And you left me..
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... anskje.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
ans serif; font-size:12px;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;color:#585454; padding:12px;margin-bottom:220px;">

Ethereal Eclipse, Private

The shy and scattered rays from the sun danced together with the colorful leaves that sought down towards the ground to die before white would flash over the country and hide away the beauty of death. If he would have had a favorite season, it would have been Autumn. The colors did not entirely fit his own coloration, but it was as close as it would get. The dark gray claws he had inherited from his mother clicked against the hard soil, not yet entirely covered with the leaves. He was unsure about what had happened between him and Deuce. It was not right, but he had no regrets. Problem was Haku usually never regretted much in the first place, so he had issues with properly calculating the size of this error.

He had lashed out on Firefly, and then she had disappeared, and she seemed to be determined to stay out of his life. So, was it that wrong of him to seek out someone else that wanted something as much as he did? He had to be careful, he could not dash around and pick out single targets any longer. The world had once not known who he was, so he had been sheltered by its ignorance, but they all knew his name, and they knew what he was. Of course, they had heard their own versions, but the main opinion was that he was a monster. He could not argue, because he knew they were right. Deuce did not look at him like that, and he was grateful for her friendship, no matter how twisted it actually was.

As for now, he was on his way home. A slow pace, no hurry. Giving the breeze a chance to swipe off the heaviest scent of the Shaman from Phoenix Valley was not a bad thing.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... F-head.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc522

Ever since he'd had some discussion with Laruku, Jefferson--although he knew it was not his name--had hardly focused on Phoenix Valley and the duties he was supposed to attend to, as tedious and menial as they were. The soul had taken to pacing and moving to keep his mind and thought process flowing at a constant rate, but it was of no use. What little he had recalled seemed the most he was to remember, and the rest was to be filled in along the way by what he could gently learn about himself and his past over time. It was disappointed and not what he had expected, but at the same time, the hybrid had never expected to remember anything after a point. He'd cared once, but then he'd stopped caring. The male had gotten used to living his life as the gimpy ex-loner Jefferson, and the creature called Maluki was long past. Hell if Jefferson could remember him, anyway.

But staying in one place was the worst thing to do. He was constantly up and moving, all too often straying from the limitations of Phoenix Valley in an optimistic hope of running into another stranger by chance with profitable information like Laruku had. The characters in Phoenix Valley were of no use to him in his search for an identity. His pack was slowly blurring in his mind as it was time and time again put aside for his own favors, but it was the 'home' that Jefferson had no choice but to return to. The lands he'd apparently grown up on had been burnt away to nothing--the graves of those he'd once loved, maybe, were now beneath torched grounds, and their scents clouded away permanently from the lands. It was too bad, really. He might have wanted to return someday, but the likeliness of that day was far off. It was of no point anymore--especially if his memories were only imaginings of the stories he was being told about himself.

For now, it was to Phoenix Valley he had to return to. The pack had been far too neglected by the Tenens for a number of days, and it was hardly big enough in the first place for a member to abandon it as such for even a short time. Some days it seemed his pack stood on the thinnest of stilts, bound to crash down from its peak at any given time. He hardly knew two of the three leaders. So why, as he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks opposite from another stranger, did he smell the hybrid-hating Deuce in the air? He was nowhere near Phoenix Valley, and the stranger looked like someone Deuce herself would detest (as much as she detested Jefferson without meeting him). His leg was aching from overuse in the hastening to return home, but regardless his single green eye peered thoughtfully--suspiciously--at the stranger. He was a gimp, but if something had happened to one of his leaders, well... he'd have to check it out, even if he didn't like the leader. "Funny," he said a bit coldly, "you smell like someone I know."
[/html]
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... anskje.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
ans serif; font-size:12px;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;color:#585454; padding:12px;margin-bottom:220px;">

