I would do anything for love but I won't do that
[html]

I know the territory, I've been around

It’ll all turn to dust and we’ll all fall down

She was visibly pregnant now, the pups making her stomach bulge in a very obvious manner. She was overlooking the herd, counting and keeping track of them. She didn't want to see any of them dissapear in the end. They were too important to the pack, even though lucifer had been doing as she'd demanded and helping with the hunts. She was glad to see that, even if he hated the pups growing inside of her.
And why should he not? He claimed to love her, but he never wanted to stick around for her. Everything else was always more important to him. And now he was here, and swore that she was most important to him. She didn't know what to think anymore. She didn't want to worry about it.
the sky was grey today, and it made the pale woman less upbeat than normal. The drizzle didn't just dampen the earth,. it dampened her spirits too. She never had been good with wet weather, even if the snow was pretty. But this wasn't snow, just chilly, cold rain. It depressed the pale woman. She retreated to the shelter of a towering oak, unwilling to go back to her house on the other side of the territory just yet.

And sooner or later, you’ll be screwing around

[/html]
[html]

:3 wc249

escape is never the safest path

"You shouldn't be out here," his throat muttered without his permission. Normally he might have just passed by, but his legs had stopped unexpectedly and his eye was affixed on her solemn, bulging form beneath the oak tree he passed by quite often on his solitary, outskirt-territory retreats, and had not expected to see another soul on the little trek. Truth was, he needed the alone time more than usual, with the responsibilities put aside for him now a constant pace and requiring constant attention. Lucifer was God-only-knows-where (though he had guessed the black-furred miscreant might have been following Deuce around as usual, but obviously it wasn't the case), and Tyrone had been a bit too sleepy for the little walk the pup sometimes joined him on, though the company was not minded. He quite enjoyed the child, but even a little free time to himself was always appreciated.

It took some effort to even offer her a subtle, small smile, though he tried to mask the fact that it was forced. Jefferson had yet to decide whether or not the two would ever even begin to get along, and judging from her rather unpleasant expression and disturbingly obvious pregnancy, the hybrid might've been better off continuing on without saying anything at all. His shoulder sagged somewhat, but he held his stance and looked up at the overcast sky as it blew a chilly breeze through. "Something tells me you're out here avoiding some things too, but I wouldn't know."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... DOTAHT.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
She lifted her gaze, seeing jefferson coming at her. He seemed to be as wary as she was. They'd done good, only seeing eachother at pack meetings since iskata had accepted the male. And Deuce had to admit, he'd been good for the pack. She didn't miss that his smile was forced. Her return smile was no less uneasy.
She laughed soflty at his candid statement. "It's not often I need to avoid things, but yes, although it is hard to avoid your own thoughts." Her words were truthful and a little self depreciating. She knew she needed to make peace with this hybrid. If she could willingly accept Da'Vinci and his pups, she could accept jefferson too. She took in a breath and let it out ina soundless sigh.
"You've done well since Iskata accepted you. I...I apologize for initial mistrust of you, Jefferson." Ina rare gesture of submission, the Shaman was looking at the ground between the male's feet. Apologies were difficult for her, especially when it came to coyote and their blood. She would never forgive the coyote race for what had happed to Syemv, nor for the death of her son Shadow. She had no forgiveness for that.

[/html]
[html]

This is going to be a sweet thread. ^^ wc301

escape is never the safest path

He smiled calmly at the apology--more genuinely this time, and a small chuckle thinned the air between them. He'd harbored quite a bit of distaste for the white female after their first meeting--in fact, due to his apathetic demeanor when he was a loner, it had been the first time he'd felt real, seething emotions in quite some time--but now, months later, he'd seen her at work and he'd seen what she could do. He'd unintentionally stopped and questioned a leader from a stranger pack when he detected her scent upon him and suspected the worst. Fortunately, that meeting had turned out to be a fortunate one in learning that he and Haku were related... Wait. He put together two and two, judging on how pregnant she looked and the time abouts that he had run into his relative out in the wilderness... Ah, it wasn't that complicated, but he wondered if she knew that she had no choice but to be affiliated with Jefferson now, since they were more 'officially' related at this point, at least through her coming children.

"Naw," he scoffed, shaking his head calmly and taking a few cautious steps closer, neither standing tall out of pride nor lowering himself in deemed respect. He, as always, was simply being Jefferson. He bowed to no one. "You've got kids on the way. Need to learn to keep your head up, for their sake." He seated himself, hissing a moment at the sudden string of pain that shot through his bad limb, but quickly swallowed it and continued nonchalantly. "You can just use me as an excuse that coys aren't so bad. Ravenous bunch, but some of them,,, eh." He shrugged, eye wandering here and there nonchalantly. At least he wasn't bad at simple conversation. "You're a good leader, Deuce."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... DOTAHT.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
She eased somewhat as he apology was accepted. SHe gave the male a tentative smile, the smile widening as he made his quip about cows. His hiss of pain made her smile fade somewhat, replaced with a look of cpncern. Guilt wrapped it's arms around her heart and squeezed. If she'd tended to that injury, perhaps his leg wouldn't pain him now.
"What happened to your leg, jefferson?" Perhaps there was something she could do for him, even at this late date. Not all injuries had to be permanant, she always had thought. There are some wound that do mend, and some that don't. Some can be repaired later, and some can not. The body was a capricious thing, never knowing what it wanted from you until later.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... parrow.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc494

---

He'd tried to hide the pain and sting that his gimpy leg commonly unleashed upon him. He'd always tried to mask it, to make it not as bad as it really was, but it was no use. The wound had healed, the scar had not, and his leg was pretty pathetically mauled even still. It had been months since the attack, but the pain had hardly numbed or spared him in the least since. Really, it was as if a day had not even passed. Jefferson hated it. He despised the handicap, he despised having to shift in order to walk comfortably, he hated that he had to reteach himself a completely new fighting from in order to work his way around the handicap. A lot of it did involve his hind legs and very careful balancing--there had been plenty of secret, personal training just to strengthen his other foreleg--and when shifted, his arms were hardly used at all. Speed wasn't his game, necessarily, but quick twists and easy maneuvering out of tight spots were key and essential. He was just as strong as before. He could still fight his way through a good battle against most opponents. The technique for speed and agility he'd once had was gone. He regretted that.

"Bear," he muttered darkly, always avoiding the subject. It was a wussy story, really; a source of withdrawal and shame, to be blunt. There was no pride in losing to a bear, of all things. He had no choice but to tell her, however; how else would they start getting along? "A while before I ended up here. I was emaciated and shit for months. I fought all my battles in a trance somehow, but I was usually so dazed that I couldn't catch any food." He could clearly remember snarling and biting like a mad dog at the air at his opponents, and because a blind rage would take over him, he could hardly feel the pain of scars he received. More than once had he suddenly woken up beneath a tree, bruised and bloody in all directions, surrounded by torn bodies lying here and there. He didn't know how he did it, even to that day. His scowl thickened. "I was passed out, and the bear's kids found me and, well. Their mother found me next, and that's it." His eye averted. "Damn bears are too protective. I hadn't even gotten up and she was throwing me around. I was so emaciated at the time, well... I couldn't defend myself. She'd given me too many bruises before I could even think about getting up and defending myself anyway." He snorted and shook his head, trying to keep the images from his head. "At one point I tried jumping for her neck, but she clamped onto my leg before I even reached her and chomped on it a while." He was putting it lightly. The whole story wasn't necessarily. "...That's it."

[/html]