into the flood again;
[html]
i love erin.

He was ready. The gift he would give her was in his ragged black satchel; it was nothing beautiful or spectacular, but it meant something to them. At least, he thought so. Kansas was surprised by how calm he was - the part of this that had required the most mettle from him was asking Ehno permission for Savina. Speaking to her brother had been terrifying. At the same time, however, he wouldn't have been able to be with Savina without seeking his approval. It just wouldn't have felt right.

The young adult sat on the porch, the seemingly meek place where they'd met each other. The rain had paused for just a few moments, and a tiny break in the dark clouds revealed a glimpse of sunlight. The small glare was bright enough for him to need to squint a little. He did not feel the need to call her to him. She'd find him - he had mentioned being here to her earlier. But he was relaxed, filled with a happiness he'd never felt before, and he'd wait for her.

[/html]
[html]
<333

The rain had been beating a steady rhythm against the mansion most of the morning, so the raven fey had felt no reason to leave her room yet. Earlier Kansas had stopped by and mentioned he would be on the porch if she wanted to join him. It was only now that she had dragged her lazy bones out of bed, stretching her arms wide over her head. She delicately stood up and walked to the little table that held her necklace. It had taken her a little while to get used to the clasp which allowed her to put the chain around her neck, but she was fairly competent at it now. The pink shell stood out brightly against the background of her dark fur. She loved having that necklace on. That way there was always a little piece of the Sadira boy close to her heart.

Savina knew Kansas was sitting out on the porch, so she was careful to be quiet as she opened the front door. Almost without a sound she knelt down behind him and wrapped her slender arms around his neck. "Hello, my white knight." Accented voice softly whispered in his ear. She gave him a tender, loving kiss on the cheek and then rested her face against his, arms still wrapped around him. This was their special place. The place where they had first met. Being here with him again made her feel all the more warm inside.

[/html]
[html]

Edit: CREAK. Idiot. ;;

Kansas watched the sky, wondering when the clouds would cover that patch of sunlight and thinking about how strange it was that it was even there. Ahead were small tendrils of mist, made more visible by the dancing glimmers of sun. He hoped it would stay beautiful like this, for her; he hoped she would see this. Perhaps she could see through a window in the house, but he wanted her there beside him.

He had few worries left, but there were some. They'd found each other so young... Kansas knew he would never tire of Savina. Her soft nature and her strength were things he loved about her, among countless others. But would she tire of him? His quietness, his cowardice? He still had those lingering feelings of insecurity from his childhood, that he wasn't the kind of boy who could ever be yearned for. But he couldn't predict those things now; he'd have to simply trust.

He didn't hear the door opening behind him. He thought the floorboards gave an odd creak, but before he could turn around, he felt her slim, warm arms around his neck. His heart leaped as he grinned, lifting an arm and resting his hand over her forearm as she kissed and clung to him. "Hello, my beautiful girl." He always nearly trembled when she touched him; his neck turned and he returned a kiss, taking her hand in his. "Come here," he whispered almost playfully into her ear. "I want... to talk to you..."

[/html]
[html]

As he grasped her hands back, that all too familiar electric shock when through her. Savina was by no means a frantic wolf, but she never felt so calm as when she was with him. He washed away all her worries and fears. With him she could just simply be. She loved Kansas for exactly who he was. She didn't need, nor want some big strong man to protect her. She was a big girl and knew how to take care of herself. What she wanted was a relationship where both got as much as they gave. Where each of them brought something different to the table, and together it all felt complete. This was the kind of relationship between the light and dark pair.

The midnight fey was intrigued as to what her love wanted to talk about. Other times when such phrases had been used, there had been the undertone of uncertainty. Right now, there was no uncertainty in his actions or words. Smiling she moved from behind to sit next to him, never letting go of his hand. She positioned herself as close to him as she could, while still maintaining space enough for them to talk and make eye contact. Savina loved losing herself the the sea of blue that were Kansas' eyes. "Yes?" She questioned sweetly, very curious as to where this would be going.

[/html]
[html]

He loved to see her smiling so; loved to think he was making her do so. Today, he was more sure than ever that he was the cause; that smile made him feel better about himself and his capabilities than he had in quite a while. He knew she cared for him. She'd shown him in so many ways that he couldn't misjudge her anymore. But he kept asking himself if she was ready for this kind of thing. He'd wondered the same of himself, but found he couldn't stand the thought of Savina being anything but his.

Their legs touched, their hands clasped. Being close to her always made him warm, made his head swim in the best way possible. He rubbed her thumb with his, letting her stare at him. Her eyes were so bright. He cleared his throat and spoke to her in a smooth and soft voice. "Savina... I love you. I haven't ever felt this way about... anyone." He thought of Naniko for a second - but he had spoken the truth. He loved their pale Alpha, but he'd finally realized that Savina was someone entirely different. "I want to b-be with you. Forever. I mean that." The words were out of his mouth, and a new wave of anxiety washed over him. He held her gaze, keeping his own eyes free of any emotion other than raw adoration. He would accept any answer she gave him, but the one he was hoping for could possibly make everything seem perfect to him.
[/html]
[html]

His simple touches were enough to send shivers down her spine. The simple feeling of his thumb rubbing against her own felt more wonderful than she could have ever imagined. As he began to speak, his voice was clear and strong. As the words "I love you" left his lips, her smile widened and her eyes glittered even more. She had to suppress the urge to immediately respond that she loved him as well. She knew that this fact was known to him, yet she couldn't help but want to let him know again every chance she got. When he said that she was the only one, she believed him with all of her heart. At times the Marino girl might have been concerned that with the past between him and Naniko, she would have always worried about being second best. But there was a special connection between them; one that spoke right to each other's heart. They had shared their deepest and darkest secrets and had come out the other side more connected than before.

