a sunset symphony
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 406

The cliffs had their pride of standing on the beach side, letting the waves jump up as high as it can. The cliffs being a barrier to the lands from those who would try to attack via ocean. Atop the cliffs was a very old tree. Old, but strong holding. Looking at it, it doesn't seem to have obtained any damage, though it looks like it was falling apart. However, it hasn't lost a piece yet. A strong tree it was indeed. It was also a favourite place to came to to listen to the ways for a young wolf. A white wolf who only knew where to find it. It was place to come to freely, but the paths were blocked off by rocks or too much under growth. This white wolf however, always knew how to get there. It wasn't far from where he used to live in Bâtons et Pierres. The forest surrounding it were getting ready for the winter seasons, with leaves changing color to suit the seasons. The breeze blew softly as it sounded like it was telling a story of an ancient wolf, or something that would come to the wind's mind, if it had one.

On a branch extending out into the ocean on the old strong tree sat the white wolf Pendzez. He looked out into the ocean while holding an instrument that had strings. By the looks, it looked like a musical instrument, possibly a harp. He sat there with his fingers playing the strings calmly with his voice going.

Swallowed up in the sound of my screaming

Cannot cease for the fear of silent nights

Oh how I long for the deep sleep dreaming

The goddess of imaginary light

In my field of paper flowers

And candy clouds of lullaby

I lie inside myself for hours

And watch my purple sky fly over me

I linger in the doorway

Of alarm clock screaming

Monsters calling my name

Let me stay

Where the wind will whisper to me

Where the raindrops

As they're falling tell a story

If you need to leave the world you live in

Lay your head down and stay awhile

Though you may not remember dreaming

Something waits for you breathe again

After the lyrics, he chanted calmly, letting the breeze carry it far across the planet. To other packs and tribes so they could here the symphonic poem of the white wolf.

[/html]
[html]

The waves were creating music of their own, splish-splashing up against the rocky shoreline. For most wolves this territory would not be a very appealing one...but Ember thought that it had a certain charm about it. She liked the fact that there weren't many running around here, that she could sit and listen to the music by herself and not worry that someone was watching her or judging her.

The dark female shivered a little as a wave blasted over one of the rocks nearby, showering her with little sprinkles of water. It was getting colder, a fact that made her coastal rendezvous a little more uncomfortable, but it was worth it. She didn't feel the cold most of the time, only when she started to think about the temperature. She thought that it was peculiar that the ocean never froze. It was always constant, waves jumping over one another, hitting against the rocks. Frozen water didn't create music. It was too still.

Ember could hear the music coming from somewhere up above, but she didn't look up. She had been hearing a lot of things lately...music, voices....she couldn't tell if this was something that she was imagining (which she thought that it was; who would be out here?) or something that was real.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 280

The white wolf removed his hand from the strings to let the breeze do their work. It would carry it to far distances. However, a scent came to his nose. A scent of a an Esper Hollow wolf. He started to wonder if it was Kaden, bt it had a female scent to it. He looked down. No one was there. So, mabye it was at the bottom of the cliff, because no one but Pendzez knew the way to the old tree on the top of the cliffs. He jumped down off the branch to the edge of the cliff. He looked down and saw the female, so seemed to be wondering around the coast. It was an odd place to go to as a getaway, but what he to argue.

He sat down at the edge as he continued to look down. He then started to place the strings again while looking out into the sunset. A sympony for the sunset was a perfect way to end the day. This tune, however, was different to the tune he was previously playing. this tune had a more soothing tune to it. Something that would break the ice on some things betwwen other people. He didn't mind if the female heard it. Perhaps she might find it pleasent. Well, it wouldn't the first anyone would say that. Others found his tune to be well to listen to. Something to keep them relaxed.

He started to play again, going to a more Eternal tune. That sounded like a tune that was sort of the last part of thing, or the death of a friend. Either way, a good symphonic tune it was.
[/html]
[html]

She heard a pause, a break in the music, and looked upwards again. Maybe someone really was up there. But if they were, wouldn't they have noticed her by now? She wasn't sure. Maybe they couldn't see her from where they were sitting. Ember didn't know if it was curiousity or annoyance that made her stand up and crane her head back. There. She could just barely see him up there, but at least now she knew that there was something there. Unless the figure that she was seeing was a ghost, or something. She wasn't sure about ghosts.

The werewolf turned toward the area that the music was coming from, beginning the long trek up the cliffside. She hadn't had much interest in eating lately, so she was looking a little thinner...but her muscles were just the same. She was able to get up the sides with some effort, but it wasn't too difficult for her. Ember had exercised long and hard after breaking her arm to be sure that she would have full use of it, and that it would heal correctly, and that wasn't all that long ago.

