Broken fields
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet was wandering again, but this time it was more like searching than wandering. For the past few days, the coyote hadn’t been able to find her mother. She was worried; Asphyxia had pups on the way and might not be able to protect herself. If she got attacked there was also a chance that the pups might be killed. So, Garnet was being a faithful daughter and running around like mad looking for her. Somehow, the black coyote had ended up not too far from the Dahlia border. She figured that she might as well look for a scent trail here; someone might have found her mother and kidnapped her, or worse. Red eyes flashed as the she-yote sniffed the ground in her lupus form. She knew that she was far more vulnerable like this, but it was also easier to scent big areas with four legs.

She sighed, lifting her head and glancing through the trees. Nearby were the remains of a town, all overgrown, of course. Not far was also what had once been a well-tended field, though it too was retaken by the Earth and turned wild. Bird song drifted down to Garnet’s dark ears and she glanced up at the sun. Red eyes blinked as she sighed, wondering what had happened to her mother. First her father, then Midnight, and now her mother. Would everyone she cared about leave her? Would Jazper leave too?

[/html]
Firefly had been out on patrol, not because she'd been told to or it was her duty, but merely because she could. The girl had caught the scent of someone she remembered from a time she wished she didn't and had taken a turn off her normal path. She narrowed her eyes as she stalked on soft paws through the trees towards the source of the scent. She paused near the edge of the treelining, staring out towards the once urban lands that were now as wild as the woods. The other woman had her back turned to the girl as one watched the world while the other watched the once clan member.

Firefly knew by her scent that she no longer belonged to the clan but she was highly interested in why the girl was so near their lands. She cleared her throat as she spoke up. "Any reason why you're lingering..." she asked. The last time they spoke Firefly had been their prisoner, now she was free and she wondered just how much of the girl really had abandoned the clan.. or if she had turned spy for the sorry excuses of flesh and wanted the world to think she didn't belong to them. Her fangs were barred as she waited for that response, rather excuse or honest truth.
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet turned sharply, eyes widening. A few moments before she had caught the scent of a Dahlia wolf, and had been planning to leave, but it seemed that they had found her much quicker than she expected. The dark coyote spotted the other female and her mouth opened in surprise. ”Firefly!” Red eyes stared at the other; the last time she had seen the wolf Firefly had been Inferni’s prisoner. By the looks of things, they had let her go quiet some time ago. Garnet shuffled her feet at the question.

”I’m looking for my mother, she’s missing. You haven’t seen or scented any other coyotes around her recently, have you?” Her eyes flickered with worry as she questioned the she-wolf. Garnet had no idea how willing Firefly would be to give any information, if she even knew anything that is. There also was a chance that she would try and attack the black coyote; Firefly might not realize that she wasn’t with Inferni anymore or she might not care.

[/html]
The girl of Dahlia de Mai wasn't really surprised by the exclaimation in Garnet's voice, the young woman had never been hateful towards Firefly while she'd been kept prisoner and Firefly hadn't actually hated the girl either, though she had never told the other that little bit of information. She couldn't help but smirk as the ebony coyote gazed at her and tried to find an answer to the question.

Firefly sat back on her haunches as the girl before her spoke, her ears alert for the sound of others as she waited, when the words finally rang true Firefly atleast knew the girl was speaking from her heart. The Sadira girl had known where the troublemaker from Inferni had gone because her own bitch of a mother had taken the lady in. If some of Dahlia de Mai had found out she was sure trouble would have bred between certain members of both packs. She shook her head as she eyed the woman. "She's not here, nor has she been." She flicked a few settling leaves off her paws as she admitted what she knew. "She went to Phoenix Valley.." Firefly hadn't really cared for the reasons why she'd stayed in the lands with Iskata but she'd known the story. She figured that Garnet had known it atleast but it appeared that the woman had hid even from her child.
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet watched as Firefly sat down and regarded the coyote. She felt glad now that she hadn’t taunted the she-wolf when she had been in Inferni, the coyote felt relief that Firefly wasn’t just going to jump up and attack her. The dark lady relaxed a bit as Firefly answered her question, though her ears and tail drooped a bit at this information. ”Yeah, I knew she did a while ago, but, I haven’t been able to find her recently. I’m worried something has happened to her.” Garnet sighed heavily and sat down herself, looking at Firefly curiously. She couldn’t forget how reluctant the wolf had been to talk with her when Firefly had been a prisoner of war, but that had been expected. She wondered…