500+

It was all so easy, but yet at the same time so hard. Once upon a time he had actually never needed to give a shit about anything that did not fit him in the moment. A foolish game had thrown him into a game of thrones, and he was the prince of Dahlia de Mai, one step below the ice queen. A light burden rested on his shoulders, but that was not the main issue. Sure, he was limited in more ways now when he was a leader, but he had accepted that and maybe this would lead him to a more peaceful path that he could actually enjoy. His problem was the silver and gold beauty with the emerald eyes. She made things stir and boil inside of him. He disliked it strongly, yet.. She had granted him a feeling. A feeling in itself was quite extraordinary already, but.. it was deep and warm and filled whole him with tranquility, peace. He had been blind, dead, and she had made him rise from the grave and breathe air once again. Not any longer, and the warmth had turned into something toxic that pressed against his chest, a wild beast trying to claw its way out.

Deuce had silenced the pain for a brief moment, but now when the fun was over and he was away from here, outside in the cold once again.. Had this been a mistake? He had lashed out at her for sleeping with someone, and he was doing it himself. Obviously Firefly did not want him anyway, right? The need to search her out grew every day, and he knew he would as soon as his body let go of her sweet smell. He would not know how to approach the younger female, or what to say, he only knew that he wanted to see her face again. If things turned ugly, he could jump back to old tracks and go back to the rapist and monster he truly was. Would make the sulking demon inside his head happy at least. Of course, with his title, he had to be slightly more discrete than he would have wanted, but Haku knew how to adapt. Besides, he knew he had Deuce. She was someone he actually could trust, and Haku was not a beast that threw away free tickets, so that meant something. He and she fitted so very well together.

Hybrid, one eye, staring at him. Instead of stopping dead in his tracks like the male in the opposite direction, Haku slowed down his pace elegantly before stopping, taking in the words the brute spoke. The light breeze was more in the stranger's favor than in Haku's, but Phoenix Valley was leaking into his nostrils along with... something strangely familiar, though he doubted he ever had run into this male before now. It triggered his curiosity. Cool. The somewhat retarded word left him before he could stop it, but it did not matter much. His voice was flat and neutral, while the words from the PV member had had somewhat icy edges. What? Were not leaders allowed to get into bed with handsome men? I'm on my way home from a business meeting with a lovely lady from your pack. Is there a problem? He tilted his head slightly and let a shallow smile enter his lips, but his eyes was cold arctic ocean, the opposite of the hint of green spring that belonged to the other male.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... F-head.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Your new avatar does not match your awesome table, and that makes me sad because I should have made them match. >:I
wc438

It was funny how the crossbred brute had a sense of honor and dignity when his entire character denied every bit of it. The scars that were embedded every which way of his body spoke a thousand stories, only some of which he could remember. He was such a complicated creature at heart, constantly fighting with himself on whether or not he could stand the companionship or dependence of a pack, or where he fit in there in the first place. He could not see himself interacting with other creatures so easily, and yet he did time and time again. In months past, he simply would have glanced the other way and ignored this passing stranger without a second thought, but a second glance over his shoulder to ensure that he would not be attacked from behind. And what a wall he had created for himself to climb over, in that he perpetually felt so exposed limping from place to place and cursing up and down, yet shaped his own personality to create himself stronger than he may or not have been. He could study his own psychology and find no cease to it regardless. He could be beaten down by his pack leader and destroyed and yet, still found the means to defend her from afar, even if she would never find out. Times like these, he hated himself for trying.

"I hope not," the brute answered, affixing his eye on the dark-colored rogue. He had a sort of familiarity to him that Jefferson hoped he was imagining; he was finding similarities to clouded figures in his memories everywhere, but identifying them was a different business. The several he'd found himself somehow related to or reminiscent of were welcomed, but he had a strange feeling about this one. The stranger's character seemed to leak of some sort of tragic undertones, probably that of his pack or something he'd committed. The one thing Jefferson could thank his gimpiness for was that he could appear exposed and harmless, but his own drive to survive had taught him maneuvers around the handicap. He was still the strong beast he'd always been, just... withdrawn. Either way, he didn't want to end up in a fight over the woman who had wronged him in his time of need... or so he thought. He thought he picked up the scent of Cercelee, but kept that quiet. "What was this business meeting over, then? My place in the pack has to have me notified of... emergencies." It was true, but he was just egging the stranger on. There had to be reasoning for that familiarity.
[/html]
[html]

Yeah, you are right. I guess I should try to get a new table. I'll deal with that when I am not as lazy as I am now.

