Hey guys, what are you laughing about?
So he was back, and he was nothing, Iskata made sure that he knew that, he was just barely good enough to be a member of the pack. He wasn’t sure if it was she was just in a mood to let him in the pack knowing that he can lead a pack, or if it was because of Deuce. He knew he could craw to her, and she would bring him into the pack. The black male was always on the watch, he knew that with his rank if someone wanted to pick on someone because of a bad day, he pretty much wore a sign that said to beat, taunt, or pick on him, because he couldn’t do anything back.
He scowled as he looked towards the water, he knew that these where the same water’s that he had played near as a child, that they would lead him somewhere, and oh how they teased him to follow them back to some where other then here, but he couldn’t. Not without Deuce, and not without his boys, and there was the soft hope that Noah would be where ever he was, waiting on him, welcoming him home with a hug and a huge feast, and it would all be in honor of Deuce and him. These lands would have all of his living family members in them, there would be his half brothers and sister. His children, his sister even, and once Deuce got there, she would be smiling ear to ear, and she wouldn’t have to worry about a thing, no longer with stress in her life. The male sighed as he lowered his head down lapping the cool autumn water.
[html]

I know the territory, I've been around

Number of words: 314

It’ll all turn to dust and we’ll all fall down

It hadn't taken much for the pale woman to realize she was pregnant. She wanted to run to Haku t tell him, but knew it would distract him from his pack. She wouldn't do that to a fellow leader. So instead she stayed near Phoenix valley, thinking seriously about life. Taliesin was here, though Noah wasn't. And that was okay. Noah took after his father, and wanted to be learning from the real world. Tal wanted to be like her, and learn from another. The boy was a good student. She was glad.
The day was misty, rainy. But Deuce had felt trapped in the house, wanted to get out. She was on the beach, near where she'd met Haku that night, a light shawl draped around her shoulders. Her mane was loose and the lacy shawl and her hair both drifted away from her face in the ocean spray and misty breeze. A scent teased her. Why was she thinking about Lucifer now? She didn't know, wasn't worried bout it. Lucifer was gone-
Except he wasn't. There he was, lapping at the water's edge. Deuce paused in her stride, blinking. But it was him, was her former mate. For a moment she was glad that her pregnancy wasn't showing yet. Then she brushed it away. Even if it was, she had nothing to be ashamed of. they hadn't been mates in months. She had eery right to lay with whomever she chose. Joy warred with anger at seeing the male. n Ambigous feeling won out, one she wasn't sure of. Pity.
She resumed her leisurely approach. She stopped a few foot away, her bi-colored eyes studying him. She held the shawl tighter as if protecting erself from the mere sight of him. "Well hello stranger." Hr voice was cool and even as she spoke. "Long time no see. Though you'd forgotten about me."

And sooner or later, you’ll be screwing around

[/html]
He lifted his head up with a jolt hearing someone talking to him, he wasn’t sure if he should throw him-self to the ground and ask for humbleness , or if he she just play the deer in the head light look. He was good at that one, and by playing it allowed him to think about the lady he left be hide here, in these lands. Oh how foolish he was thinking that she would still be here. The male looked toward the voice seeing her. She was still just as stunning as ever, she still have ghostly white fur and seemed like she still liked seeing him. The black male offered her a meek smile, forgetting all respect of the rank that he held. He could help but to look at her, and admire the work that she was.
The black male stood up slowly as if this was only just a dream brought on by self pity. Though he knew she couldn’t be, her actions were like her, like she was hiding something or fighting something and didn’t want anyone to know about it. His blue eyes watched her hands, clutching the shawl, then quickly to her eyes, not taking the time to savor in her looks the male could help but to just smile, her words warmed him.”I couldn’t make the trip without you…and I knew that asking you to join would be foolish…so I came here…to be there you wanted me in the first place.”
[html]

