Silent Birthday Celebration
[html]

Fully two years old. By now it would be expected of him (back home) to have chosen a mate and settled down, as settled down as a canine could be. That idea was amusing to Leland, who now was miles upon miles away from “home” and relatively more alone than he had ever been before. Neither of those facts, however, causes Leland any grief. Life was enjoyable, even if no one here knew that it was exactly two years ago today that he came into this world, a squirming and helpless creature. Leland didn’t think of his birth however, he wasn’t even fully aware that today was his birthday, only that this was the season he had been born into and it caused him to think of his family and friends back home.

His brothers, his parents and most of all Lela and Rue (though he tried not to think of them), all passed through his mind as he wandered aimlessly through the woods, stopping now only because the springs he had come upon seemed so out of place to him. Looking at the springs (he discovered that there were four in number) it seemed as if they had risen out of the earth, not by a natural source but something more akin to magic. It was here Leland stopped and let himself fall gently into a crossed legged position, picking up a nearby stick. The images of the husky dogs and wolves he had known prior were still floating in his head, and it was these images he sketched roughly in the ground that was increasingly getting harder with the chill that was setting into the lands. While he drew, Leland whistled a soft tune, something he had only recently discovered he could do-whistle.

[/html]
]The tribe had been setled in for the most part. Her friends and family were now setting up homes for themselves and eachother, one by one shelters rose. Asha, she needed to run. Get away from the hassle of making a shelter and get away to see the land. She didn't know where she was going but, Aidan and Jaya followed faithfully. If you looked at the trio you would find it very odd. Asha herself was a redwolf only standing at 5 foot 5. Her face related to her personality. On her left there was gentle and feminene tattoos while on the right there was the warrior markings. Beside her ran the chocolate colored horse Aidan followed. He was always full of energy and spunk, good or bad. Above the two flew a dark feathered galapagos hawk, Jaya.

The warrior loved these moments, when three became one. They ran, or flew, in time. The wind throwing her spikey, flame red hair back. As a trio, theyw ere invincable, never losing a fight or misplacing their respect. Aidan's free spirit mixed with Jaya's calm and thoughtful nature came together to balance within Asha. She sloed downa s she noticed a new smell, followed by a figure. Aidan stopped mid gallop and took a few steps back, allowing Jaya to land on his bare back. The two were usualy good about giving the wolf space to interact with others without their constant care. The pair slowly left with Jaya's final word, "I'm right here...jsut a thought away." Her tiny figure stepped out of the forest as she coughed, announcing her presence. The male looked different. Not the average wolf at the least but, she didn't say anything.
[html]

The cough startled him, and it was evident that he had been expecting to be alone for quite some time because so soft a small, the gentle cough, had caused him to turn sharply and throw the stick he was using to sketch with several feet straight up into the air. Bi-colored eyes focused on the new arrival and for a moment he was silent, unsure of what to say (a rarity for Leland)- that is until the stick in it’s returned journey to earth hit Leland square in the head. Startled again (although not nearly as dramatically) Leland let out a hearty laugh, glad that the stick had broken the tension for him. "Why hello thar. Wasn’t expecting company, but that’s just fine."

Again he looked her over, taking in the features with a little more care this time. Her face was most unusual, as least as far as Leland was concerned. The tattoos and markings were not something he had come across yet and they stuck out, the bright color a striking contrast against the natural hues of her fur. Perhaps the face those markings were such a oddity was why Leland found himself staring a moment longer than was polite. Remembering his manners he grinned sheepishly, embarrassed twice in less than five minutes (although Leland took embarrassments like a champ, it was only another excuse to laugh (which Leland loved to do)). "Excuse me miss, the name’s Leland. You caught me by surprise, but that’s fine. I like surprises, mostly." Most surprises were good, although Leland wasn’t quite sure what type of surprise this was, though he was ready to find out.

[/html]
As the stranger spun around Asha quickly steped backwards in defence. His eyes stared at her and her orbs met his. He seemed to be in shcok at her presence 'Maybe this was a bad idea...' She thought as she waited for his reaction. Not having to wait very long befor the stick he had thrown in the air hit him square between the eyes. Flinching slightly she gave him an apologetic smile. The smile was soon followed by laughter as he began to laugh and greet her. "I wasn't expecting company either. I was just escaping my tribes work time. You know get away befor they tell you to build a hut." she sighed. It was a god send that the buildings she made stood at all! After her last few huts made over the days past she had decided it would be better to get away before she hurt someone.

