Watching the world pass us by
Stumbling happily along through the grass of her new pack lands, Jynx wondered what she would do today. She hadn't met many of her pack mates yet, but she supposed that was to be expected; she didn't expect any of them to go out of their way to meet a puppy, and she was still living on the borders where Anselm had found her. Jynx was hoping maybe her brother would appear, but she doubted it. Shrugging it off, she looked up at the sky, seeing three black birds reeling through the air.

"Whish I couwld fwy." She commented to no one in particular, not even expecting an answer.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table3.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Wee! First post with Antares!

Would the wolves and coyotes mind if he stepped on their lands? He didn't know. He had dared such feats before and had thus become rather accustomed to trespassing on their packlands, but Inferni was a new one. The panther had heard the whispers of the legacy there, but regardless, it appeared that this concept did not bother him very much. He moved his old bones over their lands at a leisurely pace--the fortunate factor in being a panther was that the wolves primarily let him be, as he had no real input on their issues and they none on his. It made for a rather comfortable lifestyle for the old panther, in all actuality.

He was, however, struck curious in seeing a lonely pup gazing up at the sky somewhere within the Inferni boundries, and, finding the pup harmless, began to pass by in a patient silence in case a mother roamed about, until the pup suddenly perked up with a question sent aimlessly. He paused midstep and glanced skyward at the birds. "Why do you wish to fly," he said idly but gently, "when you can already walk?" His hip ached suddenly and the old panther slowly lowered himself into a seated position, deciding to take his habitual break from walking at that second in time.

[/html]
Yay!

Jynx jumped as her comment received an answer, turning to see an old black panther. She forgot she'd spoken for a moment as she stared at the strange creature before looking away shyly. "Wewl...wawking is so bowring, don' you tink? Fwying jus seems mowre fun." She answered, risking a peek at the old cat and blinking.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table3.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

The panther released a long, wide-mouthed yawn before turning his aged, cataract-dwelling eyes to the frolic of the pup's innocence. It was far beyond his capacity to remember an age like that himself, but witnessing the youth in its prime was plenty enough for he. The old panther had grown patience in his passing years.

A smile brightened his wrinkled face. "What if the bird wished they could walk all the time?" His gaze wandered back skyward, paired with a delightful flick of the tail.
"Though you'd get to see a lot up in the air, hmm?"

[/html]
What if the bird wished they could walk all the time?

Blinking, Jynx tilted her head, eyes wandering back to the birds. "Wewl...I don' know. We couwd twade." She suggested hopefully, turning to look at the old panther questioningly. Was that possible? She could trade with the bird for a little while and find her brother, then trade back...right? Looking to the sky again, she noticed the birds flying away, chasing after something she couldn't see. "if you couwd fwy, what wouwd you do?"
[html]

I keep forgetting about this post. -facepalm-
[edit] pretend I posted on Antares. I fail at life even though the accounts are connected. ;-;

A light chuckle rose from the dark cougar's throat, a contented smile suddenly lighting his gently aged face. His tail still flicked amiably, delighted by the conversation with such a young creature. He had to stop and consider what she had said: what would he do if he could fly? For a long while, his yellow eyes were raised to the sky in deep musing, but after some careful consideration, he simply shrugged and rolled his shoulders.

"Well, I don't know what I would do," he said calmly. "I've always enjoyed my feet and everything the earth has to offer. Besides, would you really want to see a big black cat like me flying around through the air?" He chuckled, giving her a playful wink. "No wings could lift these old bones from the ground."
[/html]