nevermind the sunshine - p haven
Location: Haven Mansion. I figured that the pups live here and would be safe here? Hiiiii Erin! :]

Stockholm smiled in contentment, sitting in Optime form cross legged on the floor of the living room. She had had her misgivings about the large manse when she had first seen it, but now she found it positively delightful. From the outside it had seemed a bit too imposing, too grand for her to even set foot inside. But the welcoming scent of the pack clung to every corner, and so she had become comfortable inside. She rolled her shoulders, raising her arms over her head as she stretched and closed her lime green eyes while doing so.

She rubbed a piece of charcoal against her index finger and begin tracing lightly on the paper situated on the floor in front of her crossed legs. She had her tail wrapped around to one side, the bits of charcoal resting there. Her lime green eyes glanced around the room, looking at each corner carefully and with consideration before she returned her attention to her project. She traced another line across the paper, glancing once more around the room. The gray wolfess was trying to create a layout of the first floor of the mansion. And she felt as though she was doing a fairly decent job getting the dimensions right.

Smiling to see that her work was of decent quality, Stockholm paused once more and leaned her back against the wall and relaxed. She had only been in Crimson Dreams for a few days, but already she was becoming comfortable within the packlands. She no longer felt like an awkward stranger, and she gained confidence with each hour, secure in the knowledge that she belonged. It was a strange, sweet feeling. Her eyes opened slowly as she realized what her layout was missing. Rubbing a bit more charcoal on her finger, she traced at the top of the page: H-A-V-E-N.

"Haven," she repeated thoughtfully.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ablev2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
They actually live in a den outside the mansion, but this works, cause Haven thinks the mansion is awesome. Hiiiiii :3

As usual, the Aatte boy had risen early. He was becoming quite the early bird it seemed. The way he figured it though, was the earlier he got up, the more time he had to explore. Today he had come back to the mansion. He found the giant building fascinating, even if it was somewhat annoying how long it took him to get inside of it. When he had first gotten inside, no one was around, so he had sniffed around and found the kitchen. There was the smell of food coming from inside and with all his strength he opened the door. But when he looked around there was no food! It didn't make any sense. He could smell the food, but he couldn't see it. Bi-colored ears folded back against his head in disappointment. He had been hungry too. His tummy growled in response to this thought. The pup snorted, angry now that after all the effort to get inside he'd have to go find one of his mom's for food.

As Haven began to push against the door to get through it again, he heard a voice on the other side say his name. Ears perked up and he doubled his efforts to escape the kitchen. Finally when he squeezed through the door he jade gaze caught the owner of the voice. But it was someone he'd never seen before. How in the world did she know his name? Or know he was here? This was a little strange. "Hows you kno mah name?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side.

[/html]
Oh. Thanks for the 411! Please excuse this poor excuse of a post once more. :/

Stockholm looked up from her work. Her ears perked forward as she tried to locate the source of the small voice. At first she thought that it might have been Brooklyn wandering around the mansion, but she did not smell her. Her eyes settled on the young boy near the kitchen door. She realized that this most be another of Naniko's children, although he looked nothing like his sister. But his deep jade eyes let her know right away that this was definitely Naniko's progeny. She'd be able to tell that striking color anywhere.

"Hi there. I'm sorry, I don't know your name," Stockholm said, sitting forward and smiling at the pup. She noticed how curiously he was regarding her. She thought over the last few minutes and realized that she had said the name of the mansion allowed just as he had arrived. "Are you Haven? My name's Geneva Stockholm. I think I know your mom and sister," she said with a smile. She decided to stay where she was, lest she scare the pup away. Although he didn't look very timid. In fact, his curiosity in the face of a stranger was rather bold. Nevertheless she decided not to invade his space.

"What were you doing in the kitchen? Were you looking for food?" Stockholm asked, wanting to continue the conversation with the young brightly colored pup. She was very excited to get acquainted with other members of the pack. She set her sketches to one side.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ablev2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Is not a poor excuse!

The woman turned around and looked at him. She had a kind face, he decided. But she said she didn't know his name. But she had just said it! He had heard her! He was about to voice this when she asked if he was who he was. His tail wagged and a grin lit up his tiny muzzle. "I is Haven! Is nice to meets you Ge-geneevaa St-stockhome." Her name was a bit difficult for him to pronounce, but he thought he'd done a pretty good job. He was also proud for remembering his manners. Wouldn't his mothers be proud! "An' which ones? I has two mommas an two sisers!" He stated, puffing out his chest a bit, like this fact was something to be rather proud of.

