tomorrow, tomorrow
The elder Sadira had been long gone from roaming the lands since she'd devoted her time to the small pack she co-lead with her ivory friend. Today though leaving the two pups in the care of their reluctant eldest brother, DaVinci the Matriarch had decided to take the time and revisit lands and packs she hadn't seen in over a season's time. She smiled at the weak sunlight that poured down through the clouds as she walked along the borders of Crimson Dreams. The day was young still but the sun had yet to warm the world about her. She'd risen early though with the help from one very active small runt that Iskata adored more than anything. She chuckled at the thought as she yawned.

The woman sat down at the edge of the lake and tilted her head back, letting out a call to the pack who's lands she sat at. She wished to see one of the leaders though she really didn't care who came calling, as long as she knew how her family faired that was enough for her. Fluffing her fur out against the chill that was attempting to seep between her thickening pelt she sighed, her breath puffing out before her as she wondered just how Naniko and Kansas had been fairing with the coming cold.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... order2.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I find this incredibly funny, since I just got home from meeting my soon-to-be-inlaws XD

The sun was peaking through the clouds with some consistency today. That made the femme happy, though ever since the change in her life that had taken place the other day, she always had a spring in her step rain or shine. She had a mate now. Someone she loved with every fiber of her being. Instead of waking up alone, now she was greeted by the handsome face of her mate. Nothing could dampen her mood.

Savina pranced lightly around the territory, re-marking borders where it had faded. Not even the cold phased her, instead it felt refreshing in her lungs and against her skin. It was a quiet morning, so when an unfamiliar howl sounded through the air, it was impossible to miss. Sable ears pricked forward. It seemed they were calling for a leader. Someone wishing to join perhaps? Admittedly, she would be surprised if it were. Within the past few weeks she had accepted two new wolves into their family, which was more than was usually expected. Casually she headed in the direction of the voice.

As the Lt. General came up to the shores of the lake, the form of a golden woman was caught in her emerald gaze. Deeply, she breathed in the other wolf's scent. There was a pack scent thick on her, so most likely she wasn't here joining. There was something awfully familiar in that smell though. The fey furrowed her brow, trying to pinpoint it, since she was certain she had never seen the female before. Then it hit her like a brick. Kansas. This wolfess smelled similar to her mate. A smile grew on her lips as she approached the visitor. "Good morning. Is there something I can help you with?" Her accented tone was pleasant as usual.

[/html]
Iskata had been enjoying the sunshine that was pouring down from the late autumn sky as she waited on her daughter to come calling. She wasn't for certain if the woman had chosen another leader since she'd dropped the monster that was once her mate from her life. Iskata figured it really didn't matter, but she doubted that she would have been able to run her own pack with just herself and she would not like to even attempt to try it either. She chuckled at the thought, though her personal time with thoughts and worries came to an end quickly as another came upon the shoreline. Iskata raised her head up and realized it wasn't her daughter, either of them, because for a moment she believed that Ember was approaching until she was able to tell for certain it wasn't her girl.

She stood proud yet silent as she waited for the woman to finish her approach, it didn't take her too long to make her way there and from the look of the woman and the way she held herself Iskata could already tell that Naniko had chosen herself another leader of sorts. The smile that greeted her was returned as the warm melody of the woman's accent followed. "I was looking for Naniko.. I wanted to make certain she and Kansas were fairing well.." She had made no connection from the girl to Ehno, but then again she wasn't looking to. The silver and gold woman was just wanting to make certain her family was fine before the onset of the winter months.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... order2.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She was glad to see that her smile was returned. Sometimes she might have been put off by the lack of physical submission shown, but this wasn't a joiner. That, and she was almost sure that this was someone who's family she had just joined. This was a casual meeting, not a formal one. As the woman spoke it struck her suddenly that she had seen her before. She had been present at Naniko's birthing. It had been such a hectic and special time that that memory had almost escaped her. They had never been formally introduced though.

The inky femme reclined onto her haunches and wrapped her tail around her paws. "They're both doing well. Naniko's busy with the pups of course, though they're starting to wander about on their own, so we all have to keep our eyes on them." Before speaking again Savina wracked her brain, trying to remember the name of the wolf in front of her. It was clear that it wasn't one of Kansas' siblings, so it must be his mother. She knew she had heard her name from Nani as well. After a few moments, which she hoped hadn't been too awkward, it came to her. "Are you Iskata?" The younger fey hoped she didn't seem too forward. She was trying to come up with the best way to deal with the situation.

