Searching Searching
o Character Name: Nefertiti Amaranth
o Character Birthdate (including year): May 7, 2006
o Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Verto
o Species: Timber Wolf:: Full bred
o Gender: Female
o A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). :: Aim: LegendExile 1
o How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Paragon Affiliate

o Initial post: The trees shivered at the sudden gale the late morning brought and the lone lupus trotted briskly through the lightly decorated lands with the sparkling waters of Rabbit Lake shimmering in the far distance. The silver wolfess glanced around her with bright blue eyes, ears flicking around in search for some other soul besides her on the autumn day. She found nothing within her senses, though the borders of the pack were closing in. Nefertiti had wandered around Bleeding Souls for a few days now, smelling out each pack at a safe distance. Dreams to her was the most ideal – few members, prime location, large place where she could shift in peace if she was ever able to figure out what the random trigger was. She was getting better but could not control the urge and would rather not embarrass herself if she could help it at all. Such a silly notion often disillusioned her but what else could she do?

Finally the light smell shifted into overtone musk. The borders. Nefertiti slowed to a halt and glanced over the horizon line. Nothing. She was uncertain if she should howl or not, she had never joined a pack before. With a snort and a flick of her ears she paced along the outside and finally decided on a slow walk. She could at least assess the area. It was beautiful, calm and serene and again her thoughts shifted to her lost brother. He would like it here. Had he become a Luperci too? That had been her main concern, her main want even. She didn’t want to be alone with this.

Not now. Such thoughts would upset her and heavens be ruined if she shifted while seeking admittance into a pack.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... order2.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Greetings! And she's in regular wolf form, just so ya know.

It was a windy day in the land of 'Souls. However that didn't keep the sable female from taking a trip around the territory of Crimson Dreams. She often made such trips back when this area had belonged to Twilight Vale, but now she had the actual duty and obligation to do so. Especially since Naniko was often busy tending to her pups. Savina didn't mind at all however. She loved running and stretching her legs. The pink shell that hung from the sliver chain around her neck jingled happily as she walked near the borders at a steady pace. Thoughts of the cold temperatures yet to come nipped at the back of her mind, but she tried her best to shake them. At least currently she could still enjoy such tasks.

Soon the wind brought an unfamiliar scent to her nose. Mind and body immediately became alert and she went off in the direction of the newcomer. Perhaps it would be someone wishing to join their ranks? The Lieutenant General hadn't gotten the chance to accept anyone into the pack before, and honestly she was excited for the experience. It wasn't long before the form of a silver-hued wolf entered her emerald gaze. As the Italian girl approached her posture was a dominant one, but a warm smile graced her lips, letting the stranger know there was no danger to her. "Greetings! My name is Savina Marino. What brings you to Crimson Dreams this day?" Accented words flowed off her tongue eloquently as she came face to face with the blue orbed femme.

[/html]
[html]

::OOC:: Yay a thread and stuff!

Deep eyes transitioned slowly across the lumpy horizon line and Nefertiti slowed to a stop to take it in. Again she was pleased with her decision, though she was curious as too the demeanors of the pack members themselves. What was she walking into? My own kind came the reply and it was not without a hint of dark sarcasm. That's what the Alpha had said to her while her mother whined in the back ground. Such thoughts cast a glare across the sapphire orbs but was quickly shoved away. She had three months devoted to wallowing in her pain and trying to figure out such strange shifting abilities - now was time for something new and ultimately something better. Gee since when did I become such the optimist?

It was the scent that touched her first, the willowing perfume that told of a female. Head turned and quickly located the source of such a smell in the form of a black mass rising, shifting and forming into what was a wolf in their natural form. It was hard to tell that she was a Luperci and yet surely there was no denying she had come to such a widespread colony. Nefertiti's tail immediately began action with a slow wag, her smile slipping across black lips in greeting. It had been a while since she had been around wolves of any kind and she was happy to be in their midsts again.