His one white ear twitched at her next question. "Yahs. I smelled some foods in der, but I didn' see nofin'." Jade eyes caught sight of Stockholm moving something to her side. Suddenly he was much more interested in what she had than the prospect of food. His short legs carried him closer to her, peering curiously at the paper with the black marks all over it. Haven looked back up at the tall woman. "Whas dat?" The pup was almost always asking questions, but how else was he supposed to learn!

[/html]
Haven is adorable!

The gray femme listened intently as the young wolf spoke. Although he mispronounced some words, he was startlingly well spoken for a youth. And he certainly wasn't afraid to talk to her and ask her questions. Stockholm found this endearing and intriguing. When she had been a pup his age, she'd been just as curious but twice as close-mouthed. The openness with which Haven had been raised was strikingly different from Stockholm's childhood. She didn't think it was a bad thing either. She wanted to talk more to Naniko now, perhaps if she get to know the while wolf she'd get insight to her wonderful brood.

"You can call me Genny if you want, if it's easier," she told Haven, then grinned and lowered her voice to a loud whisper. "But don't tell anyone else in Crimson Dreams that. I haven't been called Gennie since I was younger than you!" she winked at him.

He had two mothers? The wolfess wondered if he knew who his father was, but didn't bother to ask. There had to be a reason why he didn't mention him. "I met Naniko and Brooklyn my first day here. I also met Savina." Maybe Savina was Naniko's mate? But no...that didn't quite make the proper connection in her mind. There must be some other female in the pack to home the Commander was mated.

Stockholm pushed her sketchings forward when Haven inquired about what they were. "I'm trying to make a layout, or a map, of this mansion," she said and pushed it forward for him to examine. "I was writing the word 'Haven' at the top when you came in."
[html]
I know, I loves my silly little boy *cuddles him* And for some reason I totally am hearing Forest Gump saying "Jenny" whenever I have Haven say it XD

Haven's mouth opened in a wide smile and his tail wagged furiously as the older wolf confided her secret name with him. How cool! He now knew something that no one else in the whole wide pack knew! "Okies Gennie! Your secwets safe wif me!" He tried to wink back at her, but just ended up blinking both his eyes. How did she do that! The boy made a note to practice such a skill. He wondered if Brooklyn knew how to do that. He hoped not, he would love to show her up on something for once.

"I sees. I loves momma Nani, but she's alllllways havin' to watch Bwooklyn. Bwooklyn's such a showoffs and she always picks on our sis Mati. She cans be soooo mean! Ans Mati is so nice!" Out of the four pups, he and Mati were the closest. He didn't really have anything against Brooklyn, he just wished she'd leave Mati alone. It made him mad when she was being so mean to her. He tried to do his best to protect her when he could. He perked up at the mention of Savina though. "Savvy's gweat! She pways games wif us!" Haven loved games. And Savina always had fun games for the pups to play.

Now, as of yet, no one had mentioned that the Aatte boy and the mansion that laid in the pack territory shared the same name. So he was still a little confused as to why his name was on her drawings of the house. He studied her drawings hard, looking around the room and looking back at the paper. He didn't really know what a map was, but he could see the similarities in her sketch and the real thing. "You dwaws good Gennie. But whas a map for? An' whys you write mah name at da top?"

[/html]
Oh man now I want to watch that movie! ;]

Geneva had to stop a smile when Haven described Brooklyn. It made sense that there would be sibling rivalry. It also made sense that Brooklyn would be a little queen bee. She surely had a dominant personality. But Geneva was quite sure that her personality would even out with age. She thought back to her childhood, remembering her sister Alethia, and how dominant she had been over her other siblings. Although Haven didn't seem too put out with his sister, just a bit annoyed. The gray femme was delighted at how open and sincere the young boy was - it was a mark of good character.

"I'm sure that Mati is a lovely girl," Geneva said. She smiled once more when Haven mentioned the raven woman. She had shown Stockholm a great amount of kindness her first few days with the pack. She had begun to number her among her list of friends, which was pretty short right now actually. She did not know many wolves at the moment. Since Savina had shown her to the mansion, she had spent the brunt of her time recovering and resting. She had seen Naniko and Savina in the distance a few times when she had gone on short walks along the outside of the mansion though.

