I'll take on anyone
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

She had been trying to tell herself that he would come back, that he was just taking a little vacation off somewhere...but she knew that it wasn't true. She had no idea where Khaden was or when he would be back...or if he would be back at all. And she missed him. Ember still wore the necklace that he'd given her around her neck, once a symbol of her lasting loyalty to him...but now it felt like a dead weight.

Why hadn't he told her where he was going? She would have been fine with anywhere! She would have even gone with him. But instead she was stuck in Esper Hollow with wolves that she didn't really know yet, without her mate. Her rock. Her securitiy blanket. And that made her mad. She knew that she had insecurities...and he knew it, too. So why had he left her behind?

The female was in her shifted form, standing high on her back two legs. She passed shop after shop, not looking into the windows. She was a little cold, as it was one of the chillier mornings, and had originally come here looking for clothing. But now she was just wandering.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
Iskata hadn't really left the packlands in a while, she had no real reason to, she'd tried looking for the male from Inferni with no luck. An old scent here and there was all she found and she dared not enter into their lands to find the stranger who she'd shared idle comfort with on a off day. She didn't know what had brought her out this day or why she'd went lurking among the human city but she had and she did.

The silver and gold lady had kept to her luperci form and now she was stuck thatway, but she really didn't care. It was a busy time in the packlands and she needed the strength of arms and the power of hands to set to the chores to get ready for harvest. She smiled to herself at the thought of introducing the pack to a harvest festival to gather as one and celebrate before the long cold months of winter came roaring in. She would ask Deuce and Hel what they thought when she returned, she knew that Hel needed something to look forward to after the loss of her litter and she herself could use a bit of happiness.

She hadn't been paying attention until she caught the scent of her daughter. Snapping herself out of the thoughts that were taking over her mind she turned the corner and called out as she caught sight of the ebony wolfess. "Ember?" she questioned, though there was no doubt in her mind that the figure before her belonged to her daughter.
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

She stopped when she reached one of the windows, looking up into it. It was covered in dust, and there was a large, spider-web crack in the side of it, but she could make out what was inside the shop through all of it. Looked like clothing. It was what she had come for, after all, or, at least, what she had told herself that she had come here for. She just wanted to know where Khaden was, really, if he was here...and clothing was the smaller, secondary reason.

She was reaching up for the twisted doorknob when she heard her own name being called, and turned back to look. She ought to have been able to recognize the voice, but in her half-daze it had slipped her mind. A few moments after she realized that she didn't recognize Iskata's voice a wave of guilt swept over her. How could she not have recognized her own mother's voice? Her ears went down for a moment at the thought, but as Iskata approached they raised again. She was really happy to see her again, to find out about how her pack was doing and catch up on the news.

And maybe she had seen Khaden...maybe he'd come there, for some reason, and had gotten stuck there. Or maybe he was sick. Ember had just gotten over having the flu, and maybe he had caught it from her...there were a million possibilities, really. She wanted to know where he was so badly. "How are you doing? I was looking for some clothes...it's getting colder"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
She smiled at her daughter as she cleared the distance between them by crossing the long empty street and stepping up onto the sidewalk. She was slightly surprised to realize that her daughter was now taller than her, though she always had carried on after her father.. she should have seen it coming but a mother was always the last to know. The words that her babe spoke of made Iskata smile, she could tell there were things on the girl's mind but she just shook her head, the twin pumpkin spots on her brow quirked in question as she commented. "I've noticed, fall seems to be short this year.." The season was alreadu upon them and already it appeared that the bitter winter winds were threatening to blow. She only hoped that the threats would be just that.. a lot of wind.

Iskata's palm pressed against the glass as she peered inside quietly, giving Ember a moment or two to gather herself as the elder woman looked into the store before them. She hadn't worn human clothing for a while, not since she'd been a member of Storm and before the children were born. She smiled slightly at the memory as her eyes flickered back to her baby. "How's Esper Hollow?" she asked quietly, wishing for a moment that her children weren't scattered so to the winds.. but knowing that they had their own lives to live as she had her own pack to care and love.. sortof her empty nest syndrome.. the pack had become her children.. but perhaps soon the nest wouldn't be empty anymore.
[html]

ooc:

"I'm not sure...I haven't been there a lot. Khaden used to go around with me, and we'd meet people together or do things together...but I haven't seen him around. For a while, actually. I woke up one morning and he was just...gone." There was something wrong with her; that had to be it. The second she actually got a hold of something solid, someone who said that they would stay with her forever, they dissapeared. He had left without a word, without saying a single thing to her about where he was going, when he might be back. She would have left with him. She would have left everything.

She turned to look into the shop as well, a welcomed distraction from what she was saying and thinking. She didn't want to think about it, really. She just wanted all of it to go away. Ember had really thought that this would be the time when things would work out. Everything had felt so right. "We should go in. It's probably not much warmer in there...but it'll be a shield from the wind."

