the archer's bows have broken
Set at Whisper Beach.[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

She settled onto the cool sand, wrapping a navy blue blanket around her torso so that only above her shoulders was exposed. It had grown considerably cooler, yet it wasn’t winter just yet. Fall was upon them, which meant that the waters were too cool to go swimming anymore. She watched the waves lap lazily against the deserted sands as the hazy sun began it’s decent behind the horizon. A half hour or so of good light still remained and Ryan hoped to see the brilliant sunset reflected upon the gentle waves. She could always turn to nature to find some beauty when her life seemed lacking.

[/html]
[html]

Ade has an unnatural hatred for coyotes, but she is going to come around some day and Ryan being nice to her will help, I promise.

Adelaida was positive that she had the worst luck in the whole world. There could be no other way to explain her constant running ins with the coyotes. It seemed every corner she turned there was another one right before her eyes, and Adelaida wasn’t even sure how she had stumbled upon this female but she had (of course, Adelaida was day dreaming yet again, though the dreams she came up with were anything but pleasant as per usual). The creature was shifted, which Adelaida still refused to do despite the urges her body felt, and her back was turned, the female seemed focused on the water. Even so, and Adelaida wasn’t so close (but she wasn’t so very far away either) but she was too scared to run, she had made that mistake last time. She still sported the healing wounds, (large gashes on her sides, across her chest, a limp in her leg) from the last time she had run. And so, unsure of what exactly to do, least anything she did so attract attention to herself, Adelaida stood still as possible, completely mute, waiting to see if the creature would notice her of if she just could make a break for it.

[/html]
[html]

She folded her arms into her chest, feeling snug and warm in the large knitted blanket. She knew this moment would have been nice to spend with someone else, yet things didn’t seem to be so easy. She couldn’t read DaVinci like she thought she could. She wondered if maybe she would just have to give up on him and focus on other things. Like Inferni and her father. Maybe she could develop some more pride in her pack. She could even talk to Anselm or Gabriel to infer whether or not there was something she could do in order to help out their clan. She watched the sun sink, unable to realize its minuscule movements as it headed towards the horizon. Already, such brilliant colors were beginning to paint the sky.

She turned her head, letting her crimson gaze travel down the length of the shore. Her focus, however, was on movement behind her. She had a feeling she wasn’t alone. She listened for a moment, before she decided to turn and look. Still wrapped in the navy blanket, Ryan twisted her torso and peered behind her. What she saw was a wolf. Unshifted at that. She offered a smile, even though she was a stranger. "Care to join me?" She added, "It’s going to be a lovely sunset."

[/html]
[html]

Adelaida was surprised when the creature finally did notice her, the reaction she received was not the expected one. Still, despite the proffered smile and gentle invitation, Adelaida was hesitant. Coyotes were notorious for saying one thing and doing another. Shakily Adelaida took a few steps forward, her mind playing over and over in her head the scene of her running and the three coyotes chasing her down. Even though there was only one, and she seemed fairly content wrapped in her blanket at that, Adelaida did not dare offend her. Keeping more than a few feet between them, Adelaida settled herself down although did not relax her limbs, they were ready to spring away if the female gave her the slightest reason to. Thank you... the sky is nice. Adelaida had barely looked at the sky, but this was what the other expected, was it not?

[/html]
Sorrrry, college kicks my ass everyday.[html]

"No problem," she chimed, looking to the girl and giving a brief smile before she let her crimson gaze wander to the faint outline of stars in the darkening pastels. The water sparkled orange and pink in a long stripe that seemed to end at their feet. She smiled at the serenity of it, not feeling like there had been much peace lately. "I haven’t watched the sunset in ages," she revealed, pulling her arms in closer and snuggling the blanket against her frame. "It really is gorgeous." She caught the other’s eye for a moment, studying her wolfish build, before deciding to strike up some more conversation. She still didn’t know much of the wolves who lived in the area. "Do you live around here?"

[/html]
[html]

It’s okay. College eats my souls too. Sorry Adelaida is hard to talk with, she hates everyone and everything Smile

Adelaida was more inclined to watch the coyote just in case she wasn’t as harmless as she seemed, rather than the sunset though she tried to keep her brilliant blue eyes focused on the sinking orb. I haven’t watched the sunset in ages. Adelaida couldn’t remember a time when she had truly sat down to watch the sunset, perhaps as a child with her siblings and mother, but in the last year she hadn’t had time to think about something as frivolous as the sunset. Still she did not believe she had time to sit here, but she couldn’t tear herself away, couldn’t upright walk out on this coyote, least she create more ill feelings toward her from the members of Inferni. Errm yes... I’ve always lived around here actually. Although now she was more of a wanderer so she lived anywhere she pleased, no true place where she settled in at night, but these lands were home, for better or worse. Lately she had been staying in the forests just east of the beach. What about you? Adelaida already knew the answer to that, the female stank of Inferni, but it would be rude not to return the question, and she did not want to let on that she had had a run in with Inferni members recently.

