Long Distances
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Is it okay if this is backdated to October 28th? If not, that’s okay, OuO
500+

The world’s breath chilled the earth. The weather had not yet become the penetrating gelidity that characterized winter. The air was still, yet whispered softly and occasionally a secret to the earth and bid the sun did die. The golden orb, obscured by the dense clouds, slipped silently from view, like an admonished pup sent back to the den. But its passing went unnoticed, its only trace the darkening of the world. Bathed in a colourless blue, the creatures of day retired, relinquishing their place to the creatures of night. Yet, the turning of the heavens went unnoticed to the traveler, for she walked in the shadows of Ethereal Eclipse, and the world there was black already.

With the lack of moon, travel was made more difficult, but only marginally so. The white orbs of the black she-wolf had adjusted to the dark, and they peered into the shadows as one accustom to their company. A scurry here and there, and the small form of the mouse was caught before it slid into its burrow. She pursued none of these, for, while the woad-marked female had not eaten recently, she had no appetite in her ill humor. Her irrational anger had seemed to pass, but her brooding mood did not, especially when the black, red-eyed she-coyote had approached several hours ago. Then, her belligerency had been at its peak, and she had wanted to fight that creature, but the other had not taken up the challenge—which was for the benefit of both. Should the coyote had taken up her quarrel, it would be very likely that she would not be part of Dahlia de Mai. The black she-wolf was reminded once more that she was no longer accountable for her self, but for the entity of her pack as well.

With this in mind, she had left the coyote behind and relinquished her anger, but she could not help her tenebrous mood. There was something troubling her greatly. Like a great bolder blocking her way, she felt as if her soul were trapped and could not farther proceed. The female growled to herself, scolding herself, for she had lost her control and discipline. What was happening to her mind? She tried grasping at her reason, but it was like trying to capture the wind. Sighing, she took a break from her mental efforts; often, when the concern was permitted to rest, the solution was more readily found.

Having been deep in thought, the she-wolf was two steps over a boarder before she realized it. A curt bark of surprise escaped her throat as she leapt back, regaining a good distance between herself and the intangible barrier. Allowing herself to fall back on her haunches, the woad-marked female considered the ground before her. The woad-banded aurals were pushed forward in curiosity, as if attempting to hear a murmur of the boarder. She sniffed at it daintily. What were these boarders? Not Inferni. Not Esper Hollow, or Phoenix Valley. And definitely not Dahlia de Mai. She hit the cold earth with her marked tail. Of course, there was the newly formed territory.... But what was it called again? Something Dreams....

Abruptly, the pretty head rose to watch the space ahead of her. Somebeast approached.

[/html]
[html]
I actually don't think that'd be possible because Geneva didn't join CD until last week! Sorry. But I do love your post!

"I am stark-raving mad," the stone-hued femme muttered to herself as her restless, weary feet carried her across the lush, green land. There had been a break in the rain, and for some reason or another, the wolfess had gotten it into her head that it might be a good idea to better acquaint herself with the packlands. Since her arrival and acceptance into Crimson Dreams, she had kept mostly to herself in the mansion. Within the warmth of the walls and the new friendship she had found within these borders, both her body and her spirit had begun to heal.

She and the spirit of adventure were strangers, and even more so today. Geneva could spend the rest of her life within the borders of Crimson Dreams and want for nothing. In fact, at first she had been reluctant to even leave Haven Mansion. But after meeting Naniko and Anu's bright-eyed brood, the femme thought that it was her responsibility to learn the lay of the land, if only to accompany the pups on outings. She also felt that she had a duty to protect her new home, and those she had met there, to the best of her ability. Although should the need arise, she wanted to be able to protect the pack. The thought was laughable, Geneva being able to take down a threat. Small-boned and framed, the stone-hued wolfess had never grown to be much bigger than a yearling. The wolfess realized that within a few seasons, Naniko's pups would surpass her in size. The thought made her laugh.