Geneva blinked once. Apparently Haven didn't know that he and the mansion shared the same name. "A map is supposed to help guide you around a place," she said. "And right now we are in the Haven Mansion. It shares a name with you," she said. "You must be very important to be named after such an interesting place, Haven."
[html]
Me too XD

He nodded his head as Geneva responded about Mati. "Mati an I ares the closest. I stand up for hers when Bwooklyn's bein' a meanie." Haven's nature of being a kind and loving soul was already becoming evident. He didn't like to see anyone get picked on, especially Mati. Unfortunately his chocolate sister seemed to get the brunt of most of the teasing and taunting that went on between all the siblings. It didn't make much sense to him, considering in his opinion she was the nicest of all of them. She was fairly meek though, maybe that was why. Well, he would make up for her meekness. He had already decided he would always do his best to be there for her as much as he possibly could.

Jade eyes looked back at the drawing as Stockholm explained to him what a map was. "Oh, I sees. Kind of likes your what your nose does, but wif your eyes?" The pup wasn't sure if he had vocalized what he had meant very well. He knew that his mothers could find their way around using their noses. Maybe like the smells created a kind of map in their minds? He wasn't certain, but at least he grasped the concept of what a map was. So he and this giant house had the same name? That was pretty cool! "Yahs! Does that means the mansion belongs to me?" That made perfect sense in his head. If they had the same name, it seemed somewhat logical that it was his.

[/html]
Today's one of those days where I have to force every single word to come out of my brain. The worst part is that it isn't so much that I have writer's block. I'm just so happy I can't keep two thoughts in my head at once! So I have no idea where this posting is going. Ramble warning Big Grin

It seemed to Geneva that the young pup seemed to have a great sense of justice and fairness. He seemed to be the kind of pup that would grow into a wolf with a strict moral code, like a knight from a bygone era. Geneva decided to like the young pup instantly. It was odd to develop fondness so quickly. Usually she was the kind of wolf to approach each situation with caution, analyzing every angle before she made any sort of opinion. She knew that things were hardly ever what they seemed on the surface. But with puppies, it seemed as though their every emotion played across their faces. Or at least she hoped that was true. She just couldn't conceive of Haven hiding anything yet. He seemed far too innocent, as if the thought would never cross his mind.

She felt as though she had exposed some small part of herself to him. No one had called her Gennie since...but she shook the thought from her mind. True, the name had once been embarrassing to her, but also endearing when a voice from the past whispered it in her ear. It was time to hear it again. It was time to let go of the past and strike forward toward the future, however uncertain it might be. Geneva had learned that the only thing she could ever been certain of was herself.

"That is a lot like how a map works!" Geneva said, very impressed by Haven's grasp on analogy. "I don't have a very good nose," she said. "I could never smell things very well unless they were close to me. I had to learn other ways to find things and learn about them. That's when I learned to draw and use maps." The gray femme smiled and shook her head. "Yes, the mansion does belong to you. But it also belongs to everyone else too. It is like a big part of our home," she said. "I was named after the city where my father came from. He named me Geneva because he loved the city, just as your mother must have named you after this mansion, because she loves it and you so much," she tried to explain.
[html]

The small boy grinned up at Geneva again, glad that he had been able to vocalize his thoughts properly. And not only that, but he had been right! As far as he concerned this was turning out to be a very good day for him, and it wasn't even over yet! He listened carefully as she explained why she used maps and had learned to draw them in the first place. His head nodded at her, understanding not being able to use his nose as most adult wolves. "I can't use mah nose yet eithers. I hope I cans when I grows up. But if not maybe yous can teach me how to dwaws maps too, Gennie!" It sounded like a good plan to him. Though admittedly, he desperately hoped that he wouldn't have the same problems as she did with his nose. He wanted to be as good at tracking as his moms were.

Haven's head cocked to the side as she explained why he and the mansion had the same name, and how it did belong to him, but the rest of the pack as well. He was thankful that she gave the example of her name. Examples, he had found, were the best ways for him to learn and understand new things. "Dat makes sense." He didn't mind sharing, and he guessed the older wolves had had the mansion longer than him, so it was nice of them to share it. A city? He had heard the word before, but wasn't entirely sure what it was. "Wat's a city? I tink mah mom said dat Bwooklyn was named after one too." Then something else she had said struck him. What was a father? He had two mothers, but no idea what a father was. "Gennie, wat's a father?" He searched her face with his big, inquisitive eyes.