[/html]
It had taken Iskata a moment to realize that she had seen the other woman before but after it all clicked into place she smiled. The girl had been off with her daughter's new mate hunting when Naniko had went into labor. Iskata still wasn't sure about the relationship between Anu and her daughter but she had no ill-feeling towards the matchup.. she just worried about their future. When the woman seemed to relax after Iskata stated her business she lowered her head slightly and yielded the seniority to the ebony lass, if she'd take it or not Iskata had no clue but she'd see.

Her eyes seemed to warm as the woman spoke of Naniko and the young puppies that Iskata had yet to visit. She wistfully piped in. "Naniko has new siblings as well.. so the puppies have a young aunt and uncle as well." She was proud of her two youngest children and though they were of mixed heritage she knew they would take on the world with eyes wide open and a family that loved them at their backs, just as Naniko's children would. Her daydreams were brought to a sudden end as the woman asked verification on who she was. Iskata nodded as a smile lit her lips. "Yes, I suppose I am. Who might you be?" the coal hued woman had no notion that Iskata already knew her son had taken a mate and had a fellow sibling within the pack. She just had no way of attaching the dark beauty before her with the one her son loved so.
[html]

As she relaxed she noticed the woman dip her head slightly. "Thank you, but that's not necessary. We're just having a friendly conversation, formalities can be put aside." The sub-leader thought that such displays were important, but that they also had their own time and place. And honestly the last thing on her mind right now was such things. Nervousness was working its way through her insides, though by looking at her you wouldn't be able to tell. Her ears perked up at the news that another litter had been delivered to the world. Smile spread even wider and her emerald orbs filled with warmth. "That's wonderful news! Congratulations!" Puppies were such a wonderful thing. The female couldn't wait to have some of her own when the time was right.

So this was Iskata, Naniko and Kansas' mother. The tip of her bushy tail twitched back and forth, the only physical sign of her anxiety. "It's a pleasure to officially make your acquaintance. My name is Savina. Naniko is a dear friend and I help her lead this pack." She drew a deep breath into her lungs, steadying herself for the biggest news. "And the other day your son Kansas asked me to be his mate. I happily accepted. I love him with all my heart." Savina felt it important to let Iskata know that she loved her son. She waited anxiously for the woman's reaction. Would she like her? How would she take this news? The girl hoped so much that everything would go alright.

[/html]
Iskata's posture returned to normal as she smiled, welcoming the lack of formalities and the ability to be herself with another. Things sometimes changes when you became a leader, though within her pack it wasn't so forced, but outside she would respect the old ways. Being able to just be another face in the crowd for a moment had it's advantages as the other congratulated her on the young ones. "I just can't wait til they're old enough to meet the rest of the family." she said, and she meant just that. The youth of Phoenix Valley wouldn't know the rest of the family until they were larger, unless the family came to vist, but she figured it wouldn't be til spring that the pups would be able to see anyone.. with winter's approach and all.

She was slightly surprised that the other had remembered her name but she didn't mind, it made it easier in the end.. and yet when she was presented with the name of the other she smiled sweetly and dipped her head again, a soft chuckle rising from her maw. "I believe.. I may have known before you even did of his devotion to you.. Your brother told me." She was glad that she'd finally met the woman that had stolen her son's heart, but by the words of her brother it seemed that the two were a perfect pair. Iskata felt slightly stupid for not realizing it earlier with the soft accent that she'd been greeted with, so similar to the voice that had belonged to Ehno.

Iskata granted Savina the same welcome she'd given her brother as she laughed. "Then it looks as though I've aquired another daughter." She gave the girl a friendly wink as she warned her. "Don't be frightened away by the size of the family though.." She wasn't for certain if the girl had been warned or not but she'd just associated herself with such a sizeable clan that it would have been easy to become lost in the family ties now.
[html]

The Lt. General could just picture the meeting of the youngest members of the family. It would be the perfect springtime activity. If only winter wasn't at their doorstep. Now would be far too dangerous for the little ones to travel any amount of distance. She knew that the difficult job of doing her best to keep the four pups inside the borders as much as possible was sitting in front of her. Luckily the rest of the pack would be there to help. "That would be wonderful. Perhaps we can plan a meeting once the weather starts to warm again?" It would be a good chance for the two packs to form an alliance and friendship as well.