As the darkness began to settle over the land, Stockholm realized that she was going to be lost very shortly. She thought she might be able to turn around and reach home, but it had begun to drizzle slightly, making her disadvantaged nose useless. She would never pick up scents awash in rain. She decided to continue her route, perhaps she'd be able to circle around and find her way home. However her eyes soon picked up a dark shape in the gloom. "Hello..." she called out cautiously.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Oh, hahah, that’s alright... We can just say that Cwmfen was reminded of the black red-eyed coyote (Garnet Massacre) while she was traveling through the woods, ^=^
500+

The female’s head was cocked with curiosity. Who would be the one to come out of the shadows tonight? The approaching creature turned out to be a wolf. The scent reached her after the sound, and then, through the shadows, the figure of a female slid into view. While the lack of light made it difficult to say, the black fea decided that the colour must be similar to the clouds—more grey perhaps, but similar. The eyes, however, were clearly a contrasting green. The appearance and the scent together confirmed to the Circèe of Dahlia de Mai that she had never met this wolf before. Of course that did not surprise the female, for she had met only a handful of the wolves that she new resided with these lands.

The melancholy mood that had dictated the female’s soul lightened marginally. She was actually glad for the company, and she hoped that it was a pleasant female that she found. Rude personalities were not held in high regard. Of course, if it turned out to be that way, she would just have to leave before trouble started. But the offered Hello... did not seem threatening, and so the woad-marked female decided to give the other the benefit of the doubt. She rose fluidly from her reclined position, finding no need to remain so, and thinking that it may appear rude or arrogant if she did. The posture of the black fae was relaxed and non threatening, with a lowered tail, and un-flared hackles, the female appeared rather amicable despite her current mood.

"Hello," she responded in likeness. The suave, melodic voice held dark, somber tones, and her Caledonian accent softened the edges of her mood; and, with ears that new what to hear, there was a hint of Korean lilts. The cold weather seemed to mirror the black fae in many respects. "My name is Cwmfen nic Graine," the young woman offered as she shook her coat of moisture. Then, with a light smile, she continued. "What is the territory beyond these boarders called?" She was curious to know just where she was, but she also desired to learn what this pack was called. The evasion of its name bothered her, and since there was a female present, whose scent was filled with that of this pack, it was a prime time to gain knowledge of such things.

Cwmfen hoped that this female would provide some conversation. Whatever happened next, the woad-marked fae intended to return to Dahlia de Mai afterwards. She hoped that she could gain something from this acquaintance that would aid her. In what way, she wasn’t sure, but there was still much for her to learn. Her life-long isolation made her awkward. But her shyness of others was already beginning to fade. Of course, there would always be some shyness and awkwardness that remained in her personality, for she was too old now for experiences to affect her insignificantly. But now, she could gain experiences advantageous to life and happiness, and not just mere survival. "Nice weather we’re having, " she offered with a smile.

[/html]
[html]
Geneva's light green eyes traced the the pattern of blue markings on the dark wolfess. She had never seen anything quite like the femme before. The swirling lines of blue interested her greatly, and it was another moment before she spoke. "Cwfen," she said, testing her name out. She pronounced it clumsily, the syllables rolling off her tongue in foreign tones. "Hello Cwfen," she said after a moment, the name flowing much more easily from her lips. "My name is Geneva Stockholm. We're at the borderlands of the Crimson Dreams pack." The stone hued wolfess was a little wary of the mysterious stranger, but she was also very curious about her.

She cast her gaze above, taking in the gloomy overcast skies. "Indeed, quite lovely weather," she said dryly. Geneva quite hated the rain. She had never seen its appeal, really. She loved the way that it smelled after a good storm though. The fresh scent reached her nose because it was so strong, one of the few scents that she could actually identify and actually smell.

