something like grace - p ehno

Lime-green eyes scanned the worn pages of a tome that the shewolf had found in the shelves of an upstairs room. She had once again settled into the warm comfort of the large manse's living room. She sat cross legged on the floor, leaning against the western wall in her Optime form. The wolfess had become something of a homebody in the last few days, sticking to Haven Mansion and areas that were only a few minutes walking distance away. Although a few days of rest had gone a long way in improving her condition, the femme still tired very easily and she did not want to over exert herself. She spent her days doing what she was now, sitting in the quiet and peace of the living room, absorbing every bit of knowledge from any book she could find and occasionally scrawling something or another down on her collection of parchment.

Her skin had become elastic again, and she was able to move much more freely. Her stomach was no longer stretched, distended with her terminated pregnancy. She now looked much more herself, much healthier. Her coat was not as dull, and now shone with the beginnings of health. It had begun to grow thick in places as the weather cooled. Geneva was a small wolfess - almost delicate. Her arms and legs were thin, her ribcage streamlined. Even full grown, she was barely bigger than a yearling. She had been the runt of the litter, and had always gotten sick easier and healed the slowest. And although her body was not very strong, her mind was a force to be reckoned with.

She rose from her position on the floor and stretched her stiff limbs. Although the air was cool and she easily became cold, she decided that a small walk in the fresh air might help to clear her mind and aid in her healing. She walked slowly to the front porch and leaned against the railing, the wind whispering softly along the fur on her face. She closed her eyes for a moment and enjoyed the coolness of the breeze.
[html]
Hiii. <3

Ehno had returned from another trip out east earlier in the day. He found that every so often, it was good for him to get out and do a little exploration. It seemed that his curiosity was unending, and these little trips helped feed it. Despite being in ‘Souls for a number of months now, Ehno was only now getting to know its land, its people, and its culture. It was all vastly different from the lands in Europe he remembered travelling, and it was all too easy for him to get lost in his thoughts there.

But unlike when Ehno traversed Western Europe, each time he embarked on a small journey here he would eventually be pulled back to Crimson Dreams as if some invisible force was calling him back. Such was the case this day, and as he returned he convinced himself to do a quick scouting of the borders to be sure everything was still safe in his absence. Content to find nothing out of the ordinary and feeling a little weary from his travels, the Italian boy finally headed back to the mansion.

As the manor rose into view he noticed another Luperci out on the porch, and he searched his memories for a name or a face for the figure, but nothing came. When he came closer, the other’s scent confirmed that she was unfamiliar to him, but the scent of the pack and the manor mixed slightly with hers. Perhaps she had joined the ranks of Crimson Dreams while he was away? Reaching the front steps of the porch, Ehno let his small travel bag slip from his shoulder and rest on the step before him. “Hello there, miss,” he greeted with a smile. “New to the pack?”
[/html]
I don't know where my brain is, or where this post is going. Big Grin

Lime-green eyes opened quickly and Geneva straightened against the railing, turning her head to look upon the other wolf. He smiled disarmingly. She drew his scent into her lungs, leaning forward a bit. He smelled faintly of Crimson Dreams. And his scent somewhat resembled Savina's. The gray femme returned his smile slowly, although she did not move from her position on the porch. "Quite new," she said. The wind whispered across the porch, making the boards squeak and creak.

She took a moment to look at him, his light colored eyes and gray coat. For some reason, his smile was disarming and she felt comfortable in his presence. Nothing about his stance seemed threatening, in fact he seemed as open and friendly as anyone she had met in her last week. And she saw a bit of Savina in his smile. "My name is Geneva. What's yours?" It was strange for her to offer her given name upon first making anyone's acquaintance, but the dark gray wolfess felt comfortable. Plus, this wolf made her curious. Looking at him, she felt as though she'd found her polar opposite. She felt a sense of adventure swirling about him, a wonder for the unknown.

She looked down at his traveling back. "Did you travel far?"
[html]
It’s all good. My post turned out much the same. XD

He was glad to see the stranger return his smile, and shortly after confirm his suspicions. It was wonderful to see new faces around the pack lands, new members of their collective family. During the short period of silence, he too took the time to examine her momentarily, taking in her small frame and bright green eyes. She seemed relatively comfortable here at the mansion already, relaxing out on the porch as he had often done. And then introductions were upon them. “Mine’s Ehno. It’s nice to meet you, Geneva.” His smile widened a little bit, and he was glad to now have a name to go with her face.

He followed her gaze down to his pack shortly before glancing back out to the horizon as he contemplated her question. “Oh, a little bit. I stopped by the old human city out east a few days ago, just looking around.” He took a seat next to his bag on the front step of the porch and sighed contentedly. “It’s good to be back home, though.” He looked up at her with amber eyes, offering his own question. “How do you like the pack so far?” He didn’t know how long she might have been here, but he was curious to see what she thought of it all.
[/html]
Ehno.

