before the truth goes back into hiding -j-
Character Name: Geneva Stockholm
Character Birthdate (including year): May 1, 2006
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Canis lupus ortus
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). aim - gwendolynsflight
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Google Smile
Initial post:

A sleek dark gray shadow against the thick carpet of startlingly green flora, Stockholm trekked carefully, doing her best not to trample the plentiful bowers of blossoms and leaves. She minded her footsteps carefully in order to keep from tangling her paws within the surprising surplus of herbs and vegetation. They wove a heady scent upon the light, warm breeze. But beneath that scent, was the scent of other wolves. She knew that she was skirting the edges of claimed territory, and the knowledge thrilled through her. She was careful to stay within the outermost boundaries of the scent-marked territory, mindful that any cavalier action would most likely spell out failure for her.

She reveled in the warmth of the sun that seemed to reverbate through the territory, as if light could have sound or taste. Her dark gray form, the color of concrete, almost shone with health once again. But the luster of her coat was tainted by flecks of congealed, hardened, dried blood that still decorated her still distended belly. She worried that if someone from this territory were to come upon her, they might be judge her. Self consciously, she turned to one side to partially hide the view of her sore body.

The scent of the blood had faded and had clung to her skin for some time now. But since the sudden end of her pregnancy, she had scarcely had the energy to do much of anything. She had tried to groom herself properly but had devoted much of her energies to walking and running when she could. It seemed now that her journey might have met its end. Standing somewhat tiredly, but alertly, she waited.
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... s/savt.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The raven woman glided easily over the pack territory. Her mind wandered to a hundred different things, but the thing that stood out the most at the moment was Pilot. He had been absent from the territory for a while now, about a month by her count. It greatly worried her. It didn't seem like the snowy male to just up and disappear without a word to anyone. Unfortunately Savina was at a loss as to what she should do. The pack needed her here. It would only be a matter of time until Naniko's puppies started running amok around the grounds, and they would need as many sets of eyes on the children as they could get. Not only that, but as good of a tracker as she was, with how long it had been there was no guarantee that she would be able to find his trail. With all her heart she hoped that her friend was alright and would return to them soon.

Suddenly the wolfess was brought back to the here and now as the scent of a stranger entered her nose. She picked up her posture to match that of her status and headed towards the newcomer. The Lieutenant General wasn't far off, and it only took a minute or two until the wolf came into sight. Her gray form stood out strongly against the fall foliage. Usual soft, friendly smile spread onto her maw and she trotted up to the somewhat bedraggled looking female. "Greetings! What brings you to Crimson Dreams?" It was faint, but now that she was close she could smell the sickly sweet scent of blood upon the wolfess. Concern entered her eyes, but she couldn't see any particular injuries right away. "Are you alright?" Her accented voice queried. Perhaps she would need to call for Naniko for medical help.

[/html]
Stockholm calmly surveyed the landscape until a dark wolfess' form entered her line of vision. Her heart pounded in her chest as quickly as a running rabbit, but she did her best to keep her hold over her composure. She noticed the strength of the raven femme's stance and adjusted her posture accordingly, her tail lowering and ears flicking back tightly against her skull. Perhaps she was overdoing it just slightly, but the knowledge ingrained in her genetics demanded such behavior. The sudden adrenaline surge left her knees buckling, but she called on her discipline and stood firm upon the ground. She would not make a spectacle of herself, not now, not after everything she'd strived for.

She smiled, slightly uncertain, wishing to be sure of something within the next space of heartbeats, but the raven wolfess' friendly smile put her mind to ease. She returned that smile - although hers was watered down, much more somber and somewhat unsure. She wanted to make a good first impression on this femme - it might be the only chance she had. And the wolfess seemed kind, strong, sure of herself. She waited for the dark femme to speak first, reasoning that she was the intruder upon the territory and that she would answer whatever questions she could, or at least listen to the dark wolfess to see if she was unwanted here.

Stockholm's smile wilted around the edges as she unconscious shifted her weight from one side to the other, trying not to fidget too much under the femme's scrutiny. She was also quite surprised. She heard a tone of concern from the dark femme - something she had not expected from a stranger. She gulped, trying to shake her sense of self consciousness.