So...it was him afterall. She watched him through steady bi-colored eyes. His words brought no concern to her. His trip to find his father? And he couldn't make it without her. How sweet. Even her thoughts were dry and sarcastic on that one. She didn't speak, didn't move, just watched. A ghost of a smile played on her lips. It was ironic that she found him in the same pot she'd made love to haku only weeks ago. had it really been so long? Had it been so long since she'd let him go? And it had. She had the slowly growing proof inside of her.
"Sweet." Was that dry voice really hers? Lucifer smelled of Phoenix valley, of Iskata and Jefferson. How long had he been here? How long had he flown under the radar, avoiding her? She wasn't looking for a fight, though. "How long have you been here? And what rank did the Matriarch give you?" That was her voice, so dry and unemotional. She was lose enough to smell him, perhaps he could smell haku embedded in her fur. She'd made no real effort to remove his scent, though with the passing weeks the rain and her own cleanliness had erased all but a lingering fraction.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... ssible.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
WC:373
She seemed to think he was just of as much ghost that he had thought that she was. It was grand to see her face again, the only thing that could have made it better was her smiling, but maybe in time she would reward him with that, he was a slave to the her and the rest of the pack, he was the joke, the one who barely made it in, the one he had to be taught how to live in a pack, by someone that as far as he knew had never lived in a pack before. He had reached a point in his life where he believe he was the low of the lowest, and no drink or pills could make him find that happy spot he once had.
Her words cut him, made his heart just want to shatter into a million pieces. Oh how could she just be so dry towards him? It was bad enough that she made no effort to mask his scent; Lucifer wasn’t dwelling on that topic right now. He hurt he gave a meek smile trying to push the pain away from showing he didn’t want her to laugh, which was the last thing he could deal with right now. ”Five days.” Those five days have been painful for him, he wasn’t happy about there his rank had placed him.
He lowered his head with a nod, yes…he had met her, but this wasn’t the first time oh that was like the third maybe forth run-in they had, had with each other. This was the only time where he came out begging and watching his shadows, the male sighed and lowered his head down again, folding his ears back and rolled his tail up under her frame letting it match up with his belly. ”Sulein..Ms…” His answer was soft and mumbled, he wasn’t in way shape or forum. He didn’t want her to believe that he found this humorous. It was quite the opposite; he knew it was coming once he figured that “sugar Lips” was the leader of the pack. That his pet “Sugar Lips” was Iskata, the female that gave Deuce the chance to be happy and rule a pack.
[/html]
[html]

Fix your credits, dear. I'm not windseeker or mew. LOL
Number of words: 379

Five days. Five days he'd been skulking around. She could accept that. And his rank explained why he didn't rush to find her. She knew her co-leader had no love for the black male. And that was fine. His tail tucked under was fine to her too. There had once been a time he'd used his superior rank to force her to leave her family and pack. She wouldn't do that to him. She watched him quietly. This was not her Lucifer, cringing away from her. This was not the Lucifer she knew at all. Her eyes were soft but unreadable as she watched him.
"I assume she had a good reason to place you there then. I will not countermand her. I do know, however, that with your skills in hunting, you will bring yourself up quickly." A compliment. From the cold femme. That was almost out of character for her. Things had changed for her the night she'd lain with Haku. When she'd let that note fly, she'd let her hatred and resentment fly too. The hurt was still there, pungent as an infected wound, but that too would fade in time. Meanwhile, she needed to do her job as Shaman. It was her job to heal, not just physical, but mental as well. It almost was a strange job for someone so formerly lacking in stability. However, Deuce had found her niche here, and she did her job well, sans an occasional slip.
She lowered herself to a kneeling position, but kept her head above his unconciously. She allowed a hand to slip out and caress his cheek breifly, then pulled it back and settled both hands in her lap. "Rank not withstanding, what would you like to do with yourself, Lucifer? If you could have any co-rank available?" If she knew her Lucifer, she knew hard work would soon get him back to his usual self. So she hoped. It had worked with others, to give them omething to do. She had't had much to do with jefferson's recovery, but she knew he would need to make amends for that soon. He was pack now, which made him family. If she could tolerate one hybid in the pack, surely she could be cordial towards jefferson.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... rtable.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

wc: 512

It's a thief in the night

There was a chill in her tone still, the more he stood here looking at her, looking at her shell the more he figured it out, the more it stung him. He wasn’t the smartest wolf any more, but the scent of the male on her and her showing no shame, it was clear that her heart was with him, and because he was stupid enough to let her go time after time, she went to find love from someone else. How could he be upset with her? She did what she felt like she had to do. He lowered his head to the ground knowing that the warmth of her arms wasn’t something she would welcome him into. He knew not to look to her face, she was a goddess to these lands, and he was a nothing. He knew that Deuce would never forgive him for making her leave the lands when she raped Jasper, just to get back at him for having feelings for him.