”So, how have you been? I see my ‘blood-thirsty’ former-clan let you go.” Red eyes flashed as Garnet raised an eyebrow at the she-wolf. There had never been much communication in Inferni; she had probably still been in the clan when Firefly had been let go. But still, the coyote was curious, she wanted to know what had happened and maybe what Firefly had been up to recently, that is, if the she-wolf even wanted to give up that information.

[/html]
While the dark hued girl had obviously had a nice time after she'd finished her duties as Firefly's guardian.. Firefly on the otherhand had not. She flicked her tail over her hind paws as she listened to the girl speak of her mother. A slighty shrug was the only response she'd gather from Firefly and the few short words. "I don't keep tabs on my mother's packmates." She didn't care either about the woman. Perhaps if Garnet's mother hadn't decided to start a brawl on unclaimed lands with a pregnant wolf Firefly's world wouldn't have been turned upside down and all the frosty frozen brittle pieces would still be intacted.

While the girl liked living in her icy inner castle where she was a cold heartless bitch to most she hadn't like the shattered world that had resulted from Garnet's poor job at her watch. Somewhere in her mind she blamed the girl for some of what had happened but she doubted the child even knew the truth of it all. At the mention of the clan her eyes narrowed as she spat, her numb mood changing in a flash as the girl brought up the touchy subject. "They let what was left of me go." She bared her fangs at the girl as she felt her hackles bristle. "Did you ever wonder.. why you were suppose to guard me.." She asked suddenly.
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet’s ears and tail drooped slightly as Firefly replied. The coyote had been hoping, praying, the other might just know something. Anything that could lead her to Asphyxia would have been fine, just so long as the daughter had a lead. The dark coyote sighed, realizing that Firefly probably didn’t want to give any information about Garnet’s mother. Asphyxia had been, more or less, the cause of the Inferni/Dahlia war and therefore the cause of the other female’s capture and imprisonment in Inferni.

Garnet really did care about her mother; after her dad had disappeared and then later her sister, Asphyxia had been all she had left. Her mother was very important to her, she wanted to keep her family close, especially as she was supposed to have extended family soon. The pups resulting from Asphyxia and Skoll’s romance would be Garnet’s half siblings, and she didn’t even mind if they were half wolf. Hell, why should she, especially seeing as the coyote was, herself, in love with a wolf. It was then that Garnet noticed Firefly replying, and not looking too happy. The black coyote flinched as the wolf spoke, a bit of worry flashed in her red eyes. ”I’m sorry-“ She whispered before she realized that Firefly might not want sympathy from a coyote. ”Well, I guess I did wonder a bit. Never sure why it was me…” Garnet looked off at the clouds, glancing at Firefly with one eye; an eyebrow was cocked at her.

[/html]
Firefly could feel the pinpricks of annoyance along her skin at the words the girl spoke of. She didn't really care that Garnet had become upset that Firefly knew nothing of her mother's whereables. She didn't care that the girl actually did seem to have wondered what Firefly had been through, the girl herself hadn't have had to go through the same. She'd been the one who'd gone through hell and had to find her way back again, the journey was hard and she was still searching for her escape. She flashed her fangs at the girl as she spat. "You were probably the only sane one in those damn lands besides Anselm.." Her eyes were narrowed as she began to rant and rave. "If you'd done what you were told instead of every once in a while maybe you wouldn't have to worry so about your own damn mother!" Firefly wouldn't have been surprised if after everything Haku had killed the bitch and hide her remains, it would have been a just end for the woman who started it all and by the end of the bloody war had run off to find sanctuary in the mists of a pack of wolves.