This was becoming more and more of a mission with each step that she took, pulling herself up onto a ledge then walking along it...then grabbing another handful of rock and repeating the process. It wasn't so much that she wanted to get to Pandzez...more that she just wanted to finish scaling the cliffside.

The large, shifted wolf finally got to the tree that the other was sitting in, and she craned her head up to look at him. "Ghost?" She'd meant it as a question...to ask if he was a ghost. But it hadn't come out right.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 314

At first, the tree was bountiful with leaves and fruits, even the birds found this tree a sanctuary. Now, it's dead, dried up, the moisture literally taken out. Once it died like this, itcouldn't absorb anything, not even any kind of liquid. Though dead, it was still a tough tree. The branches are still strong to hold any weight. The animals around the place climbs the tree to get away. Some see it as a play tree. Pendzez at a young age enjoy play at this tree, climbing it, especially during the sunset to see it's majestic beauty. In the daytime, the leaves would protect the white wolf from the blazing heat of the sun on those hot days. the fruits there were a little snack. However, that was all in the past. Now, like mentioned before, it has died, but still remains on the cliff top.

The scent of the female seem to be getting close, like it was climing up the hill. He looked down and barely saw the wolf trying to climb the rocky cliff. Well, she a way to climb, not to mention if she had curiousity. Pendzez moved back to the trunk, leaning on it for a rest. His strings he put on his belt. his spear was on the ground, but he felt that he wasn't going to need it. His instincts told him that the female was harmless, but he would have to be alert, in case she wasn't.

The female made it to the top and she was looking at the white wolf. A word came from her mouth, asking if he was a ghost. A ghost? Well, he had a white pelt, but he wasn't a ghost. He was as real as any creature on the planet. His look turned to her with a reply. "No, I'm not a ghost. What gave you that idea?"

[/html]
[html]

"I keep hearing things. Music. But...you're sure you're not a ghost? I think that it's the ghosts that keep playing the music for me." Maybe it sounded crazy, what she was saying. But what did she care, any more? She didn't have anyone left anyway...and she didn't really need any friends. None of her friends really stuck around for long...even her mate had dissapeared. Ember laughed, shaking her head. Khaden had really been the last straw, the thing that had caused all of this. Why had he left? She had already been so insecure before...now things had gotten worse, if that was possible.

"Who are you?" It was strange that a wolf would be playing an instrument, a rare thing. She was interested, though...this had managed to catch her interest. So she would focus on it.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 262

Pendzez wondered on the words about ghosts making music. If he was a ghost, well, he would've died. But, last he checked, he was alive as he has ever been. Despite the fact that the pelt makes him look like a ghost. Pendzez, however, was sometimes mistaken for a ghost, but he didn't really believe in ghosts. If he did, well, that would be another story. Right now, he returned to the subject. "Well, that was my music you heard, but I'm not a ghost. I don't really believe in them. And playing for you? Did something happen?" Pendzez obviously knew that something was wrong if she said about ghosts playing music for her. She must have lost people, like Pendzez did. However, he thought that it wouldn't be any of his business, but he had to know what was wrong with Ember. Come to think of it, he didn't know why about that either.

Then there was that question about his name. Well, the two just met and they know each other's names. "Pendzez Zazkex. Child of the Tundra. That what the name means. What about you, Miss..." Pendzez stopped at miss so she could her name. He had to be nice, not to mention he is. Pendzez was always a good wolf, never disobeying any little rule, but he had slid past a couple one time. He ended up being yelled at by a female at Dahlia de Mai. Luckily, he was let off easy, on the charge that he doesn't do it again. He looked back at the sunset.

[/html]
[html]

Ember had never really been much of a pack wolf. At least, not since Storm had burned down and she had lost Phoenix. Her father had been a very big part of her life, and then he was gone. They'd said that he had gone back to look for her and her siblings, Firefly and Kansas, and that something violent had happened. Ember hadn't seen either of the other two children for a while now...she had once been a member of Dahlia de Mai herself, but had gotten into a fight with Firefly and had left and joined Shadowed Sun. Then that pack had disbanded, and she had come to live in Esper Hollow.

But it seemed that this pack wasn't really working out either. She hadn't seen any of the members for a while, when she thought about it...but then, she hadn't been around the lands much. Maybe she was just missing them. "Something a long time ago, but I never heard the music back then" She explained. She probably did sound silly, talking like this. "Sorry. For...talking about ghosts. Most people don't like to hear about them. You're actually the first person that I've told about it, about the music. Kind of funny, huh? That I'd tell a complete stranger..."