”Yes Ms. Thank you Ms. “He knew it was wise to keep his wise to keep his words short. He couldn’t let his mind getting off the topic that she was way over ranked then he was. Lucifer mind loved to make him think his past over, over and over again. Though he couldn’t help but to wonder if there were still any feeling for him left in the cold shell that shared the body and name of his once mate and lover. Oh it killed him knowing that was his Deuce, he beloved white lady, the mother of his children. Whatever it was or she was it was not the lady that he came back and hoped to find. Oh god, this was killing him, it was only helping to crush him down to where Iskata wanted to see him, down on his stomach, but with nowhere and nothing to turn to. Slowly he was getting to there, he thought that he had Deuce to turned to for her to, and then finding out she was the shell of what she once was. That broke him down even more.

He took a breath in, as he let of a hushed whimper as if in pain from breathing. Thought to the naked and well trained eye there was nothing wrong, and there wasn’t. He just felt like this was the final straw that was added to his back, his weight was more than he was able to handle. He lowered his stomach down into the muck sand that lined the beach, as he shook his head, ”None Ms. This Sulein, is just happy to have a rank, and a home.” He wanted to cry, this was not how he had imaged his homecoming. He imaged a smile from her, with open arms and for her to go behide Iskata back and give him a much higher rank. Something that wasn’t so low, really there was no other rank then exile for him to have right now. What he wanted was his mate back.

[/html]
[html]

Her eyes were filled with pain now as she watched the black male she still harbored love for. Her hand twitched in her lap as her heart wanted to reach out and touch him. She wanted to ease his hurts. Her voice held a slight tremor when she spoke to him again, her voice soft as if she were only speaking to herself. "Oh, Lucifer...what was done to you? Please, just look at me." A single tear slid down her cheek as her heart ached for him.
She twisted her hands in her lap. The Shaman was at a loss of what to do for the dark male in front of her. She wanted to fix him, but to do that was beyond her, it seemed. Sometimes what was broken had to mend on it's own, and she as a healer hated that. She hated being helpless, useless.

[/html]
[html]

wc:502

indent With how much he dwelled on the mental factor that she was only a shell of what he once was in love with, the male was clearly unable to see that he alone him-self was a mere shell of what he once was. He no longer cared for the hunting that he use to be live for, the hunt lust was gone, the mouth brat had to be there somewhere that was like it was from the getting away with just about ever thing as a child, and knowing if he screamed and yelped and whined long enough someone would give in or brush him into the shadows. He wasn’t sure where he had lost it, or even when. The last hunt he had done was for him-self and he had taken to eating was a dead deer that he had found, it gave him a small stomach ache, but he fixed it with some grass, and was able to hold it down, but that was on the trip back to Deuce’s arms. Foolish him thought nothing would have changed and she would have waited for him to come back.

indentShe called him by his name, his ears lifted up for a brief second only to flatten again, he wasn’t sure if this was only a joke to see if he would break submission or if she really wanted him to look at her. He could hear her voice shake while talking to him, he wanted to walk over and press his body against her leg, he knew better then to walk around in his shifted frame. Though Deuce and Iskata both could shift he knew that if they were not shifted he would tower over them. That alone would be reason for Lucifer to be nipped at, if not attacked. He didn’t let him-self forget that he was a nothing, only hear because of Deuce. He whimpered and shook his head swiftly as he shut his cool blue eyes, no to look at her in her eyes would be disrespect and was a right that only Iskata could have, or her new lover. Though he knew well enough better to say anything to her that he could smell his sent of her coat...still, he picked it up the night he had made love to her, but it all the same, maybe this was for the best right. ”Nothing Ms.” He didn’t know what she was talking about, he was just the same Lucifer that he was a year ago, or so he thought, he was really clueless to that a year ago he could have cared less what his rank was within a pack, a year ago he would have laughed and done as he please, well though a year ago he was going for a leader rank in Jaded Shadows, Fatin and Tayui seemed to understand his odd ball ways and knew his heart was in the pack and for the pack. That was all before the fire took place.