His eyes looked her up and down. shifting awkwardly she said, "It's rude to judge someone on appearance." It was not ment in a mean way but a truth. She took a seat beside him and looked at his drawings, "Not bad." She teased lightly. "My markings are half warrior half female. It's an expression of who I am as a person." She patted the male on the shoulder, "My name is Asha Amara. My tribe just settled down a little ways from here." As she spoke she picked up the stick and started to draw. The picture showed herself, Jaya and Aidan running. "I guess surprises can be good for you...depending of course."
[html]

Bi-colored eyes became downcast and his ears laid back against his head as the female admonished a gentle reprimand. She had not spoken harshly, but Leland knew he had been staring, he just wasn’t sure why and he hated the idea of offending anyone, especially someone he had just met. "I apologize, I was not judging you. I was jus’ looking, I’ve never seen markings like that. I should know better though, with how of’en I get stared at ‘round here." Leland sighed and looked back at the girl, Asha, in her eyes this time. Did many canines in her tribe wear those markings? Leland did not voice the question, after so quickly making one mistake he did not wish to ask too personal a question before getting to know the lady better. Instead a more neutral question popped into his head.

"Tribe eh? I met a fellow in a tribe, wonder if you know him. DaWali?" They did seem to have some of the same mannerisms, a similar smell now that Leland stop to think about it, it was not completely impossible. Smiling as the female settled herself beside him, he chuckled as she examined his drawings and explained her markings, then drew pictures of her own. Looking at them, he picked up a stick and begun to etch in details to his previous drawing. "Yours are better." Had she had practice? Leland examined the pictures more closely, the wolf was her, he could tell that much, but were the hawk and horse anyone? "You drew those well, have you spent much time study hawks?" They were hard to examine in detail, unless they allowed one to.

[/html]
She watched her new friend curiously. "It's okay really." The boy had two different coloured eyes and was not a wolf, that was for sure. Looking at him now she felt sorry for they guy. "Everyone in my tribe has some sort of markings, Mine are just...more noticable." She smiled shyly at Leland. The stranger was growing on her. Her ears perked up at his question. "How do you know Dawali?!" She snapped sharply. She had not ment to speak so harshly but her father hadn't been around to talk to her since the move. "I'm sorry. Dawali's my father." She stopped with that explination. There was no need to go into a discription of the man is Leland had already met him.

Looking from his drawings to her own she grew shy blushing red. Tribe childrens grew up learning to admire nature in every way possible, she had taken a liking to drawing at an early age. Nodding shyly she added, "Practice." she mummbled. Aborad smile apeared for the first tim at the mention of Hawks. Aidan took this moment to come wandering into the clearing. His large dark chocolate body was hard to miss and Jaya's black, white and gold spotted figure stuck out clearly. She was glade to see her companion in a solid form and not the spirit form he seemed to prefer around the tribe. The Hawk took to the sky to sky and landed on Asha's exstended hand. His calm and collected voice rang in her mind, "The brute and I thought now would be a good time to show up. Your...friend seems to be harmless enough. He looks kinda stupid though don't you think?" A sharp glare eascaped the redwolf as she ran a hand down his long feathers. "I've raised Aidan since I was a child myself." She explained pointing to the wild looking horse who's saddle bore a bow and arrow and a good sized sword. "He's quite impulsive as his name means little fire. Jaya, victory, here I've had since I was about 8 months old. He's got some attitude sometimes but usually is calm unless danger's around."
[html]

Leland felt gratitude as the female seemed to sympathize with him. Perhaps she receive glances and looks far more than what she appreciated, Leland knew what it was like to be gawked at. Opening his mouth to make a comment, on the oddity of both their looks, the male became startled at the excitement caused by DaWali’s name. Drawing back, the male felt guilty, though for what he could not say. "I met the man... oh... weeks ago. He jus’ was new and I gave him some information on the packs ‘round here.” Leland nodded at her explanation, though he wondered why the name would cause such a ruffle if it was only her father. DaWali had seemed kind enough.

There wasn’t time to question it, nor would Leland have having already tread so closely to being considered rude, when out of nowhere a creature came and presented itself to Leland, landing gracefully atop the wrist of Asha. Odd colored eyes opened wide as Leland took in the figure of the hawk, he turned to Asha as she explained and gestured to the horse that too had appeared, from seemingly nowhere. Why hadn’t Leland spotted or scented them before? "My, my, will wonders never cease? Asha, dear girl, you er quite full of surprises, I’ll give ya that." Leland spoke lowly and appreciatively, as if he spoke too loudly and the animals would vanish as quickly as they appeared. It was not uncommon, Leland had learned, for canines to have companions of other species, but the saddle atop the wild horse was a new sight indeed, as was the horse itself. Looking questioningly at the saddled horse, then back to Asha, he hoped the female would explain more without him having to ask.

[/html]