forever again and remain
[html]

This isn't a mandatory thing, I just think it's a good idea for our pack to have a hunt!
I'll give you all a week to reply, and then the hunt moves on. Posting order will be put up in a week.

It had been a while since the pack had joined up together. They'd grown and lost members since then. The Shaman stood at the edge of the woods, her bi-colored eyes on the herd of elk. One was further away from her herd, her belly distended with a late pregnancy, a limp in her rear right leg. That was the one Deuce had slated for execution. She would be slow and tender, ready for the kill. A good feast. The pack could eat and then make merry.
Deuce wasn't much of a hunter, but she was trying to learn still. Lucifer had taught her what he could, but she wasn't the greatest. That was her biggest flaw (besides her tendency towards violence to hybrids and coyotes.) She stood in her halfling form, the bulky form being good for power. Even in her halfling form, she was still lithe and catlike. Her mane shimmered a white-gold in the setting sun's light.
She tilted her head back and let a musical call fall from her parted maw. "Everyone who is able and willing, come hunt with me. We run tonight, my family." It had been so long since she'd been on a hunt. She felt her pulse speed up. The elk lifted their heads, looking in her direction. When no attack came, they resumed their foraging. The pregnant elk bent to drink from a stream. Deuce began to pace eagerly, awaiting her pack mates. Her eyes never strayed far from the female she'd chosen to hunt.

[/html]
ooc- haha.. you beat me to it, though later there is going to be a festival thread.. an actual holiday for the pack!

Iskata knew by now that there was little help she could be to the hunt, but the silver and gold woman came when the Shaman called. The Matriarch crouched down in her optime form as she smiled over the amber waves of grain towards Deuce. Her sun shot sky blue eyes scanned the scene before them as she nodded at the beast that Deuce had picked out for the hunt. Iskata was quick in this form though she knew that four feet were better than two when trying to hunt down the large elk. A shiver ran down her spine as she thought of the excitement that would begin when the family gathered.

She knew that she was beginning to show, though no one had questioned the Matriarch yet of her pregnancy and she hadn't given a single word to confirm or deny the truth. She knew how her coleader would feel if she found out the parentage of the litter and she didn't want to upset Hel with the pain of having lost her own so soon. Iskata had kept silent when needed, and this was one of those rare moments for the Matriarch. She valued each and everyone of their packmates as family, but sometimes there were even closed doors inside a loving home.

Moving closer to the woman she nodded and smiled, her voice soft as she asked. "I trust everything went fine between my children and what was needed.." She didn't really want to bring up the touchy subject, but she had to know that her wayward ones were well, atleast as well as could be. Leaning against one of the old oak trees that shaded the edge of the woods she spoke just to pass the time.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: The Child Of The Tundra Is Here

Thought I might join in, if it's ok? Smile

Pilot made table. :] <3

IC: HERE HIS CRY

A hunt was on? This news seemed to spark up the snow white wolf. It excited him, to participate in a pack activity that he might enjoy. It would be his first hunt in a pack. Pendzez was hoping that something like this would happen, and today was the day. Pendzez didn't know where to start, but his instincts told him that to try Deuce's home. Pendzez thought through the idea of going on a hunt, but his mind said yes, let's do it. He had doubts, but chose not to fret about them.

Pendzez started to wonder who would go. Jefferson? Iskata? Deuce? Well, Deuce had to go, if he had to go to her home for the briefing. Jeffers wouldn't probably be up to it. Iskata, well, not sure. Pendzez could hear calls in his mind asking to come join. It sounded like Deuce's voice asking him to come. If it was her, then Pendzez didn't have a choice. He had to find her.

He got a woodland area. Trees seem to occupy the whole area, nothing else. A scent was caught by his nose. It smelt like wolf, the same as Deuce. In fact, it was her. She was here in the forest, but why here? Pendzez heard that she was at her house. Pendzez wondered if this was a trick, but he wanted to take a chance. He started to walk through. Passing every tree, passing shrub, the scent seemed to get stronger and stronger, until there was another. Elk? It smelled like elk. The snow white wolf seemed to be close. He walked up behind a shrub and looked through. He saw a large heard of elk, grazing and drinking. He watched closly at their actions and movements. He looked over to the right and saw Deuce and Iskata coming in close, watching the elk. Having another gaze at the elk, he turned to go to the females. He made sure that he was sneaking, trying not to make a sound to startle the elk and frighten them, causing them to run away. He came up next to Deuce and whispered, "Hi there. So, what are we hunting?"