She liked the sound of his name. She mutedly shaped the word with her mouth en-oh. It almost sounded very much like the letters "n" and "o." Hey! I could call him No-man! Geneva suddenly realized she was being ridiculous and quieted the loony voice in the back of her mind. Geneva rolled her shoulders, relieving some pressure there as she listened to the amber-eyed wolf's voice. He seemed very much at ease, his movements a quiet grace as the twilight hours pressed forward around the mansion. Dying raise of sunlight reached out desperately, caressing the bannister in warm bands of light, playing across Geneva's hands as they slowly inched away, swallowed by a hungry darkness.

"I have only been here for a short time," she said with a rueful smile. "And honestly, I haven't seen much of the packlands aside from the lake and the mansion. And the borders, of course. But I quite like it here, it's quiet. And I've met some wonderful pack members. It has been wonderful, simply wonderful."

A play of shadows followed the sunlight, lending their chill to the wind as the sun receded. Geneva wondered what the city might look like, if it was very far away. Ehno said that he hadn't gone too far. But he seemed adventurous, filled with a joyful energy that made his heart light as well as his feet on the offbeat trail. As far as the femme was concerned, her days of adventure were far behind her. She would be content never to leave the shadow of the trees in Crimson Dreams ever again, to only capture glimpses of stars between the high-reaching branches.

But that didn't mean her mind couldn't wander where her feet were unwilling to tread. She imagined buildings as high reaching as the trees, drawing on past experiences and things she had read in books. The concrete and glass cold as the wind that whispered across her body. A bit shyly she stopped to sit on the top step, just one above the one where Ehno was sitting. She put her back against the bannister and stretched her legs across the step, so Ehno wouldn't have to look so far up at her. "Will you tell me of the city, Ehno?"
[html]
I'm such a buuum. So sorry for this horrible and late reply! D:

Ehno found a warm and rather nostalgic smile had leapt to his features as Geneva spoke of the lands. The Italian boy himself had felt much the same when he had first arrived on the shores. His sister had brought him to the pack, at the time known as Twilight Vale, and he marveled at the vast and varied landscapes they claimed. The lake had always caught his interest, and the mansion was a constant source of exploration and entertainment for the male. But what he liked most of all were the pack members. Everyone here was kind, and the entire pack felt like a close-knit family. "I'm glad you like it here. It is wonderful, I couldn't ever imagine leaving it."

He shifted his position on the step a bit as she sat closer to him. He turned to face her more fully, leaning slightly against the opposite bannister as she had. Amber eyes shut for a moment as he contemplated her question. "The city..." Images and memories of the city flashed through his mind and he tried to summon the words to adequately describe the sights and sounds of the ruins. Ehno opened his eyes and looked toward Geneva once again. "It's really huge. Old buildings still standing, but a little worn down... there was a smaller one that had collapsed in one part of the city, near what used to be a park. The humans had grass and trees and so much nature packed into this tiny area. But with the humans gone, it's begun to spread out, almost like it's trying to take back the city."

It was something interesting he had discovered on his latest trip out there, something he hadn't been expecting. He only hoped he was doing the sight justice with his description, and that Geneva would find it interesting as well.
[/html]
[html]
Ehno commanded Geneva's rapt attention as he told her of the strange city. She looked into his amber eyes, although it wasn't her reflection she saw within their warm depths. Instead, fleeting images her imagination projected swam there, like the ruins of Atlantis beneath an amber colored sea. She wasn't sure if her imagination did his description justice. But she pictured majestic trees that soared to the sky beside still, cold skyscrapers. She imagined the frost of the glass windows, the way sunlight might glint off their silvered surfaces, casting unusually bright rays back into the trees. Shaking her head slightly, she blinked her lime green eyes once and there were no longer visions of ruins tangled with trees reflected in Ehno's eyes, except her own face.

She offered him a nervous, apologetic smile as she leaned back against the railing of the stairs again, withdrawing into herself as embarrassment burned through her. She thought of putting her apology into words, but at the minute she found herself tongue-tied. She would only make a bigger full of herself. Her gaze dropped to her lap, where she wrung her hands together. She recomposed herself after a moment, looking back up at him. "It sounds like a sort of invasion to me," she mused softly.

"I grew up in a city," she said suddenly, unsure of why she was volunteering personal information. But she did not want her conversation with Ehno to end. "It was quite large, abandoned, empty except the few who chose to live there - so isolated from nature and every other natural thing. There was a park," she added as an afterthought, "but it was over run with weeds, tangled and littered with trash. I used to visit, though, because there was a small patch of dandelions that used to grow. They were so fragile, though. The slightest bit of wind and all the white bits - I don't remember their proper name - they'd just up and fly away too fast for me to catch. It is so odd to think that nature could conquer something manmade so completely. So curious."
[/html]