With the tiniest of tails
[html]

for brother

The sun was bright, but the air cold. Her understanding was that the sun brought heat, but why was it so cold? Short legs brought her over the hard ground, and her breath was visible with each exhale. It was different, something new she had never noticed. So many things blossomed before her when her mothers weren’t around. They were distractions, always showing her where to go and guiding her from one new experience to another. But they forgot the things that stood right in front of her, like her frozen breath or how rain drops got caught in the small wells leaves made.

Violet eyes watched the clouds around her nose, until the crossed and her view skewed. She blinked rapidly, until her vision returned to normal. Tempted by curiosity she tried it again, looking at her nose and focusing until everything in front of her doubled. Shaking her head she regained her sight but not before tripping over her own two from paws. They were too large, bigger then any one else’s in history. The brown things gave foresight to how large she would become once full grown. But she hated them. Why couldn’t they be tiny like Brooklyn’s?

Gaining her footing she ran with as much speed she could muster them the large feet. No beast would be able to follow her, into the dark woods beyond the home cave. Little eyes checked behind her, and saw no moms following or watching. Reaching the trees she looked up, wondering what lay beyond the shadows. She was suddenly timid and unsure if she had made the right choice, looking down with concern. Her large toes came into view, and her courage returned, with such large paws she could take any kind of step.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ablev2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
fwee! :3

Haven the early bird had been, well that, an early bird again! He hadn't gotten the worm though. Worms were gross and didn't taste good at all. He had been following another early bird though, that was a bird. It wasn't on the ground, but up in the trees. It reminded him of the bird that followed his momma around. The boy thought birds were unbelievably interesting. They could fly! He often wondered what it would be like to be able to fly. There was no doubt in his mind that it would be super fun. The young wolf had been watching this particular bird all morning, following it as it flew and hopped from branch to branch. Unknowingly he had followed it quite a ways into the forest.

Finally he looked back down, shaking his head. Looking up so much had made his neck hurt. The Aatte boy shot one last look at his morning companion and wagged his tail; his little way of saying goodbye. His ears twitched as he heard something else rushing through the woods. His jade eyes turned to find none other but his sister Mati! His whole copper body began to wiggle with excitement. Haven had wondered around quite a bit, but he hadn't gotten to do it with his favorite sister before! Big puppy paws ran towards her. "Mati! Mati! Mati!" His little voice called out. He bowled right into her, sending both their bodies flying around in the carpet of dead leaves. He licked happily at her face. Exploring would be one hundred times more fun with her around!

[/html]
[html]

..feel better Sad

Her nose entered the shadow of the nearest tree, the shade was so large to the young eyes it seemed more like the darkness of an entire forest. Eyes looked upward, checking to see if the dark would swallow her. Exiting and entering the forest entrance multible times she was convinced that it wouldn’t engulf her. Now she was ready.

One step forward took her breath away, pushed it right out of her lungs. Only after she was on the ground did she realize that she had been knocked over by her smaller, yet still heavy, brother. He had been calling her name, but in her concentration it was heard only by the wind. Lying on the ground she recalled the memory of his voice. Purple eyes blinked as she caught her breath.

“Brother, brother!” She screamed as he licked her face. She targeted his bleached ear and bit at it while paws flew in the air in hopes of getting back onto them. After they gathered beneath her she jumped to tackle him, earth toned body doing its best to fly through the air. All thoughts of entering the forest were momentarily forgotten, now that there was a game of wrestle right in from of her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ablev2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Thanks <3 I'm fine now, but that really freaked me out yesterday...

He was so happy to have found Mati out in the forest! Even since they had been big enough to go out on their own, he had wanted to go out adventuring with his sister, but they just hadn't gotten the chance. He giggled as she bit at his ear. Haven didn't mind when Mati bit at him, she was gentle. Brooklyn and Salem could be a little too rough at biting. Before he could do anything his sister had regained her footing and tackled him.

His chocolate sibling was quite a bit bigger than him, but he had no problems holding his own in their wrestling matches. Her assault had knocked the wind out of him, but he quickly countered with his nose, prodding and tickling her belly. The boy's paws flailed around as he regained his breath and started laughing again. "Tickle, tickle, tickle!" He knew how ticklish he was, and Mati was just as bad.

