I'm PINK and black and blue for you
[html]
I had this all typed up and everything X_X!!!!!! And then the internet crapped out on me. ;_;

It was getting late, but the cold didn't bother Ember too much. It even made her feel a little bit better--the dull ache in her hand where her fingers had been crushed was beginning to go away, so she travelled with more ease. There was a light dusting of frost over the ground that was leftover from the day before, and as she walked she created a trail through it, an area where there was nothing but the dark green of the grass

The female stood in her two legged form, trekking along the lands just outside of Inferni's border. She wasn't even sure why she was here...it was just that this was the only place any more that she knew, really. Ember sat down beneath a tree near the borderline, waiting. Surely someone had to be out...even at this time of night.

[/html]
We haven't threaded in forever! Hii, lol.[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

Even though her plaid dress was veiled beneath it, Ryan moved almost unnoticed in the navy shadows of the dying day wrapped in the dark colored blanket she had knitted. It had been a long time since she had done any sewing, but she thought of possibly using some of the fabrics she had left to make another dress. Unlike most of the other Luperci around here, Ryan was almost always in some sort of form of clothing. It only seemed natural to her.

Her head seemed sort of clouded, almost foggy with fatigue. She intended to trek back to the cave where she had been staying and most likely go to sleep for the night, but the stars displayed overhead were keeping her from making it there entirely. Wrapping the blanket tighter, she titled her head back and gazed at the stars. Though her feet were moving, she took small steps and still hadn’t quite made it into Inferni just yet.

It was probably the smell more than anything that set off that tiny alarm in her brain. Inferni had a particular scent, and this went against it. She knew it was a wolf, but because of Ember’s dark pelt, it took Ryan a moment to spot her. "Who’re you?" She asked, though out of curiosity rather than disdain that most of the other coyotes would have had.

[/html]
[html]
No, we haven't Big Grin woo!!!! HI

She wanted to ask what the creature had wrapped around her, what sort of material it was made of, where she had found it, what its purpose was...but wasn't sure if it would be appropriate. Ember was fairly sure that she wasn't welcomed around this area to begin with, so she wasn't even certain that they would get past introductions before she was driven out.

The dark wolf stood her ground, waiting for it to come. The shouting, the threats. Every time she came here she faced the same thing, denial, but she didn't care any more. Where else did she have to go? She was staying with Tayui, but she couldn't be there all the time. She had to go out and do things on her own every once in a while...so this was what she did."Ember. What are you wearing?" She'd gone to the city to look for clothing for herself, but hadn't been able to find anything.

[/html]
[html]

She knew that she had never met this girl before, because Ryan had only come across a handful of people since settling down in Inferni. With her formally nomadic life, she was used to meeting new people all the time, so it wasn’t entirely a big deal for her. "Oh, I’m Ryan," she responded, aware that Ember hadn’t asked her. "This? Just a blanket. I wrapped up because it was cold," she told her, as if it were all perfectly logical. And to her, it was. To others… it wasn’t so conventional. She paused for a moment, looking towards the stars, towards Ember, and then to the land stretching beyond the scent-marked borders which were deemed Inferni. Catching her emerald gaze again, she questioned, "Are you looking for someone in Inferni?"

[/html]
[html]
Sorry that I suck D: What should they do?

Ember didn't know many wolves any more who weren't in her family. Almost everybody that she knew was related to her in some way, or knew members of her family. A few had even been adopted into the family over the years, bringing even more ties. "What's a blanket?" She questioned. So far, so good. It was kind of peculiar that this coyote wasn't acting in a hostile manner...but she would take what she could get. "I know about using skins...and I've seen some different types of clothing. But I've never heard of that before."

She frowned when she was asked the question about who she'd come to see, shrugging. "I was just visiting the lands. Not anyone in particular. I don't really have anywhere to go...so I've just been wandering around."

[/html]
Uhhh, maybe the could go to Ryan's cave thing and she could show her her fabrics/clothing or something? XD Or they could star gaze and talk.[html]

"Well, a blanket is similar to using skins. I knitted this one from some yarn that my mother had gotten me." Goods like that were usually received in trades for their services – the same way Lene used Ryan to earn her drugs only months before her death. "I don’t think many people around here have them," she added as a side note.

