where eagles dare;
[html]<style type="text/css">
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
[ooc] i can't be stopped, i've got to take that fool's life
Ehnie! <3

[ic] i'm outta bullets so fuck it, i use my knife

The night he'd spent with Savina had made him even more positive that he wanted to be with her. She had come along so suddenly, and yet at just the right time. The only thing Kansas was still unsure of was whether or not now was the right time to ask for her. Had enough time passed? Was she as certain as he was? The possibility of being rejected for this reason held Kansas back, but he so wanted to be free.

Kansas moved through the house, and finally went downstairs in his optime form, slipping out the door to the porch. He knew what he was going to do. He was going to take this chance, because he felt strong to do so now. Kansas needed to speak with Savina's brother. In some of the older stories he'd read, courters asked the maiden's father for her hand. It seemed like just the right thing to do. And perhaps if Savina wasn't quite ready, Ehno could hint this to Kansas.

He paced the porch, putting words together in his mind. It was still early - Ehno would be past this way sooner or later, wouldn't he?

[/html]
[html]
<3

Despite the uneventful times, Ehno still made a point to inspect and patrol the borders and the mansion, determined to offer his new home some protection. Often Ehno would do this whenever the need struck him, perhaps due to some part of him that still clung to wanderlust. When he awoke this morning and witnessed the sun clearly in the sky, the urge to at least check up on the mansion overrode the urge to roll over and sleep in a little more. With a content sigh, he rolled off the bed and made his way downstairs.

The house was quiet, filled with sleeping bodies and seemingly devoid of any other early birds. Ehno made his way outside, both to do a little check on the outside and to avoid waking anyone up. He was surprised to see Kansas’s white form pacing along the porch. From the time he had spent with the two of them during the pack’s creation, Ehno knew that his sister cared for the man deeply. Kansas himself seemed to feel the same way about Savina. They were cute around each other, and it was always fun to tease them a bit.

Ehno stood in the doorway for a moment, wondering what was on the mind of the cream hued wolf. “Hey there,” he eventually greeted with a smile. “Nothing like fresh morning air to help your thoughts, eh?”
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
[ooc] i can't be stopped, i've got to take that fool's life

[ic] i'm outta bullets so fuck it, i use my knife

Kansas thought he had an acceptable rough outline of his speech down, and he played parts of it over in his mind. His pacing had slowed; the birdsong and crisp morning air did well to calm his nerves. Perhaps he was so nervous because he didn't know Savina's brother. All he knew with any certainty was that the man enjoyed teasing the two of them (good-naturedly, Kansas thought) and that Savina cared for him deeply. But Kansas hadn't spoken with Ehno enough to know how he might react to something like this.

The door creaked open. He spun around, brushing his bangs from his eyes as he did so. How ironic that the first Crimson member out today was the very one Kansas needed. There was a smile on the other's face that Kansas found difficult to read, but Ehno greeted kindly. The Sadira nodded, smiling back and relaxing just a bit. Uh, yeah, I love mornings like this. What... Kansas was about to idly ask Ehno what brought him out so early, but decided against it. If he was going to do this, he might as well do it while he was still feeling capable.

Ehno. I... I wanted to talk to you about something. About Savina... It was out, though Kansas felt the strong urge to run and hide.

[/html]
[html]
Please please please shoot me for how late this is. T_T Replies should be faster now.

Ehno watched the other stop his pacing and relax for a moment, still rather curious about what was on his mind. But then as the young man spoke again his nervousness returned, amplified by the hesitancy of his words. ‘About Savina…’ Oh. So that’s what this was all about.

The Italian boy fought the urge to smile. But as he began to think about exactly what Kansas would possibly want to discuss with him about his sister, the urge faded. Maybe it was because he was drawing a blank, or perhaps Kansas’s own nervousness was rubbing off on him. Either way, Ehno cast off the budding feeling of unease and looked the cream hued male in the eyes, still leaning casually against the door frame. “Savvy, huh? What about her?” He was trying to sound casual about it, but his undying curiosity and that budding worry of his made it sound a little forced.
[/html]
[html]
It's all right!