[/html]
"I would be happy to show you have to use a map either way," the Optime said, leaning forward and resting her forearms on her knees. "But I don't think you'll have to worry about your nose. I'm sure you'll be very good at using it." In truth, there had been an accident when she had been born. As the runt, she had been born last, and still it had been a few weeks early. Geneva had been unable to breathe when she had first entered this world. Her father had had to beat life into her within her first few seconds after her birth. Her father had always attributed her lack of smell to that incident, as her other siblings had grown up hale and healthy with all their senses intact.

"Well, a city is a very large place," the gray femme began, trying to think of the best way to phrase her answer for the young pup. It wasn't that she thought she needed to dumb down her answers for Haven; on the contrary, the Aatte boy was very intelligent especially for a wolf his age. Geneva just wanted to be sure that she wouldn't confuse him. "A city is made of a lot of buildings. Some bigger than this mansion! Much taller, and made of glass," she said. "A city usually doesn't have very many trees or flowers. It is mostly concrete - a hard, dark substance like stone." Geneva hoped that this explanation made sense to the pup. She wandered if she should mention that cities were usually inhabited by many creatures - but she wasn't sure if there was even a city around here. "Does that make sense?"

Her tail wagged slightly as she interacted with the inquisitive child. Her heart was full to bursting, as she wondered if her children would have been just as bright-eyed and full of wonder. A sliver of pain eclipsed her happiness, but it was so small compared to the contentment she knew right now. She was proud to be part of a pack filled with such wonderful, kind, loving creatures. This was the home that her heart had longed for since Jordan had died. In fact, Haven reminded Geneva very much of Jordan in his youth. Especially when he asked the question about fathers. She saw her face reflected in his bright blue eyes as she chose her answer carefully. "You know how your moms are your parents?" she figured this might be a delicate subject, sometime in the future. "A father is almost the same as a mother, they love you very much and take care of you. The difference is that a father is male and a mother is female. I didn't have a mother, or mothers," she said, adding the plural to include his situation. "I had only one father instead. There are many different ways to make up a family, you know. You know how you have two sisters? I have three! she hoped he'd understand.
[html]

The boy was relieved to hear that she didn't think that he would have a problem using his nose. He didn't really let it show though. He didn't want her to feel bad about not being able to really use her's. Sometimes it was hard for him to remember all his manners, but he tried his best to remember the really important ones. But soon the subject moved on to that of cities and he wasn't worried about risking hurting her feelings anymore. As Stockholm described what they looked like, he did his best to try and picture it in his mind. These city things sounded almost magical to Haven. Buildings larger than the mansion? Some made of glass? Though admittedly the lack of trees, grass, and flowers were a bit of a turn off. "Yah, dat makes sense! I'd like to see one sometimes! Tho do wolves live theres? I wouldn', wif no trees or gwass. Visitn' would be oks tho." He couldn't imagine living in a place with no plants around.

As Geneva asked if he knew how his mothers were his parents he nodded his head eagerly. So a father was like a mother, but it was a guy instead of a girl? That made sense. "So, if I had someone to look after, I'd bes a father?" It was a little early for him to have known where puppies come from, so "someone to look after" was the best way he could think to describe it. He felt a little sad, that she hadn't had a mother, and he gently nudged her leg with his nose in a comforting gesture. So there were many different ways to have a family? That was interesting. "Three sisers! Did you have any bwothers? I has one bwother!"

Suddenly a loud grumble came from his belly, and he remembered how hungry he was. Jade eyes looked up to Geneva. "Gennies, do you have any foods? Ors do you knows where some is?" Maybe she could find him some food instead of him having to go all the way back to the den. The boy wanted to keep talking with his new friend.

[/html]
[html]
"I think you'll find as you grow older that anywhere can be home, as long as you have creatures you love there or if you love the place well enough," Geneva said, hoping that she answered his question well enough. She did not want to give him any misinformation. She was certain some wolves and other creatures lived in cities, she had actually met a few who did. But she wasn't certain about the creatures who lived in Bleeding Souls. "I don't think I'd like to live in a city either. I like it here much better, too," she said, smiling.

Geneva held her breath as she watched Haven turn the concept of a father about in his head. She hoped he would draw the right conclusions so that she wouldn't have to find a better way to explain. But once again, the pup proved to be a very bright child. Geneva nodded both her assent and approval of his definition. He seemed to be quite emotionally mature for a puppy.