"So you’ve been to Inferni before?" She questioned, since Ember was an unfamiliar face to her. "What do you mean you have no place to go? Do you have no family?" She thought about maybe offering for Ember to sleep in the caves tonight if it was true that she really had no where else to go.

[/html]
[html]
Sure! They could sit back and relax in the cave and talk about fabric and chill! Big Grin

Was yarn what the clothes in the city had been made of? She could read enough english to just barely be able to understand the words on the tag, but she had thought that the sweaters had been made of something else. Something that started with...a "c", maybe? Ember hadn't really read a lot lately, so she was beginning to slowly forget some of the words that she had learned. She'd have to relearn them over the next few weeks. Then she would be able to read all the tags for herself...every word.

"Oh. I've never...heard of that before" She admitted. "Knitting. And I think you're right--I've never seen one before" Conversation with this coyote seemed easy. She was really friendly. "I do have family...but I see them too much. I don't want to be a bother. I was staying with another wolf, an old leader of mine...but now I can't figure out how to get back there. What about you? Do you have family here?"

[/html]
Sounds good![html]

She couldn’t really be of any help to Ember, which made her feel sort of bad, but she was happy enough to have some company. After her mother had died, Ryan seemed to enjoy the presence of another, and it didn’t usually matter who it was. "Well, my mother isn’t here anymore. She died a few months ago. But I found my father living here in Inferni. His name’s Anselm." She couldn’t be sure if Ember was familiar with Inferni and its members, but she decided to say his name just in case. She was coming to discover that a lot of the wolves around here had connections with one another. She supposed she was slowly immersing herself into it all.

[/html]
[html]

"I've heard of him. I used to live in Dahlia de Mai...but hopefully you won't hold that against me." She ha dleft that place, after all. Ember didn't really enjoy fighting unless it was for herself...and what had happened, the war and all...well, it hadn't felt like it was her place to get involved in all of that. "I'm sorry to hear about your mother. My father's gone, too. My brother said that he died." So she could have empathy, at least a little bit. "Do you have more fabrics anywhere like this one? Maybe we could do some kind of a trade"

[/html]
[html]

"I’m sorry," she replied, knowing all too well what a death could mean to somebody and change their lives. Ember may not have had the same relationship with her dad as Ryan had had with her mother, but she would never know for sure. Either way, she sympathized. "Oh, of course. I have a whole bag with different fabrics my mother had gotten me before she passed away. I keep them with the rest of my belongings, not too far from here. Would you like to see? I could make something for you." The thought of a new sewing project brightened her mood.

[/html]
[html]

She knew of many different places in the city where she could go to find something to trade, too. It would be fantasic! Ember had never met anyone from Inferni who was this friendly--it was great. She had come here expecting to be chased out again, but she'd actually met someone nice. "I can learn how to knit, maybe...and make you something. Or I know a bunch of cool shops in the city that have useful stuff. Like knives and nets for catching fish...those kinds of things." She nodded at the invitation--she would love to see more fabrics! "Sure!"

[/html]
[html]

"I haven’t really been to the city yet," Ryan confessed, smiling as she gathered the blanket closer around her frame so that she would be able to walk easier. "Though I’ve been by it." She lead them easily towards the cave where her belongings were stored, barely having to pay attention to the terrain to know they were headed in the right direction. "But that would be great. I can show you how to get started knitted. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a breeze."

She ducked into the cave, having made it there in only a few minutes. Her bag wasn’t that far in – allowing the natural light to keep everything lit. "Home, sweet, home," she laughed, sitting down on the ground and crossing her legs like a pretzel as she began to pull the fabrics she had out from the bag. "This one’s my favorite," she commented, pulling out the red and black plaid. Something about it just gave off a cozy feeling, she thought. "There’s more too," she added, grabbing them out and handing them to Ember so that she could look at them as well.

[/html]
[html]

She had wondered before if the coyotes had dens like the wolves did or if they were more or less advanced, but it looked to be around the same. Functional. Just whatever would work to survive. That was pretty much what she had been doing, staying in a place where the wind couldn't get at her. Ember entered the cave slowly, looking around. She did want to believe that she would be okay here with Ryan, but at the same time she couldn't help but be a little fearful. Gabriel would probably be really angry if he knew that she was there again.