[/html]
[html]

follow her into the woods?.. & we'll talk...

EDIT; f'n dam it! i can't get used to these linked accounts -is retarded-

She might have had size over him, but he was strategic. She would have never thought to go after the belly. The tickling blacked her mind from thinking to much about his tactics, the pokes making her giggle in response. “Stop, stop!” Her cries sounded between the ever growing more hysterical laughing. Tears began to form at the edges of her eyes, and her breath was quickly turning to huffs.

She wiggled in hopes of evading his nose, paws flying to attack him in anyway. Getting to her paws she ran, eyes blanketed in a film of tears and coat shaking in hopes of ridding her body of the feeling. “Stops, Haven!” little voice screamed as she ran from his assault.

[/html]
[html]
Sounds good! Awe, its alright, you'll get used to it!

His sister began to laugh hysterically. The tickling was working! But it didn't take her long to start to fight to get away from the endless nose to tummy assaults. Big brown paws flew in every direction, smacking him in the head before she ran away. Haven rolled back onto his own feet, shaking his head, bi-colored ears flopping about.

He heard her scream for him to stop as he ran after her. As he caught up to her he licked her face. "Okies. Sorries." The boy loved playing with his sister, and unlike their brother and sister, he was nice enough to stop when she wanted him to. Mati got the short end of the stick most times, especially when Brooklyn was involved. He took it upon himself to be her sort of savior when he could.

[/html]
[html]

oh i love them

Out of breath she panted and huffed. The orange pup had chased after and she braced herself for another assault. He was faster then she, and it was easy for him to catch up. But he never tackled her, and apologized for tickling her so much.

Is alright. Her voice had come back to full strength, even though her chest still heaved up and down.

It wasn’t always so easy to get her siblings to stop the teasing, but Haven was certainly the sweetest. It was like he understood her, and she didn’t even need to tell him how she felt.

Looking around them she noticed they were inside the woods that surrounded their home. She had been there before, but she had never been there alone, or without their moms. What do you thinks in here Haven? her words were slow and soft as she looked up at the massive trees above her. Her mother had always told her to never fear the towering beasts even if they gave off deep and intimidating shadows.

[/html]
[html]
Me too <3

The Aatte boy smiled sweetly at his sister. He was glad to have some alone time with her. Without their moms and their pushy siblings. Salem really wasn't bad, it was mostly Brooklyn. It gave Mati the chance to just be happy and not worry about being picked on or being teased. He was always sensitive to her feelings and needs.

As her violet eyes searched the woods, his jade ones did the same. Haven hadn't spent much time alone in the forest. Mostly he had played in the mansion and out near the borders. Their mothers probably wouldn't have liked the fact that he had been out near the borders so much on his own, but what they didn't know couldn't hurt them. "Prolly wabbits and mice and birds. I was following a bird earlier. Theys pretty cools I tinks." What else could be here though? Surely there must be something exciting. "Maybes there's some monsters!" He had learned about monsters from some of their bedtime stories.

[/html]
[html]

Mati liked to stay close, where she knew she could hurry home and not be by herself. She always wanted to know that there was someone she could go to if she was in trouble, and her mothers always fit the bill. But now that Haven was with her, she would be fine. Her supportive brother would help her find the way, and maybe protect her if need be.

Monsters? Mait questioned. She liked the idea of rabbits, mice and birds but monsters were scary and ate little wolves who misbehaved. At least that how she took the stories that usually put the rest of her little to sleep. There were a few nights where she had to curl up against both her mothers just to close her eyes.

Looking back to the deep darkness between the trees she was sure there was something lingering. Idono Haven she paused, she little tail down and ears at an angle.

Whad if they gets us? Any confidence she once had was draining quickly form her body.

[/html]
[html]

The idea of monsters really didn't scare him at all. If anything it excited the small pup. He had played knights and dragons with momma Anu the other day, and that had been a blast! But he heard the hesitance in his sister's voice. Looking at her he saw her body droop as well. "Duns worries Mati! They won't gets us." Reassuringly he nudged his sister's cheek.