They were two silent statuettes facing each other suspiciously. They shared more than they knew, their whole world had started of at the exactly same place with the mere exception of different halves that had created them. It did not run deeper than that, and that was not even close to deep enough for the male to care. Maybe the Dahlia wolf would have noticed the actual family bond between them if he cared about the finer details in other wolves’ individual scents. He sought out and remembered the main characteristic marks in aromas, then threw it away and never thought about it again. Easy and very simple to categorize, end of story. These are important matters I would not care to discuss with a simple ranked member, sorry. He knew the leaders in Phoenix Valley, and was certain the other wolf had not been a member of Phoenix Valley last time he had visited. He had a feeling of hot boiling water running down his spine. It felt good. The Lilium would guess the PV wolf was around a year older, though, life seemed to have been slightly unkind to him. They were both scarred from what they had confronted, but Haku had not had a chance to get rid of his eye just yet, though there were visible scars after claws both in his face and rest of his body. Haku always managed to avoid the worst scenarios. Maybe the chocolate three years merely was bored. He let his legs bring him a few steps closer to the other male, eyeing the brute wearily, fishing for entertainment that could keep the guilt from other actions away from his system, if only for a little while.
[/html]
[html]

wc354

escape is never the safest path

He had become more than a pack member, unconsciously. Jefferson was not simply a member--he'd become a friend, a comrade. He'd turned into both and adviser and a listener unwittingly, but the hybrid had yet to realize his actual worth without the use of his leg and eye. In his mind, he was still the helpless creature he had been months before, struggling to survive and find a place in his world, but had been kept so busy in his pack as of late that he'd never stopped to see the truth. Surviving was no longer a hassle, and he subconsciously knew where he belonged. All the memories of his time alone still rambled in his mind, but it suddenly felt like he had always been in that pack, speaking with the other members and seeing the faces he didn't know why he recognized. For the first time in his life, things were starting to work themselves out. Life was starting to fall into place before him, like a path he finally could follow instead of making his own along the way. He was beginning to enjoy life, even though he'd always thought he'd never find that feeling. He wanted to protect that life.

"Well," he replied simply as he watched the brute look over and belittle him,"I don't really care about that. I'm just doing what they tell me to." His shoulders shrugged and his green eye meandered away idly. How... dull. His interest suddenly ran thin, but his legs had already stopped. He might as well work on his reasoning and not skip off merrily before the task he spoke of was at least partway completed. "You look like you've seen some better days," he said suddenly, gaze still wandered elsewhere as he explored his observations out loud. "You walk like you've found happiness for the first time in ages. It doesn't take much to get me curious when you reek of my pack. M'Jefferson." He stood tall. "Hope those few minutes were good ones. You look like you could use some more, from what I can see. But hell, that's just me."

[/html]
[html]

sorry for crap post 300+

Doing what they told him to? He could not complain about a pack member that for once actually bothered doing its job. The green eyes lost interest and moved away, but Haku kept his gaze calmly on the stranger’s face. The chocolate male could not decide what it was, but it somewhat bothered him that he could not figure out who or what the stranger reminded him of. A salmon tongue flickered lazily out to wet dry lips that had been too busy the night before. A small shrug escaped the Lilium as the other brute decided it was not yet time to turn his back to the rude Dahlia wolf. It was true, but the three year old thought he had gotten away quite cheap compared to some of the less fortunate member of the pack. It had taken a lot of self control to not go visit the Inferni borders just to look for some Dahlia heads, simply to see the faces on stakes. Oh well, he could not have it all.