"I am all right now," she said slowly. "My condition is no longer dangerous, so much at it is troublesome. I apologize for the scent clinging to me - I've tried to wash it away." She took a deep breath, continuing, "I sought your borders in the hopes that membership might be open to a pack."
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... s/savt.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Well, the newcomer had passed the initial test of acceptance; the ability to show proper respect at the borders. It was a good start. Admittedly, there were very few wolves foolish enough to not show such displays of submission. If one were ever to cross her path though, it would take a lot of backpedaling for them to be considered for acceptance into Crimson Dreams. She was relieved to hear that the female was not in any urgent condition. Breathing a bit of a sigh, she did notice how uncomfortable the other appeared to be. Shifting her weight from paw to paw and her legs somewhat unsteady. "Please, take a seat. It will be better for you." Savina herself reclined back onto her haunches, preparing to start the "interview" process.

"My name is Savina Marino. I'm the Lieutenant General, second in command of this pack. Our borders are indeed open to newcomers." She paused briefly, allowing the slate femme to introduce herself. "May I ask what your condition is? What has caused you to be in this state?" Her voice was firm, yet caring at the same time. There was genuine concern for what had brought the one before her now to be so weary. The Italian girl also thought it very important to get a sense of someone's past before considering them for admittance. She was very open-minded, and held few if any prejudices. It was just good information to have from someone interested in joining their family.

[/html]
Stockholm swallowed a sigh of relief and let her slightly trembling body sink to the ground in a sitting position. She waited for the raven wolfess to first relax her position, taking her cues from her clear dominant. She turned up the wattage of her smile. This time it was a completely genuine smile and she hoped it conveyed how grateful she was to Savina. Perhaps this wasn't quite the procedure she had been expecting - but heck, she hadn't really come in knowing what to expect anyway. Her only tactic was to be honest, open, and frank - to be herself and see how far that would get her. But she had no expected to encounter such friendliness. It warmed her heart to the core and doubled her determination to put her best foot forward.

"Thank you, Ms. Marino," the gray wolfess said, unsure of whether or not she should address her as "Lieutenant General." It was a little bit of a mouthful, and calling her the second banana didn't seem to be part of the protocol either. She clamped down her strange errant thoughts and looked thoughtfully at Savina. "My name is Stockholm. Geneva Stockholm." Her question really hit home - hit a place she didn't think she was ready to go yet. But she realized that it was completely necessary and the knowledge from her answers of the questions would ensure the safety of the pack. She understood and respected this - swallowing the bittersweet lump, speaking around her heart as it suddenly jumped into her throat.

"I was..." Stockholm swallowed then spoke more firmly. "I was carrying my first litter of pups two weeks ago, but my pregnancy was terminated, something had gone wrong. It was too early for any of them...to survive, to breathe. Not one of them moved and they were so small." She took a deep breath and spoke again. "It was hard at first, to do anything. To move, to go anywhere, but I couldn't stay..." She spoke solemnly, her voice low, "I wanted my family. I wanted to hold someone, to help them to grow. And I came here because, after everything, that's still what I want."
[html]
Mind if I join in on the fun? And welcome to 'Souls!

Today there was only one with her, which was a rarity. Usually where one went, all went. Naniko looked back over her shoulder to small Brooklyn to make sure that she was keeping up all right, then turned her head back toward the path in front of them. She had thought that it might be a good idea to show the children the border before they started exploring on their own, to explain the dangers of unknown wolves and how important it was that they stay in Crimson Dreams as much as they could.

But only Brooklyn had wanted to go--Salem, Haven, Mati, and Odebeh were still at home in the cave, sleeping with Anu. Mati had shown a little interest before she'd gone down for her nap, but Naniko knew better than to take both Brooklyn and Mati at the same time without any backup. She was shifted, standing on two legs, but that didn't really help a whole lot. It just meant farther for her to have to reach to separate them. They seemed to be the troublemakers out of the five pups. Nani turned her head when she saw movement to the side, Brooklyn running past her up the hill. When the pup reached the top she began to wag her small tail--she could see other wolves out there! She knew Savina, yes, but who was with her? She gave a bark, then looked back toward her mother.

The Commander reached the top of the hill after a few seconds. Ah...a newcomer? Or maybe someone who wanted to pass through. Either way, it looked like a good lesson to her. The white pair made their way down the incline toward where Savina stood, Naniko stopping when they got a few feet away. The Lieutenant General wasn't in a defensive stance, a visual cue that all was well...so she wasn't too worried. Brooklyn, excited to see Savina again, went immediately to the dark wolf's side, looking up at the General with wide, curious blue eyes. "Saaavvvvvyyy! Mom said I cud come here! wiff her tuday! Wat is you doing?"