She smiled at him and stroked his head when he expressed his sympathy wordlessly. "My father was such a good parent that I didn't feel like I was missing anything," she said. She thought back to her childhood, a brief but pleasant period in her life. Geneva had had to mature quickly, but she never considered that a loss. "I didn't have any brothers. My three sisters are Alethia, Morgana, and Ariana. They were all quite a bit bigger than me, but my sister Ari kept me company and was my best friend. I think very much like you and Mati."

She internally kicked herself as she heard his stomach rumble audibly. Hadn't he been in the kitchen, looking for food in the first place? "Of course, Haven, I'd be more than happy to share with you." She stood from her sitting position, stretching her back and arms in the air as she stood on two legs. She had been sitting for a while. The stone hued femme walked over to the kitchen, pulling the heavy door wide so Haven wouldn't have to struggle with opening it. She opened a cabinet and pulled out what she had hunted up this morning - two field mice and a medium sized rabbit. Small as she was and still a bit weak, it was hard for her to pull down game any larger than this. But she smiled and pulled out a plate, settling it on the ground with the food. "Maybe we can go hunting for mice after this," she said.

[/html]
[html]

He couldn't imagine why any creature would want to live in a place with no grass or trees, but if some did then they could have it he guessed. He smiled broadly up at Geneva, tiny tail wagging. "Yay! I likes it here toos. Mah momma has a good packs, doesn't she?" Being the son of the Commander of the pack had already instilled a great deal of pride in the boy. He really couldn't imagine ever wanting to live anywhere else, at this point in his life anyway.

Haven had been right about the father thing too! He was learning so many new things today, it was exciting! As the female patted his head, his tail thudded against the wooden floorboards. He was glad that she wasn't sad about not having a mom. It was good that her father had been a good parent. It was obvious to him that he had been, seeing how nice Stockholm was. All the names of her sisters were very pretty, but he didn't even try to pronounce them. Her name had been hard enough, and it seemed to be the easiest of the four! "Where is your siser Ari?" It didn't occur to him that that question might hold a sad answer for his friend.

A happy yip escaped the pup's mouth as Geneva offered to share her food with him. He was very hungry. As she got up and held the door for him, he was thankful. That big old thing was heavy, and it was quite the struggle for him to get in and out of it without help. He wiggled as she set the mice on a plate and set it down before him. "Tank yous Gennie!" It was so nice of her to share her food with him. He began eating hungrily at the meal. "Yah! Dat'd be funs! Though I not very good at huntings yet."

[/html]
[html]
I'm thinking maybe we should wrap this up in the next couple of posts and start a different thread in the near future with their hunt. Maybe they could include Mati and Brooklyn too! Could make for an interesting dynamic and some sibling competition.

Geneva smiled as she watched the pumpkin colored pup dive into his meal with gusto. It wasn't surprising that the youngster would have a formidble appetite. Despite his small size, she knew that he'd be shooting up like a weed in no time. She was also glad that he had such an appetite. It meant that he was healthy and that everything was going right and that he'd grow to be strong. The wolfess took a few bites from the small game, but she hadn't been very hungry in the last few days and she had already eaten her meal for the day. She pushed the mouse toward his side of the plate before giving his a pet behind the ears. "You're welcome, pumpkin. You go ahead and finish that up. I already ate today. Plus you need to eat more to do all that playing and exploring and growing that's ahead of you."

While the pup ate she answered a few of his questions. "Your mother has pieced together an excellent pack. I like it here very much. It already feels like home to me," Geneva answered honestly, reflecting on her last few days here. The warmth she felt within the mansion was no longer due to the shelter it provided, but also to the creatures she had met along the way. She felt as though for the first time in a long time, she was on the right track. Like she was on a path that would lead her to the right places, that would keep her heart anchored instead of lost.