I’ve started to live a little. he replied, offering an emotionless smile. You’re probably right, but I start with small doses and I guess we’ll see where it takes me. He gave a small shrug. I am Haku. I suppose you could say I’m a rather good friend of Deuce. Was not hard to guess what kind of business meeting the Dahlia wolf had attended to. Never was a difficult guess in the first place. Was Haku that easy to read? Yes, Deuce had made parts of him feel more at ease, but the penalty was a weird feeling of guilt because of the golden flower back home in the pack lands. Anything more than Jefferson? You give me an odd feeling for some reason It was apparent that the older brute too had seen better days, but Haku did not seem to be able to forge interest for whatever had disfigured the other wolf. However, there still was something that locked his gaze to the other.

[/html]
[html]

wc295

Started to live a little. ...For some reason, the words sparked something in the hybrid's mind. It had something that had always been there, at least since his conversation with Laruku. He knew more about himself now. Jefferson had decided that he finally had things to live for, a feeling he had never found beforehand--he had family to find, stories to hear, memories to rediscover. For once in his life, Jefferson was finally becoming a 'somebody': he had a place in a pack, companions, and now a background story although it still needed some work before he could really begin to share it. His green eye watched Haku carefully but a snide, sarcastic smirk lightened his face at the term 'good friend'. Jefferson gave a subtle nod; he could have cared less for Deuce's late-night companions or her love life--or at that point, he could have cared less for her at all--but his mission was to keep an eye on emergencies in the pack. As long as he recognized this Haku as a character who wasn't out for blood or chaos, he didn't have to work any harder.

The fact that Haku asked for something further than his name startled Jefferson for some reason. He had nothing to hold back anymore, he decided, although he had originally wanted to keep his identity a ...secret. Did he really need to? He guessed not. He didn't know who this Haku was, but hell with it. "Yeah. I don't know who the hell you are or used to be, but if you knew a Maluki, I guess that's your answer." His vision strayed from here to there. Keeping secrets was never his thing anyway. "That's all the answer I got. Conked on the head and can't remember a thing."

[/html]
[html]

s..So sorry for the late reply.. 500+

Maybe they both had stumbled across revelations in different appearances. Haku had started to live in more ways than one it seemed, even though he wished he was more resistant to his growing attachment to other beings. The chocolate wolf had never really lived for anyone else but himself, not even while raising two children, one which was a relative, and the other one his own daughter. He had never had issues, never been able to feel guilt or regret by the hurtful things he did to those who seemed to care for him. He was finding it harder and harder these days. Stuck in a larger group without being able to run about unleashed and do as the voice commanded. Yes, the voice that had become rarer, flushed away by the fire that came along with a silver and gold female.

The Dahlia wolf was indifferent to the older male’s little smirk as he let it be obvious that Deuce was ‘indeed a good friend’. Whatever, he doubted words would travel. So sad, that the blue eyed male would even grant a worry to the fact that Firefly might figure out his side jump. It was none of her business, and it was totally below his level to worry about such pathetic things. He was his own master and he did as he pleased, no matter if it woke up anger within other beings, including Cercelee and Firefly. His line of thoughts was disturbed as the Jefferson fellow picked up his voice. Interesting words were picked up by the Lilium’s ears.

Yes, as a matter of fact, the name Maluki was already stored in Haku’s brain, even though the name had never known a face. Maybe they had met, but if that was so, then Haku had been too young to remember, and that alone made this meeting quite a bit more extraordinary. Haku’s pose did not change, nor did the neutral expression on his face, but his orbs began a second scan of the other male, finding more interest in the brute than ever before. Maluki Soul, son of Colibri Soul and some Acid fellow. Yes, their mother had held a love for the Sadira males, all right. Different fathers, but both Sadiras and Souls by blood. Oh, all the tears mommy would have shed if she had been here now.

Maluki Soul. I would never have believed our paths would cross. Ever. The male’s words were more directed to himself than to Jefferson, or Maluki, whatever his name was. It was no lie, because fragments of Colibri’s smell were detected in the Phoenix Valley member, even though Haku’s nostrils had to work hard to catch the familiarity. Yet, here you are. I almost wish our mother was here to witness this, but I am not sure if her heart would have survived the return of her lost firstborn son. Their mother had always been too soft, never been able to let the past rest. Quite ironic that Maluki now had popped up after her disappearance.