Naniko turned toward Stockholm, giving her a nod of apology. "I'm Naniko D'angelo...and this is Brooklyn. If you don't mind our company..." She looked toward the pup, who turned to look back at her. "We're interrupting, Brook. Let's be quiet and watch and listen."

[/html]
[html]
Not at all! Big Grin

It was good to see the wolfess' smile widen and warm up. The sub-leader didn't think it necessary to drill those wishing to join unless it was called for. They needed to be interviewed and questioned, yes. But there was no harm in showing kindness. Besides, such behavior was just in Savina's nature. "You are welcome. And it is a pleasure to meet you. Do you prefer to go by your first or last name?" She had noted that sometimes when people introduced themselves in such a way, they preferred their surname to their given one. It didn't matter either way to her, but she wanted to make sure to address Stockholm with the name she wanted.

As the stone hued femme went on about her condition, the darker fey's heard dropped. She had never been pregnant, or experienced a miscarriage, but she knew all too well what it could do to someone. It had happened to her sister. And to Naniko the first time. Emerald orbs looked meaningfully into the other's. "I...I'm very sorry to hear that. Some of my closest friends and family have experienced such loss. My deepest sympathies." She bowed her sleek head in a gesture of showing respect to the young lives lost.

Then suddenly, and rather unexpectedly, a small white form barreled into her side. She had been so intent on her duties that she hadn't even noticed the arrival of Naniko and her daughter. A small cringe briefly crossed her face for Stockholm. She had just revealed that she had lost her litter, and now a pup stood right in front of her. That had to sting a bit. Quickly the expression passed, not wanting little Brooklyn to feel unwanted. A big warm smile replaced itself on her visage and she lovingly wrapped a leg around the girl's small form. "Is that so? That's pretty exciting, huh? Sweetie, this is Geneva Stockholm, and she wants to join our pack. I'm talking with her to see if it will be a good fit for everyone." Brooklyn was so curious, and so smart for her age. Savina loved having the pups around.

The Italian luperci looked back at the alpha as she introduced herself. She smiled and nodded at her friend. Naniko had been, understandably so, busy with the children and it had been a little while since they had had a good talk. Part of her wondered if the ivory lady's mood about Kansas and herself had improved. Those thoughts were quickly shoved aside though. This was no time for such things. Turning back to Stockholm, she shot her another warm smile, hoping this all hadn't shaken her up too much. "I'm glad to hear that, and that is very good. Do you have any skills you feel would benefit us? Or really anything you think you are particularly good at?" Savina was far from being a tough interviewer. It was good to have Naniko here, in case she needed any coaching later on.

[/html]
Hiiii! Smile

"I've never really been called Geneva by too many, I guess my surname's more familiar to me," Stockholm said, giving a completely ambiguous answer she realized. "I prefer my surname, but please feel free to call me by either name," she finished with an apologetic smile. Speaking clearly and articulating her thoughts? Not really her strong suit these days. There had been a time when she had been able to articulate herself quite well - but these days her brain was so scattered about, she often didn't think twice about what she'd say first. She spoke from her heart mostly these days, no reservations or filters. She wore her heart on her sleeve and she partly hated it, but at the same time it made it so much easier to be honest.

As Savina expressed her sympathies, Stockholm was once again moved and startled by the compassion of a virtual stranger. It all seemed surreal to her, but she automatically trusted the sincerity of the dark femme. "Thank you," she whispered, almost inaudibly, her head bowing in respect for this raven female who seemed so kind. She had uttered her thanks for the femme's understanding, for her compassion. She was just thankful that there were still creatures who existed like this at all - who were just intrinsically good, as Stockholm felt Savina was. It was a beautiful thing.

The gray female's ears flicked forward when she heard a barrage of movement, and she glanced curiously around Savina's form just in time to see a small white child barreling toward her. Stockholm was surprised at first, and it showed plainly on her face. But her expression quickly relaxed into a smile. It struck a chord to see a pup so close, but she did not resonate with sadness. She shook her head mutely when Savina cringed. It did not bother her to see Brooklyn, in fact it warmed her heart to see the child's exuberance and curiosity.

