on the corner of nowhere
He hadn't meant to cross the pack borders, but they ran straight into the ocean and the crashing of the waves had drawn away the scent of the pack along the tide pools. The capaccino and ebony wolf had been crashing through the tidepools as the waves were crashing into the sands, residing back out to sea. The male had found himself gathering closer and closer towards the rocky portion of the shoreline and his overactive bounding soon was drawn to a slow jog through the rocks as he wound himself in and out of the giant stones that jutted out towards the sea.

Suddenly the male stopped in his tracks and stared out at one of the old docks that glittered dully with the wash of salt along it's boards. A smirk crossed his maw as he moved on towards the pier, his green flecked eyes stuck on the sight of the great boat that was bobbing on the sea. He hadn't seen a boat in a long time and the last time had been at such a distance that he had only a glimpse of it. Now he was going to take him time and study the craft. He'd always thought humans had been strange to make crafts to set upon the sea and glide down the rives and across lakes. There had to have been other ways around the waterways.. he'd always imagined humans as lazy creatures who only thought of how to make their lives as easy as possible... he wondered how correct his thoughts were as his nails clicked upon the boardway.
Sorry about the wait luff. ><

Deuce was walking, her mind drifting aimlessly. She had no where to go, no where to be, and so she wandered the shores, daydreaming. A scent caught her attention and her head snapped up. There was a stranger deep in the lands. Her hackles raised, a hand drifting down protectively over her belly. The scent was strange, foreign, and she drew it in hungrilly. It was fresh.

She moved swiftly, silently, following the scent. It ran closer to the docks and soon she could see the invader by their escape vessels. Her fur rose and her fangs glittered. "What the hell are you doing there? Get away from those right now! Her posture was very dominant, and full of fury. This stranger waltzed into her lands without permission and dared to be near something her pack had worked on? She wouldn't stand it!
Sankor hadn't expected to be cornered on the dock by another, and he especially hadn't expected the other to be so hostile towards him. His ears flicked back as he took his paw off the edge of the boat and took a step back. He shook his head and with his ears pinned back he sputtered. "I'm sorry ma'am.. I just haven't seen a boat in a longtime.." He knew it sounded pathedic and weak but hell it was the truth, he'd just wanted to explore the vessel.

Moving back farther away from the craft the male sat back on his haunches, he really didn't know what to do, cornered on a dock by the shifted female who was obviously very angry at him for going near something that seemed.. well, silly to be pissed over. Titling his head to the side he looked at the shifted female and questioned, "I don't mean to sound rude, but it's just a boat?" His voice was a little bit baffled but he had every reason to be, he hadn't realized that he'd overstepped into packlands with the tide that washed out the scent and the constant blowing breeze. The poor chocolate and ebony male was in a tight spot and couldn't figure out for his life just what the lass' problem was.
[html]
It's just a boat. The words ddn't ease Deuce's anger as the Shaman stared at the male. "It's just a boat," she mocked. "Well, it belongs to my pack. We keep these boats here and in good condition for emergencies, and we don't want anyone messing with them. Especially not outsiders."
She could feel the anger coursing through her, making her ready for a fight. She tried to calm down, allowing herself to breathe. She moved around the male, between him and the boats, mking it clear she wanted him away from them.

[/html]
"Fine! Fine!" he said as he shook his head at how unreal the woman seemed to be about this all. He backed away another step as the woman stood between him and the boats. He paused a moment as he realized what she'd said. He was slightly confused but he was sure she'd said they kept the boats for emergencies. He couldn't help but ask. "What kind of emergency would a wolf need a boat for?" He might have just been making himself look really stupid but he couldn't figure it out for the life of him.

Sighing softly as he knew that the woman was very much annoyed with him he lowered his head slightly and tried to start this all over again. "Can we try this again?" he asked. "I'm Sankor.." he wanted to add that he'd lived here first, but it probably didn't matter since he'd up and lefted and the world didn't stop for him. He knew it wouldn't have, but now he had to learn all over again his own past home.
Nom nom nom new table Big Grin

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... DOTAHT.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
What sort of emergency? The stranger was trying to be poilte, she realized, and she took a deep breath to steady herself. He introduced himself as Sankor, and she nodded. "I'm Deuce Rhiannon, and these are the Phoenix valley lands." She paused and then continued, "We keep the boats incase coyotes attack. When I was younger, on the other side of the mountains, the coyotes attacked the pack I was in. They killed many. We couldn't flee. Now, here, we keep the boats ready incase the coyotes decide to attack again. So we can flee..."
She was sure it sounded strange to another. It had sounded odd to her pack at first too. But she wouldn't see a repeat of Syemv's disaster. She couldn't let that happen to her pack. Especially not with pups around. Iskata's and hers now too someday.

[/html]
He nodded as she finally calmed down and introduced herself, but that nod was soon replaced by a creased brow and a frown as she spoke ill of this coyote clan. He was beginning to wander if perhaps his sister was telling the whole truth when she spoke of the horrors of the clan. His eyes scanned to the boat and towards the beach towards the mountains where he knew these strangers had crossed from. His voice was serious and yet quiet as he asked. "So it's true, that this clan is so hatefilled?"

The male was hoping that his sister had been wrong on some sort, but everyone he'd met seemed to have the same frame of mind. He just shook his head and admitted. "I use to live here.. before.. well, before a lot of things happened." He didn't want to point blame and state the obvious, that he'd been here before they'd made these lands their home.. Before they'd crossed the mountain.. before there had been this clan to worry about. "Why.." He asked, he knew once that his family had no good feelings towards coyotes but they had always been in control and the coyotes had been the ones running.. why now were the tables turned so.