The wolfess walked up with a dominant posture and Nefertiti's own tail dropped, though still wagging, and her ears flicked back into a more submissive gesture. Blue eyes took in the startling emerald green against deep sable - with various flickering of browns when caught in the bright sunlight. A shell danced on a silver chain around her neck and Nefertiti found it interesting, having never worn jewelry or anything else of the such in her life. "Good day Savina, I'm Nefertiti Amaranth. I'm rather new to Souls and I was actually hoping to seek admittance into your pack, if I could." She offered with a half grin.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... order2.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
A bit of PP, just to get them walking. And sorry if this is kinda crappy, feeling a tad under the weather x.x

The sub-leader was pleased, and impressed with the wolfess' reaction to her presence. Submissive, yet friendly. Crimson Dreams was fairly lax as far as lower members showing the higher ranking officers "proper" physical respect. They were basically a big family, so such shows of subservience and dominance were not commonplace. However Savina thought it very important for those seeking to join their pack, any pack really, to show the proper gestures. Nefertiti had already passed that test with flying colors. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Nefertiti. We are indeed welcoming new members." Now that she was up close, she noticed the prominent scars that marred parts of the female's body. They were more or less healed, so she wasn't concerned for her well-being, but it was definitely something she would ask Nefertiti about. She needed to make sure she wasn't about to bring a fighter into the pack.

"How about I show you around a bit and we can talk and get to know one another?" The slender luperci turned and gestured that she was welcome to cross the border. "You may relax your posture as well if you wish." The joiner had shown she knew how to demonstrate the proper actions, so Savina didn't think it necessary for her to stay in such a posture. As they leisurely trotted further into the territory she looked kindly at the white-masked lady. "So what brought you to 'Souls?" Being a foreigner in these lands herself, she always was interested in why others ventured here.

[/html]
[html]

::OOC:: Man I wish I could have posts like that when i was under the weather ^^

Emerald jewels glittered as they took in every part of Nefertiti's form and she knew her scars were under scrutiny. Her face was healing up, just a thin line now, as was her ribs. Her shoulder however with the puncture marks that turned into streaks of torn flesh was still as blazingly obvious as before. A tad disheartening but she would deal with it. She wasn't embarrassed as much as what memories the scars brought that bothered the silver wolf. But honestly there was nothing she could do and she needed to focus now. Her tail wagged harder at the news that Savina gave her - always good to know that they were looking and accepting new wolves. Maybe she would end up with a home.

She nodded quietly and followed Savina into the pack lands and across the border into Crimson Dreams. A small breeze ruffled against her pelt and blue eyes glanced skyward for a moment to enjoy the simple touch of heaven. Nefertiti did as she was told and her ears inched their way back up and her tail relaxed just a tad though not to much changed. A question finally came and the silver wolf gave a gentle sigh for a moment.

"Trying to find a place where I fit in better than I did," She finally admitted with a small grin towards Savina. Nefertiti didn't think she would hide her past, she hadn't done anything wrong in the end.

[/html]
[html]
Heh, guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

Sleek ebony head nodded knowingly. It hadn't exactly been the main reason for her leaving her birth pack, but it definitely was part of it. Serge disowning her mother and the litter had made the lot of them somewhat outcast. Sure, the pack tolerated them, some even were fairly nice, but they were never truly accepted. Savina had never really known what it had felt like to be a valued member of a pack until she had come here. "I see. I know what you mean. My birth pack was less than warm with me and my kin. What happened with your pack? If you don't mind my asking." She knew this was still sort of an "interview" and she had the right to question Nefertiti, but she was still a caring soul and didn't want to pry where she was not wanted.

Currently they were skirting the edges of Rabbit Lake. It glistened nicely in the light of the autumn sun. The girl still found it hard to believe that in only a short time the water there would become cold and solid with the winter. She had never seen nor experienced an iced over lake, and didn't really know what to expect. "This is Rabbit Lake. Most of it, though not all, lies within our borders. It's a great source of water and it keeps the game supply pretty constant and fresh as well." She came to a halt so her companion could take a better look at their surroundings. If this would soon be her home as well it was best she get to know it.