She waited for Savina to speak, figuring it would be better for her not to speak out of turn. After the Lt. General introduced her, she nodded to the white pair. "Ms. D'Angelo, Brooklyn," she directed a warm smile their way, acknowledging them and trying to convey that she was quite happy to meet them both. She was relieved to see that Savina seemed at ease. With a youth around, pack wolves might have been uneasy with a stranger - not that she'd blame them. And she certainly would never hurt a child of any kind. But their reactions to her presence told Stockholm two things: that they were secure in their power base and their abilities to allow a youth to the borders and that they wished to educated Brooklyn. Stockholm certainly approved of both qualities.

She returned her lime green gaze to Savina and smiled once more, before answering her questions. "I am able to read and write rather well," she said, continuing thoughtfully. "I guess you could say that I was trained to be an aide-de-camp. My literacy was important to my training. I was taught to observe, to learn, and to record. I am able to track my position against the stars and I know the constellations and their stories. I don't know how useful that would be."
[html]
^_^

Brooklyn was very, very interested in what was going on. Just a few days before, her mothers had taken her out on a hunting trip. Out of the pups Brooklyn had needed the most practice...something that the young female didn't like one bit. She wanted to be just as good at everything as her siblings were, if not better at it! She liked talking and was good at it, so she tried to talk as much as she could. At everything! Trees, birds, other wolves. It didn't matter if they could talk back. She'd just had a very enlightening conversation with a rock the night before.

Brook had heard of wolves being called by different names before. She knew that her grandpa had always wanted to be called Revlis, even though his name had really been Physe. Personally, she loved her name. Naniko had told her that Brooklyn was the name of one of the human cities, before all the humans had blown themselves up. Being named after a city seemed pretty cool.

The youngster knew that she was supposed to be quiet, but she couldn't resist putting in a word or two. "Fit in wiff us? She don't look too big--I finks she will fit fine!" Sure, this new wolf was pretty big...but they had lots of space! A huge mansion with room for everybody! Her mother was nodding to Stockholm, and Brooklyn imitated it. "Is good to meets you." After that the pup became a little lost. What were constellations? And...stars had stories?

Naniko's ears perked up at the mention of constellations, and she sat down next to Savina, looking to Stockholm. "That's interesting! Our old pack, Twilight Vale, was based off of the Zodiac...different constellations in the sky. I don't know much--my mate had been much more into that than I was, and he knew more--but I'll admit, there's something very curious about the sky. Especially at night."

[/html]
[html]

She chuckled lightly at Brooklyn's comments. "I think you're right Brooklyn. I'm thinking she will fit in with us fine as well." It was a relief that the appearance of the pup had not brought down Stockholm's mood, quite the opposite actually. It was another testament for her ability to go on with her life despite its hardships. It was admirable quality to have, and there was no doubt in her mind that the wolfess would be good with the little ones.

Savina was rather impressed with the skills she listed off. Perhaps it was because of her inability to read or write, but having someone around who was able to do such things couldn't hurt. Being able to keep track of her position by the sky was impressive as well. Perhaps she would be a good scout as well as a sort of historian and teacher. Knowing the stories about the stars might not have any "practical" use, but surely the children would find them entertaining. She found herself wanting to hear the stories as well. "A pack needs all types of skills! I think your abilities will be very helpful. I don't know if any of our members know how to write, and certainly the stories will be good for the pups. Don't you think Brooklyn?" She smiled down at the pup again.

The Lt. General's head turned to her Commander. "Well Naniko, I think Stockholm would make a rather good addition to our family. What do you think?" There was little doubt in her mind that Naniko would agree. She felt it was safe to say that Stockholm would have a new home here.

[/html]
Please excuse the shitterific quality of this post. I am very tired. D:

The lime-eyed wolfess' face split into a huge smile as Brooklyn spoke. Such exuberance in such a young wolf. She spoke rather well and Stockholm gathered that this confidence was indeed a good thing. It was clear that the child was a beloved part of the pack. She'd probably grow up to be sassy and intelligent. The gray wolfess took an instant liking to the young pup. She hoped that she would have the chance to get to know her and her mother better in time, if there was room for her here.

And indeed there seemed to be room, in Brooklyn's opinion. And when Savina said there would be room for her too, it was a wonderful surprise to hear her echo Brooklyn's sentiments. She loved the way Savina referred to the pack as a "family" instead. She felt as though she had so much to offer in that capacity. The bonds between these wolves seemed so strong and they seemed so sure of themselves. She admired their security and friendship which was so completely evident. Their relationship was definitely a strong one. Stockholm hoped that she too might connect on that level.