The stone hued femme smiled at the mention of her beloved littermate. She drew on a memory that did not bring her sadness, although a bit of longing filled her. She truly missed her sister, her best friend. "Well, Ari's whereabouts are a bit of a story, and some of it is a bit of a mystery to me. But when we were young, she was always very adventurous. She loved to explore. Sometimes she'd leave for days at a time, but she'd always come back and bring me little bits from her adventures, like flowers I had never seen before," she smiled fondly at the memory. "I never liked to leave home. I got sick very easily and I couldn't go very far, and when I was older and better able I was so set in my ways that I never ventured far. Ari never stopped exploring, but she always came back. When we were older, she met a wolf named Vidanric and fell in love. They became mates shortly after and went abroad to many different lands. One day she stopped visiting. She must be on the adventure of her life right now."
[/html]
[html]
That sounds like a great idea! And I really like the idea of having the other pups too! Yes! Big Grin

Wow, she was giving him almost all of the food! That was fine by him, he was practically starving! It seemed like every few hours after he'd eaten something he was hungry again! He knew that the adults didn't eat that much. It must have something to do with being a puppy, he decided, knowing that his siblings were the same way. "Tanks again Gennie!" The boy said, mouth full. It only then struck him that he had been taught not to speak with his mouth full. He swallowed the delicious mouse, his tummy gurgling contentedly. "Mah momma Anu calls me a pumkin head!" He found it funny that his new friend was using a similar nick name for him.

Haven listened carefully as Geneva explained where her sister was. This Ari sounded like a lot of fun! She liked to adventure like he did! The story made him a little sad though. He tried to think what it would be like if he or Mati went away and they didn't see each other. He wouldn't like that at all! His ears and tail drooped a little. "You misses her, don' you?" The pup knew he would if he were her. "Maybe she'll come back an' finds you agains." He sincerely hoped that Ari would, for Geneva's sake.

[/html]
[html]

"Thank you for keeping me company today, Haven," the wolfess said sincerely. She was having a wonderful time with the young pup, a happiness stirring in her chest she hadn't expected to feel. She thought she would never know joy again. But as contentment whispered through her heart, she knew that she'd find it again, here in the pack lands of Crimson Dreams. It was impossible not to feel some spark of positivity when the future looked so bright. "I really enjoy talking to you."

She picked up the dish once he had finished and put it in the sink. The kitchen had been very clean when they had come in and Geneva intended to leave it the same way she found it. Although she hadn't been there very long, Haven Mansion was becoming very much like home to her. And the wolfess took great pride in her home.

"Ari is like sunshine to me," Geneva said, sitting down next to the pup and giving him a fond nuzzle. "Even though I love to feel it all around me, I know that I can't keep it all the time. Even though I miss her, I know that her mate, and probably her children, need her love just as much as I used to. And just like sunshine, I know that eventually, in good time, she'll return to me as sure as the sun rises." She hoped that Haven would understand her answer. "I miss her, but I know that somewhere off in the world, she's making others very happy. And that's enough for me."
[/html]
[html]
End after your next post? And sorry for the craptastic reply

A warm little feeling settled into the chest of the small pup. He could tell that Geneva really was enjoying his company as much as he was enjoying hers. It made him feel good that he had made her feel good. "I enjoys talkin' to yous too Gennie! Yous really nice n' smart." He knew that the two of them would have a lasting friendship. The boy really hoped that she would stick around in Crimson Dreams, but he really didn't think that she would leave. She seemed to really like it here.

Haven giggled as she nuzzled him. He didn't really ever admit it out loud, but he loved to cuddle. If he wasn't snuggled up to one of his mothers at night, he was laying together with Mati. He liked the feeling of having someone right there by his side. The way that Stockholm described her sister was really nice. The analogy was very nice, and very easy for even him to understand. "Thas a good ways to look at it. I likes it." He stated, returning her nuzzle. With a full belly, sleepiness was starting to settle over the pup. His mouth opened in a wide yawn and he blinked slowly. "Hmmm, maybes I should gos home. I's sleepys."

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Crappyville. Population: me and this post! Big Grin This seems like a good place to end it.

If Geneva smiled anymore today, her face would split open from the force. Her jaw felt exhausted, but she couldn't help the simple happiness that being in Haven's presence brought her. He was very peaceful, creating a serene atmosphere. She had never met anyone quite like him. She wondered which of his mothers he had inherited this personality trait from.

She nuzzled behind his ear one more time then gave him a little push. "You look tired, Haven. It's probably a good idea to get home for you." His mothers were probably worried. But the pup was quite intelligent. With a wry grin she realized that the good ones usually caused most of the trouble. If not in his childhood, perhaps in his adult years Haven would be a handful of sorts. She couldn't wait to watch him grow up and to help him grow. She marveled that she had this opportunity as she opened the kitchen door for him and as he made his way home.
[/html]