whats the story
Sankor wasn't for certain why exactly he'd ventured out to the edge of the coyote's lands. It was clear how they felt towards wolves, displayed so neatly upon spears in the sandy dirt. He sat on a hill overlooking the border decoration, studying them with mild disgust but knowing in his heart that coyotes had met the same sort of fate at the fangs of his kind.. they'd just never made displays of their victims in such a manner.

The chocolate and ebony male's green flecked eyes watched the lands, waiting to see if they really held such a vast army of hate filled beasts, or if the rumors were just rumors. He knew atleast that not all of the things he'd heard were rumors.. but he would see for himself. Perhaps pay for the curiousity and need to know, but atleast in the end he would know the truth first hand and not through the general run of the mill he said she said.

The golden hearted boy fluffed his pelt up against the chilly breeze that threatened to steal away his warmth as he sat on his self appointed stakeout. Yes, sooner or later someone would appear.. maybe in the end he'd learn a thing or two, maybe he'd regret a thing or two. He would have to wait though.. and that was the boring part.
[html]
It would be neat if someone came upon them Big Grin Ember's on a mission o.o And haha...I have threads with everyone but Davinci now, Shannon!

Ember looked up, then back down at her feet as she walked. This was a trip made of pure boredom, from the hope that she might get into some sort of trouble. Maybe she could get someone here to attack her, to chase her, to shout at her and threaten her...and it'd wake her up again. Ember hadn't been feeling the best for the past couple of weeks. She had thought that it would pass, the depression and broken feelings, but it hadn't. Truth be told, she knew better than to come here at all. She knew what sort of damage the coyotes could do, and about what it could mean for her pack if they took whatever she did personally. But she didn't feel a strong bond to Esper Hollow...and besides. She hadn't been hanging around there enough to really smell like any in the group. So they wouldn't really know where she was from unless she told them.

The dark, shifted female crept along the borderline, her head kept low. Her heart wasn't beating quickly, like she had hoped that it might...and her senses weren't any sharper than usual. Whatever she had hoped to get out of this snooping, this trip, it didn't seem like it was going to happen. She wanted something or someone who would force her to see reality--who might make her feel something again, anything. Even something simple. Like pain.

[/html]
-hah.. poor DaVi.. Sad -

Sankor's field of view was suddenly breached by a dark motion across the landscape. Snapping his head to the side to get a better understanding on what was approaching the clan's lands he realized that it was infact another wolf. Narrowing his eyes, brows furrowed in confusion the male sat there quietly watching the soul as they crept closer and closer to the edge of the border. The scent was female and the bi colored boy was astonished that anyone male or female would come trampsing along these borders from what the others spoke of.

He shook his head silently before rising to his paws. Somehow he felt like this was something one of his siblings would have done or a friend of the girls.. and like the elder brother he rolled his eyes and moved quickly through the undergrowth to try and stop the situation before it became worse, though something in the back of his mind was laughing at him, wasn't he sitting here on the borders doing the exact same thing as the girl before him.

His paws were silent as he crawled down through the brush, closer and closer he crept to the woman as he kept his ears open to anyone else approaching. Hissing outloud to catch her attention he asked, crouched behind a briar bush. "Girl, are you looking for trouble?" his green flecked eyes studied her form as he spoke on. "Cause that's what I hear you get round these parts." He said matter o' factly. What did he know though, he'd come looking to see if the rumors were so true.
[html]

"You're going to blow my cover, fool! Be quiet." What, had he never been over to Inferni before? He'd only heard that things were bad over here? Ember wanted to get in, get a little roughed up, and then get out...and this stranger being here complicated things. The dark wolf turned back from her watch-point, padding toward Sankor. She wasn't stupid, she knew what she was here for.

"I came to see someone here." That was the truth, after all. She was hoping that Hybrid might be patrolling the borders. When she had caught him in the act of attacking Cercelee and had saved the white leader, he'd vowed that he would hunt her down and kill her. She was just coming here to ask him to pay up on his offer.

"But I only want to see him. Not anyone else. But thanks to you, they probably heard us." Other coyotes might just chase her away. She knew Hybrid would do more. "What the heck are -you- even doing out here? And who are you?" She fired back.