"I've often found that anything that has a name has a history," she said, gazing thoughtfully at the sky and back to Naniko. "But the symbolic stories behind the stars has always fascinated me too."
[html]
It's better than mine when I'm not tired Big Grin x33

The words that Stockholm spoke were very strong and wise, and they really made her think. It was true...that everything that had a name had a history. She did, this pack did, Savina did...even little Brooklyn. The large female's tail twitched a little before slowly flicking from side to side, brushing through the dead grass that they were sitting on. The pup responded to Savina first, her tail wagging furiously as she started. "Yes! Story time!! I wants much stories! much of them!!" She loved stories. Stockholm probably had ones that she had never heard before.

Naniko nodded in agreement. "You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like. Wolves tend to come and go...but I hope you'll be one of the ones who stays" Pilot had dissapeared, after all. And she had heard that her nephew Khaden had vanished from Esper Hollow a few weeks back. There wasn't any sort of a binding contract when it came to joining, just the hope that everyone would stick around. "Maybe Savina could show you around a little? We have a lot to offer a tired wolf--a very large house, a lake, numerous caves and empty dens, and much more."She would have offered to come along, but the other pups would be waking up from their naps soon, and she had to get back to her mate so that she could let her get out for some fresh air too.

"I come too, can'ts I Mommmmm? Cant's I? Wiff dem??" The young voice sounded from below, not even a second after she'd finished talking. The Commander looked to Savina. She did want the pup to see more of the lands, too, if Savina was willing to show Stockholm around anyway, but she didn't want her to be a bother on the two adults. They would probably be able to move faster without a pup trailing behind or talking their ears off.

[/html]
[html]
Hehe, I hope I don't fail at NPC'ing Brooklyn XD And this response is a bit of fail

Brooklyn was certainly excited at the prospect of stories. Once again the wolfess chuckled at the young pup. She had loved stories too as a child, it warmed her heart to know that Brooklyn did as well. As Naniko agreed to let Stockholm join their pack, Savina smiled at her friend and nodded her head. "Of course! Would you be up for a tour around the territory? Or I can show you somewhere you can rest first if you'd prefer." She remembered how weak the female had seemed when she had first come upon her, and didn't want to strain her if what she needed was a good rest. "If you want too, I can show you to the lake and help clean you up. The water will be cold, but not much can be done about that" Stockholm had mentioned how she had tried to clean up earlier, but had found it difficult. If she needed assistance the Lt. General would be more than happy to give it.

As the small alabaster girl piped up about joining the walk around the lands, she looked to Nani again. "If Stockholm is up for it, I don't mind you coming along Brooklyn. It will be good for you to see everything too." She winked one of her emerald eyes at the Commander. The ebony fey had heard that the young girl tended to pick on her sister. This way it would give Naniko and Anu one less set of paws to look after for a bit. And she was certain the slate wolf wouldn't object to Booklyn joining them either.

[/html]
Nonsense, both of you! I enjoy reading your posts very much -stalkstalklurklurk your postlogs- >)

The gray wolfess' tail wagged slightly, brushing the foliage on the ground, the sound whispery like her breathing. Stockholm had never been overtly emotional or prone to showing her feelings in such a physical way, but at that moment she could not stop herself and did not care to. She found it hard to believe that within the space of a few heartbeats, she went from being alone to being part of a family. It was almost more than she could take, really. Her heart felt like it would burst from her chest and ascend into the stars. How often was it that a sense of purpose and a dream would return to her all in the same day?

She regarded Naniko somberly when she spoke of those who would come and go. "I know it wouldn't be possible or honest to promise you forever," she said. "But I give you my word that for as long as this pack, this family exists, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body will belong to it - whether from within or without. This I vow." She uttered those words with gravity, purpose, reverence - for Stockholm was a creature who did not give her word lightly. She did not go on to explain that she would never take without giving back - that she felt it would be wrong to do. To say it might make pretty words, but she knew that actions would convey those better than any declarations of beliefs.

Some of the seriousness melted from her as she addressed the young white pup and Savina. "I would very much like that, Savina, if you have the time. Brooklyn would be a welcome addition." She looked at Brooklyn and spoke to her. "I bet you could teach me a lot about this place, huh Brooklyn?" the gray wolfess said with a smile. "I would be very grateful if you could show me the lake - as long as you believe it would be a safe place for Brooklyn to go too."

