crisp walks
[html]

Snow fell lightly towards the ground and a light breeze led the way as Alarice made her way toward the Yawrah River Territory, travelling in a south-western direction from her packlands with a small shawl wrapped around her cinnamon, and peppered brown shoulders. It was mid-day and the Kali female decided to take a walk along the river that ran through the territory, a light, friendly smile upon on her face as her blue and emerald green eye scanned their surroundings, paws crunching against the freshly fallen snow in her biped form.

Alarice found it was always nice to get away from her sister, nephews and nieces once and while, finding the rowdy atmosphere of their home some times overwhelming. The fresh, crisp air did the female some good, and of course she always had the chance of exploring new territories, and maybe even meeting new people. Pausing Alarice looked over the partially frozen river, enjoying the calm of the afternoon.

[/html]
[html]

Frost hung delicately to the tip of every plant; muddy banks were frozen solid, and streams were hard to the touch and harsh on the throat. A distant, pale moon hung in the afternoon sky, staring down the sun that sat meekly amongst its nestled wintry clouds. Despite the brutality of the weather, there was still something incredibly peaceful about it; it was soft and unobtrusive. Tamerlane was one of the many walkers today, gazing up at the sky as he walked along the riverside. One pierced ear twitched briefly at the scent of a stranger, and he looked down to see a young female up ahead, whose beautifully rich fur bristled in the breeze, but whose delicate features nevertheless spoke of contrastingly warm serenity. Tamerlane blinked down at her in affable acknowledgement as he followed the edge of the river.

[/html]
[html]

Alarice was surprised by the sight of another, and let a blue and green eye wander over to him with a curious, barely noticeable tip of her head to the side, a smile spreading her lips and warming her delicate features. Noticing him look in her direction she decided to offer him a greeting. Hello, she said softly as he made his way by, giving him the option to stop and talk if he wanted to. With that she pulled her shawl closer over her shoulders, kind and welcoming smile never faltering as she waited for him to either pass or strike up a conversation.

[/html]
[html]

A voice soft to the point of being melodious hovered through the air, and Tamerlane’s rangy pace slowed to acknowledge it. Good afternoon, came his own soft voice in affable return. He had clearly been walking with the intention of simply passing by, but the way in which the young female looked at him rather than just speaking her greeting and glancing back towards the river, suggested that she either had something specific to say, or was just looking for company. Can I help you?

[/html]
[html]

Her smile widened as he slowed to acknowledge her, offering a light dip of her head in response to his own greeting. Turning to better face him she took a moment to look over his form, from his tattered jeans to his detailed, jet-black markings that made their way from his face down to his arm, and chest, and perhaps even further if she had cared to look longer for her attention went back to his handsome face, and intriguing gray-black eyes, as he spoke once more. No, she replied with an amused, yet undeniably grateful due to his interest by stopping to ask such things, edge to her voice. I just thought it would be nice to better acquaint myself with others, seeing as I have only met a few during my time here, in Bleeding Souls. She explained, offering her hand as she spoke once more. My name is Alarice, she introduced, giving a pause in hopes that the cream colored stranger would reveal his own name.

[/html]
[html]
So she was simply an outgoing creature looking for company. It was a very charming disposition, of course, but not one that was normally expected. No matter how confident someone was, it was rare that they would approach a stranger (a somewhat intimidating-looking fellow at that) and introduce herself to him in the hope of conversation. Nevertheless, the stranger did so, introducing herself as Alarice. Tamerlane, he introduced himself in turn and took her hand in a firm handshake, made softer and gentler by the fact that her little fingers were dwarfed in his own long, powerful hand. Alarice, he repeated, is quite a beautiful name. It means majestic, does it not? Noble.
[/html]
[html]

Alarice was not a shy creature in the least, and although many males - especially this fellow - could look and seem intimidating it seemed that Alarice could very easily tell if they could be friendly and sociable if approached. She made this assumption for this male due to his affable acknowledgment Alarice decided to take the chance to get to know him, even if he might have seemed tall and imposing, with dark eyes and bold black markings. Alarice seemed to beam up at Tamerlane now as he introduced himself and accepted her hand, noting how small and insignificant her hands were compared to his, but paying it no mind for his gentle shake was comforting. If you say so, Alarice replied, having dropped her hand back down to her side, taking the compliment without the slightest hint of embarrassment. I've never really thought to about ask about the meaning before. She finished, running the fingers of her left hand down her opposite arm. What of your name? Tamerlane. I would flatter you myself if I knew the meaning. She said back easily in conversation, her beaming grin turning into a small and playful, lop-sided smile. Already she was beginning to like this tall and mysterious stranger.