[/html]
[html]

wc319

Jefferson's scowl wavered somewhat, green eye focused solidly on the stranger. How perky he had become all of a sudden, at the mentioning of the brute's real name, but Jefferson could only wonder why. Apparently, Haku knew who he was, but the two had never met. Perhaps that was why the sight of him triggered no memories, although his scent had been reminiscent of something familiar but unfortunately unidentifiable. When Jefferson had met Cercelee or Laruku, he had found something familiar about them--the white-furred female looked close to his grandmother, though the two were not initially related that closely. Laruku, on the other hand, was a cousin but the two had apparently grown up as brothers. Jefferson had somehow recognized them, but thought it nothing more than his imagination. Haku was a different story.

Jefferson tilted his head to the side slightly, but was otherwise hardly intimidated and unfazed. Surprisingly, though, Haku knew both his names--Maluki Soul--at barely a mentioning of them. "'Our' mother, huh..." His eye thinned, now growing suspicious. He didn't know of any siblings, other than that Laruku had been adopted. No, both Iskata and Laruku had told him nothing of his siblings, but through what they had implied in their stories, Jefferson had come to believe that what blood siblings he had were either dead or vanished, much as he had done himself. It wouldn't have been much of a surprise to run into one of them, but why wouldn't Haku have been mentioned beforehand? It was nice to know, however, that he was the oldest of his mother's children. He supposed it was better than being the runt. "We're not siblings," he muttered darkly, as-a-matter-of-factly. No, if they were, Iskata would have mentioned him and sent Jefferson to find him, no doubt. Haku could have corrected him, if he was wrong. "Where is she? Colibri? She's still alive." Or so he had been told...

[/html]
[html]

Yeah, Haku’s appearance did not fit the Sadira genes that usually made themselves visible in the majority of the members of the Sadira family. Maluki did not fit because his genes were graced with more input than the pure blooded wolf offspring Ceres had given birth to. Lisi had been white, Colibri had been white; Haku was chocolate. He held no answers, he had just been born with these colours. His blue eyes was not of that icy tone that both Ceres and Cercelee seemed to posses, but was in a warm vibrant colour instead. So yes, not a Sadira classic, but no less a Sadira. He even had Soul in his name, how could he not be related to the white female with the sad gray eyes? Jefferson eyed him suspiciously and simply stated his disbelief in the fact that they were closely related. Family was not something Haku had grown up to appreciate, as he had spent most of his life alone. If Jefferson would not accept or believe his words, then that was no issue.

Colibri is still alive, yes.. A sharp pinch of imaginary pain slashed across his chest. Yes, it was his dear mother that had given him the deep scar. She had tried to kill him then she had disappeared and Haku had somehow taken her spot in Dahlia de Mai, the pack Colibri had created together with Cercelee. As a matter of fact, Colibri was the leader in the Dahlia pack together with Cercelee before she disappeared. Apparently it had something to do with me, so I guess I am the one that scared her away again. Shit luck, huh? The male grinned, wondering what feelings this half sibling had for their mother. If he still held affection for her, then Haku’s words would not make them friends.

[/html]
[html]

wc212

"Huh," was his simple utterance of a reply. His eye wandered, a little perplexed in its pupil, but it seemed the creature was not all too disturbed by this new concept. No, he'd heard far too much in his life to be excited by the slightest thing. Hell, he didn't know his mother. He didn't know what she was like. It would be nice to meet her, he supposed, but he wasn't crossing his fingers or scheduling it out. His father was gone, and oddly, he was at peace with that. Having a mother now who was absent was hardly different from knowing no mother at all as he had beforehand. Well, at least he knew she was alive somewhere. That was good. He trusted Haku's words for some reason.