She trailed off for a moment, becoming lost in thought for a few seconds before snapping back. "Ember. Ember Phoenix. You have some smells on you...that seem familiar. Are you a part of my mother's pack? She is leading Phoenix Valley with Deuce...and maybe another wolf? I don't remember their name, though."

[/html]
[html]

WC: 216

Pendzez saw that things were troubling her. Mabye the pack she was in wasn't working out for her, or were treating her badly. mabye her mate was too mean to her, or mabye her family, if she had family. Well, she didn't tell anyone about music and ghost, expect to Pendzez. She then said that it was funny tellinghim because they just met, don't know each other, and haven't met before. Pendzez thought on the subject in question. "Well, mabye. I was sort of the same. I told you what my name meant, but we only just met. I'd say that's funny." He gave a little chuckle.

Then came the scent of Pendzez. He smelt like Phoenix Valley. Well, he was in that pack. He knew of Iskata, Deuce and Hel. Iskata was the only wolf that came to mind that could be Ember's mother. Well, Hel wouldn't be because she has disappeared. "You must mean Iskata. Yes I'm in her pack. I knew you meant her because Hel is the other wolf, but she disappeared." Wolves from all over the place seemed to be disappearing lately, even has Kaden from Esper Hollow. "You know, wolves are disappearing. Just recently, a wolf at Esper Hollow, who went by the name of Kaden Aatte, disappeared I heard."

[/html]
[html]

Khaden had gone, and with him, some of her family ties. Ember already considered Naniko to be a sister to her (as Iskata had adopted Naniko when she was younger) and Naniko's pups to be her little nieces and nephews...but Khaden had solidified that. He was the pups' actual uncle, Naniko's mate Conri's younger brother. So that made her their aunt in two different ways. Now that Khaden was gone, she felt disconnected.

The shifted female gave a small smile when he returned her words, nodding. "Yeah, it is. My name doesn't mean anything, I don't think. I was named after someone my father knew once." There were a lot of wolves dissapearing? How many others? She knew that it was normal for some to come and go from packs, but they usually said something to someone about going first. Khaden had just left without any word. "Khaden was my mate. You knew him?" But Pendez probably didn't have any more information than she did.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 226

The white male didn't much about Khaden's disappearance, only that he was gone. When he first met Khaden, it wasn't too far away from here, where Pendzez's house was, or what was left of the small house. He didn't get to find out about his sister much. The snow white wolf still believes that she is still alive, somewhere. He would have to put a hold on that for now, until he has things sorted out and all. Once he could be able to go for a while, then he could mabye get back to finding his sister.

Returning to the subject about Khaden, the female says that he was her mate. Her mate? Well, that was unobjective. The white male could see that she loved Khaden and wanted him back. Then she asked if Pendzez knew him. "Yeah, once. My old home is not far from here. I went back there one day and met Khaden. Talking to him made me loose track of why I was really there, but there is always a next time. Khaden said he was just walking around for some fresh air, or something like that. I had a good conversation with him. When he went back to Esper Hollow that day, that was the last time I heard from him, and not long ago, I heard he just disappeared."

[/html]
[html]

She thought that he was interesting, and that meant something. Most of the time Ember walked through her life without noticing those kinds of things...just running around and not taking note of the beautiful things that nature had to offer. Not that she thought he was beautiful...but normally she wouldn't have taken notice. His music was wonderful, now that she really thought about it. So why wasn't he playing in front of some sort of an audience?

"Where's your audience?" Her thoughts came directly out of her mouth, and she gestured toward his instrument. "I assume that...that thing's where the music was coming from?"She leaned up against the tree, but on the other side of the trunk. "I can't play anything."

[/html]
[html]

WC: 204

An audience? Why would the white wolf have no other audience than the nature itself. The nature needs a song other than the other wolves. His words is to help those be supportive to others, and to help calm there minds. Other times, it would just be a song in the breeze, crossing the oceans and forests and any other place that the breeze can go to. To be honest, the whole scenery was his audience, including the trees, animals, and plants. "Well, everything around me is the audience. Besides, my songs and tunes are just ice breakers, or something to soothe the mind, nothing more."

Ember then said something about having no ability to play an instrument. Well, only most musical instruments that were human made were destoryed by time. Only some remain today. Pendzez happened to find the harp one day and since then, he's beening teaching himself how to play it so beautifully. He only made some songs that he made up himself. "Well, it took me a while to use this instrument, but I persevered and now I can play it beautifully. It's not that hard once you figured out the notes of the strings. Like I said, not hard."