Blah blah crap. Sorry guys.
[html]
*feels loved* Big Grin And I'm just going to kinda do this fast, otherwise this will take forever!

Savina was impressed, and happy to hear the words that Stockholm spoke to Naniko. It was true, it seemed many wolves just came and left with the passing breeze. There were the core members though. Such as Naniko, Jazper, and Kansas. She also knew that her brother Ehno, and Anu would stay as well. She hoped that the gray wolfess would be one who would take this place as her permanent home as well.

Soon the lightheartedness returned to the exchange. "I've got all the time in the world." She smiled. Brooklyn squirmed excitedly by her side. "Yah!! I can teaches you everwyting I knows!!" Pssh, the lake wasn't a dangerous place. "The lakes not scary! I be fines!" She stated matter-of-factly. The raven femme raised her brow at the pup and then turned back to Stockholm. "With the two of us looking after her it should be no problem." With that she rose to her feet and turned toward the direction of the lake, motioning for Brooklyn and Geneva to follow. She threw Naniko one last glance. "I'll bring her back to the den once we're done." And with that the tour began.

Brooklyn chatted happily as the trio made their way across the lands. Luckily the lake was not far off, so the trek didn't take them very long, not even with Brooklyn's distractions and small legs. The sunlight glistened like diamonds on the surface of the water. Savina's tail slowly waved back and forth. She really enjoyed the lake, even though she had had some not-so-pleasant discussions here. "This is Rabbit Lake. The majority of it lies within our borders. It's where we get the majority of our water, and it keeps game close by. It's also a great place to take a swim, but of course you won't be able to do that for much longer." Brooklyn bounded over and began to bat at the water with her paw. The Lt. General followed her to the edge and looked back at Stockholm. "Did you want to try and wash up a little?" Of course she wouldn't have to if she didn't want to, but since they were here the female figured she would offer.

[/html]
I hope I'm not going out of posting order! Smile -jumps the gun-

Stockholm's lime-green gaze swept over each new seen, memorizing the lay of the land and analyzing scents, structures, and flora. She smiled when Brooklyn chattered excitedly, explaining what she knew about the land. It seemed that the gray wolfess couldn't help but smile around the young pup. There was something almost infectious about her laughter and her spirit. It made Stockholm feel light-hearted again. Although it was rather early to start developing feelings for anyone, she felt the beginnings of fondness for Brooklyn and Savina. Brooklyn was just too endearing for words. And the black femme seemed like she would be a genuinely true friend. She hoped that she could get to know the kind femme better with time.

The gray woman's legs buckled slightly when the lake came into view. The clear water shimmered invitingly. She took a deep, cleansing breath, willing her frame to steady itself. She found that after a few seconds she was able to walk the rest of the distance without too much difficulty. She counted her breaths, reminding herself that the distance got shorter with every step. Although the trek had been short, the femme grew tired very easily these days. But she did not want to see ungrateful to the duo for accompanying her and guiding her through the lands, so she kept up without complaint and hid her tiredness to the best of her ability.

She sank gratefully to the ground for a few minutes at the lip of the lake, but she smiled and continued to converse with Brooklyn to keep from alarming her. Her tongue lolled out of her mouth as she pulled herself to a sitting position and she panted lightly. She smiled as Savina told her the name of the waters. Rabbit Lake? It was a cute name, but also meant that game was probably plentiful. Savina confirmed Stockholm's thoughts with her next words.

The gray femme nodded and started toward the water. She sank in carefully - she was never one to dive in headfirst to anything. She liked to observe, to plan, to strategize. The water was chilly but felt good against her skin. She took a deep breath and submerged her head under the water, paddling a few feet deeper and looking about. She surfaced near where Brooklyn was standing, water dripping off her ears and nose. She shook her head slightly and asked, "Are there fish in this lake?"
[html]
I don't think so! Should just be you and me now Smile

It was clear that as much as Stockholm wanted to see the area, the weariness was beginning to overtake her body. Quickly the second-in-command decided after they finished at the lake she would take her to the manor and then the femme would be able to find a room and get some rest. Her spirit was in good shape, but her body still needed to recuperate. It was good to see her slip into the clear, cool waters. Hopefully it would feel good on her weary bones. Savina planned on keeping from getting wet unless the gray woman needed help though. She was a warm weather creature, and though the temperatures had risen the last couple days, she knew the water would still be quite cold.