"I'll meet her when it's time, then," he continued, eye refocusing on the chocolate-hued creature. His mind processed shortly, and he found some conclusions worthy of guessing. "I had four others in my litter," he shrugged, "the boys are all dead, and the girls are missing. You're a half-sibling, then?" Little did he know that he, his mother's eldest, was speaking to her absolute youngest. It was almost ironic, their little meeting. The brute stifled a quick yawn. "How many others are there?"

[/html]
[html]

The younger male shrugged at his older sibling’s dull reaction. Had Colibri been distant and depressive and generally crap handling her first litter as well as her second(hopefully last)? When Jefferson spoke up again, Haku simply gave another shrug, giving the male a hint of smile indicating a ‘maybe’. It was very likely, as their mother seemed to have moments where she wanted to try to make everything right and reunite the happy little family of theirs. Half sibling. Haku shifted his weight slightly, raising his head a tiny bit. Three others including myself that we currently know about. Melisande Sadira, Mew Sadira and Haku Soul. He paused for a little moment before adding; Mew lives in Dahlia de Mai, as does one of your many Sadira relatives, Cercelee. The brown male did not know how much Jeff knew, but he was trying to be helpful, in case Jeff would be interested in meeting up with family members.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Should we close this up pretty soon?

It seemed that this younger half-sibling and he were worlds apart, both in physicality and in mannerisms. For the time being, Haku struck him as being a creature who was subtle at first, but the inflection in his tone and the crude smiles he flashed hinted at a darker side, that for some reason, Jefferson could wholeheartedly believe. He hadn't heard much about the Dahlia de Mai subleader before, if at all, but the cyclops decided it probably would not be the last time he would. It seemed, with Haku's involvement with Deuce back in Phoenix Valley, there would be some trouble stirring up one way or another. The duel-eyed white leader seemed to attract that upon herself constantly, but Jefferson came to wonder if Haku was a hybrid like himself, and if so, how Deuce had suddenly decided he was justifiable enough for personal relations when Jefferson had received glares and scowls for some time.

"What about Melisande?" Jefferson said, straightening. Haku had spoken about Mew, himself, and Cercelee--though a relation to the kindhearted white wolf was both expected and subtly welcomed. For the most part, Haku seemed to be "helping" somehow, but the one-eyed brute figured it may have been more of a dismissal than anything. "Where can I find Colibri?"

[/html]
[html]

300+ We'll end it here, yes?

Questions, questions, but it was self-explanatory why they were asked. The brown male merely shrugged at Jeff’s questions. He knew Melisande had been around, but he had not managed to meet her himself before she had left. She had led Labyrinth Glen with Fatin Kali, wasn’t it so? He recalled the leader meeting where the reddish old female had arrived, striding around as the queen she had believed she had been. Age did not promote wisdom, which was everything she had thought him, by the arrogant and mindless way of acting. Both females and the goddamn pack were gone, and he could not care less. However, it would have been nice to see Melisande again after all these years. Colibri could rot wherever she was, and should not come back while he still was here. She was to blame for his most visible scar on the chest, and he looked forward to the day he could repay her with insane pleasure.

I have not seen Melisande since we were kids together, although I know that she was around about half a year ago or so, but people leave. They always did. Colibri has disappeared as well, but who knows, maybe you will find her in the outskirts of these lands. Hell if he knew, but if she valued her life, she would stay away. Both mother and son knew this. The chocolate male gave a heavy sigh and let the expected exiting cue fall. Come over to Dahlia one day and say hi to Mew, maybe she knows a bit more. I’m sure she would be thrilled to meet a long lost family member. Oh, Haku knew she would, although he was not sure how she felt about canines with coy blood in them nowadays. It would be interesting to see which reaction Jefferson would create. Not today though. Haku shuffled his fur slightly and smiled vainly at his older brother. I’d better be on my way, my female back home has quite a temper.

That was it. Not as exiting as he might had hoped, but he was left with much new information, and it was a strange good feeling knowing there was more of the Sadiras around (as if it weren’t enough of them already). With a nod of goodbye, the male turned and left the other male behind, and by the next time he met up with Mew, Jeff was temporarily forgotten.

[/html]