[/html]
OOOKay. It's just the three of us then. More can join as we go, loose posting order. meaning whichever of us is ready to act may act!

[html]
Deuce glanced between the two. Three was enough. Especially when they shoudl all be fairly experianced. The mother didn't want to think about the hunt she led where Hymn and herself got injured. So she pushed it aside. In answer to Iskata's question, the woman only nodded. "We'll talk about it later, Iskata. And other things as well,"she added meaningfully, glancing at Iskata's belly. She then turned to the herd, speaking to the two who had joined.
"There is a pregnant cow there with an injured leg. She's the one we want to take down. The three of us should handle it no problem." She licked her lips, then turned to the two. Pendzez, i want you to cicle around and set the herd to running. Avoid the hooves. Don't get near the bull elk no matter what. he won't try to protect the injured one, he'll be more worried about the rest of the herd. Iskata, you will use a large branch and swipe at the injured on to get her to run my way. Well corner her there, by those rocks. Then Pendzez and I can harry her, ripping hamstrings until I can get ahold of her throat. At that point, Iskata, i want you to stay out of the way. I don't mean to offend you, but i don't want you getting injured."
She glanced at the two, then returned her attention to the pregnant cow. "Ready? Let's go."

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: The snow is his cover

Well, this will be fun.

IC: He will get you

"There is a pregnant cow there with an injured leg. She's the one we want to take down. The three of us should handle it no problem." Pendzez looked over at the pregnant cow that Deuce had mentioned. This seemed to be an easy job, but as far as he knows, elks are known to be quite protective when assulted. However, with an injured leg, it would be contentrating on trying to keep it's balance. He would do a better job with there was snow around. There was little, too little for him to use it as an advantage. It would be hard, but with help of the females, he might get the job done. "Too bad there is little snow. I could've used that as an advantage."

"Pendzez, i want you to cicle around and set the herd to running. Avoid the hooves. Don't get near the bull elk no matter what. he won't try to protect the injured one, he'll be more worried about the rest of the herd. Iskata, you will use a large branch and swipe at the injured on to get her to run my way. Well corner her there, by those rocks. Then Pendzez and I can harry her, ripping hamstrings until I can get ahold of her throat. At that point, Iskata, i want you to stay out of the way. I don't mean to offend you, but i don't want you getting injured." Pendzez listened, but he was looking at the area, analysing the surroundings of the pregnant, injured elk. Looking at the rocks to the trees to the shrubs. He had ideas going through his mind about this hunt that might work, but for now, he had to obey Deuces command. Like a soldier, he replied, "Yes, ma'am."
[/html]
Iskata nodded towards Deuce as she mentioned their need to talk later. When the Shaman put in her secondary comment on needing to speak on other topics as well along with the gesture towards her tummy Iskata smirked, her hand passing over her belly as she nodded but didn't respond. She watched the herd move out before them as the third party member joined the two on the outskirts of the woodlands. Iskata's ears caught the sound of the young male before he'd made his entrance, she'd been hoping that Jefferson would have showed but she realized that this wasn't exactly the type of activity he'd be able to persue at the moment. She absently ran her fingers across her belly once more as she sighed and looked to Deuce to begin the details of the work set out before them.

While Deuce had went on with the plans for the hunt Iskata turned and smiled at the youngest member of their pack. She rolled her eyes slightly as Deuce mentioned that she wanted the Matriarch to stay out of the worst of the action. Grinning at the youth between them she whispered teasingly. "She's just trying to tell me nicely I'm oooold." Her eyes dancing over the boy's head toward's Deuce she nodded, admitting that she'd heard everything that the Shaman had said.

Stretching her limps out she grinned and asked. "So, let's get going." The Matriarch was ready to start the hunt and get out there. Creeping through the woods she set out to approach the injured doe, feeling slightly guilty that the life they were seeking to end was carrying a life within it that might never even have had a chance.. but she knew senseably that if the doe hadn't been singled out by them now.. someone else would have down the line and the calf might have been born by then.. to die without knowing it seemed the lesser of two evils than letting it live and then suffer.
[html]
Deuce watched the two set about obeying her instructions. She wished she still had the bow Dierdre had given her when she'd been pregnant with Tal and Noah, but it had been lost in the fire. She'd topped mouning all tht had been lost now. It was time to move on. And she was, in her way.
She eased to where she'd said she would wait, watching Pendzez and Iskata as they moved along. Her muscles were tense and straining. hunting had never been Deuce's strong point. She'd gotten better at it with Dierdre's bow, but it still wasn't the thing she performed best at. Herbs, that she was good at. healing she was good at. Hunting she was horrible at.