Her walkabout had tired her out somewhat. She lowered herself into a seating position, nodding toward the woad-marked wolfess to do the same if she wanted. "If I am not mistaken, those markings denote that you are a warrior within certain cultures," she said and smiled sheepishly, considering her own size if that was true of Cwfen. She was very slight and small, nearly childlike in build. It was only the longness of her face and limbs in relation to the physique of an adolescent wolf, and how she lacked the gangliness of a growing pup that showed she was indeed full grown.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait!
500+

Cwmfen’s white orbs observed the stone-hued female, and, having noticed that the other’s gaze trailed over her own entirety, the black fae became wary. She wondered what it was that the other was observing—or, more likely, for what purpose was she being studied? The woad-marked fae was not often so quick to mistrust, but, being in strange territory, she was not necessarily ready to embrace all creatures that she encountered, regardless of benign first impressions. She had learned that no one could be trusted, and any creature could at any moment decide that she proved to be a threat or simply a target for their own relief. However, she tried to push such thoughts of warning back into the recesses of her mind, for often such thoughts were hindering in the forming of relationships. And, looking the grey female over briefly, she did not think that this one would prove to be much of a problem.

The woad-banded aurals pricked forward at the sound of her own name. Despite her belligerent mood, the Dahlian smiled. "Cwmfen," the female corrected softly, placing emphasize upon the m; she displayed no rude or inconsiderate demeanor. Then she nodded in greeting, a brief and hardly noticeable gesture. "Pleasure to meet you, Geneva Stockholm." The girl seemed quite amiable, and so the black female gave her the benefit of the doubt. She was quick to answer the questions that were given, and so the black fae learned then that it was the pack Crimson Dreams that resided over these lands. She tried to remember the name this time, and tucked its scent into the back of her mind for later reference.

The Caledonian-Korean offered another brief laugh, a sound like the silver dew drops after a rainstorm. It seemed that this female did not enjoy such weather. To the contrary, Cwfmen found it most appealing and pleasant to behold by all senses. The temperature, colour, sounds, and scents pleased her greatly, and she found solace in its presence. The song of the world sang beautiful tones during such weather, and such tones harmonized beautifully with the song of her soul. It was more of a spiritual thing, she supposed, as she felt closer to the gods at such times. But such simplicity was as she appreciated.

"I hope I’m not keeping you from anything." As Geneva lowered herself and invited her to do the same, she followed suit. While her own paws were accustom to such traveling, she did not want to appear haughty or rude by remaining above the other, especially while not on her own territory. Lowering upon her marked haunches, the black plume wrapped itself about her feet. Cwmfen nodded in response to the other’s observations. "You are, indeed, correct. While I have not fought alongside others, I have spent my earlier years battling others." The melodic voice was quiet, almost sad. The white orbs seemed to reminisce over a past memory. "My mother gave them to me before she returned...." Soon, when she reached her sexual maturity (it seemed as if she were a late bloomer), she would need to venture out once more into the forest, to become closer with the gods and ascertain her purpose as a warrior. But that would not be until the winter, she hypothesized, and so she still had time. At that time, it would also be appropriate for her to accept a mate, but she did not believe that such a thing would be achieved.

She smiled at the other, resurfacing from her thoughts. "Are you from around here? Or do you hail from another palce?" Frankly, Cwmfen was curious as to the other’s origins; she was unsure yet as to how to discern certain cultures from others. Perhaps such things did not even matter, but she believed that to know such things gave insight into the actions and choices that others made.

[/html]
[html]
<3

"Just Geneva, please," Geneva said softly. She did not want to stand on formality. She found that it often complicated situations. And when Cwfen's pale eyes peered at her warily, she wanted to make the other wolfess as comfortable as possible. She sat quietly for a while, her eyes still curiously tracing the dark wolfess. She tried not to stare openly, but Geneva's mind was like a sponge. She found this stranger completely fascinating. It wasn't everyday that she found something to pique and quench her curiosity so thoroughly.

The stone hued femme was completely at ease. She had decided to be welcoming, as the rest of her packmates had been of her when she reached these borders. True, she would keep her eyes open for any threat. But thus far, this wolfess seemed much more like a friend than a foe. In fact, Geneva thought that Cwfen might have been as curious as she was of her.

Normally, Geneva preferred to fade into the background. The spotlight was definitely not the ideal place for her to be, and she felt uncomfortable when she had the attention of any one creature for any length of time. But for some reason, she was relaxed enough to not feel the familiar tension creeping up her shoulders. Perhaps she felt more secure in herself, or perhaps it was just the Cwfen's presence wasn't demanding or judgmental.