Firefly's eyes were alight with fire as she snarled at the girl, wanting to make her feel just some sliver of what hell she'd been through. "You wondered why the wolves think so bad of your damn clan.. ATLEAST Dahlia de Mai respected Gabriel's daughter. Not one of my packmates forced their own wants and needs upon a damn child!" She hissed as she moved another step closer to the woman, the rage building inside her insisting on a release she was still denying it.
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet had a brief flashback to when Firefly had been imprisoned. This was just like it had been then; the coyote trying to be sociable while the wolf just got angrier and angrier. If Firefly wanted to have yelling, then there would be yelling. The dark female felt the fur along the back of her neck bristle at Firefly’s words. ”And I didn’t control Inferni! It’s not like I was calling any shots, so don’t get mad at me because of what my former-packmates did to you! I know that I could never understand what you went through, and that I can only barely imagine it, but I know why other packs hate Inferni now. Why the hell do you think we left?!” The coyote snapped back at the other female, even though she knew nothing good would ever come of this. Still, it felt good to just yell at someone for once; to let go of the guilt she had felt since meeting Firefly.

[/html]
She snarled as the girl began to show her own form of anger. While Firefly's anger at the other was justified she could hardly believe that the dark hued hybrid believed that none of what happened was her fault. Her teeth flashed as she spat at the woman. "IF you'd actually considered your responsiblities and duties to your clan no one would even have to try and understand!" She took a step towards the other yearling as she growled. "Your mother knew what Inferni was all about from the start!" She snarled, her eyes flashing at the girl who seemed to think that her change of view now really mattered to Firefly.

Her ears were pinned back against her skull in anger as she felt that the stupid spoiled brat before her would never understand anything, though she'd been in the mist of it all, her own mother had been the the one to throw the first strike and yet the first to run when the fires blazed. "I think you left because you're a coward." Firefly wanted to lung at the girl, to tear out her throat and end the memories right here and now, the girl was seriously getting on her nerves quickly and the Dahlia de Mai packmember felt it would have been justifiable atleast to take the life of the girl who could related to her yet would have let her rot in the shack.
[html]

OoC: D8 this looks like it's going to be a fight....

IC:
The blood eyed coyote was feeling the rage boil inside her, no doubt the anger was from her Massacre lineage. She bristled at the other female shot back at her and a tiny voice in the back of Garnet’s mind told her to stop. It was like a fly in your ear that just kept buzzing and buzzing and no matter how hard to tried to shoo it away, it still was buzzing in your ear. Her conscious told her this was a bad idea, it was unlikely that the coyote could win against the she-wolf, even though she had been practicing and had gotten a bit of training from others. Still; it was likely that Firefly outweighed the dark lady by a fair amount, only wits would let her win. That, or dumb luck.

Garnet narrowed her eyes and flashed her teeth at the other’s comment. Firefly had no idea what she was talking about; she obviously didn’t understand the loyalty Garnet felt for her mother. It was her job to look after Asphyxia while she was pregnant and her duty to follow her from Inferni as a daughter. How could this wolf understand that? ”I am not a coward…” White vapor coming from her maw as she hissed out the quiet, but still threatening, words. And yet, Garnet knew that she wasn’t going to be the one to strike first if the wolf wanted to turn this into a fight. No; she wanted to see Firefly’s weaknesses first, not rush blindly into something that she could never win with just brute strength.

[/html]
Her fangs were bared as she watched the other bristle at her words. She didn't care that the young woman had once been civil to her, she still had let the devil waltz through those doors when she was suppose to be guarding them. Her emerald eyes twinkled wickedly as she chuckled. She knew she was getting under the other woman's skin and it didn't bother her one damn it. She might as well be just another coyote all alone on the lands, no one would miss her, and if they did so what. Firefly had her reasons why if she had to kill the bitch... right now she just wanted to play.

She growled as the other spoke, her words just the sad pathedic excuse that they all uttered. "Really? You've never proven otherwise..." she said as she began to move slowly, to circle the woman before her. She hated the girl for blinding following a figure that had started this all. Her devotion to her mother was a sorry excuse she clung to. Nothing but an anchor so she didn't drift away into nothing. She would starve herself soon enough on that one but Firefly didn't mind heckling the girl closer to the edge.
[html]

OoC: Sorry for the EXTREME lateness on this. ;-;

IC:
Garnet lowered her hackles and drew her teeth back into her jaws. No, wait… And it was then that the coyote realized that she was letting her emotions control her. She was letting Firefly goad her into being exactly what she thought all coyotes were; cold-blooded monsters and killers. As much as she didn’t want to admit it, what had happened to Firefly was, for the most part, her fault. Well, that’s just too damn bad. Firefly was right after all; she was a coward. ”You know what, you’re right,” Garnet spoke in a much calmer voice, even though the she-wolf had begun to circle her. The coyote moved so that Firefly was never behind her, but made no more aggressive moves. ”I was a coward. But then, a coward always resorts to violence first to solve his problems.” The Massacre narrowed her ruby eyes slightly at the she wolf to give more emphasis to her words. ”I don’t want to fight you, Firefly.”

