life is darkness, forever and again
[html]

Backdated to whenever Firefly was in PV. LOL

The 'herbs' had done their job. Firefly had actualy bled, which had relieved her. The daughter of her co-leader hadn't actually been pregnant. Her symptoms and enlarging belly and nipples had all been psychosomatic. Her uterus was still small, unswollen. Her nipples had not leaked pre-milk. There had been no movement. yet firefly had been convinced she was pregnant, so Deuce, unknown to either Da'Vinci or Haku, had given Firefly different herbs than the ones she'd shown the hybrid boy.
She'd given the green-eyed female rose-hips, chamomile, and licorice to make it bitter. But none of that would have caused the bleeding. Deuce had gone back to the human library and found books on the worlings of the human mind. It wasn't about wolves, nor werewolves, but it was the closest she could get. Alongside of her, she had a medical dictionary, and a regular dictonary, in order to better understand some of what she read.
After reading for hours, she laid aside the books, sighing. She was no closer to understanding why Firefly had thought she was pregnant than before. She glanced to the sky. The sun's postition told her that it was time to go check on her patient anyways. She slipped on her pack, putting some dried jerky into it. If she saw one, maybe she'd catch a hare or rabbit on the way. The cabin where she housed her patients was on the further side of the territory. And that was okay. Walking was good for the shaman.
----
She paused outside of the cabin, knocking on the door politely. Firefly was her only patient right now, nd Da'vinci and Haku had left already. "Firefly, it's me. I brought food."

[/html]
ooc- Deuce shouldn't tell her she wasn't pregnant.. XD unless of course it's YEARS from now.. mwaha.

Firefly had been curled up tightly in a ball, not wanting anything to do with the world around her. She had been furious that her own brother had captured her and brought the truth out into the light of others. One she didn't even know at the time and the other was no one but Haku himself. She could have ripped both their hearts out when she realized that she'd been tricked. She'd been through hell already and to be stuck between the only two she really could care about but at the same time was filled with a fury that drove her mad for them to know her secret and bring her to help's doorstep.

IT had taken her long to calm down and stop snapping and raving at the two. Finally Deuce had to intervien and explain everything straight up to the young woman. When Firefly learned that if the unwanted children weren't taken now before they were ready that she probably wouldn't survive at all. The whole while that the ivory woman spoke she could see DaVinci from the corner of her eye, the bitter rigid form of her brother, of knowing what he was, what the children she believed she carried were, she closed her eyes and as tears of shame slid from behind her lids she gave in and let the woman do what was needed.

The boys it seemed had faded away and disappeared from the room once the process had begun and the cried of the young girl had begun. She'd been in a dazy the whole of the time and had slipped into a fitful sleep after all was said and done. Unknown to her that there had been no pups born into the world and that it had all been an internal battle of her mind and emotion the girl had given in and finally broken down.

Soft tears had fallen from her orbs as she lay there in a batch of sunlight with nothing but the silence around her. When the silence was broken by the gentle knocking on the door Firefly's eyes turned towards the door as she waited for the woman to enter. She didn't exactly feel like speaking at the moment but she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts either.
[html]

She didn't hear an answer, but that was okay. With a soft creak, she pushed the door open. Bi-colored eyes sought out the form of the daughter of her friend. When she saw Firefly, she gave a small, gentle smile. She entered, walking slowly. Her eyes studied the girl's face for any sign of her thoughts. "Hello again, Firefly."
She approached slowly, giving the girl time to adjust to her presence. "I brought some food. I thought you might enjoy some jerky. I know you must be sick of broth and marrow." She gave another smile, offering the girl the small sack with the jerky inside. "Tomorrow I think I'll catch some rabbits and make a stew out of it. What do you think of that?" She kept her voice light, calm. It was just another way she made sure her patients were at ease with her at all times.

[/html]
Firefly had been staring off into space but that space was suddenly occupied with the figure of the Shaman of the lands as she gave a small little smile. Firefly lowered her head down to her arms again as she turned her eyes away and gave a muted response. "Hello Deuce.." She really didn't feel like talking, she didn't even feel like being here, but there was nothing she could do about that. She felt hollow and empty, but atleast the creeping crawling feeling she'd felt since the assult had been replaced, if only with nothing, nothing was better than the emotions and nightmares that had been overwhelming her.

She shifted as she realized the woman wasn't going to leave, turning her face back to watch the snowy lady as she pulled herself up, her back pressed against the headbord of the bed as she raised her eyes and smiled weakly at the offer that Deuce had been giving her. She'd barely heard a word the woman had spoken but the thoughts were fading away as the real world around her came in suddenly bright and clear. She pushed the bedspread around on the bed as she answered. "That'd be nice.." She took the bag with a shaky hand as she caught the scent of the dried meat. She nibbled on one of the pieces as she stared at the dust motes that drifting in the air between the two of them.

Turning her eyes back to Deuce she asked softly. "I'm not much like her am I?" Firefly had never really spoken of her mother, she'd obey the matriarch's wishes, to a degree.. but there was little love between the youth and her better known parent. She didn't even know where the question came from, but who better to answer besides her mother than one to ruled alongside of her.
[html]
Deuce watched and listened. The girl was quiet, listless. Deuce wanted to tell her there had been no pups, to quell some of Firefly's pain. But she held her tongue. It would do no good for her to know, the Shaman felt. So She waited.
Firefly's question came as a sort of surprise to the woman. "I'm not much like her am I?" The pale woman thought for a moment, then answered. "I did not know your mother in her younger days, Firefly. I do know that she's mellowed since meeting your father. Honestly, you remind me of Phoenix. He was always willing to fight for what he believed in. He never liked me much, you know. Especially after I left his pack to join Lucifer again."
It seemed so long ago, the first time she'd met the brunette male. She'd been pregnant with Dierdre then, and aggressive towards everyone. She'd taunted and teased him, and then run away. the next time she saw him, he'd stumbled onto Dierdre's birth. It was after Dierdre had adopted him that the to had begun to get along. He'd always felt Deuce was flakey. Perhaps he was right.

[/html]
Firefly's ears flickered slightly as Deuce finally gave way to words and spoke about her mother. Firefly didn't know anything about her mother other than the fact that once she'd lived in Clouded Tears and after losing her mind had attacked DaVinci and been forced into exhile. When the topic was changed to her father Firefly sneered and laughed bitterly. "I am nothing like Phoenix. I would have never tried to convince my children that they were better than their older siblings.. nor would I have believed every bit of gossip the world threw to the wind. He was never willing to give DaVinci a chance." She turned her eyes away for a moment the spark of fire back in her gaze as she remembered her brief time with her whole litter as a child. "He'd tower over DaVinci when he came to visit like he wasn't worthy of being in the same space as us.. He never would have given him half a chance. Ever." She knew she was probably being stupid and childish right now but she wasn't her father's daughter, if any of them were it was Ember.. always Daddy's little girl.

She finally turned her eyes back to Deuce and sighed softly. "I don't know why he believed so strongly in those stupid fairytales.. there's no such thing as a perfect ending." She didn't really care for the whole history behind Phoenix Valley either, though atleast it was sculptured after starting afresh, not the happily ever after. Atleast they understood this time around that sometimes it doesn't go as planned.