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
Fire flashed in the silver and godl Matriarch's eyes at the words her daughter spoke of. She'd met the boy who had won Ember's heart and she'd thought he was a nice enough soul, but it seems she was wrong. She shouldn't be surprised, it seems that all males wore two faces in this world anymore. She sighed and closed her eyes, upset by the pain that the male had caused her daughter and in the suffering that Ember had already gone thought. Iskata knew that the girl had flitted from one pack to another and yet it seemed that the girl was more of a loner than anything, even in her own pack. Iskata flicked her ears back as she spoke softly. "I'm sorry Ember... give it time, you'll find pure happiness soon.. perhaps Khaden had something he had to tend to.." She tried not to sound bitter at the end of the words, but the suggestion reminded her so of the exact thing that Ember's father had done. She hadn't forgiven him and she wouldn't take him back, not now.

When Ember suggested that they go ahead and enter the building Iskata nodded in agreement, not sure what she thought of searching through winter clothing, normally she got along fine in the winter months but she knew this winter she'd have something else to worry about and that surprise was something she wouldn't mind fussing over how warm they were. As the two woman entered the building she turned her eyes towards Ember and asked, [d]"Did you get your father's letter?"[/b] Iskata wasn't really interested in the letter, but she'd followed through with the one last thing her name had asked and she'd delivered the letters to the friends and families of those her mate had cheerished. Now, she'd worry about her future without Phoenix and with the children she would bring into the world within the season.
[html]
I don't know anything about this letter o.o; is Ember supposed to know?

"Letter?" She didn't remember a letter...but then, all of that felt like it'd happened a lifetime ago. "I don't remember a letter." Ember shrugged. What did it matter now, what Phoenix had left? He was gone. Just like almost everybody else. What had happened to the wolves who had made up the packs that she had lived in? Most of them she had never seen again.

She looked around the shop a little, going toward a clothes rack and flipping through the items. She really wanted a sweater...what season had it been when the humans had blown themselves up?

[/html]
Iskata shook her head at her daughter's words. She'd rather the child not know the pain their father had caused them all. "Nevermind.. it's nothing. None of the past matters anymore.." She was bitter but though she'd put him behind her the taste the thought still left in her mouth was enough to start it all over again. She looked up to her daughter as they picked and played at the clothing. Iskata knew that Phoenix had loved his daughter so, but Iskata wondered if it was really his child he loved or the memory of another.

She picked up a pair of ripped up, laced up, designer jeans and smirked as she gazed at her daughter who was concentrating on finding something of her own. "Don't think I'd be fitting into these anytime soon..." Iskata was so the hot momma, too bad she had no one to play the role for anymore.. and a pregnant mamma wasn't exactly the sexiest sight anyways... atleast she didn't believe so. She wondered if her daughter would pick up on the hint though..
[html]

"I'll try and be there...when they're born. I want to be there for you." She started, nodding. Yes, that was definitely something that she wanted. She had to live in the now--she needed to be with her mother during these times. Ember hadn't expected to find her here in the city, though. "You came all the way out here, though? Isn't that dangerous?" Overprotective, a bit...but it was about time.

"If I was having pups...I'd be sitting back and relaxing. But then, I guess I don't have a pack to run. And stuff to do, really. Just looking for clothes." Which wasn't really much of anything.

[/html]
Iskata smiled at her daughter as she said she wanted to be with her when the puppies were born. The woman wasn't so sure if that could happen, no one ever knew when it was going to happen, but even if Ember missed the birth of her siblings she could still visit. Then Ember seemed to turn the whole discussion around as she asked her mother why she was out and about all alone. She couldn't help but laugh at how strange the question seemed. Shaking her head she explained. "It's not as bad as it seems.." She ran her hands across some different clothes as she continued. "Phoenix Valley runs into the outskirts of the city.." She really didn't feel like she was risking anything but she'd always kept active during her pregnancies. Was she strange thatway..

She chuckled at the words that her child spoke of as she herself rummaged through the racks. Iskata paused a moment, "Well, perhaps that's what most others do, but have you known me to ever follow the rules?" She teased the young girl. Iskata had always respected her packs and tended to her responsiblities, but following every rule had not been her best suit. Her eyes glanced over at her daughter as she raised a brow. "Besides, sitting around after a while becomes boring.." She could sunbask all she liked.. but in the end she needed to keep busy to keep from growing bored...
[html]

"Yeah. I guess you're right. I could use a few thrills, myself." Ember nodded. She could understand not wanting to follow all the rules; that would definitely get boring. "I can't see anything here that I want, though...nothing that would fit. I thought there would be a bigger selection." She would see Iskata again, she knew. But she still had things that she had to take care of, important things, and she couldn't keep putting them off. "But...I should probably head back to Esper Hollow. I haven't been there in a while, and I need to see if there's anything going on. Probably not, though."

[/html]
She smiled at her daughter yet felt a stab of sorrow as she wished that the girl wasn't a strong willed and pigheaded as her own mother. She wished that her children could and would find happiness yet she wanted them home just the same. Iskata just nodded to Ember as she seemed to have given up on her mission. She flicked her eyes towards the packlands as she said. "Come home sometime Ember..." Her words were wistful but her wish was true. She doubted that Ember would come 'home'.. but perhaps she'd actually get a chance to see her again, sooner than later.