[/html]
She was disappointed in the coyote when she decided to stand down. Firefly had really been looking forward to seeing how far the bitch would go, how far she'd let herself be taken in the craze before she realized she'd gone too far. It seemed that senseability had claimed the ebony hybrid and that was a pity because Firefly would have liked to taste the metalic warm crimson liquer that flows from her veins. The girl couldn't have been stupid enough to forget that Firefly had been part of the attack on Inferni, that Anslem had caught her after taking the life of one of their own. She had blood on her hands and wasn't bothered by the fact at all. She chuckled at the words the girl said as she remarked. "You are a coward, always will be." the words taunting as she slowed her stalk to a mere swagger about the girl, knowing she was nothing, no worry, too good to draw first blood, too weak.

She lowered her eyes as she grinned, a kindof madness taking over as she cackled. "It's not that you don't want to.. it's the fact that you're afraid to.. " She knew that there was no fight left in the coyote and it was a pity, she would have loved to have see the child in a fit of fury. She sighed as she gazed at the girl with loathing in her eyes. She was so tired of nothing going her way, today was just another one of those.
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet said nothing more to the tawny wolf, even as she tried again to taunt her. No, the coyote was not going to be drawn into the rage, the madness. She felt it, deep inside of her, like a caged creature in her mind. It wanted out and it was attempting to control her by making her snap and roar. Rage, madness… Garnet felt the itch in her jaws to sink her pearly whites into Firefly’s flesh, and yet, something kept her back. Was it the doubt whether or not she could win? Maybe, but more importantly, she thought of Jazper. She knew it was a horribly sappy thing to be thinking about at a time like this, but what would the dark male say? How could he love her if she became exactly what all the other wolves despised, a killer, a murderer, a cold-blooded monster that waited in the dark to shed blood and gore on the field.

Garnet caught the look of loathing in Firefly’s eyes and knew that she had gotten to the female. The she-wolf was equal to an Inferni coyote; all she wanted to do was spill crimson life. A flicker of a smile crossed the dark lady’s face for a split second before she began to carefully back away from the other female. When she was far enough so the other couldn’t attack her the moment her back was turned, Garnet spat in the wolf’s general direction before turning tail and running back towards Jaz and the mansion. The coyote made sure that her tail was held high as she did so, a plain statement that she wasn’t running from Firefly in fear.

[/html]
Firefly cared nothing of what the woman before her thought, she just liked the game, the draw and to see how the creature would take the abuse. She was like a fire, slowly and steadily growing larger as the changes in the bitch before her fed her. She could see the muscles twitch in the other as her preditors gaze didn't leave the form that stood there unmoved. She was impressed that the coyote had such strength to hold back how she really felt but it was a pity just the same. She knew though that no matter how she pressed the lass this was as far as she was going to get. Sighing to herself as she rolled her eyes at the stoney frame before her she just grinned that slick smile, waiting to see how long it would take the girl to decide to flee or if she'd like to be taunted more.

Instead of fear she was given a slight smile in return and as quick as a flash the ebony lady began to back away from Firefly. She paused in her circling to just watched, it was apparent the route the girl had decided to take and the easy way out and run, it was a disappointment but atleast it meant they would probably meet again. The sudden show of the midnight lady's dislike for the wolf was enough to make Firefly laugh as she watched the creature fleeing. She didn't care what the coyote was trying to prove with her tail's high salute as she galloped away, she knew the bitch was a coward and the lady herself knew just the same. She shook her head and turned away, wandering towards Dahlia de Mai as she'd just lost her bit of entertainment for the evening.