She thought for a moment about the question, tilting her head to one side. "You know, come to think of it, I'm really not sure. I know Naniko knows how to fish, and enjoys them for the occasional meal. I'm not sure if she has caught them in this lake though. We'll have to ask her." The fey couldn't ever recall seeing a fish when she had been in and around the lake, but surely there must be some living below the surface of the water. "Whas fish look likes? Momma has tolds me abouts them, but I never seen ones." Brooklyn queried. "Well, they look a little like this..." Savina put her face down next to the pups and pursed her lips together puffing out her cheeks. The ivory girl laughed at the funny face. "Savvy looks sillys!" She used her paw to splash water at the adult. The female laughed and shook her head as the water hit her face.

"Well, I was going to ask you how the water felt, but I guess I found out for myself." She chuckled at Stockholm. "When you're ready to move on just let me know. There's no rush though." The last thing she wanted was to put any more strain on the femme.

[/html]
Stockholm enjoyed watching Savina interact with Brooklyn. There was something somewhat captivating about the gentle, fun way Savina acted around the young pup. Their relationship dynamic was obviously a healthy one - Stockholm could see the love as clear as day. If Stockholm hadn't met Naniko and seen her obvious resemblance to the child, she would have thought that Savina was her mother. She took to Brooklyn so naturally. Stockholm had a feeling that if the dark femme ever settled down, she'd make a great mother.

She did a few more strokes in the cool water, loving the chill because at times her body seemed to burn with fever. She was wearying fast and was grateful for Savina's offer to leave. She was rather tired now and knew that she had pushed her body to its limit. She rose from the water carefully. She emerged a few feet from the Crimson Dreams duo and shook herself dry. Her gray fur, no longer weighed down by the specks of dried bodily fluids, puffed up instantly. She shook the water from her body and caught sight of her form in the reflective lake. "Savina's not the only one who looks silly anymore," she said with a grin.

After a few more shakes to loose the water from her fur, she walked gingerly over to Savina. "I think this will be the extent of my ability to explore today," she said apologetically.
[html]
Finish this up in the next couple posts, ya think?

It was already clear when Stockholm emerged from the lake that the job of cleaning her fur had been done. Even though she was now soggy, she looked like a much healthier wolf. Brooklyn giggled as the slate female shook herself off and made the comment about her own silly looks. "Yah! Nots as silly as Savvy dids tho!" As the new member finished shaking the water from her pelt and walked over to tell her that her limit had been reached, Savina nodded her head. "Of course. I'll show you to the manor and you can find a room to rest in. It's not far." She spoke softly. Quickly she turned her attention back to the pup. "Come on Brook. Let's show Stockholm to the mansion. We have to take it slow though, alright?" Brooklyn nodded happily and contentedly walked between the two adults.

It was slower going than before, but she needed to make sure that Stockholm was able to make the short trip fine. Luckily it was a shorter distance than it had been from the borders to the lake. Soon the trees cleared and the large house stood out proudly in the clearing. "Thas the manson! I dun live theres, but Savvy does!" The small girl stated proudly. "That's right Brooklyn! Naniko and the pups live in a den not far from here, if you ever need to find them." Savina informed her. As they ascended the steps to the porch, the inky fey stuck close to the lighter wolfess' side, just in case her legs gave out. As they reached the top she trotted ahead to hold the door for her two companions. Brooklyn quickly bolted inside and as Stockholm entered Savina followed behind.

"This is the living area of the house. All these doors on the side lead to rooms, which are somewhat like dens. There are more upstairs too. That door to the back is the kitchen. Inside there's a door in the floor which leads to the basement. We have a food cache down there, so if you need any food help yourself." She went through her speech quickly, knowing the female needed to crash. "Now go ahead and find a place to sleep. I'm going to take the little miss back to her den." She said, smirking at the pup. "Awwwwww! But I don' wanna go hooome!" Brooklyn protested, a pouty look on her face. "Now now, Stockholm needs some peace and quiet. Maybe we can find a rabbit to chase before going back to your mom. Would that be alright?" Soon the pout was replaced once again with excitement and her small tail wagged wildly. Savina turned back to Stockholm. "Anything else you need before you rest?"

[/html]