[/html]
[html]

Pendzez went around in the cover of the shrubs, trying to avoid being spotted until he got to the right stop for a suprise attack to send the herd running. If he had his spear here with him, he could use the wind to send them running, but for now, he would have to do it originally. He got to the spot of the surprised where he waited there until everyone was in place. He looked around to see if the others were in place. Iskata, yes. Deuce, yes. Now was the opportune moment to surprise them. With a force of his legs, he jumped out and started to send the elk running for safety. He saw the bull and avoided him to go for the pregnant one to get running in the right Deuce wanted here to go to.

As it started to run, Pendzez yelled, "Miss Sadira, she's coming." Pendzez was slowly approaching from behind until it was cornered enough for him to run.
[/html]
Iskata had been ready in the brush for the thundering herd that exploded past. The words of the youth were almost drought out in the rain of hooves on the hard packed earth. She gritted her teeth and remained focused on the injured female that had begun to fall behind and was weaving towards her hideaway. She grinned as suddenly she sprang from the brush, the rattle of the limbs about her and the savage snarl upon her maw seemed to startle the doe once more into turning another way.

Iskata followed the creature a couple dozen yards as she snarled and growled, spooking the female hopefully straight into the waiting arms of the Shaman. She knew she couldn't last much longer trying to keep pace with the doe so she faded off and into the edge of the woods once more as she watched the youngest member of the pack slide past and continue on after the creature. She couldn't see Deuce but she knew sooner or later the Shaman would appear out of the woods and hopefully this work would be worth it in the end.
Finishing her off. Great job everyone! Good job on finishing the hunt thread! One more post each to howl and announce our success. Big Grin Sorry, Pendzez for the PP. Just wanted to finish it up Big Grin

[html]
It was all running smoothly. Deuce waited until the cow got close, then leapt out of hiding, pearly fangs flashing as she snapped at it's legs. She growled, every fibre of her being feeling alive. She could feel every muscle working together in unison, pushing and pulling as her body moved fluidly, pushing the cow into the crevice she'd pointed out. She could feel Pendzez at her side, working the cow over just as she was. And then the fatal moment. Pendzez made her fall, and Deuce was on her throat instantly. Deuce hung there, her weight bringing the cow's head down, though the pregnant cow tried valiently to jerk away.
Deuce's jaws remained clamped around the throat, cutting off air and digging deeper into the artery. And then there was a hot spray of blood over the two white wolves and Deuce's fangs severed the cartoid artery. The pregnant cow was dead. Deuce released her throat, licking the blood from her lips, her eyes glittering with the wilderness and savagery of the kill. She threw her head back, her voice coming out full and throaty, rich with the success of their hunt. A kill. She had led her pack on their way to a succesful kill.

[/html]
[html]

Pendzez came up along Deuce as she was ready to strike. The cow fell, making it an easy target. Once it was down, Deuce went for it, which Pendzez helped aswell. What he did was kept it from struggling too much. Then it stopped moving, not showing any signs of breath. The work was done and the hunt was successful. Pendzez howled as he thanked his ancestor for giving him strength. Pendzez looked at the kill, making him lick his lips by just looking at it. He couldn't wait get his fangs into the fleshy meat.

Pendzez patted Deuce on the back. "Well done, miss Rhiannon. We made a successful hunt. We did good" Pendzez smiled at her cheerfully as he removed his hand. He looked again at the kill, admiring the work the three did. He looked in Iskata's direction. "I think we did good. Don't you, Miss Sadira?"
[/html]
Iskata came up short upon the two as they were finishing off the kill. The woman who use to be so proud and vain in her stalking and scouting skills on the hunt felt a stab of sadness at the fact that she'd been little less than a distraction in the long work that had been needed to bring down the cow. She raised her eyes to gaze at her co-leader for just a moment, the hurt she couldn't keep from flashing for a moment as she gathered herself and came to crouch down next to the kill.

She smiled softly at the excitement from the younger male as she nodded to the words he said before throwing her head back and calling out in her musical tones, the song of the hunt and of the kill, the gathering and feast for her people. There were a million different emotions that rang out with each note and the fierceness of the proud woman as the two leaders voices rode the winds.