[/html]
Sankor shook his head in amazement. "Blow your cover?!" he asked, "You trying to get killed?" he exclaimed. The male sat back on his haunches rather quickly as he raised a brow at the girl, wondering just what was wrong with child for her to want to sneak into these lands that were rumored to house the rough and tumble creatures that were monsters in his eyes.

"Who in the world would you ben waiting for here?" he asked, skeptic that she was actually meeting someone on these lands where hell seemed to exist on earth. The doubt shown on his face as well as his words as the girl seemed to become angry at him for trying to keep her arse out of danger. If she wanted to be in danger she'd have to do it on someone else's watch, it was too late today now.

The girl just rattled on about this boy she was waiting to see, Sankor could hardly believe it was the Romeo and Juliet of their times. She seemed to grow a little bolder the more she rattled on, a ghost of a smile split his maw as he thought of his sisters suddenly and how they would have acted the same. "Sorry I spoiled your good fun by being concerned girl.." he said as he peered out from behind the briars, seeing no sign of anyone in the area. "I was watching, I use to live here, before all these strangers moved in after their fire and all." He wasn't really rude about it all, he really didn't care that the wolves and coyotes had moved in, it was too damn much space for a few lingering loners anyways. His green flecked eyes turned back to gaze at the girl as he granted her his name. "Sankor, if you really must know..." he said, then realizing that it really didn't sound right after he'd spoken. "Sankor, my name's Sankor."
[html]
She's a liar >_> makes for interesting plotness later though! if you don't want her to use Cricket's name, then I can change it to something else :]

She hadn't thought that she would have to explain herself to anyone else. Keeping out of the coyotes' view had been her main objective, finding Hybrid and Hybrid only...she hadn't thought that there would be any wolves out here, especially ones who seemed interested in her. She had been trying over the last few weeks to become invisible, unnoticable, sneaking around different places, and it made her angry that a wrench had been thrown into her plans.

"What's it to you? Maybe I do have some friends in here! I've never seen YOU around, though." Ember had lived in this area all of her life. Either here or over the mountain...and she knew these lands. She could go wherever she pleased in them! And it was her own choice to come here--why was he getting so angry? "At least if someone comes along I can try and distract them...make 'em go for him instead.." She muttered.

It seemed like it would be an appropriate thing for her to introduce herself, but she didn't know if she wanted to. What if he somehow knew some of her family, or one of her friends? What if he told them that she'd been here? She didn't want to get anyone else involved in this...this was her own personal mission. "I'm...Cricket. I live in Esper Hollow."

[/html]
[html]

indent He had been watching them for several minutes now. Silent, laying low in the tall grass and listening. The one, the male, was a loner. The other belonged to the same pack as his father. Her scent, however, betrayed she was related to the damned woman from Phoenix Valley. She muttered to herself about using the male as a distraction and right then and there he judged her character.

indent Slowly, he advanced. Then, when he was a yard away from them, he revealed his presence. “So who exactly are you looking for?” He asked flatly, gold-yellow eyes focused on the dark female.

[/html]
Sankor snorted at the words of the woman as she spoke, she'd like him to believe that she had friends here. From the way everyone spoke the clan had no friends among wolves. Shaking his head he eyed her with pure doubt in his eyes as he spoke. "Friends? Right. I highly doubt you'd find anyone who wants to welcome you with a warm embrace." His words were dry and slightly sarcastic as he watched her muttering to herself. The next words that came from the woman seemed to be an arguement between herself and her alone. He could do nothing but roll his eyes at the notion that she was going to use him as bait.

The name she gave seemed forced but before he could reply it seemed that they'd been found out. Snapping his trap shut as he raised himself up to his full height and stared that the beast that was approaching. His mind argued differently, the male looked just like any other canine he'd seen before but it wasn't him that the clan member had addressed. He figured he'd just mind his own and wait til he was spoken to, he was after all on dangerous ground and he knew it.
[html]

Normally she would have turned back and ran at the sight of the Inferni leader, but today she was preoccupied. She needed to find Hybrid. If he attacked her, then she would try and get away...but other than that, she would talk to him. What difference would it make if she spoke to him? Sure, she had once been a member of Dahlia de Mai...but he wouldn't hold that against her, would he? She'd left them behind months ago.