[/html]
[html]

::OOC::

It seemed that Savina was understanding in that aspect and Nefertiti was rather grateful for it. She hadn't had kindness in over three months now and she was surprised that her communication skills hadn't lost much of anything since she had been forced to leave her pack. It was a bitter thought but she was allowed a bit of reprieve and she took it gladly. Dainty paws, slightly big in their nature, shifted on soft earth as the two females drifted over the lands of Crimson Dreams and the world was like a dream then, a strange piece of heaven. Sunlight floated from the clouds and a gentle breeze blew, causing colors to dance from trees in the distance and over the sparkling water that they were coming closer to.

She was curious to hear that Savina's own pack hadn't been as accepting as well. How strange and she wondered if Savina had problems shifting as well. Was she knew, a Verto as Nefertiti had heard the term used before - or had she been born this way. Nefertiti sighed and glanced at the swaying grasses for a moment. "I have, in all honesty, been a Luperci for almost three months now. When my pack found out about my change they were less than forgiving and drove me away. My brother Horus went missing as well - part of me believes that he's one as well but..." She shook her head, realizing that part didn't really matter. Blue eyes, suddenly sad and distant stared out over the water as Savina explained a bit about the Lake and the land they lived in.

Nefertiti nodded and took it all in quietly, as she did, and surveyed the water. It was a beautiful Lake and Nefertiti would find herself on these shores often if she was accepted like she hoped she was.

Apparition :: Delerium

[/html]
[html]

Sympathetic eyes watched closely as Nefertiti explained what had happened in her old pack. So she hadn't been born a shifter? She found that rather interesting. It was only when she had come to these lands that she found out that wolves without that ability could be given it. Jazper hadn't been born one, and neither had Pilot, and yet they both now had the ability to change their form. There were still many things in the ways of shifting that were unknown to her. Up until these last few months she had never dealt with that part of herself, or dealt with it in others. But in this information it seemed her questions about the scars were most likely answered. They were probably either from the process of becoming a luperci or from when she was driven out. Savina liked to think of herself as a rather good judge of character, and nothing so far lead her to believe that this wolf was a violent or dangerous one.

Triangular jet ears twitched at the mention of Nefertiti's brother, and it was clear that her separation from him was painful. This was something that struck right at the heart of the wolfess and without a second thought she touched her muzzle to Nefertiti's in a comforting gesture. "I am sorry to hear that your pack did that to you. I am also sorry to hear you have been separated from your brother. Back in Italy, my brother went on a journey and when I ended up here I was afraid I'd never see him again." Her accented voice was full of emotion. "The fates were kind to us though, and Ehno came to be here as well. I deeply hope that you and your brother will have such luck." With that she gave the silver girl a gentle lick and looked deep into her sapphire orbs.

After a moment she turned her head in the direction of the mansion. "Over that way is Haven Manor. It's a large human house that many of the members including myself reside in. Would you like to go see it?" She hoped that taking a look around the manor would help lighten the femme's spirits.

[/html]
[html]
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ ... ntains.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
I've been to places never seen

you've never thought of them until now

Nefertiti was rather surprised at the gentle touch of the sable woman's muzzle against her own. Not that she was adverse to touch from another, but usually such a thing did not - and had not - happened, well over three months and beyond. And again she was learning more about this wolfess Savina, and how much more alike they were than Nefertiti had first thought. She had come from Italy, a far of place that Nefertiti had never heard of. The silver colored fea had only ever heard of Egypt where all the Amaranth folklores shifted around and most notably the god Anubis of the Jackals. Nefertiti would have to remember to ask Savina what Italy was like and maybe she would get the chance to meet her brother as well. A pang echoed in the thudding heart for Horus but again such thoughts were tossed backwards and would be brought back out at another time.

