his neck. It reminded her a lot of the scarf that she had stuffed back at home in her large bag. It was strange for her to see him wearing it, but all the same it made her smile. She felt almost as if they had some sort of secret together that no one in the world could ever understand. All by laying eyes on that simple piece of fabric. "I wonder what it was used for."

[/html]
[html]

Her obvious distaste for alcohol drew Anti from his deepened frown. He raised his brows, wondering vaguely what she had poured it for, if she didn’t like it; but perhaps she hadn’t known, which could be the only reasonable explanation, he decided. He moved a tad bit closer, yet froze as her blood-filed eyes met his, and he could not help anything but stare blankly back at her until her gaze left him.

He shrugged in reply to her query, shifting forward again so that he was standing at the edge of the bed, only a few feet away from her. He carefully sat down, mindful of himself to curl his tail against his right hip in order to hide the x-shaped scar that resided there. He looked at her, sidelong, yet somehow pretended to remain uninterested. I think this was a house for a lot of people… he said suddenly, keeping his tone and volume in control. He suddenly wondered where the hell his youthful confidence was; it seemed to have dissipated when he arrived in these lands.

table by akumu
[/html]
[html]

"I wonder who would want to live here." The room was interesting enough, but Ryan couldn’t imagine spending all of her time here. The front lobby had seemed so grand and interesting, but she had almost been dumbfounded by the rows of doors once she had wandered down the hallway. She would have been curious to know about a hotel room’s temporary nature, but automatically assumed this was the human’s own sort of den. Or cave, in Ryan’s case.

She glanced in his direction, smirking a little at the mohawk of hair trailing between his ears. "Where’re you from?" She asked, not exactly sure how she would answer the question herself. She had found her father, and now Anselm knew… she supposed that was enough for her.

[/html]
[html]

He shrugged slightly at her words, finding no reply or a need to even speak. He only looked at her, as if he had not been told that it was impolite to stare. But then again, he wasn’t gawking so perhaps he was attempting to be courteous by keeping his eyes on her as she spoke; his social skills were obviously unperfected at this time.

I’m… from… It was hard to answer, since all he could remember of the place was it going up in flames, and him passing out from all the smoke… oh, and the rafter that had hit him in the head. I don’t remember. I know it burned down though, he answered finally, shifting his muzzle away from her and staring off into the distance. It was sort of saddening to realize that the last and only memory of your home was of it burning down.

table by akumu
[/html]
[html]

She lifted a hand and gently placed it on his shoulder, leaning slightly to the side so that she could reach. "I’m sorry to hear that," she offered, but then pulled away as if suddenly feeling that something about all of this was too candid. She offered a thin smile, before looking down towards her knees. Maybe he would be interested to know that many of the wolves in the area had shared the same experience – watching their homes burn into nothing. Thankfully, Ryan hadn’t been here for that. She had watched her old life drift away like forgotten ash, but could never understand what it would be like to have one place to call home for a significant amount of time. Maybe Inferni would become that for her.

She swung her legs, almost fidgety in the silence that had shortly followed. The glass that remained in her other hand was almost forgotten, until she laid her crimson gaze upon it. She sipped from it again, grimacing once more, but finding some hidden comfort behind that disgust. She glanced back towards Antigrin wanting to know what was really behind those mahogany eyes and who he really was. She longed for some sort of connection - she didn't really care who it was with.

[/html]