As the he spoke the last words a wave of shock washed over her. Forever? Was he asking her what she thought he was asking her? Her mouth hung open. It was what Savina had always wanted. To find someone she loved and to start a family. But when she and Kansas had found one another, she had been so happy with that alone that the other stuff had fallen to the background. Her heart beat heavily in her chest. "K-Kansas...do you mean..." The word "mate" refused to come from her tongue, a nervous hesitation that that might not be what he meant, though almost surely it was. Hot tears began to well up at the corners of her emerald eyes. Happy tears. Was this really happening? The raven fey continued to look into his face, her hands squeezing his tightly waiting for his response.

[/html]
[html]

Aww! *dies*

Sometimes he lay awake at night at pictured her dark and beautiful face before him, listening to his own whispers of "I love you" over and over again. He liked to hear himself say the words, because he actually had someone he could say them to and mean it. Sometimes he held himself back from telling her he loved her, wishing to keep the words special. Hopefully she knew that when he did say so, he meant it with all his heart. Her hand felt warm in his; as the words left his mouth, he could feel her grip tighten. She was nervous... and was she okay?

Her nervousness was apparent in her stuttered words. He didn't know what this meant at first - she was shocked, but was it good or bad? He wanted her answer to be "yes" so much that anything about her expression that might mean something else made his stomach turn. But when he saw her eyes glisten with tears, he knew he had made her happy. "Yeah," Kansas nuzzled her. "Will you... will you be my mate? Will you be mine, Savina?" He did not mean the last words in a possessive way; he smiled as he spoke, finally confident, feeling his happiness burning inside him, waiting to be set free.
[/html]
[html]
They are so damn cute! *dies as well*

Her heart beat so fast that she thought it might burst through her chest. Perhaps it wanted to break through, because she wanted to give it to him completely. She wanted to be his. She would give anything and everything she had for Kansas. As he nuzzled up against her face the fluttering in her stomach intensified. His voice rang through her ears. At this moment that was all she could hear. All that existed was the two of them. And then he asked her. The question she had always hoped to be asked, but never really thought she would be. This was heaven.

"Oh Kansas!" Savina closed her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck, falling into him. "Yes, yes, yes! For now and for always." The girl showered his cheek with kisses as tears streamed down her own. The words she had spoken were straight from the core of her love for him. She would stand by his side, through thick and thin, with love and with loyalty. She would never let anything tear them apart. Since coming here, she had gained many titles that were important to her. Though to be the mate of Kansas Sadira, that would be the one that meant the most to her. The one she would be most proud of.

"I love you so much." She breathed, still hugging herself close to him. Her mate.

[/html]
[html]

Your post is so sweet. <3 Wanna end here?

The moment seemed suspended in time. That brief pause between his words and hers gave him a feeling he couldn't have described, halfway between elation and uncertainty. He felt his stomach swoop like an eagle taking flight when she finally spoke. Gave him her answer. He'd worried that she wouldn't have an answer, that he would have to wait for her, another stretch of time wherein he wasn't complete. But his eyes closed as embraced him, and his arms encircled her slender body, holding her to him like he had no intention of ever letting her go.

He felt the dampness of her kisses and tears on his cheek, and he kissed her soft, dark lips for a long time. He was an unimportant member of Crimson Dreams compared to her. He was amazed by all her accomplishments, all she'd contributed to the pack that had become their family. That she accepted this about him might just wash away his uncertainties about himself. Because she didn't care that he was less than her. She loved him. "I don't think I've ever felt so good," he whispered."I love you too."

"Oh." Reluctantly he pulled away, reaching behind him to take the small, rectangular board out of his bag. He turned it faceup and handed it to her, along with a small pointed writing stone. "Here. It's a writing slate. Nan...Naniko taught me to read and write with one like it. I'll teach you, too. If you want." It wasn't an extravagant gift. More like an offer that she could take or leave; whatever she wished.
[/html]
[html]
Yay short reply! And kind of crappy XD

Rank didn't matter to her. She knew that he loved her, and that she loved him. She knew he was a good person, kind and gentle. That was what was important. Her whole body tingled as their lips met in a long kiss. "Neither have I," she whispered back. The girl felt more complete now than she ever had before.

Savina almost whined when he broke their embrace, but soon she saw why. He reached behind him and produced a type of board. Emerald eyes looked at the thing curiously, not sure what it was, but Kansas was quick to explain. She took the slender slate in her hands, and looked lovingly back at Kansas. Back at her mate. "Kansas that is so sweet! I'd love for you to teach me!" Gently she set the gift aside and gave him another kiss, settling herself against his side. The two sat there until the rain started up again hours later. Then they returned to what was now their room.

[/html]