we sleep inside of this machine
Neighhh. [html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

A deep chocolate brown mane cascaded down over strikingly mahogany eyes, and Ryan watched with as much interest as a small child might have. The stallion stomped a foot disinterestedly as his long muzzle prodded the earth, unimpressed with this sandy wasteland. She had to silently wonder where he had wandered from and if he was lost. She titled her head, sandy brown hair falling over her shoulders, while she tucked her knees up towards her chest. She had never seen a horse before and wanted to explore further, but was afraid she might startle him and send him off. Furthermore, he was rather large, even though she remained shifted, and she wondered if there was a possibility he might strike at her.

The expanses of Inferni lay forgotten behind her as the young de le Poer watched the palomino stand idly in the fading sunlight. His peach tan color was similar to the fur just behind Ryan’s cheek bones – portraying some sense of warmth. If only she was able to speak to him.

[/html]
[html]
It was surprising, but not necessarily unfounded that Ryan had found herself a home within Inferni. Corona had picked up on the girl's scent when she had come home and after a change of bandage on her arm, she had set off to figure out just where she had wandered away to. She had taken a liking to her from when they had met around the borders and while there had been some time since then, part of her just wanted to make sure that she was well. Given how many wolves out there didn't like anyone who even smelled slightly of Inferni and her own sporting injury, who knew.

So it was out in the sandy expanse of the territory where she found the hybrid—and something even more questionable, like a horse—that finally drew her in. She came up close to where Ryan was, eyes not on her but the palomino, partially caught up in the memory of the horses that both she and her father had once ridden. “That's a sight you don't see every day,” the gold-haired Lykoi commented, brushing her bangs out of her eyes. “Nice to see that you've decided to stay here as well.” It was then that she turned her attention to Ryan and offered up a smile, letting the horse graze quietly without another set of eyes on him.
[/html]
[html]

Watching the majestic creature graze with such disinterest in her, made Ryan want to learn low speech (though she didn’t know the term for it). She wanted to inquire where he was from and where he was going. Were horses common here? Ryan hadn’t seen any before and something seemed odd that the palomino would choose this area to settle. After all, it wasn’t exactly picturesque.

The words that drifted behind her didn’t startle, and they almost seemed familiar in some way. When she turned her crimson gaze on Corona, she then realized why. She offered a smile before turning to look back at the stallion. "I wonder where it came from," she commented, flipping the length of her hair over her shoulder as it tickled her cheek. She gazed in silence for a moment, before replying to the Lykoi's second comment. "I wanted to be near my dad," she revealed, even though things on that front were still a tad bit strange. Revealing their relationship had taken place a lot different than how she had imagined it would, but she hadn’t realized that Anselm was under the influence of some sort of narcotic. Perhaps things would have been different if she had found him another time. "Anselm," she told Corona.

[/html]
[html]
Well, that explained the particular shade of her eyes. They reminded her of Ahren's and of Anselm's, though now she could keenly see the resemblance between them. It made them relatives, albeit distantly. “It could have come from the other side of the mountain. Before the fire, back a couple of years ago, my father was the leader of a pack called Chimera. We had a barn of horses back then, this could be one of them or maybe the offspring of one of them.” She didn't recognise the horse, but that didn't mean it wasn't possible. It had been a long while since she had ridden one, let alone dealt with one. But that aside, she pondered the first topic again. “Does he know that you're his daughter?” She couldn't imagine how someone would take that kind of information. Instinct told her in the best way possible, but Anselm didn't overly strike her as the kind to have children who were just lying around… but she didn't really know him that well either.
[/html]
[html]

"He didn’t at first," she replied, watching as the horse raised it head for a moment, before turning apathetically and walking a few meters away from them. "But I told him not too long ago." Things didn’t really seem that much different. "He had no idea, but he remembered my mother. I suppose that’s a good thing." At least she felt in some sense that he loved her mother. Sure, he hadn’t been around, but it wasn’t as if she was a one night stand and then tossed to the curb. She had been significant enough for him to remember and without wondering if it could have been anyone else. "Does he have any other children you know about?" He had asked if she had been the only one, but she wondered if there was a possibility he had found others after Lene. If so, maybe she had siblings.

[/html]
[html]
“Not that I know of,” Corona said with a shake of her head, letting her gaze linger on Ryan for a few moments. “I'm afraid I don't know him very well either, so I can't even begin to say for sure.” Perhaps in time she would get to know her distant cousin better, but until then she primarily had stuck to those that she knew. Her brothers, her sister, her niece, and her father and then the assortment of old pack mates and friends alike. But it was also up her alley to spectulate a little, whether aloud or internally at the possibilities. As it were, it seemed like the latter of the de le Poer clan had many children. Her father was an example of this and she imagined by now that Mab and Bowie had their own flock to tend to.