And then came the gentle lick to her face, a sign of kindred affection and nothing more and Nefertiti was forced to look into those limitless emerald eyes with a gentle curve of a smile. She was thankful for the kindness - a good first meeting if she would have said so herself. The lock of eyes did not last long as Savina glanced away and the tour resumed.

A human manor? Now that was interesting and a new feeling of adventure rose into her chest, though she knew that since the rest of the pack resided there, not much would be discovered that hadn't before. Never the less, curiosity abound. "That would be very interesting, if you could." She grinned, hopes already lifted at the thought. Nefertiti was easy to please after all.

[/html]
[html]

Heart lifted as she saw that that the multi-hued woman was excited about the prospect of the manor. Tail began to wag from side to side. In the short time they had been talking, the two of them had already connected on more than one level, and Savina took that as a very good sign. She had a feeling that Nefertiti would fit in very well to the Crimson Dreams pack. Turning she took off at a brisk walk towards the manor. "It's a very interesting place. I'd never been anywhere near a human building before, much less lived in one before I came here. But it's actually really nice. There are all these little den areas, more than enough for everyone, so we're all near each other. We also have a food cache in the basement. The two other leaders, Naniko and Pilot, have healer training so we are very prepared in case anyone would get injured." All in all, they were a very well prepared pack. They had a fresh water supply, fresh food supply, a place to store extra, and two medics.

As they cleared the trees and walked into the opening where the house was, the Italian female paused to look back at Nefertiti. She wanted to see her reaction to the large structure. "Well, this is it! Haven Manor." Gaze turned back on the building. Back on home. Never in a hundred years did she imagine that she would be calling an abandoned human house home, yet there it was. A happy grin across her face she turned back to Nefertiti. "Now then, let me show you around inside." Deftly she moved up the stairs and nudged the door open, holding it for her guest.

[/html]
[html]
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ ... ntains.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

::OOC:: Okay i have tried to reply to this like twenty thousand times and i just can't, so forgive the suckiness -bangs head-

they've never crossed your mind until now

Nefertiti was rather eager to get moving, to see such an abandoned structure that Savina claimed she and her pack lived in. It was an exciting prospect and soon they were moving again. Nefertiti, after having her initial pity party was usually one to get over things quickly - or at least not dwell on them. A waste of energy in her opinion and especially these days, the wolfess could not afford such a thing. Savina gave a wild wag of her tail and started a brisk trot and Nefertiti picked up the pace. She was hopeful. Savina had been more than kind, more than understanding and she hoped the rest of the pack would be too.

Nefertiti wasn't sure how new the pack was, but they sounded well prepared and well on their way to becoming a strong pack. She would be sure to pull her weight and more, she knew how packs worked and Luperci packs would be no different - even better she hoped. Blue eyes were pulled upwards as they cleared trees and the manor made itself known. Her eyes went wide at the sheer enormity and beauty of the place. Though abandoned by humans for a long while, they had taken care of the place.

Savina moved forward to show her around and Nefertiti followed with a slightly agape mouth. Smells washed over her nose and the silver wolf took them in with a deep sigh. A smile twisted its way up and her tail wagged in excitement.

[/html]
[html]
Hehe, no worries. Happens to all of us from time to time. I'm just gonna PP Savina showing her around the house super fast and then ask her if she still wants to join. That way we can wrap this up in the next couple posts and you'll be good to go! Smile

Savina couldn't help but grin at the look of awe that crossed Nefertiti's features. It was a very similar reaction to what she herself had had when she first set eyes on the great structure. She had been a simple country wolf, so coming face to face with such a huge building was most definitely awe-inspiring. Perhaps the silver wolfess had a similar "humble" background. It also warmed her heart to see the excitement clear in her body language as she entered the house. Sure, the second-in-command was a loving and compassionate soul, no one would argue that point, but she already felt a deep caring growing for the newcomer.