[/html]
[html]

"Will...you teach me? Just a little? Maybe I could find one of my own...of those things. I kind of like that noise that comes out--I mean...it's different and new. I can't sing to save my life...but maybe I could do that...what you're doing." She felt a little bit of hope, a little lift. Maybe music was the way to go...skill wise. Perhaps she could bring something to the pack after all. She was interested in learning more about the instrument that he had...and maybe looking for some more instruments.

"Can you find more of those? Maybe in the human city?" Ember frowned, thinking. "Do you think we could go sometime, to the city?"

[/html]
[html]

WC: 244

One thing was finding one now the other was teaching the female to use one. Well, using one wouldn't be to hard to do. Basically, once you know the different notes when moving your fingers along the strings, the rest is easy. However, some don't like it becuase it would get frustrating. Then they would throw it away, or reck it. To the humans, the harp was a rare instrument to come by. Only a few had them. Others would try to find them, but end up in failure sometime later. "Well, I suppose I could. This is one of the few, there should be some still around, unless time has affected it."

Pendzez couldn't remember the last time he had been to one of the large human cities. Some of them were just small just to be called a town at most, or a little city at most. He never been to a former metropolis that used to be a bustling city. "Well, these instruments were rare, but I guess we could look for any that may be remaining. This one I found in the city on the outskirts of the Dahlia de Mai, but I don't want to go back there for two reasons. First, I was almost killed for tresspassing. Second, there is this female wolf there that acts like a total bitch. She might aswell has a tattoo on her saying I'm a bitch. Probably isn't just that city, though."

[/html]
[html]

Ember wasn't good at meeting new wolves. She didn't form those connections that most did when they met other wolves; sometimes when she met new wolves she did wonder about becoming their friend, about maybe meeting up with them again sometime, but she was always afraid to ask about it. This was a rare happening, that she would show interest in what he was doing and that she would request to see him again. But the instrument that he had was so interesting...she wanted to see more of them.

"If it's just on the outskirts of the pack, near the border...were you actually inside? Strange. I don't know. I think...I might know the wolf you're talking about." Ember shrugged. "She can be trouble sometimes. But I think she'll let us through if we're nice. And we can look in the other parts of the city, maybe." Firefly could be harsh, and Ember knew that they were very protective of their lands over in Dahlia de Mai. "I think you met my sister."

[/html]
[html]

Ember starting to say to say things that seemed to take Pendzez off track of the subject. She asked if Pendzez was actually within the border. He was, but just inside. He didn't go in any further. Then she said that she might know the wolf that Pendzez was speaking of. Also saying that she is trouble, but will grant passage if they were nice. Pendzez shrugged, "Well, when I did that, she still told me to beat it." It was obvious that Pendzez didn't like her one bit because of her behaviour.

Now Ember says that this wolf was her sis. Pendzez just couldn't believe it, well one reason was because they didn't look like each other. Pendzez had a slight disbelief look on his face. "You and her? No offence, but you don't look like her in any way." Pendzez just didn't beieve that they were sisters.

[/html]
[html]

Many siblings didn't look alike, and she shugged at his words. Look at Naniko's kids. None of them looked the same; one was white, one black, one copper, and one brown. Ember's other siblings each looked different, too. Icarus looked a bit like Firefly, and Kansas was an off-white. It just depended on their parents, really. "My mom and her have the same coat color. I must look more like one of my grandparents or something."

[/html]
[html]

Come to think of it, most siblings don't look alike, mainly because of the pelt color. It also goes for the parents and children in some cases. Pendzez saw that between himself and his parents, however, he did have something that his father have. His burning red eyes is what Pendzez inherited from his father. That was it, though small. His pelt was pure white as snow, but his father's was sort of grayish, so was Flayra's. His mother was sort of darkish pelt. Returning to the subject in hand, Pendzez replied, "Well, I suppose siblings don't always look alike. Same for the parents and children, in some cases."

Pendzez thought for a moment about going to look for another instrument like his harp. The human cities would definitely have them, but they were rare, also there are many cities around. He wouldn't know where to start looking. "If we're going to one of the human cities, is it alright if we go tomorrow or a time that suits you?"

[/html]
[html]

"I should get back...but I definitely want to take a look. I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime" She nodded. Ember didn't really mind the company, deep down. She was lucky she'd found someone nice who she didn't mind talking to. And maybe if she got one of those instruments, he would be able to teach it to her. She hadn't had anyone teach her anything useful in a while...it would be really refreshing.

[/html]