"I've only been here for a short time," Geneva said, a wistful note in her voice. She felt as though she was born to roam these lands, to sit in the quiet of the library and the comforting scent of the flora-rich land. "Before I came here, I lived south of here. In a large, empty city with so little others. I like it here though," she said. "Where do you come from?"

[/html]
[html]

Congrats on your Spotlight Soul, by the way, ^=^
500+

"Just Geneva it is, then," the alto song replied. She nodded her head in compliance, considering the other female. She herself found it surprising that the one opposite her should find it appropriate to allow formalities to fall so early in their acquaintance. Yet, she did not argue with the decision. After all, while she herself did not mind such ceremony, she respected the wish of others to drop them. Some wolves were made uncomfortable by it while others simply found it tiresome, but she could not judge them for that single desire, just as she did not wish for others to judge her for that simple desire. Perhaps, however, she could gain insight on the personality of this stone-hued female.

She realized suddenly that Geneva was the first wolf that shared her origin with her. It was fascinating to discover that this wolf had originated from lands nearby. It seemed that this wolf had been alone as well... "I’ve also recently come upon this place... I hail from Caledonia—across the sea...." The white orbs seemed to grow distant with the thought of those far away lands. "But I was born--" of rape, only to be of the same fate, went the unfinished statement, but she pulled herself back, and restarted. "But I was reared in seclusion, away from the other packs. My mother was a Ordovice, and my father hailed from Korea." There was a strange mixture of emotions that registered in the mention of her father, and all of them became muddled in an indefinite mist of confusion. But she continued, barely pausing in the consideration of her sire. "But... my mother was forced to raise me between the territories of the Iceni and Catuvelauni... It’s a beautiful country there." She smiled lightly. The topography was similar here as it was there, but nature here spoke in a different language, and her gods were silent for the distance.

Cwmfen’s attention returned to Geneva, the light smile playing across her maw as light plays across the water. The white orbs watched the other curiously; she felt comfortable in the company of the other, and she was suddenly glad that she had stopped to converse with the female of Crimson Dreams—or had it been the other way around? She supposed that it didn’t matter so much how it was, as long as it was. "Is Crimson Dreams different from where you come from? – The land, I mean." She new that places could appear differently—or feel differently—than others, regardless of distance. Even Dahlia de Mai felt differently than the surrounding territories, but the difference was scarcely noticeable at times. She wondered if the lands of Geneva’s birth were different in anyway, if she observed the world as Cwmfen did. Perception was an arbitrary entity.

"What made you come here...?" The musical alto took on a shy tone; she hoped that she wasn’t treading on tender ground. She knew that her own reason of coming to these lands was a touchy thing still, and that she might not be able to say if she herself had been asked the question. But she was curious, and curiosity did indeed push even the timid to pursue things that would have otherwise been left alone.

"..."

[/html]
[html]
Thanks! Now its my turn to apologize for the wait! Sorry love.

"Crimson Dreams is unlike any place I've ever been," the wolfess said, peering into the other woman's curious white eyes. Cwfen nic Graine seemed to see things perfectly clearly, although the lack of color in her eyes might have suggested blindness. The wolfess before her inspired such curiosity, but she didn't dare act upon it quite yet. It was far too early in their acquaintance to even imagine asking such personal questions - at least, it was for Geneva. She was generally withdrawn, a shy personality.

But she wanted to continue talking with Cwfen, and in the back of her mind she hoped eventually they might become friends. She certainly wanted to get to know her. "The climates are somewhat similar. The seasons are much the same - it snows about as much, if not more here. But it is much more natural here. Where I was born, there wasn't really anything green and organic."

The gray wolfess wasn't one to offer a lot of information, but she was open to answering questions. As long as Cwfen kept asking, she'd keep answering. However, when the blue-banded wolfess uttered her last question, line green eyes closed for a moment. There was a dull ache in her chest, but it didn't hurt anymore like her heart was bursting. She no longer felt as though the world would end. She was surprised to find that she could talk about it.

"I started off..." she trailed off, trying to find the right words. "I came here to raise my children," she began, "to find a safe place for them to grow, to learn and love. This would have been the perfect place," she sighed wistfully, thinking of Nani and Anu's pups, so full of life and bursting with personality. "I needed to find a place to keep them safe. But, I guess that wasn't ever in the cards." The gray wolfess had miscarried on her way to Crimson Dreams.