Slender form followed Nefertiti through the door and walked ahead to take the lead for the tour. "This open space is where some come to laz' about. This is also usually where we bring injured wolves for Naniko to heal. Those doors off to the side are rooms, and up the stairs are more. Each of them has a bed or some furs and blankets to use for sleeping purposes." Her head nodded up towards the second level of the mansion. Then she motioned for Nefertiti to follow her through the kitchen door. "This is the kitchen. As far as I know it hasn't had much use, but it's here if we need it. And down through that door is the cellar where we keep our food stores." Savina went and nosed open the small door and the smells of preserved meat wafted up through the opening. "We try to keep the cache as full as possible. Our Commander had a litter of pups not too long ago and they're just about at that age where they'll start to eat meat, so we need plenty on hand." That said she lead them back out into the large open area and took a seat in front of the door to her room.

The warm smile was still on her face and her eyes held their usual happy glint. "Well Nefertiti, I think that you would make a great addition to our pack. If you've liked what you've seen I'd like to officially offer you a spot in our family." She wanted to emphasize that word "family", because that's what they really were. The femme waited anxiously for her companion's response.

[/html]
[html]

::OOC:: yaaaaaaaaaaay 'ceptance!

you've never thought of them until now

Once inside, the smell of old and new washed over her and Nefertiti cocked her head. The sweet perfume of luperci wafted her direction and her tail wagged at the idea. Hopefully she would be integrated into this pack life with ease, she would get better at shifting (how she was so lucky as to not shift yet was beyond her, but she took luck when she could) and make herself somewhat useful. Her blue eyes followed up the stairs as Savina explained the livinig conditions and smiled at the thought. A warm place sheltered from the elements - a strange mix of wolf and man.

The kitchen was a curious place, with devices Nefertiti had never even lain eyes on before. She wanted to go over and nose at them, or in a form that actually had working digits poke them. That could be saved for later. She wanted to see what they all did, and why they were needed. Maybe Savina would know - something she could ask after the tour. Business first she had to remind herself, and then play with the strange stuff later. And she was walking into a world of puppies, that was exciting all over again. She hadn't been around puppies in over a year and their playful nature was rather intoxicating.

Nefertiti followed Savina out into the main room, still looking around and taking everything in and almost walked into Savina as the wolfess sat down. Her blue eyes lit on her form and Nefertiti sat down with a loud plop and a surprised look on her face before she tried to cover it up.

She felt rather...speechless for a moment at the sheer open and willingness to have her part of the pack. Her tail lost all sense of direction and began to wag every which way and her eyes lit up. "I - well...it would be an honor to have a family again," she replied finally with a grin.

[/html]
[html]
Yaaay! Big Grin

The sable wolfess couldn't help but let Nefertiti's excitement bubble over onto herself as well. This may have been a rather unconventional acceptance process, but the two-year-old was new to this whole thing. Not only that, but this wolf had been pleasant from the very beginning. Savina didn't feel any bad vibes from her, and honestly that had been good enough for her. They had connected on many levels. She knew that the female would fit into Crimson Dreams perfectly.

As the official invitation was issued, she was overjoyed to see Nefertiti's tail go wild. Her own bushy extremity began to wag happily in response, eyes gleaming in the joy of the moment. "Well I'd love to have you as a part of our family." Her grin was wide and even showed some of her ivory teeth. "You're welcome to pick any of the vacant rooms in here as your own, or to make your own den outside. The choice is entirely up to you. Many of us live in here, but our Commander and her mate have a den not too far away. You are free to move about the lands as you wish. If you ever need to find me, my room is right here behind me." Rising again to her feet she gently rested the side of her head against her new packmate's. "Welcome home."

[/html]
[html]
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
i prowl the earth for ages and ages

RAWR! -forces self to post- stop being lazy you!

until i can find what I am looking for...

There weren't a lot of words to accurately describe the relief and happiness that Nefertiti felt when Savina smiled at her, and she found herself welcome with a new home and a new family. She missed her old family yes, but that was part of her old life, her defunct world. This was new, this was real and proper and exciting. Her tail wagged happily at the very prospect of a new home and her blue eyes shone happily Savina's direction. Her mind was already trailing about where she was going to stay - living in here would be something new entirely but she had only been a Luperci for three months. Maybe she should stay outside first.