Even her brother had children, for that matter. “But I guess you never know either. I have a lot of siblings, even if most of them I only share one parent with,” she mentioned offhandedly, letting her gaze wander around the landscape beyond the horse, eyeing the distant mountains to the north. She wondered if anyone still remained there at all, trying to sift through the ashes that had probably long been bleed into the ground. It pained her to know that the forest that she had grown up in was completely gone, both around Inferni and Chimera in its entirety. None of it had been recognisable to her which made it an utter shame, a painful one at that.
[/html]
[html]

"Hmm, I guess I wouldn’t mind. It would just be nice to know." There were still a lot of things that she questioned and possibly wanted to ask Anselm about. But not right now. She could wait. She figured prying him for answers so suddenly after revealing that he had a daughter could potentially cause problems. She didn’t want anything to turn into a big mess. She was just curious, was all. But siblings wouldn’t be so bad. If any lived around here she would be able to ask them more about their father. And if not, well, that was fine too. She seemed to be well enough on her own so far. "Inferni’s seemed rather quite so far," she commented, arms wrapped around her knees as she looked up towards Corona. "Is it always like this?"

[/html]
[html]
“When the people who don't like us leave us alone, yeah, it's mostly quiet,” Corona said with a nod. But even that quiet was decieving, as she well understood. The war was over and yet Dahlia de Mai continued to pick at them from afar, even one going as far as being the reason that Corona was standing there with a well bandaged arm. “But we've always got to be on alert, you just never know any more. Well, in my case and my brother's case, you just know something else will happen eventually. Some wolves have had a grudge with Inferni for years and years.” She didn't know how far it when back, but the hatred between wolf and coyote probably went back to when they were less intelligent creatures. It had been passed down from generation to generation and would continue to be that way. “But you're settling in well, yes?”
[/html]
Uh where are we planning on going with this? XD Do you have any ideas, or do you want to wind down and end this soon?[html]

"Hmm, I guess I’m glad it’s quiet then. The whole thing just seems rather unnecessary and stupid to me." She had come to find out the true meaning behind this war between the species. DaVinci himself was caught up in the middle of it. Truthfully, it made Ryan mad. She didn’t see why the wolves and coyotes couldn’t just get along with one another. "Yes, I am, thanks. It’s definitely different than how I grew up, but it’s nice. It’s good to know that I’m with some of my family again. I felt lost for awhile after my mother died. I think things will be better now that I’ve found Anselm." Not to mention, a feeling of belonging had seemed to come over her now that she was a part of Inferni.

[/html]
Uhh, it's up to you. I'm find with them just talking about random crap or Ryan could notice that she's got her arm bandaged up and they could talk about that!? Or we can end it. I don't mind either way, but I am sorry for taking so long with this. <33 ;_;
[html]
Corona imagined that the reason why Inferni stuck together so well as it did was not always because the coyotes and the mostly coyote hybrids were oppressed. Ryan herself was of some distant wolf heritage, as was Anselm, Gabriel (and his children), and herself. Wolves were social creatures, bound together by a need to support one another and as a basic survival mechanism. Most of the coyotes who had ever come to Inferni had eventually left. Family kept them together, but it was something else that geared them to make a pack, or a clan, whatever it was that they were. “I'm sure they will be. Having family around is usually good,” she said with a faint smile, though knowing there was a time in her life when it hadn't been. “The hurt from loss gets easier eventually too,” but not that she was totally speaking from experience. Corona was indifferent towards death, but anyone that had ever died in her family had probably had it coming, or she had simply never held much of a bond to them. It was a cycle, a circle, just the way things went.
[/html]
Alrighty, if you want, they can chitchat a bit more and then we can wind it down or something. :][html]

'The hurt from loss gets easier eventually too.' The hurt. She tried to deny that there was any hurt, but she felt it almost daily. Just as Corona had said, it had begun to get easier – diminishing day by day and then perhaps it would fade to nothing. That was a scary thought. When the pain was gone, would all memories of Lene be lost as well? She only offered a low hum of agreement in response, watching the palomino absentmindedly. She would deny the pain because then she could deny that her past had even existed. In some ways, she didn’t want anyone here in this new life to know about her past. Yet at the same time, she didn’t ever want to forget her mother. Ryan just wanted to let go of all the horrible things she had seen in her life – perhaps the same things that made her seem so callous at times to others. She turned her gaze onto Corona for a moment, studying the bandages on her arm, before looking away again. She wished her life could be as simple as the stallion’s – grazing where ever and whenever she pleased. "What happened to your arm?" She asked, turning to catch Corona’s blue gaze.

[/html]
[html]

“It was a gift from a wolf in Dahlia,” she answered with a shrug. “They attacked me in the forests south of here. I fought them off for the most part.” It just went to show that they weren't really all that liked. It didn't matter how wolf or coyote they looked, if they smelled anything like Inferni or Gabriel, they were worth attacking. “It's healing up pretty nicely though and wasn't really as bad as I thought it was when I was cleaning it up.” And since her arm hadn't fallen off, Corona had a little more stock of faith in her own skills when it came to healing.

[/html]
[html]

"Oh," she responded almost immediately, shaking her head. This whole wolf versus coyote war was bullshit. She didn’t understand why there was such bias between the two. Perhaps for her it didn’t make sense because she was mixed of both bloods. She supposed she was grateful in some ways for not growing up around here – she would hate to think of herself as being as ignorant as some of the people she was surrounded by. "Well, good thing it’s healing," she offered as a side note after Corona explained it further. She wanted to say more, but didn’t know what else to offer. Talk of the war between the species only ever made her depressed. Mostly because it made things between Ryan and DaVinci more difficult.

[/html]