Haven bounced ahead a few feet and turned back to face his sister. He lifted his tail up in the air like a banner and puffed out his chest. Trying his best to look big and strong. "I's protect you! An' yous wants to hear somefink cool?" The boy lowered his voice to stress the importance. "I slayed a dwagons the other days." He winked one jade eye at his sibling. Haven had been practicing that ever since he had seen Geneva do it, and he was getting pretty good at it.

[/html]
[html]

ok, I’m marrying haven . end of story.

Large dark creatures, eyes glowing red and fangs dripping blood haunted her vision. She knew they would have long yellow claws and their breath would smell of carnage. What would they do if they came across one, or maybe two? Only Haven’s voice broke her monstrous thoughts.

At first she didn’t believe it was possible that they would be able to explore without bumping into a few monsters. Purple eyes looked from the ground to see that he was no longer the brother that she recognized. He was larger and more confident then any beast she had ever seen. Green eyes shown bright and he pledged to keep her safe like any knight she had heard of in all their bedtime stories.

Yous will? The little lady’s eyes grew side at the news he shared with her. A dragon? You dids? her tail began to wave and she hopped from paw to paw trying to find the right words, voice lost. The excitement was building, the world was waiting and she had dragon slayer on her side.

Oo K! A meek voice spoke, with an excited undertone. No she wouldn’t take the first step, but she was very willing to follow.

[/html]
[html]
<3

The boy grinned wide, glad to see that he had succeeded at making his sister feel safe. In all reality he wasn't a dragon slayer, but he would do anything to protect Mati. Nothing would hurt a hair on her head as long as he was around. "Yahs I will. Yahs I dids. I wasn' even scared...buts the dwagons sure was!" He walked over and pressed his forehead against her's like their mother Anu would do to comfort them.

After a moment he bounded away, looking back at the larger chocolate pup. "Comes on Mati! We'll go explores and if we comes across any monsters I'll sends 'em howlin'!" He yipped playfully. Surely this would be only the first of a multitude of adventures for the two.

[/html]
[html]

Her comforting was complete, with the simple gesture that connected them. His wet cold nose against her forehead was like a large blanket being wrapped around her. The Petty Officer was sure of his promise, Haven would never lie to her. Her sister had on may occasions, but her brothers were both honest.

His sudden retreat and high voice of excitement sent the pup into a fit of giggles. They rolled through her belly, and didn’t stop until she had forgotten what she thought was so funny and her breath needed to be regained.

Huffing she bounded after him, her fears dispelled and her confident back to maximum level. They would never be this age again, and never would they feel such a thrill to enter the woods the surrounded their home. Ignorant to such a reality, she took full advantage of her curiosity.

Finds then brohver. She chased after him, big paws sending her through the dark trees and into the wilderness. Bets I find a wabbit befores you! She had become intrigued with the species since the family had hunted them weeks before.

[/html]
[html]
Just so you know for sure, it's a squirrel he finds XD

Hearing his sister go into a fit of laughter was just enough to make him do the same. Mati's giggles were contagious, and as Haven bounced about he couldn't help but to laugh as well. He heard her begin to run and catch up and he spun around to face her; his front paws bouncing up and down. It was so great to have some time to just the two of them. He couldn't stop his excitement from bubbling over.

A smirk crossed his small muzzle at the challenge. "I bets you can'ts!" He had gotten special one-on-one tracking training from momma Anu. There was little doubt in his mind he was better at it than any of his siblings now. Sticking his tiny black nose to the ground he began to sniff for any sign of the large-eared tasty animals. But as he began to sift through the leaves something sprung up and ran up the nearest tree. It took a seat on a branch and started to chatter angrily at the pumpkin pup.

The boy dashed over to the tree and placed his front paws on it, looking up at the odd creature. "Hey! Siser! Do yous know whas that is?"

[/html]
[html]

Haven would be a good hunter, like their mothers. Strong, and soon to be big, he blended into the forest quite well and knew how to use his nose better then any one she’d ever seen. It was silly to challenge him in a tracking contest, but still even if she did lose he would always been a good sport and not rub it in her face.

The small mammals movements startled her, but she was able to follow her brother to the base of the tree. Paws against bark she let a small whine escape her mouth in frustration. Is a cat Haven! A mew cat!! Her high voice peeped as her body wiggled in excitement.