[/html]
[html]

The soft lull of the waters crashing gently ashore was enough to sing Ryan to sleep. With the warmth of the knitted blanket and the orange glow of the dying sun, she would have been content with being trapped in the moment forever. Only a few things could have made it any better, but most of them she knew were impossible. "I live with my father now, but I used to travel with my mother. We didn’t really stay in one place." She couldn’t even say that she had a real home during the first year of her life. "But that was a long time ago," she added, because it had seemed like ages, even though it was only a matter of months. For some reason, today she was bad at holding a conversation. Yet somehow she would have been just as content sitting in silence, as long as she wasn’t completely alone.

[/html]
[html]

CRAP CRAP CRAP, I am still not use to these linked accounts, sorry. >.<

Adelaida sighed internally, the words she had wanted to hear had not come from the female’s mouth. Although she knew it, she had wanted confirmation that the coyote before her, indeed, was a member of the horrid clan. Yet all she got was that lady’s father lived with her. Adelaida’s eyes strayed back to the ocean, trying to focus on the sunset. It was hard to concentrate, hard for Adelaida to care about the fiery colors bleeding into the water, a wonder of nature and one of many the masked female took for granted. Turned back to the female, Adelaida could not keep the impulsive question from spurting from her mouth any longer. Inferni, right? You and your father live in Inferni? The question came out hurriedly, and Adelaida regretted the words as they left her lips. Wishing silently that she could swallow them back up.

[/html]
[html]

"Huh?" She muttered, having succumbed to the trance that the sunset had seemed to place her in. "Oh, yeah. Inferni. My father’s one of the leaders," she said casually, unaware of the clan’s extensive history or the thick cloud of bias that floated through ‘Souls. She had a small inclination of it all, having been told some by Corona, but that still didn’t mean much to her. Ryan didn’t care about war between wolves and coyotes – they were all canines to her. She didn’t see why the two groups just didn’t get over themselves. As a gust of wind blew, her bangs cascaded in front of her crimson colored eyes. Pushing the sandy hair away, she cast a glance towards her new acquaintance and wondered what her story was.

[/html]
[html]

That’s... despicable. Adelaida’s words came out softly and calmly, which surprised her, for as they formed on her lips she could feel the hatred and anxiety bubbling up inside her. How many times before had she had an outburst, saying the wrong time at the wrong time, loudly and frantically? Yet now her words came out collected, almost mechanically, though she assumed they still said the wrong thing. Perhaps the sunset did have a calming effect on her, or it was the female sitting besides her, who unlike other coyotes she had come across had yet to attack her with either words or fangs. Yet the female, who seemed so casually to proclaim she was from Inferni, angered Adelaida. Inferni, to the masked female, was not a casual thing, and though the stranger was unaware of the suffering Inferni had stirred in the life of some, Adelaida assumed that the female before her was in on the action. As far as Adelaida was concerned all coyotes were. Inferni is disgusting, a blight on these lands. I wish they had burned up in the fire that sent everyone fleeing here.

[/html]
[html]

Her head snapped to the side, studying her acquaintance now in a new light. "Despicable?" She questioned, as if she had heard the word wrong, though she knew she hadn’t. She could just tell by the way Adelaida was sitting, that something more was buried under those words. And then she knew positively that there was, when the wolf continued with her attack on the clan. "Oh?" Ryan replied, surprised at how bitterness seemed to drip from the one syllable. "It’s funny how wolves always talk of Inferni as if we were terrorists, yet it always seems to be the wolves that are the ones flaunting their biases." She wrapped the blanket closer around her, rising from the sand, and turning away from the water. Behind her the sky was painted a blood red as she cast a look of disbelief at the wolf.

[/html]
[html]

Adelaida sneered at the words, for as far as she was concerned, Inferni started the majority of the fights between wolves and coyotes. What could the wolves do but fight back? Biased? I’m not the one that attacked them. Three of the attacked me, with no reason. I never saw them before. And you think it’s the wolves that are biased? Of course, she easily forgot the early encounter with the younger coyote, the time she had provoked an attack, or the meeting with the alpha of Esper Hollow. Those events had been her doing, but the most recent and bloodiest of the incidents was fresh on her mind. Her body still sported the wounds from that encounter, though they healed steadily. How could this Inferni member explain that? They’ve given me good enough reason to believe all the rumors I’ve heard of them. And in the back of her mind, Adelaida believed that this coyote too, would add onto that list of reasons.

[/html]
[html]

She couldn’t help but scoff at the girl in disbelief. Could someone really be that ignorant? She shook her head, as if that would dispel all of the things that she had just heard. "Well I have never laid a finger on anyone," she spat, rolling her eyes at Adelaida. She usually was never this hostile or angry, but she wouldn’t take assaults on her new home. She wouldn’t stay here and listen to this bullshit. "Goodnight," she replied dryly, before marching down along the shore. When she was at least a good 15 meters or so away, Ryan settled back onto the sand with her blanket wrapped around her, preparing to watch the sunset as she had intended.

[/html]