Kansas had the sudden and perhaps irrational worry that Ehno was irritated by the fact that he had brought Savina up right away, that his decision to dive right in had been a bad one. He inhaled sharply, wanting to hit himself. But he couldn't very well rewind the scene and go the other route. Still, when he looked more closely, he saw that Ehno's mood changed to one nearly as nervous as his own.

The brother of his favorite girl tensed, his anxiety becoming slightly more obvious. Kansas chewed his lower lip, the words he'd practiced so diligently now gone from his mind like an escaped pet bird. Ehno had seemed laid-back, but Kansas' clung-to hope that the male would take this casually nonetheless faded to nothingness. The pale wolf cleared his throat a little, returning the intense gaze with as much confidence as he could summon. "Yes. I really think - I know - I love her." Kansas tried to grin, just a bit. "Would you mind if... I asked her to be with me?"

[/html]
[html]
He wasn't sure what he had expected Kansas to say, but he was relieved when the pale wolf finally said what was on his mind right off the bat. All of that nervousness and fidgeting, just so he could ask him for his sister's hand. This situation wasn't exactly what he expected to happen when he woke up that morning, but it wasn't a bad one. In fact, it was really good; it was about time the two of them officially got together.

Ehno nodded and thought for a moment about Kansas's question. Of course he was going to say yes; Kansas and Savina always showed the symptoms of love when around each other. But that didn't mean Ehno wasn't going to have a little fun with him first. He felt a bit ridiculous for all of the teasing, but it was just one of the many ways he showed his affection. "Lei è innamorato di lei, lei dice?" he asked in his native tongue, almost certain that the cream-hued male wouldn't understand him. He kept his gaze locked with Kansas's, going for a stern, but not unkind look. "You promise to always stay by her side? To never hurt her?" He was surprised to hear how serious his tone had become, though he shouldn't have been. His sister was was all he had left of his family, and he wanted to make sure she was happy and protected.
[/html]
[html]
I had a whole nice post typed up, and my grandad chose that time to start yelling at me, so I lost it. :/ So this probably isn't the best.

He felt immense relief warming him now that the words he had been meaning to say were out. He had taken this one big, cumbersome step toward what he wanted most right now. That part was over. It was out of his hands, and though there was still a lot of uncertainty involved with this, he had accomplished something. Ehno likewise seemed to relax, if slightly, his teasing smile still in place but toned down.

The Sadira tried to guess what Ehno's answer would be. In his heart, he knew the chocolate male would give him Savina, but Kansas didn't want to get his hopes up. He wasn't sure. Ehno spoke to him in that beautiful Italian, but unlike when Savina had spoken to him in her native tongue, he didn't understand Ehno at all. The other took on a more serious tone of voice when he next spoke - this time to ask for Kansas' word.

The little trembles that had been working his spine disappeared. He nodded, never interrupting their eye contact. "Always. I can't... I can't imagine hurting her. Ever. I promise."

[/html]
[html]
It's all good, mate.

This was definitely a strange situation, both males facing each other warily, hanging on the replies of one another. The situation could take a turn into awkard territory, or it could lead to a more happy and relaxed outcome. Everything would work out pleasantly, wouldn't it? Ehno assumed Kansas was a kind and responsible wolf who would treat his sister wonderfully and stick with her through thick and thin. But the Italian boy couldn't let go of his serious mindset until he actually heard his reply.

As Kansas's trembles came to a stop, and he looked him in the eye with determination, Ehno felt his sudden worry wash away. The cream-hued male's words were strong, and from the unbroken eye-contact and calm demeanor, Ehno knew he was telling the truth. He felt himself relax, noticing for the first time since Kansas made his request that he had become rather tense. But now he felt relief sweep over him with the knowledge that Kansas would be true to his word and remain by his sister's side. Ehno nodded slightly, a smile appearing on his features. "Good. I'm sure you and Savina will be very happy together." The young man offically had his permission.
[/html]