[/html]
[html]
Tamerlane usually associated majesty with power, a high chin and faraway gazes, and Alarice didn't exactly fit into that. She was, however, very attractive in her own way; slight and feminine, smiling and youthful. His dark eyes hovered over her shoulder to the river as he mused over her returned question, a becoming hint of amusement sparkling in his gaze at her playful words. The name 'Tamerlane' has Persian origins, but I'm not concerned unduly with its linguistic meaning. It's more a moniker than anything else -- I don't use a first name, or a last name. Tamerlane is just what I'm called, he said with a sense of finality, as if suggesting that Alarice would not learn more if she were to ask for it.
[/html]
[html]

I find it suits you well, she said, noting the sense of finality in his words and not bothering to press further for it seemed now her interest had wandered to the intricate, bold designs upon his body had caught her two toned eyes. And what of those? She asked, motioning toward where his marking generally were. Do they hold any meaning or are they to add to the mystery you seem to radiate? She asked, a playfulness to her voice as she spoke, deciding to continue with her questions until Tamerlane had some of his own, or until one of them grew tired of their banter and changed the subject or parted ways.

[/html]
[html]
The seemingly curious or intrigued (or perhaps both) young female proceeded to question him harmlessly, asking of his past by looking at the present. Tamerlane didn't need to follow her eyes to the dark swirls and patterns that wound from his arm to his chest and waist; they had been asked about plenty of times before, and he gave near enough the same answer. They have more than enough stories connected to them, he replied. But I'm no storyteller, he added darkly. Tamerlane paused, his calm eyes on Alarice's own delicately playful gaze. Though I think a wolf who doesn't speak of himself is more boring than he is mysterious.
[/html]
[html]

She listened to him speak with a tilt to her head, discovering now that she probably wouldn't get much about who he was if she continued to ask him. I haven't gotten bored, she said with a shrug, yet. She continued, face more serious then it had been before, but still holding a devious little edge to it as she couldn't exactly completely keep her playful nature at bay. You've probably grown bored of all of my questions though, she continued with a raised brow, falling silent for she couldn't help but look back at the dark patterns that seemed to accentuate his sharp and trimmed form, openly staring at every inch of him from his rope belt and up until her two toned eyes finally landed back on his face. With a quick and fleeting smile she decided she didn't really care one way or the other if he had grown bored of her question, and decidedly asked another. Maybe you wouldn't mind telling me what pack you are from? If you are in one that is.

[/html]
[html]
It was difficult to see the amusement in eyes as dark as his, but the truth was that Tamerlane was faintly charmed by Alarice's playfulness, and doubtlessly had no difficultly whatsoever in handling it. As if responding that he wasn't bored, he leant against the nearest tree and folded his arms loosely and comfortably. As the female's bi-coloured eyes followed the streamlined musculature of his long body, he simply watched her eyes nonchalantly rather than eyeing her own sweet, voluptuous curvature. Maybe you wouldn't mind telling me what pack you are from? If you are in one that is. Storm, he replied bluntly, his own playfulness coming in the form of continuing to play the "question-answer" game. You?
[/html]
[html]

Her never ending smile widened as he leaned against a nearby tree. Alarice remained where she was, comfortable standing for now, a light breeze playing with her cooper fur, and the ends of her shawl. Jaded Shadows, she replied, glad to have finally gotten a question out of Tamerlane. I haven't been there too long though, she unnecessarily explained. My sister is one of the alphas, Fatin. She mentioned to see if he had maybe heard of her before or not.

[/html]
[html]
What was gradually turning into a darkly flirtatious game stopped when Alarice returned to seriousness. Not the biggest fan of small talk, Tamerlane's grey-black eyes wandered, for a moment, to watch a leaf being carried by the breeze. Oh yes, I've met her, he replied at word of Fatin.
[/html]
[html]

It seems many have, Alarice said in way of keeping their conversation alive. Her own eyes wandered to watch the same leaf as it played lightly in the breeze before her gaze returned back to the bold markings that accented his frame. Do you know anything of tattooing? She asked, curious. I have some small knowledge, but I have yet to put such knowledge to use. She explained, boldly contrasting eyes looking up into Tamerlane's own.

[/html]
[html]
All light-hearted, expert flirtation seemed to go out the window as Alarice provoked conventional small-talk instead. Tamerlane was gradually becoming less interested in continuing the conversation, but being a gentle soul he remained courteous. He answered her question with one of his own: what provoked your interest in learning how to tattoo?
[/html]
[html]

Alarice didn't seem to mind that their conversation had turned from flirtatious to its current toned down state. With barely a blink in between Alarice answered Tamerlane's question with a smile. I've been drawing since I was young and stumbled across someone with the knowledge during my travels. I've been fascinated with it ever since, and i'm slowly learning the skills on my own. She answered, looking at his markings up and down as she spoke. Her smile turned amused as the thought of drawing Tamerlane crossed her mind, but she did not offer to do so, yet. Drawing is one of my passions. She explained, looking up at Tamerlane. Maybe I could teach you thing or two with a pencil or brush in the future. That is if you haven't gotten tired of me yet. The last was said with a flashy grin, and spark in her eye.

[/html]
[html]
Alarice had answered his question well enough, but "I've been fascinated with it ever since" wasn't really the reason; he wanted to know why she found it fascinating. That is if you haven't gotten tired of me yet, seemed to be said as an attempt to pull the conversation back up from its leap into faintly tedious territory, but feigned humbleness didn't provoke much of a response from Tamerlane. Maybe I could teach you thing or two with a pencil or brush in the future. What makes you think I need teaching? he said with an arched brow and a hint of an amused smile.
[/html]