Of course it was a cat, it could climb a tree and wasn’t friendly toward wolves. What other option was there?

[/html]
[html]
"mew cat" freakin' adorable! :3

Jade eyes studied the chattering creature closing as his sister joined him at the base of the tree. What a weird looking thing. It had a small body, but with a great big bushy tail. I looked kinda like a mouse, but not really at the same time. For a second he wished one of the older wolves was around to answer the question of what that thing was. "A mew cat? You tink so?" He supposed that fit. It climbed the tree and didn't like them. But as he looked closer it didn't look like it had claws or whiskers, and didn't cats have those?

Haven squinted his eyes, trying to search through his memories to figure this out. "I dunnos. I dun see any claws or whiskers..." What in the world was this thing?

[/html]
[html]

still love me even tho im SOOO slow???

The tree was so intimidating. Its large base supported the gnarled and ancient looking limbs. Mati looked towards the branches and saw old and ugly arms and fingers. The little beast they sought to examine obviously saw nothing appalling or disturbing by the enormous creature.

She tried to not get distracted, though such things were hard for such young minds, and figure out what it really was they were chasing, or more correctly; inspecting. Whiskers and claw? it was true, the little thing didn’t have either of those, and they were key characteristics of a mew cat. In fact the things wasn’t mewing like a kitten would any how.

Wells She began to speak, her words hard with serious thought. It musts be something not cats like, or woof like. Its no birds or fish! The excitement in her voice came back to life towards the end of her realization. Excluding what it wasn’t was most likely the best way of determining the answer.

You finks it’s a….wrRAT?!? Violet eyes grew big at the last word. No, no way could she be so close to a rat. The idea of such a thing sent shivers down her spine and she had a hard time fighting the urge to shake her coat clean of the disgusting idea.

[/html]
[html]
Of course I loves you! And you not slow Tongue <3

He was impressed with his sister's powers of deduction. He hadn't even thought to throw out the things that this animal obviously wasn't. How clever of her. The boy tore his jade eyes off of the odd thing in the tree to look admirably at his sibling. "Yous right Mati! Thas so smarts of you! Is definitely not any of those tings." Then he turned his head to look back at the fluffy tailed creature. It was still chattering angrily at them, apparently not enjoying this game nearly as much as the two pups were.

Hmmm, a rat? That was a strong possibility. He imagined rats were probably that size. From what he knew they could climb. They had big rectangular teeth like this thing did. But still, there was something that didn't seem to quite fit. This animal had a great bushy tail, and he thought he had heard that rats had bald tails (what a weird thing that was. Bald tails?). "Thas close...but I dun fink is a wrat." This was getting frustrating! Haven let out a little bark at the thing.

But then something he had nearly forgotten came to him. He had heard someone talk about an animal that climbed trees and was smaller like a rat. But that had a big fluffy tail like that. The boy's face lit back up into a smile. "I tink I knows! It's a...sq...ssquirrrell!"

[/html]
[html]

Eyes moved from the tree to Haven, the light bulb turning on above her head. It all made sense now. Black nose pointed up toward the small beast, still chirping at them in dismay. She took in the scent, filing away the sight, scent and species forever to remember.

She was glad that it wasn’t a rat, the idea made her skin crawl. So that’s what a squirrel looks likes. Her tail wagged excitedly, making the rest of her body wiggle with it. You fink it’s a meats eater, like us? if it was a predator like themselves that it could be a threat. Mati didn’t understand that the instinctual urge to chase the little beast made it a prey species.

[/html]
[html]

The boy yipped excitedly, glad that together they had finally deciphered the mystery animal. If Mati hadn't been here he might have spent the entire day staring at the thing, trying to decide what it was. Not that that would have been a wasted day. If you were in search of answers then nothing was really a waste. But at least now the rest of their time would be open for whatever else they wanted to do.

Hmmm, was it a meat eater? That was a good question. "I dunnos." Haven wracked his little brain, attempting to find clues he already had for what made a meat eater and meat eater. "Wells, it rans from us, so is prolly afraids of us. Does that makes it a...not meat eater?" The word for things that didn't eat meat had escaped him.

[/html]