She felt it overcome her when Savina pressed her head against hers. "Thank - oh no..." She hissed and felt herself shake. She could feel the change come on, again when she didn't want it too and Nefertiti felt her gut wrench in fear and apprehension. She needed to calm down and took a couple deep breaths, pushing herself backwards where she had more room. She felt her nape begin to itch as the hair grew longer, shaggier and the muscles and joints pop accordingly. It was slow, with the lack of self control that Nefertiti possessed and she had yet to be able to guess what form her body was deciding to take on.

She gave Savina an apologetic look before she closed her eyes and tried to focus on making this as smooth as possible, trying to remain calm.

[/html]
[html]
This is kinda blah Tongue

The tender, happy moment quickly turned in a different direction. Nefertiti moved backwards and Savina looked at the silver lady, her emerald orbs filled with concern. She had never actually witnessed someone else shift before, so at first she was at a loss as to what was happening. But as the other's mane began to grow and the loud popping and cracking of bones could be heard, she knew exactly what was going on. She knew it had been difficult for her when she had started to shift, and if this was all new to Nefertiti she probably had no idea how to go about it.

The panic subsided and she took a deep breath. "Nefertiti! Try to be calm. I know it hurts. Try and focus on the form you want to turn into. It will help things go faster" Her voice was steady and calm, her volume a bit louder to make sure the wolfess was able to hear her. It had been the same advice she had gotten from Ember, and she felt that it had been very helpful. Hopefully it would help out the new luperci as well. She looked on anxiously, knowing right now there was nothing else she could to do help.

[/html]
[html]
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
i prowl the earth for ages and ages

lol

until i can find what I am looking for...

It didn't hurt to much, it was just a strange sensation. She could feel everything shift slowly back and forth, re-arranging and elongating but it was almost an out of body experience. Except she was very much a part of this strange transition and she couldn't say she appreciated it very much. Sapphire orbs caught Savina backing up to watch, and she saw the own panic on her face. That made it worse - was something wrong, was she shifting wrong? No, breathe.

For some reason or another Nefertiti always found herself growing calm when she thought about Horus. She couldn't explain it, it was something she had discovered in the woods during one of her episodes. And she held on to that strange calming affect and tried to remember her brother's face. It was difficult, she hadn't seen him in so long but gold eyes was always so dominent. He had a white face too, strong and overbearing and a pang of sadness washed over her. She missed him. Focus!

She heard Savina's words and wanted to say that she didn't even want to shift, much less focus on a form that she wanted. Her body kind of took the liberty of doing whatever it so pleased. But at that moment her muzzle stretched out. Alright, time to see if she could actually control this process. Might as well go all the way and focused on becoming Optime.

[/html]
[html]

I'm just gonna say she ends up shifting into her optime form, unless you want me to change it. And shall we wrap this one up soon?

The moments seemed to stretch on for ages as she watched and waited for her friend to finish her transformation. She found herself cursing her lack of knowledge about transformations. Before she had ended up in 'Souls, she had only shifted once when she had come of age. When she had decided she wanted to learn how to shift a few months ago, it had been somewhat difficult at first, but now it came more or less easily for her. But she had no idea how it worked for those who were not born with the ability and gained it later on in life. Was it more difficult for them? Was this involuntary shifting normal after they were turned? She had no answers to such questions, and it bothered her to no end.

Finally, it appeared that Nefertiti had complete her transformation into her Optime form. Savina stepped forward hesitantly, gingerly placing a paw onto the girl's shoulder. "Are you alright?" Her tone was laced with concern. "I'm afraid I don't know all that much about shifting, other than how to do it. There is a younger member of our pack, named Jazper, he was a normal wolf and then was turned when he got older. Maybe he'd be able to help you." She felt somewhat useless, not being able to offer her knowledge and assistance herself.

[/html]