She opened her eyes and smiled softly. "I know, without a doubt, that my children would have been so loved here..." she trailed off, thinking of her packmates, her new family, and she could taste the truth in her words. "They were never born...but I like to think that they aren't alone...that maybe, they're with Jordan, their father."

[/html]
[html]

500+

The black she-wolf smiled softly. "Indeed, as Dahlia de Mai has been to me.... I love the country from whence I came, but..." she struggled with the diction for a moment before deciding to continue. "Dahlia has provided for me a safety that I did not know could exist in the world." The female’s soft smile took on a somber tone as the white eyes dropped to the earth. She was truly grateful that she had finally made it to these lands. Having fallen silent, the female lifted her gaze, saying, "My ancestor was a member of the pack Clouded Tears, however fleeting of a member he was. It seems that the pack has disbanded, but I could ask for nothing better than Dahlia de Mai." The smile brightened once more; she did not wish for the other female to take pity on her.

The female was surprised. "I cannot imagine a place so barren...." There was little of the human remnants that she found beautiful. Some of the effigies were quite beautiful, and the weapons were intriguing, but she did not like the edifices that the humans had left behind. They were so...regular in shape, and she found that to be an un-beautiful thing. Indeed, there were those houses that provided fleeting shelter, but the wild she-wolf could not find it in herself to remain in such an abode for long. Of course, her life had been one of wandering, where the earth had been her bed and the heavens her blankets, and once such freedom had been experienced, it was difficult to regress.

As the Geneva continued to speak, Cwmfen fell silent, listening quietly to the words that the other had to offer. There was something about the tone that told her to be silent and to listen. There was a sadness in them, though it was not so intense as to press itself upon her own soul. But the colour of that sadness was a wash of slate and blue, perhaps with a streak of crimson and white, and she knew then of the pain that lurked within the other. The stone-hued female had lost her pups, and, evidently, her mate—or lover, at least. Cwmfen felt a great sadness wash over herself, and she wished that she could convey her emotions to the other. But all she could find to say was, "Oh, Geneva...." with silver tones, quiet like the whisper of the dying. And then, at length, "They have already found peace across that river called Death." Her soft Caledonian lilt took on a strange tone, as if she were reciting the rites of the dead.

Cwmfen nic Graine, sighed quietly. "The world is always throwing hardships upon us. Perhaps it is because we wander the world seeking Truth and happiness while it is always so near to us to begin with...." She turned to the other, wishing that she was strong enough to share her story with the other, but it was still too early for her. The woad-marked female smiled again, hoping that she had adequately conveyed her remorse, and feeling suddenly closer to this female that she had only just met.

[/html]
[html]
I suck. I am sorry! But I am sooo ready to get back on track!

Geneva smiled, feeling a sort of closeness toward the understanding woad-banded wolfess. There was closure in disclosing the information she had held pressed so closely to her heart. Truth be told, she hadn't spoken of her experiences to anyone. Not since Savina had first found her at the borders. Since then, she had focused on blazing a trail forward instead of reflecting on the path behind her. Her future here was very real. She could almost taste the opportunities on her tongue. It was a very heady thing, giving her the strength to look to each new day with wonder and optimism.

She sensed a sadness in Cwfen nic Graine. Something lurked just behind those startling yet stunning white eyes, an unnamed entity that pushed at Geneva's curiosity. But she refrained from asking or really turning the mystery around in her head. She knew better; she recognized something of herself in Cwfen. Something that choked her words and wrenched her heart, raised in her recognition of a hurt too deep to speak of. She just hoped that with time Cwfen would heal.

"I like to think so," Geneva said wistfully. "Sometimes, sometimes I wish that I could see what that was like...The otherside, you know? Not to die myself...but to know what it is like."v She was a very curious woman, and the threshold between this world and the next had also fascinated her. She didn't fear dying. She feared a life unlived, to waste a single precious breath. She knew very well how quickly the course of life could change, how fleeting or long lasting happiness could be. But she had an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, facts, and Truth. "I like to think that we know the truth, not only by reason, but also by the heart."