At first the soft chuckling from Iskata made Savina tense, but soon her fears were dissipated. So she had already met her brother? And how did Ehno know that Kansas was planning to ask her to be his mate? A mischievous glint entered her eyes. "That's funny. I'll definitely have to ask my brother about how he found this out before I did." Her tone wasn't at all upset, in fact there was a bit of laugh in her voice as well. It was just like Ehno to be lightly sharing such information. She made a note to make him pay for it later on. "I do hope he was polite, he can be a bit of a goof sometimes. Though I suppose that's one of the reasons I love him." It was good to know that even after a year of wandering around Europe, he was still the same ol' Ehno.

Warmth flooded her body as Iskata stated that she had gained another daughter. This meeting really couldn't have gone much better in her opinion. "Well, I'm more than honored to be considered one." With that she stood and walked to sit a bit closer to her new mother-in-law. Though she was a bit shocked to hear that the Sadira clan was quite a large one. It was the exact opposite of what the girl was used to. "Oh? Is it really that big? For my whole life it was just my mother and my two siblings, I guess this will be quite the change." Savina chuckled lightly. She wondered who all she had ties to now.

[/html]
Iskata laughed happily at the words of the woman as she began to make plans for their family to meet coming the warming months. The silver and gold lady could almost see the puppies trying to figure out who was who and just what new games they could invent. Iskata couldn't help it as her tag wagged happily, the simmering flag fluttering behind her as she chuckled. "Of course! It's going to be a long winter with pups holed up by the snow.. atleast we'll have something for them to look forward to!" she was beginning to feel the excitement of the playdate they were planning without the knowledge of the young ones. Iskata hadn't even thought of pack politics as she imagined their family's combining for the first time with the coming of the lilies and daffodils shotting through the last of the snow. She'd never thought there would be anything but peace between the two packs, they were family after all.. but she was also a dreamer..

The woman had not realized that she'd made the poor lass nervious, after all she'd never had to have met the mother or father of any of her mates. Maybe she would have understood if she had but her life had been different than the lives her children had lived and times were changing. Her mother had passed on right about the time Iskata would have even been able to think of pups.. had the lady even lived to see a single grandpup from her second litter. Iskata had never taken the time to think of such things.. but they seemed to linger in her mind now. Turning to face the other she grinned, "I suspect Kansas may have been trying to act the gentleman.. is how he found out." She was rather impressed by her son for acting so grown up, yet it reminded her just the same of the letter from his father and she hoped his actions had nothing to do with trying to live up to his father's pressing demands.

The Matriarch had spend a long day with Savina's brother and she could probably understand just why she loved her brother so. She laughed as the girl suddenly turned the conversation to the new family she had, just like her brother, Iskata smiled and nodded. "I've had three litters myself, and with three siblings of my own and their blood.. we make a rather large band." She hadn't taken the time to think of just how many of them there were but she finally just shook her head and shrugged. "We're pretty good at the whole surviving thing.. for the most part." There had been those in the Sadira clan that had passed on before their times, or even within their time but as much as the whole lot of them seemed to wander so much.. there was one thing to admit.. they were fighters, each and everyone of them.
[html]
Sorry, I've been tired and sick, so this is a little subpar ><

Emerald orbs warmed as the laughter continued between the two. The girl found herself very happy to be considered a daughter by the Sadira woman. She missed having a mother. Of course, no one would ever replace Amata. That place in her heart would always belong to the mother that loved and raised her. But perhaps Iskata would gain her own space. Family was important to her, as well as Kansas. She would want to do everything she could to keep the golden female involved in their lives. Though there was no doubt in her mind that she would make sure to keep up to date.

Trying to be a gentleman? Savina tried her best to think what that would have entailed. If she had been able to read, or knew more stories about human marriage etiquette, she might have caught on more quickly. Though she knew that Kansas was indeed a gentleman. "I see. Well, I'll probably still bug him about it anyway. Just what siblings do, you know?" She winked at Iskata. What was the point of having a sibling if you couldn't give them a little crap now and again.

The midnight fey was impressed with the size of her new family. Three litters? That must be wonderful, to have so many children. For the longest time she had wanted so badly to be a mother, perhaps soon it would become a reality, if it was what Kansas wanted as well. "I suppose it would be a rather large clan then." Even though they weren't many, the Marinos were fighters as well. Perhaps not in the literal sense, but both she and her brother had made it across the ocean with barely a scratch. "I've always wanted to be a mother." She admitted, somewhat shyly. It felt a little odd to express that to her mate's mother so soon after meeting her, but surely she would understand.