"Hybrid owes me a favor. I just came to talk to him." It was the complete truth. But maybe he would think that she was lying. "Ask him yourself, the next time you see him. He...is still living here, isn't he?" She tried to ignore Sankor, focusing on Gabriel. Forget Sankor. She'd never said that she wanted to be welcomed in with a warm embrace.

[/html]
[html]

indent He inhaled the cold air, felt his lungs expand, and exhaled in a breath of steam. He could taste the water in the air, the rotting leaves and autumn scents. Gabriel’s eyes remained forward, though his ears turned now and again towards the male. The breathing pattern was different; though he wasn’t scared, he was on edge. Good. “Yes,” he said flatly. “Though unless you’re looking for someone to rip your face off, Hybrid isn’t much in the way of favors.”

indent Turning his head, Gabriel’s eyes narrowed and turned fierce. “And what the hell are you doing here?”

[/html]
He sat there and watched the two, the stern leader who seemed to tower over the ebony lass as she sputtered her reply and the lass who was just strong enough to speak her mind. He wrinkled his nose at the words she spoke, assuming that anything anyone from the clan owed anyone wasn't something you'd want to collect on, and it appeared he was right as the male gave her a response along the lines he was thinking. He could feel the male's stare move from the girl to him as she tore his glance away from her and let those golden orbs as he was made the center of attention.

He grinned slightly in a friendly manner as he admitted the truth behind his stakeout. [b"Trying to decifer truth from rumors you could say."[/b] He had learned over time to actually give someone the benefit of the doubt before accusing them of all horrors, though the information he'd aquired about the clan did add comments to his thoughts he atleast was willing to find out where to draw the line. From this male though he could clearly see that maybe the rumors were true, the skulls along the border screamed warning.. but the nagging feeling that perhaps as a whole they were one thing, as a single member to each their own? He knew they were in trouble now, but atleast he'd learn a thing or two before being punished for toeing the border.
[html]
Sorry that this is so short, guys D:

She had really only come there looking for Hybrid...and then she'd met this stupid wolf. He'd ruined everything. Gabriel looked like he would just let her go if she tried to go...but this one had messed things up. The leader didn't look too happy with him. "We should go. If Hybrid's not here." She was surprised that he was bold enough to plain out tell Gabriel why he was there. Ember hadn't really lied either, but her reason wasn't that good either. "Don't you think? I'll come back another time...and find him. Or look somewhere else."

She just wanted Hybrid. She had to see him. Nobody else really mattered. So as long as she eventually found Hybrid she would be happy.

[/html]
[html]

indent At the smile, and the eye-contact, Gabriel bristled. The fur along his spine went up, and his hackles caught red-black flame. A deep growl rumbled in the center of his chest, a warning. Whatever else he was, the wolf blood in Gabriel was thick enough to believe in dominance, believe in assertion. That was one of the reasons he was able to keep Inferni together, despite their war, their shrinking numbers. He kept his eyes on the male, though heard the girl explain herself, and realize what he was imposing.
“Yeah, you should go,” he said coldly, the warning echoed in his tone.

[/html]
Sankor stared at the hostile male before him as all the rumors seemed to fade away into fact. He didn't show any sign of agression or submission before the dominant male as his ears tuned out the discussion that the female and male seemed to be having. Suddenly with a push and nudge from the dark hued girl Sankor took his eyes off the male, the words she spoke finally getting through to him as he nodded slowly. "I've seen enough here it seems." He had wanted to believe that rumors spread wild across the lands but to his own disappointment he was wrong.

Moving steadily to his feet the male's eyes never left the frame of Gabriel as he began to move away. He had a lot to ponder over and perhaps even an apology to his sibling who'd always had a flair to exagerate in the past. For once she hadn't done just that and he wasn't certain how he felt about that. The way of things in the past hadn't been right, he'd realized that now.. but this new violence that seemed to linger wasn't going to help their clashing differences. The meeting was obviously over but he doubted he'd seen the last of the coyotes and their halfbreed kin.
[html]

She was glad that he was going to allow them to leave. Ember hadn't really expected to be found by Gabriel, of all of Inferni, but maybe he wasn't as bad as she had thought. She would come back again to seek out Hybrid, and wait by the borders until he eventually showed up. "I'll see you again sometime, I'm sure." Ember said to the hybrid, turning and starting off into the woods.

[/html]