[/html]
[html]

Thanks for the table~! And sorry for the wait!<3
500+

Cwmfen smiled lightly, sadly. The white orbs regarded the stone-hued wolf silently. The tragedies of the world always seemed to fall upon those undeserving. That was not to say that she was undeserving. She had killed many already in her life. Most had been in defense, to protect her self in that never-ending struggle for survival. Yet, in doing so, she had improved her skills, had made herself capable of protecting her self—and others, should she choose. But often she had chosen not to help others. She had even killed in cold blood, with a certain amount of sadism.... It had only been once or twice, but was not once too much? But a damaged soul learned to trust no one, and no one could be trusted. There was always some way to betray someone, no matter how great the bond that bound them. She had seen a brighter side of life once she had joined Dahlia de Mai. She had tried to forget that darker road that lay only at her side. But sometimes, in the dead of night, she felt that urge once more, that need to grab life by the horns and kill it.

.... Everyone had that capability.

“They say that a crow carries the soul over that river....” She said suddenly. The crow—badb—was a goddess of death too.

Once more, she discarded that dark, persistent shroud. “Perhaps dreaming would be most akin to death,” she speculated quietly. Yet dreaming was an ambiguous entity, for while there were dreams, there were nightmares also. She wondered which death would be most worthwhile.

“Truth—absolute truth, that is—is impossible to obtain, for knowledge is constantly expanding.” She laughed quietly with silver tones. “But I do think that it is with the heart and soul—not with reason—that we will be able to most closely obtain Truth.” She had thought long and hard upon this subject, and she felt a strange certainty in her words. Logic, while most objective, seemed to always need reason. But perhaps Truth itself did not require reason. Perhaps that was what made Truth Truth. “But who can say? If Truth is unobtainable, then no one will ever know its quality. But I feel that perhaps each individual will personally understand Truth to their own purposes, and that each interpretation will be just as correct as the next.” The woad-marked female felt that she was rambling and tried to change the subject.

She was in the stage of her life where she was searching—or perhaps that was always an excuse. She was always searching, and one day, when one search ended, a new search would begin. But for now, she was searching for this. “What is the nature of relationships?” Suddenly, Cwmfen smiled shyly. “Love, I mean....” She hoped that Geneva would understand what she meant. “It’s just that.... All my life I have been trapped in this solitude.” The white-eyed fae looked about as if gazing at the confines of her imaginary abode. “And yet, it’s not as if I hate this solitude, for my existence seems to require it greatly. But...sometimes the soul needs a companion. Something more than a friend perhaps....” There was no real frustration in the alto voice, however, for the search was not yet urgently provoking itself upon her. But curiosity was growing, and it was curiosity now that moved her to ask this Crimson Dream member.

[/html]
[html]
It would be nice to believe that someone had accompanied Jordan and her unnamed children to their final destination. That someone might guide them, that the universe might care enough about tiny souls who had never gasped their first breath to provide comfort, support....everything she had never been able to - never had the chance to give. She hoped it was true.

Cwfen seemed so wise, so sure of herself. Her alto voice was like a whisper of darkness, like black velvet wrapped around her mind. She found that she liked listening to the woman, as much for her thoughts and insights as well as the peculiarly lovely sound of her voice. The pitch of her tone was calm, soothing.

And then their conversation turned to love. Cwfen seemed somewhat shy then. Geneva smiled, as much in welcome as in contemplation. "Love can be a lot of things - difficult, exhilarating, gentle...It depends on those involved in that relationship," she said softly, her mind turning to past times. "But, it has been my experience that the best kind of romantic relationship has always been based in friendship."

She breathed in, the cool air washing over her. "As far as the nature of Love...many disagree on its definition. Some think it has to do with the 'fireworks,' the excitement, the thrill you get just to be near that one man or woman. But I think..." she trailed off, an image forming in her mind of the one she missed the most. Kind yellow eyes gazed back at her down the void of memory, the soft smile curving his face so reminiscent of the times they'd talked for hours. And then the mental conjuring of Jordan seemed to nod, as if agreeing with her thoughts before fading away. "I believe that love, real love, will always be a choice to put the one you love first, to do whatever is best for them, even if it isn't the best for yourself," she finished softly.