[/html]
Don't bother worrying about how good it seems. Wink

The silvery gold woman was normally easy to get along with and she wasn't surpised that the woman her son chose was as well. They both seemed so eager to get to know one another as well as be embraced as family. The Matriarch's family was so large as it was without the ones they'd adopted, but this was something totally different, this was one woman to another wanting to be accepted and Iskata would do just that. She didn't know when she'd have time with the coming season but she felt that perhaps the whole of their family needed to be together once more... if only for a moment in time. Her eyes sparkled as she suggested thus, "Maybe we need to call the whole family together.." She knew it would be an eye opener, not all her children were like Kansas, Kansas' own twin was everything he wasn't but they made eachother whole somehow so she didn't question their happiness and closeness as siblings. "Kansas has quite a few siblings.." she said as she smiled softly.

She hoped that Savina would be able to accept the friendship between Firefly and Kansas, but she didn't believe she had much to worry about since Savina seemed to understand the connection between siblings. She smiled at the words that Savina had spoken as she thought of her own siblings.. and their lack of closeness. "My own siblings weren't so close after we grew up.." she said honestly. She didn't know what it was like outside of puppyhood play and she wished that she did. Seeing it within her children was enough for her though.

The almost secret words that Savina had allowed her in on made the elder Sadira woman chuckle softly. She wasn't for certain how her son felt about a family but she figured that the boy would learn soon enough if his mate wished for pups. She grinned at the leader as she spoke. "It's a lot of work.. but in the end it's worth it.. and then they grow up." the last few words were wistful as she sighed and shook her head. She wished that pups never had to grow old.. but she understood they had their own lives to live and growing up was all part of it.
[html]

The prospect of meeting the entire family was a big daunting, but exciting nonetheless. She would love to meet the rest of Kansas' relatives, who were now her relatives as well. The girl felt a sudden longing that her mother was around to see where she was now and meet the family she had joined. It passed quickly though. Somehow in her heart she knew that Amata was still watching her and smiling down on her. "That would be wonderful! It would be great to meet everyone! And I've met Ember. She's a very sweet girl. She helped me with learning how to shift." That probably sounded a little odd. That Iskata's younger daughter had helped the two-year-old learn how to shift. But it barely even registered in her mind that way though.

Savina's sleek headed nodded at Iskata's words. It was often it seemed that siblings weren't close when they grew up. She knew that was the case with Sirius and Apollo. They hadn't even been "grow up" and they didn't really get along. "I know what you mean. I have a sister too. It wasn't that we didn't get along fine, but we were never as close as my brother and I are. With him it's like he's almost another part of me. He went wandering around Europe for a year, and then I ended up here. I hated the thought that I might never see him again, but we got lucky." Luck was really the only word for it. Out of all the possibilities, it was amazing they had both ended up in the same place so far from their place of birth.

Her mother had made raising three pups on her own look so easy. But the jet femme knew better. It must have been unbelievably tiring. But at the same time she knew that her mother wouldn't have traded them for anything in the world. So Iskata's words rang true in her mind. "Yeah. One thing I need to know is that my pups will have a father. I never did, so that is really important to me that my children do. But I know Kansas will be there for me...and for them when the time comes." She had yet to talk to her mate about starting a family, but she knew that when they were ready, he would be a kind and loving father.

[/html]
Iskata smiled at her daughter in law's excitement at meeting the family. She wasn't for certain how exactly it would come to pass but she was sure she could atleast get the close relatives together, her children atleast, and the grandchildren were easy enough.. She wasn't for certain about getting Firefly out in the open with the rest of the family but if it amused the girl enough she figured that even the fiery emerald eyed lass would subject herself to family affairs for once. "It may take some work but we'll get them all together somehow." she winked at the girl as she grinned. She was even beginning to get excited about the idea, the new mateship should be welcomed with celebration and the Matriarch believed she'd give them just that.

The words the girl spoke of with her own siblings atleast showed the Sadira woman that it wasn't just her family. She chuckled at the thought of a perfect family and shook her head. Her sky hued orbs twinkled, "Well atleast we know we don't have to worry about having a model family then.. since perfect doesn't seem to apply where there are sibling about." Iskata was glad that the woman atleast had a sibling in this new world since she herself know how hard it could be not knowing someone in a strange place. She'd been to other territories and had felt so out of place, atleast here she knew she would never have to worry about no knowing a soul. Maybe it wasn't luck, but it was a nice thought.