"I love all of them. I don't know how I could pick--can I pick from any of these? Something pretty thick, maybe." She ran her hands across a big piece of white. It was really soft! "I like these soft ones, too...maybe...something silver or white? I love both of those colors." Maybe something long, like a cloak or a cape.

[/html]
[html]

"Of course, choose whatever you want," Ryan told her, now emptying out the last of her fabrics. Seeing them spread out like this, she was surprised at just how many there actually were. She would be interested in checking the city too, however, in hopes of getting some more. The thought of all the possibilities made her smile. She supposed that sewing was the one thing she had always found comfort in, perhaps which is why she was so excited to be making something new again.

"There is this one too," she said, holding a heavy, folded bulk of light grey wool. "Or even this." It was a bundle of a fleece fabric, white in color, though a corner had been burnt by something and had taken a caramel tone. If it was what Ember wanted, though, she could work around it. She studied Ember’s frame, thinking of what type of garment she could make for her new friend. Ryan was particular to dresses, but that would take some time. Maybe a simpler throw or coat. "Did you have anything in mind?" She held up the wool and examined it, before placing it aside and smiling. "I mean, what you would want me to make for you."

[/html]
[html]

She wasn't quite sure if that was the right word, cloak, but that was what she was looking for. Was Ryan even able to make those kinds of things? Or maybe that would be too much to ask, for what she had to give her in return. Ember kept quiet for a moment, thinking, then nodded. "I was thinking about a cloak, maybe? I don't know how hard those are to make, though...and I don't have a lot of useful things to offer you in return. But once I get to the city I might have more."

"And those two look absolutely perfect together. It's kind of neat..to get those shades. I'm black, and then gray and white. Maybe I'm just silly, though, thinking that way." Those were colors that she thought might look good on her. Or maybe green, too. Because her eyes were green. She wasn't sure. Ryan probably knew a lot more about this than she did, and she didn't want to open her mouth and risk saying something wrong.

[/html]
[html]

"Of course, that would go lovely together," she told her, taking the fabrics and holding them so that a bit of each of them overlapped. The cloak would be easy enough, and Ryan wouldn’t have to take direct measurements. An easy project, but one that would keep her occupied for awhile. And she already had a wonderful idea about what to do with the two fabrics. And it looked like there was going to be enough so that she would be able to do it.

"Well, you’ll definitely have to stop by in a week or so and then we can see if it needs any alterations. I’ll probably just make it a bit long, and then we can hem it to the perfect length when you try it on." Ryan had to agree with Ember. She thought the colors would look nice against her dark coat. Not to mention – the silvery grey and white would look amazing during the winter time. Once the snow really came down, it would serve as mediocre camouflage.

[/html]
[html]
Yayy! end this one and have another later? ^_^

"Yeah! I don't really have much inside my cave right now, just a few furs..so I could wrap myself up in it to sleep. Uh...but I'm not sure how to clean something like this. Do I wash it in the river? But the river's pretty dirty too..." She thought for a few moments. She'd never had any clothing of her own, so she wasn't sure what she'd do when she actually had it. And how would it clasp together? She didn't understand how the fabric would stick together so that she could wear it. She'd seen some small metal pieces on other items of clothing, though....maybe something like that.

[/html]
Finished. :] [html]

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone;
I'll be waiting.

"In the warmer months, I usually wash my clothing by the river. The water helps run some of the dirt off. And then I let it dry out in the sun. But during the winter times, it’s obviously impossible. Running water isn’t easy to come by, so I don’t waste much on my clothing. Besides, it would freeze solid. You shouldn’t have to worry too much about keeping the cloak clean." She spread out the fabric between her fingers, picturing the finished product. She studied Ember’s frame once more, just to make sure she would get the sizing right.

"Hmm, a week should be plenty of time, but don’t worry if you can’t stop by until later. I’m rarely busy. If you drop by the borders, I’m bound to run into you." She offered a smile. The thought of a new project to keep her occupied really warmed her spirits, especially since she knew DaVinci would have his hands full with his children.

[/html]