[/html]
[html]

He didn't look at her, and he didn't anwer, but in her heart, she knew. She had done this to him. She had broken him finally. And now she hated herself for it. Her hand trembled as she reached out, forcibly lifting his chin. Her bi-colored eyes seached his intensely, a soft whine in her throat. She didn't find what she was looking for, and she released his chin, looking away.
If she couldn't fix him with gentleness, she would fix him with iron. Her voice was strangely hollow when she spoke, her tone firm. "You will resume hunting. Winter is coming and Iskata will need more meat with her pregnancy. Also I take care of the injured, and the injured need more meat as well. You will assist the Furre and the Tennens in their duties." Even she was shocked at how cold her voice was. She didn't look down to him again, just remained staring out at the water. She felt as if she'd lived a lifetime, but five wasn't that old. She didn't know, didn't care.

[/html]
To feel touch again that didn’t come from pain was nice. He told his muscles that it was okay for him to relax. He couldn’t though he held his neck stiffly knowing if he made a wrong move she could have all right in hitting him, he whined softly wanting to pull his head away and hang it low and let the shame that he had earned with his title wash over his body, once she let go of his head, it dropped, he whined hearing her whine, he didn’t want her up-set, he was sure it was because he didn’t look at her once she told him to. He couldn’t, he couldn’t look at some one of such a rank that it was almost god like.
”Yes Ms.” The male would do at he was told, he couldn’t tell her hate hated the hunt, he lost that skill, he just stumbled every time he would get near a prey. She said hunt and keep her and Iskata well stock in food, the male would try, even if it meant stealing from other packs, knowing though if he was caught it could mean death. The male just nodded and sighed. The black male hovered back down as he was, he showed his rank and wore it like he should, he was the scared timed little beaten down wolf that everyone wanted him to be.
wow. that was a quick thread. LOL

[html]
So this was how it was? He would remain broken inside, and she would remain icy and untouched? She didn't want it, didn't want him this way. She had at the very first, when Shadow had been young. But that was before everything else. This seemed to be how he wanted it. She wondered distantly if he could hear her heart breaking. She opened her mouth to ask, then closed it again.
She stood, brushing her knees off, putting the shawl back over her shoulders. She looked down at the male, her heart in her eyes. "One I wished I had one desire....and that wish flew away, and left me with the ashes..... She paused, wiping away another tear. "When you can act as my equal, that will be the day I start loving you again. Until then, Lucifer....You know where I am." She looked at his bent, broken form a moment longer, then pulled the shawl around her shoulders, walking away.

[/html]
wc:386

It killed him that she was once the female that he faced his father’s wrath for even seeing was upset and crying, he didn’t know why. He was doing as his rank had told him, his rank was one that meant you messed up and now you have to pay for it. He knew that he messed up, even coming to these lands, Iskata hated him, and made sure that he knew it every time they seen each other. She was always saying thing to make him feel shame or made sure that he knew he was nothing in these lands. Lucifer only reason for staying here a second longer was her. Though that was starting too seemed like that was nothing but a stupid mistake also, just like everything else he had done since he had came back.
Her tears came down her face. He could hear them in her breathing. It killed him, he wanted so much just push her down and lay on her, and be held by her. That sounded like the best thing in the world right now, but he didn’t dare knowing it could be taken as a sign of rank, and hell he was a nothing. That was all he could hear in his head was he was a nothing, and Iskata would love to just keep him there. The male nodded while exhaling a whine. The male wasn’t sure wasn’t what to do, she was giving him a command, and it was clear that until he changed she wanted nothing to do with him, but…he was just acting according to his rank. Hell even his child was over ranked them him. He licked his lips feeling her warmth move, he watched her shadow, get up, movie away from him and then turn her back to him, as she left. He looked up seeing her back side as the tears came to his face, God why was this so hard for him just to be thankful that he was with Deuce...well not as mates or lovers, but more so as pack members.
He waited till her steps where faint before he let it out in full tears as he pushed his head into the water, screaming till he couldn’t breathe any more. He was the same Lucifer…he was…Wasn’t he?