Iskata was proud that Savina believed that Kansas would be a grand father, though it seemed he didn't know Savina's thoughts on making him into one so soon. She smiled, understanding the girls wants and feelings. "Even if something happens and he can't be there they'll have plenty of aunts and uncles to help out.." She didn't want to make the girl see the darker side of the world but she knew how it was like to lose a mate in some tragic manner. These thoughts were on her mind as she spoke gently to the dark hued lass. Her eyes twinkled as she added though. "I wouldn't mind being a grandma again so soon though.." the words were said innocently enough, but the mischief shone through and through in the elder woman's eyes.
[html]

She couldn't help but chuckle at her mother in law's remark about not having a model family. She may not have been around a whole lot of families, but none of them were perfect. In all honesty, how could one be? With so many personalities. Especially when it came to pups. There was absolutely no way to predict how one pup was going to behave, much less how a bunch were going to get along. "I'm not too worried. I think a perfect family would be a little too boring." She winked an emerald orb at the gold woman. Savina may have been a mostly mild-mannered wolf, but she knew how to roll with the punches. She could be quite the little spitfire when she wanted to be.

At the next words from the older femme a bit of fear struck at her heart. The thought of somehow losing Kansas scared her more than anything else. The shadow fear of Conri coming back to inflict his revenge on her beloved creeped back into her mind. She did her best to push it from her mind though. She would protect her mate no matter the cost, even if it meant having to kill the former alpha. "That's good to know. Though I hope it would never come to that." Savina knew the darker side of life all too well, but she wanted the best for her future children. But soon the tone of the conversation changed and the girl couldn't help but let a sly smirk slither its way onto her face. "Well, maybe I'll have to have that conversation with him sooner than I planned," she laughed. The fey wouldn't say that she had "puppy fever" by any means, but she did want to start a family sooner rather than later.

[/html]
End? ooo! I'm falling asleep writing this so don't laugh too hard if it's horrible! I can't even see straight.. Big Grin

She grinned slyly at the wink that followed the words the dark hued lady granted her. Shaking her head she said with a bit of laughter. "There's no excitement when perfection peeks it's head into the picture. We'd rather be a little dysfuctional than be an average, right?" She was horrible. Here she was talking to the new in-law about how strange the family she'd just embraced was. She just hoped she didn't scare the girl away too soon! Kansas might never forgive her if she did.

Iskata smiled at the woman, realizing that she probably had given her a bit of a fright with her wistful words of warning. She gently nudged the other lady as she said softly. "Don't worry about what's to come.. all in due time.." she said with a secret smile on her lips. She wished she could be there when the ebony woman lay down the plans for their family in the making. She had never really had a grand time with mates so seeing happiness in others really was a soothing sight to know that it really did exist. Even if it was bliss for only a moment in time it was enough for her. Though she hoped their time would be more than a moment she knew they would cherish each and every second they were given. The love radiated from the girl, if it was real she'd be able to see it miles away the same with her son.

She looked towards the north with a sigh on her lips as she shook her head. She would have loved to have stayed and chatted up a storm til Kansas made his appearance but there were deeds to be done and chores waiting on the woman back home. She offered SAvina a pathedic look of apology as she said softly. "Sadly though my time as come.. I've family as well back home waiting on me, chores to be done and borders to patrol.." she grimaced at the idea of all the work that lay ahead of her as with a shake of her head she grinned. "If only it could be shoved under the rug for a day or two.. but sadly no." She smiled at the woman, hoping that she'd understand.
[html]
Nah, it's all good! Big Grin I'm glad Savvy got to meet Isk before she kicked the bucket. Maybe we can have another thread before she goes.

Iskata really shouldn't have been worried about scaring Savina off from the family. She had seen and experienced her fair share of dysfunction. Of course, it wasn't fun necessarily, but once you had a perfect family what was there left to strive for? She wasn't the least bit worried about attaining such an impossible goal. "My thoughts exactly," she joked.

The fear was quieted as her mother-in-law comfortingly nudged her. She was right, they just needed to take things one step at a time. It was good to plan for the future, but if you focused too much on it you might miss what is happening at the moment. The last thing she wanted was to miss anything that applied to Kansas and herself. Savina had never been the type to sit around and dream about the day a male would come and sweep her off her feet. The damage done by her sire had seen to that. The fact that she had never received any attention from the opposite sex hadn't help either. But none of that seemed to matter now, for she had found the person that she was perfect with.

It was sad that their conversation had to reach its end, but if anyone understood what was waiting on Iskata it was the Lt. General. She herself had many similar duties to attend to. "Yes, I understand. The chores that await me are very similar. Life's never dull when you're leading a pack, is it?" The dark fey smiled back at the woman and touched her nose to her cheek. "But I'm very glad that we've met now. I will have to come visit Phoenix Valley and we can plan this family get together. But until then I hope everything goes well for you and yours." With that the two said their goodbyes and went to attend to their packs.

[/html]