[/html]
[html]

Should we bring this to a close soon? OuO
500+

Cwmfen smiled as she listened, the white orbs watching the ground. The fae was naïve concerning such a topic, and so she was relieved when the other female did not ridicule her for it. She was glad that love seemed to be a complicated thing—and for everyone, not just her. The concept was so curiously ambiguous: difficult, exhilarating, and gentle? Indeed this thing called love was a trifle. It was no wonder she had never experienced it, such was its complexity. She had never been looking for it—not directly anyway—and such complexity did not merely make itself available. It was like death, she supposed. Even dying took some effort. “Why can love not be simpler?” she asked aloud. “Yet, if it was so simple, would even be worth one’s while?”

She smiled to herself. Perhaps that was why so many sought it so deeply—because it was so worth while. She wondered if she would find it. “Yes.... A friendship would bring familiarity, which would lead to a stronger bond!... Right?” Her social habits, or, more likely, her lack of it, hindered her. This solitary life had been a comfortable one, but the maturing body and mind desired another to share life with, if not just its passions. Perhaps, too, one to share its hardships....

“I’m beginning to understand why it’s so difficult to define,” the alto voice laughed softly. Geneva Stockholm seemed to take on a wistful tone, and so Cwmfen took care to listen more carefully, to understand better the words of this stone-hued female. She did think that she would feel a strange exhilaration to be near the loved one, but— But then Geneva was trailing off, and the black, woad-marked fae leaned in closer, eager to hear the last of the remark. What do you think? What is the best kind for you? She wanted to know, this virgin of relationships, of love and its ways. The white orbs crossed over the green eyes of the other female sitting opposite her, and found that she had fallen into some sort of deeper thought, a reminiscence, perhaps. The black female fell patiently awaiting the end to that thought, and when it came, she was glad that she had heard it. A light smile came to her lips.

“Mmm,” she murmured quietly, a sound of agreement and of curiosity. “That would take Love to move someone to self sacrifice....” The warrior thought about it for a moment. Such an act would go against the instinct that pushed her and many others to survive. But it was also a concept vaguely familiar to her.... Was that not the way of the warrior too? “I would be willing—for someone I love.” Cwmfen hoped that she did not sound selfish of conceded.

“But...” she began softly. “But how do you know when you’re in love? Or...how do you know when you are loved in return?” This sort of rejection was something that she feared. To love someone and not have it returned? ...She supposed that it was better to have loved than never at all.

[/html]
[html]
Lets get 'er done. End here! 'Grats on the spotlight. You deserve it!

"You never really can know, or be certain of someone else," Geneva said immediately, her thoughts churning. "You can only ever be certain of yourself and of the decisions you choose to make. Love can be incredibly one-sided." These weren't really words of caution. Love had never burned the gray wolfess, not really. She had loved completely with her whole being and had had that love returned. Hers had been an innocent and wide eyed love that had matured and graced her through the seasons. She had grown with that love, from child to woman, and had never known anything but its radiant touch. She felt the loss of it now like a dull ache and at times like salt thrown into a wound.

"I think you know more about love than you think," she said, smiling. The woad-marked wolfess didn't seem as though she was grasping at straws. Her questions were pointed, directing her toward specific knowledge. But no one could have all the answers concerning such a strange and wonderful thing. The answers were different for everyone. She hoped that Cwmfen nic Graine would find her own answers to be just as dear to her heart as Geneva's answers had been to her.

"You will know when you are loved," she said finally, "when you can no longer question it." Because love, true love, was like a madness unto itself. It certainly spawned questions, but it also ignited a surety within the soul when it was truly returned. If the dark woad marked wolfess had won the heart of another, she surely would know.

The sky rumbled as lightning cracked against the sky in a shock of purple. Lime green eyes rolled up to the sky before returning to Cwmfen. "I'm afraid I must leave you now. The rain looks as though it will only get worse. I hope you have a safe journey home, but should you need shelter, you will always be welcome here."
[/html]